The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourteen Puzzles

+2
Dark Avorian
Orb Master44
6 posters

Go down

Fourteen Puzzles Empty Fourteen Puzzles

Post by Orb Master44 Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:12 am

Hey guys. I need some help.

So, I have this quest story called Echoes that I've been working on for a long time. I've just finished the first part of three, and am about to get into some serious puzzling. So serious, in fact, that I don't have as many puzzle concepts as I need.

First off, backstory - there's this spirit in the Abyss named Aria, and in the quest you just met her and failed to save her life (oh noes). After the climactic defeat, you find a young girl named Renata who is going to take Aria's place.

But Aria was murdered for her power, contained in 14 Emblems, representing the 14 different flavors of rune. Before she was consumed, as it were, Aria severed the ties to her power and sent the Emblems whirling through the dimensions.

Most of the rest of the quest is finding the Emblems. Ideas? Most of the emblem puzzles I want to be somewhat short and simple, although I already have plans for at least two to be much more involved.

So that's Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Mind, Chaos, Death, Blood, Body, Soul, Nature, Cosmic, Astral, and Law.

Halp? They can be anywhere in Gielinor, or anywhere in another dimension.
Orb Master44
Orb Master44
TST Leader
TST Leader

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Fourteen Puzzles Empty Re: Fourteen Puzzles

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Water...a room of some random size chosen by you...larger would of course be harder. the room is made up of a large grid of planks held up by columns of water. the columns of water are contained in their shape by magical walls that anything but water can pass through (the planks would of course float). You get a certain amount of freezing spells and a certain amount of melting spells. water expands when frozen...so planks supported by one water-pillar and one ice-pillar would slant down from the ice pillar. the players goal is to move some sort of orb by rolling it along the planks.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Interesting... I'll just give it some thought...
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:07 pm

Lol, there could be another Sudoku-type puzzle and another... what's it called, a slidey picture puzzle? Just a plain maze, maybe with some traps and a time limit?

Those would be obvious puzzles Tongue
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 am

Dark's idea is good; columns of water supporting planks, freezing the columns 'cause them to rise (due to expansion) lifting the plank - simply have the challenge of getting something from one place to another. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Orb Master44 Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:40 am

So there's one =D I guess I can't expect ya'll to do all the work for me. I'll post other puzzle ideas here as I get them. Yeesh, 14...what did I get myself into?
Orb Master44
Orb Master44
TST Leader
TST Leader

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:08 am

It's probably already apparant, but it might be fitting to revolve each puzzle around the rune-in-question's theme. (Like Dark's idea for the water puzzle.)
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:11 pm

For Wind it could be a variation on the telegrab mazes only you push the object around the maze with wind spells? Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: