Sneaky Sneaky...

Go down

Sneaky Sneaky...

Post by 3mptylord on Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:47 am

Okayy Sneak is the class, said skills involved haven't been fully decided and only Dark War 123 is likely to remember the concept.

Anyway. :P

Last edited by 3mptylord on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7343

View user profile http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Sneaky Sneaky...

Post by Arrow Gun 99 on Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:45 pm

Shocked

Arrow Gun 99
Page

Number of posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:52 pm

Psychoboy8 wrote:Okayy Sneak is the class, said skills involved haven't been fully decided and only Dark War 123 is likely to remember the concept.

Yes. I remember the skill being called 'Rogue' or something.

Perhaps.

Last edited by Dark War 123 on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mptylord on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:57 pm

I thought Rouge was the person, Sneak was the class?

• Magicians use Magic,
  • Warriors use Melee,
  • Archers use Range,
  • Druids use Summoning,
  • Shamans use Zoanthropy,
  • Rouges/Assassins use Sneak/Psionics,
  • Priests/Missionaries use Worship.

Lol I've always seen a Rouge's class differently since I began concepting a battescape in CastleWars for a possible RuneScape3. A rouge is a very... "futuristic" style of fighting, where the player indulges in one of the most elegant forms of fighting possible - yet this elegance sacrifices power. Psionics is the skill of using ones mind to interact with the surrounds, not always directly. A few examples of a rouges power;
  • Remote Viewing - the ability to leave ones physical form (astral form/spirit), good for scouting.
  • FirstStrike - a fast, powerful attack that's hits high on an unknowing foe (the only strength they have.
  • Projection - the ability to cast illusions; duplicate ones self, change the battlefield, etc.
  • Precognition - the ability to predict combat allows a rouge to WarpJump, or increased luck in noncombat scenarios.
  • WarpJump - Similar to the NightCrawler, a rouge is able to use teleportation to avoid damage, a rouge's form of counterstrike.
  • Persuasion - allows the rouge to infiltrate an enemy player, enabling them to fight from within; heavily diminishes morale but rarely grants the rouge full control.

A really fun style of fighting... probably needs illustrating to be seen. Tongue
3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mptylord on Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Did this have any potential?

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
If all good things come to an end then we're living in a world where evil wins. 

If there once was love then maybe something survived. If we find a single diamond in the rough then it's worth it. Through a thousand tears if there's one drop of love then it's worth it. 
3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Yes...I've always wanted such a skill... I've always thought it would be cool if assassin support class type thingy could forcibly teleport someone to a nearby location where teh rogue would have some high level team-mates waiting
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:53 pm

While it would be cool... I think we decided it was impractical and not original enough to work.
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mptylord on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:36 am

I thought the problem was that we'd planned it to be a class rather than a skill.

(just to finish this discussion where it was before)

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

If there once was love then maybe something survived. If we find a single diamond in the rough then it's worth it. Through a thousand tears if there's one drop of love then it's worth it. 
3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:08 am

its cool, but to me, every medieval RPG has like three classes(*cough* I mean caste): warrior, mage, and rouge. However, this is an interesting approach to the class of rouge. Runescape isn't a game that you don't choose your class; Its the players who are used to making themselves a member of their class that they are used to, yet you have the freedom to do whatever the hell you want.

I do agree with you Psycho, that this should be a skill. Tongue
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mptylord on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:12 am

I hate Ranged, I really do. It's so hard to make a decent class out of it. Magic and Melee are so easy. I've tried a sort of WoW-Hunter approach, but it's so obviously WoW-inspired - the ability to track and such (useful in the hypothetical scenario that monsters don't show on the map). But the idea of making the Ranged Class "Rogue" instead suddenly really works! It's just Ranged with another name which means that have extra tricks! Tongue

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 am

Ooh... can we get some Psi-Ops style Remote Vision?
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:15 am

*stares at the new orb of oculus*
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mptylord on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:17 am

Lol, Psi-Ops is a wicked game!

I'm imagining a more our soul steps out and walks around - not being able to freely control the camera. More, scout ahead completely unable to take damage or be seen. You work with the new class system... Rogue and Scout and such. Smile

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum