The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conjuring

+2
TATORZ
The Empty Lord
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Conjuring - Page 2 Empty Conjuring

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:38 am

First topic message reminder :

Angry Introduction!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
"Conjuring" is a skill that empowers Magicians. It provides a cheap alternative to training via combat, and combat-only; whilst giving them some much needed defence. Conjured equipment also strengthens Magic's combat-front, which is predominantly trained via non-combat. The Lunar Spellbook is just one example of just how broken this combat skill is; whilst using, there are no combat ways to train it!

The Conjuring skill does not "conjure into combat". No, Conjuring is more like Smithing;
• Mineral + Forge = Bar, Bar + Anvil = Smithed Equipment,
• Essence + Altar = Runes, Runes + Lectern = Conjured Equipment.

Note that Conjured equipment has requirements in Magic, provides magic experience, has magic bonus stats and inflicts magical damage; Protect from Magic, and Ranged armour will protect from conjured weapons as it does for spells. A "Wind Longsword" is not a Melee weapon; no melee requirements, stats or even a solid blade. Just wind energy.

Conjuring isn't lossless. Obtaining high-levelled Conjured equipment is more costly than obtaining Rune equipment (as Rune is easily found outside Smithing). But, like Smithing, you can't just make equipment in battle... you require a specific location. Many have suggested a "rusting" theme for Melee equipment to bring some demand to Smithing. Well, Conjured equipment does break, but, unlike many "rusting" ideas, there is no repairing.

Conjuring won't change the fast-training techniques Magic already has; such as Alchemy. However, instead of being just a fast training method, it becomes the fast-and-expensive training method... with Conjured equipment offering a cheap-but-slow training method similar to how players train melee.

This thread goes onto page 2.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´•.¸¸.•´¯`•._.•

Grin Conjuring!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
A skill is possibly the hardest thing to suggest, tied with locations (but nevermind)! For a good skill you need 99 levels of content? But to summarize... Conjuring requires tablets, break the tablets and you receive elemental manifestations that *resemble* existing weapons (as well as some new faces). To make tablets, you need runes (including one of four new runes), and some run of the mill essence.

Note that;
• Conjuring is a new, independent skill. Think of it as magic's smithing skill.
• Conjured equipment is magic-based, using it has magic requirements, and gives magic exp.
• Wind through fire equipment can be used by free to play, but the skill is still members only.

Consumption is combats biggest calling... melee desperately needs one to give smithing some need, but magic's is far too large! Cost per experience is soaring for magic, it's just too expensive! And this doesn't just affect magic! Without magicians, who will archers dominate? Archers too will become rare, leaving us with a predominantly melee population!

We know the basics behind combat... that warriors wield metal, and rangers wear hide? What does magic have? Conjuring empowers an ancient magical art, the discipline of manifesting the very elemental energy that resides within runestones to create elemental equipment (this isn't unoriginality, I included runestones so runecrafting wouldn't be out of a job)! But this is NOT a concept shared by many MMOs, no, items conjured by this skill are borne of magic an are purely magical (wieldable by those adapt in magic only!).

Conjuring's skill-logo would be that of a firesword.

How the triangle works;
- Range uses projectiles to pierce a magician's armour, but fail to scratch melee's.
- Magic's spells and weapons to hit through melee armour, but are absorbed by hide.
- Melee uses blades to slice through ranges' hide, but cannot breach magic's conjured armour.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

Confuse How?!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Conjuring is very similar to smithing; gather mineral, refine it, forge it. However, instead of ore, a furnace and an anil, conjuring has essence, runecrafting altars and a lecturn (similar, but not the same as lecturns in your POH).

The process;
• Gather the runestones.
• Fill the remainder of your inventory with essence* which will become the tablets.
• Locate a Magic Lectern, located in most Magic stores/locations.
• Use the desired element rune on the Lectern, and a display will open. (like bars on an anvil)
• Choose the item you wish to conjure (and how many) and the player will craft a tablet.

All conjuring experience is obtained in that process, aside from lamps, minigames, etc.

Tablets can be stacked and traded. They can also be dropped, something magicians can kill for. However, once the item is unleashed from its tablet, it's untradable. Why? For the same reason as Barrows' equipment, because conjured equipment damages. It doesn't lose stats, but once the lifespan expires - the item dissipates. If it were tradeable the marketplace would be horrific; "my weapon only had 50 damage left!"

An example; say I'd conjured a weapon with a damage cap of 140+. Now I say 140+ because it's not limited to 140 damage, weapons cannot break in combat - so one disperses after the fight where the 140 damage is caused. Armour would last indefinitely, or at least far longer than weapons! Note that the lifespan increases with grade (fire is better than wind). This means there is a constant demand for the skill. Which is why Smithing should adapt a similar system, where armour breaks, so the smithing skill is always in demand!

Now this doesn't make them anti-pvp weapons. If a player dies with some conjured equipment, its cash value and rune cost will appear on the ground. The deceased player can only retrieve the items.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

*rune essence will only work up to and including fire equipment.

Pleased Elements?
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
The basic elements are wind, water, earth and fire. All four can be used by free players. However, they cannot make it themselves (like Treasure Trail rewards). Smoke, Shadow, Blood, Ice and Astral are all members only, and can only be made after a bit of questing; Lunar Diplomacy to conjure Astral equipment, and Desert Treasure to Ancient equipment! To Conjure equipment, you must be in the mind of its respective spellbook.

Similar to melee's dragon, there is Dragonfire element (shortened to d'fire)! This would have the highest requirement of all equipment, and is obtained in a similar fashion to melee's dragon equipment. Like dragon, it's unmakeable, difficult to obtain, available in an incomplete set, and it's weapons posses special attacks! Dragonfire doesn't degrade. (could require a quest to use)

Weapons, and weapons only, have unlimited runes in their element (astral weapons only replace one astral rune per spell). Weapons can also autocast - but only of elements equal to or lower graded than itself (so water weapons can autocast water and wind spells). Ancient Weapons don't have unlimited runes, but may activate their effect. Most Ancient Weapons share the same special attack that, provided it hits, has a 100% chance of activating the effect. In multicombat, the special would effecting a nine-square area of the target.

As dragonfire lacks an element to provide, its armour actively absorbs some damage - a full set is about 15%. D'fire weapons will of course have special attacks.

Combination equipment is a possibility. Conjuring levels to create should, at least, be the same as their highest contained element. To wield the levels are slightly increased, the equipment would offer additional stats and it looks better. It also provides multiple runes and degrades slower!

Combination equipment requires the combination rune. Air-combos might not happen.

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:15 am; edited 3 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Conjuring - Page 2 Empty Re: Conjuring

Post by Handeath Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:50 pm

When this suggestion was on the RSOF, many people said that players would just pick up the coins dropped; I think the Conjured gear should appear just as it is weilded, with the damage counter reset. My suggestion was simply an alternative to the Disappation effect.

I'm simply saying that your introducing a changed to Ranged Bonuses without following up. People will NOT SUPPORT (and rage) because of the slightest thing. Angry

Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:23 am

But via that method, players will just drop their the weapon to instantly repair it. The only way around this is to have a broken form of the weapon.

I only proposed Ranged bonuses because there would likely be upset if Magic received an update and left Ranged un-updated. Accurate, rapid and long-ranged would be like Assertive, Aggressive, Controlled and Defensive, they control what experience you get; whilst things like stab, slash and crush only really affect offence-vs-defence, like some armours have better defence than others.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 am

Trading back and forth does the same thing.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:36 am

Handeath wrote:Trading back and forth does the same thing.

Dropping to repair?

I said that as a bad thing, but that doesn't sound like you're saying it as a con.

The only issue I have with a broken form is it doesn't remand resources. Having the weapon disperse means that the resource-acquiring skill and the production skill are both required again, whilst repairing a weapon only requires the production skill. That is, unless repairing also requires resource. Perhaps when the weapon breaks it becomes a "husk", or "frail" which still resembles the weapon but cannot be used. Further empowerment requires the same resources as the original, and either the full skill requirement or the minimum requirement to forge that shape (as, in theory, the shape would still be there).

Actually, I like that. When a weapon is dropped, traded or is used up it becomes a "husk". For example: Husk Dagger, Husk Sphere, etc. Alternatively: Water Dagger (h). This depends on whether a weapon should be "repairable" to any element (obviously levels still apply). This would mean you could have a Water Dagger one day and a Fire Dagger the next. Husks cannot be equip.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:01 am

well husk sounds promising... I think

I thought... heey wait a minute.. I need to read the other posts before I can post what I thought... xD
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:21 am

Conjuring - Page 2 Conjur10

idk but is this a "firesword" you talked about in the first post Tongue or should I make it more flamessss, its just a red dragon-like sword Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:36 am

The Husk idea sounds cool, but how about the name Shroud? Conjured Equipment is pure energy in a material form, so when it's wore, the form unravels.

I though a Fire Sword wouldn't work, how about using a Lecturn as the symbol? Smithing uses an Anvil, so that should work.

I don't like using the direct element names, I have a couple here. I used Greek, Latin, and messed around with the translations:
Stratos - Wind
Aque - Water
Terra - Earth
Igne - Fire
Logia - Mind
Xoas - Chaos
Thavatos - Death
Sangi - Blood
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:41 pm

I was actually thinking last night, maybe there should be four of each element?

Either Wind Dagger (1), Wind Dagger (2), Wind Dagger (3) and Wind Dagger (4) or, like spells, have unique names for each. Gust Dagger, Gale Dagger, Typhoon and Hurricane... maybe. With Wind, Water, Earth, Fire, Astral and Arcane being the elements. Alternatively, the operative word could be reused (like strike, bolt, blast, etc). So Flash Dagger, Force Dagger, etc (but preferably not those words). But we'd still need something to identify the element.

Thus, Force Runes would be for the lowest level and Shadow Runes for the highest (rather than, as current, randomly placed). (similar to how current catalyst runes work).

Conjuring - Page 2 Conjur12
This is the one I original drew, but I somewhat agree Handeath. Although yours is very good, Zect. If you wanna try and draw a lecture. Note that the Lecturns have bowls on top rather than books, although I'm not sure if "lectern" is actually an appropriate word (Google's it... no, it's not. I always thought pedestal was the coloumn, but wikipedia says it means "to read" so I guess not). Bowl pedestal?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:13 pm

trying to create a bowl pedestal as an skill icon, not so easy but I'll try. And I did some nice smithing stuff for my own project so I could try to do some "wind/fire/earth/water/.... Platebody" etc..

Edit: here is the Bowl Pedestal, it was actually easier then the other one.. and I really liked the result...

Conjuring - Page 2 Conjur11

well I like this Conjuring - Page 2 54687 no back to the armors..

Edit 2: Here is one example how all the makeable armors could look like, just a suggestion Conjuring - Page 2 612280

from the left air, water, earth. fire
smoke, shadow, astral, blood and ice
Conjuring - Page 2 Csarbo10
I made them look like as only parts of the armor is elemental.. I could make all of it but then earth would look like bronze, air as steel and smoke as iron Conjuring - Page 2 612280 If we dont find another color for the that, which are "unpainted". What do you think of that?

Edit 3: The armors are after those runes 3mpty mentioned in page 1, I will change some I think.. As some new ones have appeared since Conjuring - Page 2 54687

Edit 4: made a Dragonfire, Nature, Arcane and Aethar armor Tongue
Conjuring - Page 2 Others10And I dont have a freaking idea how "space runes" and "time runes" would look like Tongue (so I can make the armors for them Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:14 am

Meh, 3mpty, I think your current idea works fine, different kinds of equipment (eg Daggers, Longswords) for each element.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:12 am

Very nice Zect! Can I reqquest two variations to compare: one with just the bowl and some energy, and one with a smaller pedestal and some energy (if you can fit it call).

@Hand, i'm not surre what that's in response because I said nothing to the contrary.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:34 am

so you want a pedestal/bowl with energy in it.. could try to make it.. need to google for "sparkling energy balls" or something similar so I can get some views how to make them Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:42 am

I was refering to your idea of having Force, Flash variations on elements, which seem to replace the idea that higher levels use different ideas.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:59 am

Conjuring - Page 2 Conjru10
Is this what you asked for or should I change it, I personally love them both ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:42 am

The Flash/Force wouldn't change the elements, merely the the name of the weapon. Force Dagger (A) would be air, in this example.

Wind grades - gust, gale, storm and thunder.
Water grades - torrent, delulge, maelstrom and tempest.
Earth grades - gravel, cobble, boulder and quake.
Fire grades - ember, flame, scorch and blaze.

All primary grades (gust, torrent, gravel and ember) would require force runes.... Calling them force weapons, eg Force Dagger (a), gives something consistent to search for, as wwould wind dagger (1).but there doesn't have to be anything consistent.

Zect, the right one is fit! Also, I just remembered, it's called a font (not lectern).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:47 am

So, for example, a Gravel Mace be Level 1 and a Quake Mace be Level 40?

Zectixox, loving the font. Grin
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:07 am

I love the elements too Tongue Will they look different too? could make some examples though Tongue

ty ^^ I love to make stuff like that so Smile
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:52 am

Handeath wrote:So, for example, a Gravel Mace be Level 1 and a Quake Mace be Level 40?

Yes. The four basic elements make up all of Magic, it seems stupid to create weapons that won't be useful anywhere else. Say having four wind means it gets stronger. Tongue

Zectiox wrote:I love the elements too Tongue Will they look different too? could make some examples though Tongue

Just to test your skills. Take your first font and add a slight shimmer of energy (so it's just as tall, or near enough). Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:01 am

need to translate that to really know what I need to do Conjuring - Page 2 612280 "slight shimmer of energy..." I will try Conjuring - Page 2 54687Grin

I do know what you mean with that line but... practically.. is it like you could see the font through the energy sphere? or ehmm ^o)
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:34 am

Conjuring - Page 2 Conjru11
this is my "version" over a font with "slight shimmer of energy, and just the first example, will make a new one if this wasn't the one you thought of Smile I just want to see in which direction I need to go now Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:50 am

I personally like the top-right, as the bottom two aren't as energic, but the base should be a bit bigger.

So we have the Classical Elements up to L40, Underdark and Overlight at L30, Dragonfire at L60. What for L60-L99? I've got Storm, Aether, Arcane, Nature, Distortion.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:13 am

Zectiox wrote:this is my "version" over a font with "slight shimmer of energy, and just the first example, will make a new one if this wasn't the one you thought of Smile I just want to see in which direction I need to go now Grin

I meant I "little bit" of energy. Tongue

I preferred the original colour. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:17 am

make elemetns which are easy to make armors with Tongue Aether (Cyan but more greener Tongue) Arcane (Cyan)

there's houndreds of elements so we could make conjuring to lvl 120 if we wanted to xD

I leave the element-stuff to you, I can try to make the runes/stuff with the elemental colors... I'm just not that good with choosing elements..

haha okey, I will make it a little bit less.. its just difficult when its just 4x9-15px big (the smaller one, the bigger one is 14x8px or so) but a bit less okey.
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:42 am

Handeath wrote:So we have the Classical Elements up to L40, Underdark and Overlight at L30, Dragonfire at L60. What for L60-L99? I've got Storm, Aether, Arcane, Nature, Distortion.

Oh wait. No, Quake wouldn't be quite that low levelled. Quake would be level 70ish. It aligns with the spells, somewhat. Overlight and Underdark would be a low-end special set, Dragonfire would be mid and Astral/Arcane higher (or reverse the latter two). Perhaps separate Astral and Arcance. There could be several special sets. Astral/Arcane would be the only ones craftable. Also, there can be others. The Sludgehammer is a special weapon, for example. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:30 am

Conjuring - Page 2 Font10
the font with a little less shimmer.. still no spark about it, could need some sleep and try again tomorrow... but.. ehmm..
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:33 am

Looks like water. Go back to the air colour! Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin