The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where'd You All Go?

3 posters

Go down

Where'd You All Go? Empty Where'd You All Go?

Post by Jeeves Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 pm

I was looking at our list of users not too long ago and noticed a pretty disconcerting fact. Out of the 52 registered users for this site, only 14 of us have been active since July. Everyone else has been gone for a month or more. I know we've already discussed this in some thread before, but does anybody have any ideas as to how we could not only attract new members but keep them engaged? I'll be the first to admit that we're a quirky bunch and that might not be everyone's cup of tea, but there's got to be something that we're missing or not doing right.

My thoughts? We definitely need to get something practical on the forums. I know we're a suggestion team and so most of our stuff is hypothetical and theoretical, but a lot of people who come here are probably also looking for stuff to help them in their time on Runescape. Guides for how to write new suggestions would probably be a good addition. Guides in general (which I know is something we talked about) also couldn't hurt. More group stuff like those collective quests we used to do could also be good for getting new members involved in the forum.

Probably the biggest thing I think we need to do is get people into the chatbox. All the time, I see the same few faces in there and, while always fun, we need more variety! If more people talked to each other in the chatbox instead of just exchanging a few words on the occasional thread, I think we'd feel more like a community.

Okay, yeah, that was out of nowhere, but that's just what I'm thinking about after taking a look at how nearly 75% of our registered users aren't really active.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Where'd You All Go? Empty Re: Where'd You All Go?

Post by trixtor Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:26 pm

As long as there is a way to privatize some threads so that not everyone can look at everything, I agree with everything here. On the subject of guides, maybe we could have strategic guides rather than normal kinds. Like, for example, instead of a guide to how castle wars works, we could make a guide on where to stand when defending, the best equipment to use for each role (flag defender, flag capturer, Cabsexual capturer defender, distraction, catapult user,barricade destroyer etc.)
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:31 pm

That's exactly what I'm talking about! Very Happy We can still suggest things, but instead of suggesting new things to implement in-game, we can suggest new ways to play the game.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, you won't have me stopping you. Wink

I'm terrible at writing guides, but I'll do my best with the uploading some of our stuff.

However, it probably won't be until Saturday af'noon. In about an hour my driving instructor get's here to take me on my last lesson before my 1:15 driving exam. Then, if I pass, I'm going to Exeter to see a film that's not in the cinema anywhere closer.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:46 pm

I suppose I could buy us suggestionteam.org or something... you know, a domain without the .forumotion. Some of our newer members might forget that bit... although, we're easy enough to find on Google, Ask and Bing.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:01 am

3mptylord wrote:Then, if I pass, I'm going to Exeter to see a film that's not in the cinema anywhere closer.

Inception, right? Also, I'm not very good at writing guides either, but I can give constructive criticism/ suggestions.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum