The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountain: Guardian of The Mud Diamond

3 posters

Go down

Mountain: Guardian of The Mud Diamond Empty Mountain: Guardian of The Mud Diamond

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:39 am

°l||l° The Mountain (Mud Diamond) °l||l°
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
The Mirror
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Callum stares into the mirror, he sees what seems to be a large mountain range, then he sees the paths of arandar...

Requirements
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
67 agility
70 Thieving
74 Ranging

Accomodations
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
A huge new mountain with a mysterious throne on top and a massive sealed crevice at the bottom is added to the east of Arandar

Premise
¯¯¯¯¯¯

The Mud Diamond is guarded by a strange and massive creature that some call “The Mountain.” Located in the vast range directly east of Arandar this hulking beast literally sits atop the diamond. Although some fancy it a mountain…It is really a massive elemental of mud. The only way to access the chamber of the Diamond is to reach the top and tame the mountain forcing it to open it's maw.

Description
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The Mountain is a giant flowing creature of mud…basically a massive agility course…it also manifests strange beings of slag and mud (lvls 104, 121, 134, 142)…It will attack anyone trying to climb it with large mud tentacles…pitfall traps, waves of mud and more…once a player reaches the top they will have access to a nice shooting range of monsters weak to magic…and getting up gives a hefty amount of agility xp. This can be done daily after HA for agility xp

Storyline
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Callum quickly makes his way to Arandar...he attempts to enter the chasm but a dark voice stops him...

"Fool, only one who can master me and reach the peak may enter the depths"

Callum dodged around strange beasts that rose from the mountain...leaped over pits that appeared unexpectedly, dodged spikes shooting from the ground and more...finally he reached the peak...as he sat upon the throne he heard a massive sigh from deep beneath

"You may enter i suppose...but you will not be welcome...and remember that I have great power...if you attempt to leave by your foolish human magic whilst still in the depths I will reclaim what is mine"

Callum entered the chasm and walked through a peaceful corridor to a simple sanctum beneath the mountain. On an impressive pedestal he saw the Mud Diamond. Quickly he snatched it using his thieving skills but since he was not sneaky enough he found himself face to face with a huge elemental...

Despite the fact that it could throw him against the wall and drain his strength he eventually managed to defeat it...

He found himself sucked into a strange chasm, the mountain had set him yet another challenge...he grappled across a large chasm and crawled through a tunnel into familiar territory, back when he had been exploring the underground pass he had fallen itno this area from the swampy central passage at the very start of the pass...after making his way to the entrance of the underground pass he heard an ominous rumbling...

"Stop! you may not take the diamond!"

Another huge elemental rose from the swampy passage... he threw a huge glob of mud and a mud elemental rose to guard the door...although Callum sensed that defeating the large one would banish the one guarding the entrance he dispatched the lesser one quickly and exited the pass with the mud diamond safely in his possesion

Greater Mud Elementals
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Lvl: 303
Hp: 255
Attack Style: Melee, Boulder Ranging, and Mud spells
Max Hit: 40
Notes: Can hit back similar to dad

Last edited by Dark Avorian on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Mountain: Guardian of The Mud Diamond Empty Re: Mountain: Guardian of The Mud Diamond

Post by TATORZ Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:10 am

This is certainly not what I first thought up for this idea, but I like it, too.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but it was going to be the only... non-living diamond holder. You have your mud elemental, I had my... mountain.

All it was was a mountain. Then, using some means, you try to wash away the rock until the diamond was revealed. It gets out of control and you have a giant mudflow coming your way. And, like any great adventurer would, you stop it.

The point is to use your construction skills to build a sufficient barricade to stop this massive flow. If it's too weak or you're too slow, it gets destroyed and you're thrown farther down to try again.

When the flow is stopped, you then just have to dig around until you find the diamond Tongue

I like your idea (and since you're in charge of it, what you says goes)... I just like having something non-living. Tongue Wink
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Mountain: Guardian of The Mud Diamond Empty Re: Mountain: Guardian of The Mud Diamond

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:19 am

Oh yeah - I could never remember mud. Although, the fact it wasn't originally planned to be alive has been... "discussed". Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:23 am

'Discussed' by whom's standards?
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:02 am

Urgh... mine and Dark's usual means of discussing. Basically, I didn't realise he didn't know the mountain was inanimate, and most of my complaints were based on this... it was only after that he told me it was more of an elemental, which would have spared the argument. Tongue

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:05 am

lol!
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Reqs added
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:13 pm

polished
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:30 am

A bump every six days keeps the garbage monster away. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down