The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's rebirth the Suggestion Forum!

+5
invinible
trixtor
Jeeves
2---2-5
The Empty Lord
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Let's rebirth the Suggestion Forum! - Page 3 Empty Let's rebirth the Suggestion Forum!

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

To continue from one of Dark Avorian's threads (which I couldn't find) we should rebirth the Suggestions Forum! How hard could it be? We have near to a dozen semi-active members - that's easily enough to repopulate a forum. Wink

Everyone post a stub/snippet of a manageable and realistic suggestions. Then we need merely muster some complete suggestions and post 'em on the RCF! Maybe even have a tag that we use so they're all recognisably ours; [tst]? Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Let's rebirth the Suggestion Forum! - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's rebirth the Suggestion Forum!

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:27 pm

Why's it 120 anyway? Why not 126 which is the highest level an single skill could achieve given them maximum experience? (thus a reward for all those 200mil exp'ers).

But no, I don't know. It promote not having a life far too much. Wink

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Let's rebirth the Suggestion Forum! - Page 3 Empty Re: Let's rebirth the Suggestion Forum!

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:42 pm

You guys realize there is another reason they aren't overhauling it...let's just that real life style combat isn't fun...If they added 90+ gear that wasn't 90+ for it's special effects then it's stats would basically mean fights would strings of zeroes followed by a KO strike.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:36 am

Well, if the speed of the skills is increased after 99, then 120 wouldn't promote no-lifing too much Smile
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:00 am

BUMP! Action guys, we are good at talking Tongue
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:42 am

Oh yeh, smithing. Smile

We need new names! Grin

Tin - Bronze - Iron - Steel - Mithril - Adamant - Rune - NEW8 - NEW9 - NEW10

You know... we should really re-level the Defence requirements of Bronze-Mithril... 'cause, there's a huge gap and two at level 1. I added tin just 'cause I felt like it. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:57 am

OH MY GOD!!!

This is not the way to reinvigorate the suggestions forum! We shouldn't be wasting this thread pondering potential solutions to one specific problem and developing a single thread. NO! NO! NO! If we want to have this discussion as part of our reinvigoration efforts that's well and good. But for god's sake, SPLIT IT FROM OUR MAIN PLANNING THREAD!!! There is a good chance that we won't ever finish this discussion, and even if we do what will we have achieved? A single thread? WE already have a number of good ideas floating around waiting to be fleshed out! Let's finish those, then try and make mega threads.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:02 am

We never finish anything Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:07 am

[SEP] or [ST]?

I'll try my best at one of my dusty ideas.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:59 pm

I like [ST] better, it shows that: a) you're a member of this forum or you have been certified as a TST member; b) It uses one less character and c) This website is suggestion team, not suggestion enrichment program (which can be confused with TATORZ's Skill enrichment program).
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by 2---2-5 Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:29 am

3mptylord wrote:You know... we should really re-level the Defence requirements of Bronze-Mithril... 'cause, there's a huge gap and two at level 1. I added tin just 'cause I felt like it. Wink

type
level
bronze
iron
steel
mith
addy
rune
there you go, problem solved Let's rebirth the Suggestion Forum! - Page 3 612280

Although, doesn't black armor fall somewhere below mith?

anyway, wouldn't it be better to have more then one thread, we want to 'revive' it...will one thread do that?

you all seem to have enough ideas that would merit standalone threads.....is that grave robbing idea posted?
2---2-5
2---2-5
Squire

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:36 am

Black/white is at 10.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:38 am

I used to count Black... but it's really obscure and pointless now, and White is just a quest reward. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:12 am

Instead of Black/White, they could have Titanium. It's Better than plain steel, but worse than Magical Silver (Mithril. Obviously stolen from LOTR).
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:43 am

We don't really need a new middle metal. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:43 am

I thougut this thread was about improving the suggestions thread, not suggestions about smithing and mining. Tongue

Also, what I introduced in Axar I was galvanizing metal to make it stronger- only achievable via smithing and untradeable. Now a skill that also needs a little revamping is the crafting skill.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:01 am

*cough* all production skills *cough* and every*cough* gathering skill linked to them *cough*
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:02 pm

*pats dark on the back to stop his coughing fit*

This idea is to make an idea to help bring life to the suggestions forum. Smithing is something everyone pretty much agrees needs some help.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by 2---2-5 Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:07 pm

I am personally against 'untradeable' finished products, more so for skills like smithing. I despise the fact that extreme potions are. It makes non-combat skills influence combat more then they should.
2---2-5
2---2-5
Squire

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 pm

Oh horror, skills contributing to other aspects of our character's abilities, how aweful...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:40 am

Hmmm... I personally like the idea of untradeable rewards, but I don't like the actual way the idea has been implemented.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:51 am

lol, how can they be implemented differently?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 am

Maybe items that lose some of their value/abilities when traded?

Also, this discussion should really take place, on the RSOF!
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:12 am

then transfer it, if you feel so inclined to! Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:41 am

*points to our glorious but psychotic leader*
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Extreme potions make Herblore a combat skill that doesn't affect the combat level... It'd be like Prayer or Summoning not affecting it. However, I think the only reason there haven't been any problems is because they failed at being high levelled herblore content. The point of resource gathering/production skills is making profit selling the items. Since they couldn't be sold there was no rush to level up, thus they aren't being used enough for them to matter.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:15 pm

I think items should lose something when traded, thus they are still worth money but worth more if you make them yourself (like Ruy said above). Nothing should be entirely worthless. I don't know... like a Pokemon's abilities if they were lost in the trade, or, augments in Fable.

Swords = Speed boost until sold. Something like that anyway. Or just have augments, like Dark's idea. Weapons, armour, potions, etc, all have augments on them that are lost when you trade, but you can always make/buy augments and put them back on. There'd have to be some sort of mini-skill or untradeable add-on to Crafting to make augments... the reason this being untradeable would work is that it has vast benefits. Just like you can't trade Dungeoneering exp (not that you can use anything from Dungeoneering yet though). I think I'd prefer a miniskill 'cause Crafting is quite a fast skill to level and, being such an old skill, it's average is probably too high for there to be any distiniction. "Ooh, augments! Oh, everyone already has the level to make them... great, it's hardly an advantage to me if he's got one too."
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next