The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Zavionce too good for Runescape?

+5
Ruy112
Blaze FF8
trixtor
The Empty Lord
blank
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Zavionce too good for Runescape? - Page 2 Empty Is Zavionce too good for Runescape?

Post by blank Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 am

First topic message reminder :

Exactly what it says on the tin! Zavionce is a quest series of such mastery, it should be a game of it's own, or a book. I sure as hell know that if Zavionce was released as a book, I would buy my very own copy of it!(Or all 6 of them for that matter). I don't think it should be made into a movie, because it would simply be ruined by modern-day Hollywood(Eragon, anyone?)

And you may be wondering: How would this idea sprout from one's mind?
Well, it's kinda silly. I was looking at the Zavionce Map, and saw that there were very little houses. Which is, of course, not how I'd pictured the majestic city in my imagination. It started with houses, and then started with a looot of other things ^^

If a few changes were made, no-one would even notice it wasn't supposed to be a book of it's own, since it pretty much already is!

I sure as hell would be proud to own my own copy. Well, that and the fact that I know the author, of course.

Peace out!
-Jer(I'm looking at you 3mpty)
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Is Zavionce too good for Runescape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Zavionce too good for Runescape?

Post by Blaze FF8 Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:45 am

Hurrah! Is Zavionce too good for Runescape? - Page 2 201406

Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Is Zavionce too good for Runescape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Zavionce too good for Runescape?

Post by trixtor Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:06 am

Seconded! Pleased
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Seconded also! Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:00 pm

I'd acquire one too Grin

(Are there no super-safe selv-destroying documents you can send over the internets?)
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Probably. Doesn't Apple simplify the process of publishing anything? I'm fairly sure you can upload songs and games with very little effort, and they've just improved their bookstore...
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 pm

The only software I have from Apple is iTunes. Sigh
There's still quite a few things I've to look into about copyrite and publishing, which I'll be working on once the books finished and ready for it.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:16 am

Blaze FF8 wrote:Ohhh lordy, what have I started? . . .

About the book, I should mention that I don't think I'll be posting or sending it over the net in any form. I know what you're thinking, but I'm quite the paranoid prat.
I can always talk about it, or answer anything about it, but I don't want to post parts.

Not that you'd likely be missing much anyway, I hope no one's expecting another Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter or Wheel of Time. If I was ever to create anything that high'n'mighty, I doubt it'd be first time round. Tongue

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! What are you doing to us?? Sad
-puppyeyes- pwease?
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:18 am

And I -counts- fifth that!
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:56 am

That's what I meant. Apple's iStore... Which you can only really access via iTunes. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 am

Sorry Jerre, it's just that sending stuff over the internet which isn't all that protected isn't always safe. Not that I'm accusing anyone here of doing anything, it's just that once something's on the net, anything can happen to it. Neutral

~~~

Oh, over the iStore. I thought you were talking about a whole different product/software of Apple's altogether, 3mpty. Tongue
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:32 am

Well, send it through MSN(or use e-buddy, or w/e kind of mailing thing)

I'll probably never get to see it in here anyway, and even though I'm a big fan/friend of yours, I'm not going to fly to a different timezone to buy a book.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:41 am

Oh I know, dont worry, I wouldn't expect you to do that. Tongue But I'd like to think it'd be published and available in more regions than one, including yours.
But if I were to send it to you over the net, MSN, or the like, then I'd have to be sure that I'd know how to do it safely, securely and in a way which ensures that once you've got it, nothing else can happen to it.

I'll probably learn about that as I research copyrite and publishing some more.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:02 am

Just send it to me in an email, I'll copy it, throw out the email, lock the copy in a safe hidden 20 miles under the ocean, place a singing Ruy in front of it(if that doesn't scare them off, the script is lost) and as a final defense, I will put a cookie jar next to it. They will be more tempted to take the cookies, after all.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:03 am

... that still doesn't avoid the email stage. Tongue

The best thing would be for Blaze to send it in a suitcase locked with a padlock and only one key, which he keeps. You then attach your own padlock and send it back. He takes off his, then sends it one more time to you. You take yours off and voilà. Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:13 am

*somone with bolt cutters or anyhting that can cut through a suitcase*
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:15 am

Oh god, it doesn't stand a chance! I'm. . starting to wonder if writing this was a good idea at all. . . Confuse
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:42 am

Blaze has book
How to pass on book?
Without Snatchers
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:32 am

Blaze needs a method?
Perhaps he each sentence should hide
Within a haiku
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:15 am

3mptylord wrote:... that still doesn't avoid the email stage. Tongue

The best thing would be for Blaze to send it in a suitcase locked with a padlock and only one key, which he keeps. You then attach your own padlock and send it back. He takes off his, then sends it one more time to you. You take yours off and voilà. Grin

I think you're getting a bit carried away here :p
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:16 am

And Dark, that's not the layout for a Haiku ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:34 pm

From what I can see, Zavionce deserves means that of publication that will give it the respect it deserves. It's like with Okami, a brilliant game with a gripping story and the best gameplay strategy ever (better than God of War by miles), but sadly the game had very poor sales (which is a shame because it scored incredibly high), and there are many reasons or suggestions as to why.

Keeping Zavionce bound to RuneScape will, without a shadow of a doubt, majorly affect its performance, much like with Arzonus at the moment. The exciting tales and wide range of story flexibility accounts for nought the moment people see it tied with RuneScape (an MMORPG that gathers regularly bad reviews and poor sales in comparison to other titles (or so the world tells us)) and Jagex (a mediocre British gaming company competing in a predominantly American and Japanese gaming world).

But you'd have trouble taking off with a new piece of work. In the current heat (or not quite heat when you refer to Edward) of the fantasy world at the moment, Zavionce wouldn't score highly because of the disgrace to paranormality and the over-the-top bitchiness of Twilight (seriously what is up with that? All it is about an selfish monogamous girl for whom its either sleeping with something from the wussier version of the paranormal zoo (I don't care what people think; Jacob is clearly gay and Edward is a pussy) or nothing. Thanks to Twilight, if you can't stick a "Hot" actor behind a character or icon and tear people apart over the ending even if they already know what is going to happen, then it isn't worth Jack Sh*t in the current fantasy world.

That argument aside, Zavionce MUST for its survival work to achieve a level beyond RuneScape, just like I plan to do so with Arzonus. I am still working on the final Grand Master "The Nightmare Begins" which I hope will set new limits and standards for which quests are written, and you must do so as well, to truly make a definitive piece of Zavionce and for people to recognise it.

I still don't understand why people compare our work to Twilight. Twilight brings SHAME upon all modern literature and films based on literature. Our work is far superior, and we should work to really illustrate that fact.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Very long post
So early a morning now
Summary please?
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Zavionce should be seperate from RuneScape, as being linked with RuneScape will hold it back, but it might struggle as a stand alone story.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Interesting much
Stand-alone story is cool
Crisp rice paper
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 pm

You're not alone there, Morbius. Regardless of its popularity, I've never seen a series as incredibly butchered by critisicm than Twlight. Grin It's always been a constant warning to me: "Whatever you do, for the love of god, don't try to turn something popular into it's complete opposite!"
. . . Not that I'd have considered that a good idea anyway.

If Zavionce were to become a stand-alone story, I admit I'd love to see how it'd fare with a wider audience. But the story I'm almost finished with, 'Verdentia', is - at least in my opinion - far better than it. A much better format than the "scripted" one I used for Zavionce, a far wider, deeper area and lore, a greater connection to the characters, etc.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:55 pm

I have a feeling that Morbius doesn't really like Twilight ^^(And who's to blame him? Those aren't vampires, they're fricking discoballs)
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next