Some counterstrike notes...

Go down

Some counterstrike notes...

Post by 3mptylord on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:00 am

I'm just making a backup of a post I made on a thread. Basically, a player asked for my permission to write Counterstrike but he didn't quite understand my idea and basically wrote his own using my terminology and put my name in post one. *shrugs*

CHANGES TO THE OLD SYSTEM:
At the moment Defence is an evasive skill - basically the damage formula takes your target's attack stat, minuses your defence stat, and then some other stuff... it's complicated but to put it simply your defence is a counter-accuracy skill. *red F stamp*

This system itself wouldn't change but your Agility and weight would replace what your Defence and Defensive stats currently control. Defence and defensive stats, on the other hand, would receive a shiny new system that reduces the damage you receive. In addition to the red damage-splat would be a small shield-splat. The shield-splat will display how much damage you resisted; 9-red and 4-blue means your opponent hit 13 but you resisted 4 of it and took 9 damage.

NEW COUNTERSTRIKE SYSTEM:
Counterstrike means just that - to counter and to strike. Counterstrikes are combat-randoms. With every attack you receive there is, let's say, a 1/10 chance of spinning the counter-dice. This dice has many, many faces. For a new player, most of the faces are blank with only a couple of counters. As you level your agility and defence level it adds more counters to the dice - thus reducing your chances of nothing happening. Think the Ring of Wealth and the rare-drops table.

There are two types of counter - reverse and evade. Evade dodges the damage whilst reverse evades the damage and deals some back. A counter-attack won't roll the counter-dice - so no counter-countering. "Reduce" also appears on the dice -rolling one has the player perform a defensive animation (related to the shield-splat above) and reduces an additional 25%.

Specifically, levelling defence adds more "reduce" faces to the dice, agility adds more "evade", and levelling both slowly adds more "reverse" counters. When you roll a counter the actual animation you perform is on shuffle.

Something for thought; should you need to be in-combat with the target to counter? Think multi-combat, or when you're just running through an area.

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
If all good things come to an end then we're living in a world where evil wins. 

If there once was love then maybe something survived. If we find a single diamond in the rough then it's worth it. Through a thousand tears if there's one drop of love then it's worth it. 
3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7343

View user profile http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Some counterstrike notes...

Post by TATORZ on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Sounds good... just like always. Something Jublex certainly needs to add to make combat more interesting and to give defense, agility, and weight something to do Tongue
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mptylord on Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:08 am

Smile

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

If there once was love then maybe something survived. If we find a single diamond in the rough then it's worth it. Through a thousand tears if there's one drop of love then it's worth it. 
3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:30 am

I could post my Agility in Combat thread here. Although we have our disagreements how Counter should be implemented, we have the same idea...well, it was yours in the first place. Wink Anyway, I'm sure you can build off of what I suggested.
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:02 pm

it sounds intresting with a counterstrike system of some sort... I just wonder how it would work out IRL ^o)
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mptylord on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 am

Pfft, real life. Tongue

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum