The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Transcript

+5
trixtor
ashley
TATORZ
The Empty Lord
Ruy112
9 posters

Go down

Paul Transcript Empty Paul Transcript

Post by Ruy112 Fri May 21, 2010 5:11 am

Q. will there be another elemental workshop quest? cause that body door needs to be revealed
A.Yep the stuff behind the body door will be revealed

Q. Will the Herblore skill be expanded to include more than just potion-making?
A. Herblore is about potionmaking for now. What did people envisage herbs being used for? Don't want to diminish cooking skill

Q. Will there be any more guilds in future? I'm hoping for a firemaking guild
A. There's always the possibility for new guilds, but what would you expect to see in a firemaking guild?

Q.How's myreque going along, and what happened to the Postbag?

A.Myreque got briefly suspended while Tytn got moved to fairy tale part 3 - that's done and dusted now though.

Q.is there any plans to add Dungeoneering tokens to random events rewards in the future? Like charms

A.That'd be more like giving out pouches as random event rewards. I think they'd be better off staying in dungeoneering.

Q. Is the level of difficulty in quests going to start rising? The last 5+ have been simple quests a 5 year old could manage.

A. We try to release a mixture of difficulties. I think the hardest puzzles come in Mod Dylan's quests. He's got 1 coming

P.S. From Moe - Mod Dylan develops the Elemental Workshop series, 3 is due soon!

Q. Hey, a while back MMG said a Dragon C'bow will come out in a Q&A. Will this still go ahead, and if so when?

A. I see no reason not to. Sorry can't say when.

Q. Too bad I can't be on in 45 minutes; just one question: can we expect Mahjarrat 5 this year? ~Lp~

A. That's going to be very tough to achieve right now, though I might get assigned another developer which would help that.

Q. I know that you, Andrew, Ian, and a specific Mod Mark were involved in RS1. There is a rumor that Ian is your brother, is that true?

A. Yep Ian is my brother. (Not to be confused with Mod Ian) He was less impressed with past rumours he wasn't my brother!

Q. For the Q&A: Are there any plans to release a herblore training method, at a similar degree as Concentrated gold did for mining?

A. Not really, herblore is more of a processing skill like smithing than a gathering skill like mining anyway.

Q. Do you feel that dungeoneering has been a big success?
A. Well dungeoneering certainly got lots of people who had been playing less****-engaged with the game. So I would say yes.

Q. Is there ever going to be a diary for the desert regions?
A. Yeah, one day I'm sure. It's got some nice challenging areas which lend themselves well to diaries.

Q. Whatever happened to MechScape/StellarDawn?
A. Stellar Dawn is still being developed - more news on that when we have some for you.

Q. hey Paul, welcome to twitter! Will we be seeing more dev blogs about future content? Most are about released features or clans...
A. I'd like to devblog on Mahjarrat 5 - but don't want to fall into fairy tale 3's situation of doing one somewhat to early

Q. How do you feel about new updates undermining previous achievements? A necessary consequence to an evolving game
A. Updates need to be useful but not undermine old stuff to much. That's a really hard balance to achieve. We try our best.

Q.Do you plan to release other RuneScape related content on twitter? What are your plans for it?
A. We plan on doing RuneScape Twitter Q&As a couple of times a year on Twitter, along with the Hints. Maybe some pics as well.

Q.Are there any plans to introduce less 'click-focused' tasks in the game and create more of a skill-based environment?
A. Our newer skills like dungeoneering and farming are more skill-based, some people seem to like the old clickfest content.

Q. Paul, when you're playing the game, what's firstly, your favorite thing to do, and secondly, your favorite storyline?
A. I like to do a mix of things when playing. I'm a skiller + quester mostly. Right now doing lots of dungeoneering.

Q. Can we maybe get a Smithing overhaul/rework maybe possibly sometime within the next 600ish years perhaps if possible?
A. Smithing does seem to be a skill which has dated a bit yep. 600 years seems a nice easy deadline thanks

So... What have we learned from this?
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Paul Transcript Empty Re: Paul Transcript

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 21, 2010 6:04 am

That Jagex is a Lord, not a Reaver. They are too willing to admit that old content is redundant and that sometimes completely redoing it is the only option. We don't mind undermining old content if we don't really care about it.

Well, that's what I gathered from one point Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Fri May 21, 2010 7:03 am

I learned something from that. Jagex doesn't care about herblore, a boring, hard, expensive, and almost useless skill.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 21, 2010 7:08 am

Part of the problem is that they think no two skills should share a common theme. Ideally there should be a minimum of two skills that perform the same tast - so that players can choose between two different means. If one turns out to be severely less popular than you really need to assess that skill.

For example - Summoning and Demonology. Two different skills that do share a common theme - but having multiple skills allows for choice. If Demonology proved more popular - then the problem is Summoning.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sat May 22, 2010 10:32 am

Dungeoneering shares a common theme with every skill...
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ashley Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 pm

i learned nothing , i cant find back the feeling when i played the runescape first time . but i want to know more about the Stellar Dawn . Paul Transcript Icon_rolleyes
ashley
ashley
Squire

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun May 23, 2010 12:15 pm

Ashley, I didn't want to mention it before, but, umm..., is your spelling (in real life) as bad as it appears, or am I mistaken?
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by ashley Sun May 23, 2010 1:52 pm

trixtor wrote:Ashley, I didn't want to mention it before, but, umm..., is your spelling (in real life) as bad as it appears, or am I mistaken?
nvm , almost yes , Paul Transcript Icon_sad but i can spell better now, my english really bad , Paul Transcript Icon_cry sorry , i practice everyday Paul Transcript Icon_exclaim
ashley
ashley
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun May 23, 2010 8:27 pm

English is a darn hard language to learn, I've always envied people who has it as their first language Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sun May 23, 2010 10:04 pm

You can speak it better than many people I know who did have it as their first language, Ruy. Tongue
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 am

Blaze FF8 wrote:You can speak it better than many people I know who did have it as their first language, Ruy. Tongue
Agreed. Ruy, I've told you this before, but you're an amazing English linguist. So good you can understand and make up your own portmanteaus. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon May 24, 2010 12:57 am

ashley wrote:
trixtor wrote:Ashley, I didn't want to mention it before, but, umm..., is your spelling (in real life) as bad as it appears, or am I mistaken?
nvm , almost yes , Paul Transcript Icon_sad but i can spell better now, my english really bad , Paul Transcript Icon_cry sorry , i practice everyday Paul Transcript Icon_exclaim

Your spelling is fine. You just use too many commas. Keep at it though!... learning that is. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon May 24, 2010 2:00 am

ashley wrote:

I wasn't trying to be insulting. I was just wondering whether you spelled like you do on purpose. Anyway, good luck learning english. In fact, once you learn it, it is extremely easy. Just look at Ruy! Also, I'm not trying to by a "grammar nazi".
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by invinible Tue May 25, 2010 12:01 am

Actually, English is easy to learn but hard to master because of its roots in so many different languages.
invinible
invinible
Proselyte

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue May 25, 2010 3:47 am

Germanic with lots of input from Latin, mainly. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue May 25, 2010 12:29 pm

Ur face is hard to learn from it's roots Tongue

English is hard because of idioms Tongue
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ashley Tue May 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Your spelling is fine. You just use too many commas. Keep at it though!... learning that is. Wink[/quote]
thanks , i hate grammar and long word . haha~~i only know chinese , english , and a little japanese , because i love animes very much Paul Transcript Icon_smile
ashley
ashley
Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Blaze FF8 wrote:You can speak it better than many people I know who did have it as their first language, Ruy. Paul Transcript 612280

I lol'd ^^

PS: I thought ruy was native-english speaking...
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 pm

Nope Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:34 pm

As it appears ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:56 pm

also ashley, commas dont have spaces before them, nor do periods. I would advise that you stop overusing commas. Just wait until you have fleshed out your mastery of the spoken language and capitalization before you do.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum