The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

+8
trixtor
Ruy112
Jeeves
Sir Kandarin
Dark Avorian
MorbiusMonster
Dragon78114
The Empty Lord
12 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 6 Empty RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:26 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought I'd revive the expansion of RuneScape project.

<~>

Alternate World Map;
Spoiler:
<~>

I'm going to use DeviantArt to submit the artwork. Mainly because it allows for a higher resolution, and secondly because it takes me less time to upload... on here I have to upload, then delete the old one (each requiring lots of clicks and checks). Tongue

For the current version (just uploaded); CLICK HERE!

<~>

There are currently two "finished" pieces of artwork;
Misthalin
World

There was some discussion on the old thread about the point of this, and there's a few new faces now, but this doesn't need a point. It can either be a suggestion, or just a fun little project we're doing to amuse ourselves. I have and can continue to send them into Jagex, should anyone think we've made sufficient progress to warrant it.

I'm currently drawing Asgarnia... or, at the moment I'm just leading Misthalin into Asgarnia. There are three routes - through Dredmaw and into the Farradorn Woods, through the grounds at Draynor Manor and into Farradorn Woods, or along along a little trail in the the cliff face from Draynor into a yet undecided location - possibly the end of Farradorn Woods, of they could have already ended. I'll upload a snippet in a bit. Smile

Please note that I've remove the building-blobs on my current version... I have them saved on another and it's a simple copy-and-paste, but for the time being I don't want them. The locations are still labelled. Whether the ground has varying colours will depend on whether I remember to unhide them or not... it may just be a solid-green. Wink

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 am; edited 6 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 6 Empty Re: RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:40 pm

Two important tips about looking for life on strange worlds.

1. If there's a Starbucks or Greggs, then there's advanced life.
2. If they sell tea, then they are intelligent.

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 6 Empty Re: RuneScape Gets Massive (continued)

Post by Zectiox Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:49 am

When I first looked at your "preview" alt. map I was really amazed about it.

To telling you the truth. I've been working on a own project the last 6 months. But when you're working on your own, it may slip out of control and end up being to impossible for people to understand it. And when looking at your map it makes me wonder if I ever have a chance to be able to finish mine. No offence at all, it's just that, I've been searching for guys like you, who hopefully more or less loves to do this kind of work.

I have a lot of ideas. (I can give you the link to my suggestion site if you want to look at it, oh yes I did one to it.. -.-' ). The only thing is, my "world" is not on this planet (Gielinor), more or less in another dimension or even on another plane of existence. Where the gods (Zamorak, Saradomin and Guthix. and incl. all elder gods and other gods) have conquered the "known" world and reqruited humans from Gielinor to follow them and live as their citizens, fighting for them and last being one of them.

Well.. I would love to: share ideas, thoughts, things, to develop your project further. If it is possible ofc.

okey, this may be a odd reply, but anyway. Ty Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:16 am

I think I'm going to like you. Smile

Feel free to link your site, and feel free to start divulging!

I'm not so keen on the idea of another plane... sounds like it's abandoning RuneScape too much, as RuneScape needs some attention to. But I'm very curious!

If you look at my DeviantPage, you will see that my world has expanded muchly. I've begun mapping Baronlands, which makes up half of the total planet... Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:53 am

yeah saw the map, I just wondered if it was possible to fit into that map or something.. I could make changes though, and I will need to do that also.. Its just a secret place, where you cant get into if you're not have acess to it Tongue

here is a link (it is open until it expires out of visitors..)
http://www.ascendintogielinor.tk/

its not that daily updated (making a new website, trying to.. Dreamweaver CS5 you know..)

otherwise visit this link: http://www.wix.com/arsenallaos/ascension
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:44 am

I'm impressed, it's a pretty good website.

On the topic of the idea, I'm not entirely convinced Guthix fits. Aside from earlier content, Guthix doesn't usually got included in things that other gods are affiliated with - purely because of how different he is. Smile

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:15 pm

I just wanted to have a "nation", which Was neutral. Having no war to Care about... But it would make the whole thing easier if it only would be between saradomin and zamorak. Having them harvesting humans from around runescape to a hidden Island or something. It would save Me lot of time.... Hmm.. Maybe?
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:09 am

The idea of the neutral zone is good, but a Guthixian Zone... maybe not.

How about... damn, I forgot. Hmmmm. Ah yes, you don't explicitly mention Zamorak or Saradomin? You have the room where you select an alignment - whichever god you worship.

Half of the room is decorated with bookshelves, the other burning trees. On one side a set of scales, perhaps with something on them for trivial references (like a pen and a sword, with the pen being heavier), but not necessary. And on the other, a pile of money. In the centre would be a tree, and two statues (one from each half of the room), one carrying a hatchet, the other a sword. *shrugs* It would mean any god could be included.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:44 am

I was wondering. I came up with this last night before I went to sleep.

We make a new location somewhere south of Runescape. Its a living minigame. A conquest. It would always be running and not having a reallly end of it. (it can be changed). You can choose to be on one of two sides. The two "states" have been in war for the last few thousand years and now you may help them.

To make it a bit different from Soul wars and Castle wars, the playground would be huge. In one end we have one team and on the other side the other team. Each have a bank, forges, carpenter (anything located in a city). The basic idea is to defend the own "city" and destroy the other one.

I just love 3mptylords "skill tree" and here it could be included. You could choose a faction and then choose to either build up a economy or a force to defend the city (taking bot combat and non-combat players into the same game).

To build up a economy you'll need resourches.
Wood (to build up defences, houses, repairing, engineering siege weapons),
Minerals (to make tools, weapons, armors),
Food (farms, fish, etc).
Stones, (to repair the wall, ammo to siege weapons)

Player need to gather these resourches to build up the factions economy. (to make it more special, I could take the Lanthan ores and bars to this, to make it unique, and so you couldn't cheat on having thousands of resourches ready in the bank...)

Rank system.

On the battlefield you'll need a leader. A commander. "High experianced player" to lead the rest of the troops. This could be a player who really have the experience to lead a nation to victory.

everyone who joins the army starts as a Footsoldier. Then they can upgrade (with 3mptylords skill tree) to become knights and templars.

"Lvl 1" Footsoldiers. - Sword & Shields. Med. Helmets and Chainmails.
"Lvl ##" Knights - Sword & Shields. Full helmet and chainmails
"Lvl ###" Templars (temple knights) - swords (& shiels) Full helmet and platebody/legs

Hunters - (Archers, Rogues, more on 3mptylord's skill tree)

Sorcerers - Magicians
Priests - Healers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Citizens

Town Guard - Spear, med. helmet. chainmail.
Farmer
Armorer
Woodcutter
Stonecutter
Fisherman
Miner
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 1st goal again is to defend the city at all cost. Citizens are gathering resourches witch will repair the wall or the city from the other nations attacks.

The 2nd goal is to destroy the main gate of the other factions main wall. Destroy the main houses, the forge, the mill etc. (to prevent the other team to build up and repair the loss). Also destroy something to win. something most worthy for the other faction.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Near the gate, on each side (inside the wall). There could be a prayer altar. (if anyone looked at my link from my project, I would want to take the worship thing out of there and place it here). You could also pray to the "local" god to gain acess to boosts etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rewards:

Nothing yet but, experiance?

This is only a suggestion. And dont ask me why I dont put it on a new thread. Thats cuz I didnt thought of making it this big at the beginning of repling Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:41 am

Add zaros ARGH!
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:43 am

... and Zaros.. I think... I guess.. hmm.. maybe? ;D Cheeky
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:10 am

Dusk, please shut up about Zaros, or I might slap you with a whole smoked salmon, dip you in custard, and fire you through the glass roof of a medium-sized greenhouse owned by an elderly lady from Ireland.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:13 am

So you do want me to stop talking about zaros?, ok but you have awoken something you cannot understand Twisted Evil HAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:58 am

The undead are easy enough to kill. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:02 am

"I see dead people"
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:03 am

I make dead people.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:30 am

Dusk eat dead people.. oO
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:36 am

Exactly, why do you think I play forsaken in wow and arisen in allods online, and why I do prefer Urgot in league of legends So Much Win , undeads rule.

P.S: Blame ruy for this he forced me to come back to undeads, and if I start mixing udneads and zaros you are doomed
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Amumu is an undead... Tongue

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:53 pm

still.. I love cookies. especially Dominos... If you know what I mean? ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:49 am

Domino's cookies?! Shock
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:26 am

RuneScape Gets Massive (continued) - Page 6 Domino10

these are "domino cookies" Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:20 am

Urgot too is an undead Tongue
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 am

im not... ^^ I dont want to and Im not in the mood for being a undead...
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:13 am

Oh my god. All of you need a good slapping, including our good for nothing slacker of an Admin. Shut up about cookies and zombies and zombie cookie based conquest minigames. Go sit in a corner, and yes I mean different corners you dumbasses!

Dusk, please sit town and nibble on a bone. Just because you're quirkily obsessed with the necromantically inclined who have passed beyond and returned with a vengeance does not mean you should go polluting and spamming other threads. Make your own thread for the fetishization of Zaros if you please and maybe make actual suggestions as to how to add the Zarosians that are based in fact.

Zechtiox, you are the lone person here who is actually acting awesomely suggester-like, however I'd advise you take your awesome minigame and shove it up--another forum! (by that I mean repost it on it's own)

3mptylord, I'm ashamed of you, don't encourage the ravenous beasts of chaos and mayhem.

Ruy, shut up and smack yourself with a salmon.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:22 am

To be fair, it's only two pages. Tongue

I was going to wrap it up soon anyway. A simple "Anyway... *insert question*" usually works. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:44 am

ive done a own thread for my minigame... so.. we are discussing it right now..
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next