The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which would be better for a book title?

+4
Jeeves
The Empty Lord
Blaze FF8
blank
8 posters

Go down

Which title would you like best for a book?

Which would be better for a book title? I_vote_lcap0%Which would be better for a book title? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Which would be better for a book title? I_vote_lcap50%Which would be better for a book title? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Which would be better for a book title? I_vote_lcap0%Which would be better for a book title? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Which would be better for a book title? I_vote_lcap50%Which would be better for a book title? I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Which would be better for a book title? Empty Which would be better for a book title?

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 am

I just got an idea for a short book(about 100-150 pages)

The basic plot revolves around a 15 year old deaf and mute girl, Hannah. She lost both her parents when she was 7. She now lives with her uncle and aunt, who're very kind to her, and have a 14 year old son. One day, when she's strolling in the woods with her best(and only) friend, 15 year old David, they witness a murder. Shortly after, David is found by the murderers, and ends up in a coma. With David out of their way, the murderers now go after Hannah. Scared and confused, Hannah hides in the one place only David and she know of: A cave which is hidden well in their local park. Since Hannah is deaf, she cannot hear anyone coming, so she sets up an alarm.

She remains there for a few weeks, stealing food and water from nearby homes, but she is eventually discovered by a small girl, who goes to get her parents. They bring her to the local police station, whom return her to her uncle and aunt. The murderers find her there, and shoot the aunt. The uncle is on a business trip at the moment, and Hannah manages to escape along with the uncle's and aunt's 14 year old son.

___

And for now, that's all the plot I could come up with. Please vote on the title that you would think to be more appropriate, and leave comments on what you think should/could happen.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Which would be better for a book title? Empty Re: Which would be better for a book title?

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:47 am

That'd make three of us working on actual books: you, Morbius and I. Tongue

Sounds like an interesting premise which could be pretty suspenseful, but It's hard to think up a fitting title just like that. Especially if we only know the basic outline.
To tell you the truth, it's always a better idea for the author to come up with the name themselves. They understand the story better than anyone else, after all. Wink
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Which would be better for a book title? Empty Re: Which would be better for a book title?

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:50 am

*shrugs* Tongue

Technically I'm also writing a story... but I'll give up before I've done more than a couple pages, so it's hardly worth mentioning. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:50 am

Yeah, in my experience, titles really only come once you know what's going to happen in the book. As far as my titles have gone, the meaning of them doesn't even become clear until far later in the book, so a rough synopsis of the plot wouldn't really help. And besides, the author usually gets the privilege of titling his book! Which would be better for a book title? Icon_biggrin
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:00 am

Thanks for the comments so far ^^

Blaze:

You're probably right there, but I'm doubting as to which one I should take. Also, is Morbius writing a book?

3mpty:

Well, here's what usually happens to me:

I start on a book series(my most prominent being The Butterfly, I had 236 pages when my computer crashed and it was all lost. That was kind of upsetting.), and I quit after I write 10 pages.

OR

I start on a book series, and actually finish it, but it has so few pages in it, even a 5 year old could read it in a few hours. Usually about 30 pages to do the entire book.

Jeeves:

Well, there are 2 titles that reflect the books' contents more than the others: Deaf ears and Silent Secrets. And since when do I do what people usually do? ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:05 am

My usual problem is I can write a good beginning with good characters, but I don't have anywhere to take it because I haven't actually planned an ending/story. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 am

Yup, Morbius is writing something based around Arzonus. You know, an novel based on RS, much like Betrayal at Falador.
I think that's it, at least.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:00 am

I feel like writing too >.<

Except I never get anything written Tongue

Stray idea (Great idea really awesome) > (50% dies here) Semi-thought through idea (It's okay I suppose) > (99% dies here) Writing something (Meeh it sucks *scraps*)
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:14 am

3mptylord wrote:My usual problem is I can write a good beginning with good characters, but I don't have anywhere to take it because I haven't actually planned an ending/story. Tongue

That's what always happens to me! I never really build up a plot, for nothing. This book is the first thing for which I'm making an actual plot before I write it all ^^
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:58 am

hm, I personally think you should start writing the rough draft for it, and see where your mind takes you with it! Smile

I usually do that when I am writing long pieces.

As of now, I am writing a rather long play COMPLETELY in rhyme and prose- 'tis fun, but I haven't worked on it so much since studying at Princeton University for the summer has really cut time to work on it. -.- As of now I think I started the 2nd act on like the 27th page! XD (On paper, at least.)

I have a general Idea of the plot, but I haven't painstakingly thought it out because I really like my mind twisting the story, since the play is about anxiety of helping another whom you love dearly. Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:53 am

So, anyone else? Grin
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:02 am

My interpretations

AQE: Too docile, too happy-dappy-doo
AQT: Good, but doesn't quite fit with what you've said
ASSuf(hehe maybe you like that that happens >_>): Seems better, probably the best
DE: General, it fits and could work, is probably the only competitor with ASSuf.
ASSec: Doesn't fit
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:37 am

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men readied for a fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew their swords and shot each other.
Two deaf lawman heard the noise,
Went out and arrested the two dead boys,
If you don't believe this lie is true,
Go ask the blind man, he saw it two.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:57 am

Lol :p
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackpsych Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:58 pm

so I'm not the only one working on a book, a good title might be

The Silent Witness

Blackpsych
Blackpsych
Proselyte

Number of posts : 144

http://vgforums.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:21 pm

That might actually work Grin
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackpsych Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:42 pm

Yes I am a genius *runs into a wall painted to look like a tunnel.* "what it looked real"
Blackpsych
Blackpsych
Proselyte

Number of posts : 144

http://vgforums.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down