Re: The True Nightmare

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Re: The True Nightmare

Post by 3mptylord on Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Morbius wrote:No enemy you could possibly concieve is more powerful than the True Nightmare. Unless you present real coherent threat, it's peanuts compared to the Nightmare.

Sounds like a challenge to me!

(Jer wants his thread to remain on topic.)

ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
If all good things come to an end then we're living in a world where evil wins. 

If there once was love then maybe something survived. If we find a single diamond in the rough then it's worth it. Through a thousand tears if there's one drop of love then it's worth it. 
3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7343

View user profile http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: The True Nightmare

Post by Slayer Noir on Thu May 31, 2012 9:48 pm

Why not just leave the nightmare level-less and let the player's imagination decide his true power?

Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:00 am

Which is kind of what I am doing if you defeat Nex and/or the QBD.
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2637

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Courtesy of the Black Arms

Post by MorbiusMonster on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:18 pm

During "Courtesy of the Black Arms", the player finds Nomad wasn't defeated during the events of Nomad's Requiem and things have gone awry. Nomad has now been left with voices chattering away inside his head after his connection to the Spirit World and informs you of why the machine was built and what he was using it for, the deal away with some troublesome associates from his past; the Shadow Apprentices. He wants your help to shut it down for good, but first it needs to be found.

Unfortunately, since Nomad's defeat, Zimberfizz was approached by some businessmen, the Black Arms, who were interested in buying the throne. He sold it for some "magic" beads and then signed it away. Nomad decides to enlist your help to retrieve it, after showing the damage it has already done to his skin (he removes the scarf to reveal premature balding and severe rotting and discolouration of the skin on his face).

At the Black Arms, you get an appointment with the director, Loiter, who is known very well to Nomad as his brother. The two have had ongoing quarrels over the rights to inventions, Loiter claiming they were paid for and Nomad insisting they were stolen and modified so he lost all patenting rights. When you sneak into a board room, Loiter has his "Rune o'clock" meeting with some clients who are particularly enthusiastic about the throne. He insists it won't be for sale for a while longer until the prototype has had the creases ironed out and the blue prints are under strict guard; once completed, it will go onto the market.

You retrieve the blue prints by various methods and Nomad mentions that there are problems he overlooked previously and that the throne can do unbelievable damage if sold to anyone and that the prototype must be destroyed. This leads you into conflict with Loiter who uses the throne his self to become almost as powerful as his younger brother. As the two fight, Zimberfizz tells you that he knew about the deals going on and that the beads are not ordinary beads and asks you to help put together the holy rosary, capable of exorcising spirits.

Wrapping the rosary around the cables at the back of the machine, it catastrophically fails, according to Nomad's plan. The machine connects to the plane of souls, but then implodes as it demands an occupant. Both Loiter and Nomad are thrown into the implosion, killing both of them and destroying the machine once and for all.

Returning the blue prints to Maya, she tells you that the plans were flawed from the start, Nomad was lucky to get away with minor skin and brain damage, as it could've done far worse damage to a living occupant. It appears the machine was ordered by the Shadow Apprentices to work on, but Nomad, in his attempts to leave, stole the blue prints so as to create the machine and fight against them, but the resulting power drilling through his cortex quickly drove him mad. The blue prints are destroyed as it is made clear that there are no copies.
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Morb, aside from this, how close are you to completing this quest? I'm already past the turning point and heading towards the falling actions in my series which I am rewriting.

I seriously think you need a break, and rethink how the Nightmare should be. I mean, if it is taking this long it better be good. And please, no Nomad. This right here has nothing to do with the plot and to me, you're overcompensating. The Nightmare will be good as a solo boss and a fantastic conclusion to your series despite my past criticism of the Nightmare. You can pull this off without Nomad, Nex, or any other boss monster.
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:08 am

Still no closer. Because of the current distractions, it'll take somewhere between 3 days and 15 years.
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:34 am

morb; you can only do something so much before it becomes overworked.
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

View user profile

Back to top Go down

VS Demon Lord Paige Shadowplay

Post by MorbiusMonster on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:30 pm

The final battle with Paige Shadowplay. Granted powers of darkness by the Nightmare to bring about destruction in her wake, this is the music you fight her to.

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:05 am

As much as I hate to be that guy, just a few questions about the Arzonius saga:

How many quests long is it? How far along are you?
What is the basic plot?
How many other storylines does it involve?
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:32 am

Answer to all four questions; how the f*** should I know?
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:34 am

Because you wrote it all? Tongue
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Still doesn't mean I know what's going on anymore.
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath on Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:59 am

Then don't waste your time by posting/writing side-stories. You should still have some idea of the plot. From there, you can divide it into chapters - quests - for exposition, rising action and the like.
Handeath
Advocate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:21 am

I second that. It's not like anyone else has had any real part in Arzonus - it's all come from your brain therefore you should know what's going on.

Handeath's right, if it's gotten to that state then you need to organise it in order to continue it properly.
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:38 am

Right now, Arzonus has me like this;

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:06 am

That makes so little sense...
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:13 am

Now you understand.
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:33 am

The Nightmare's outfit.

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:35 am

Of course when you first fight it, there is an enormous hole inside the tunic, kind of hinting are where its weakness is.

Mind you, Theta also really gives it one heck of a beating...
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath on Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:22 pm

See, you know how it ends... Smile

Just work backwards from there.
Handeath
Advocate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:32 pm

But where was I?
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:30 pm

You tell me. You've been just posting song choice and tidbits of info. If you really are completely unable to think of the plot to this massive project which has lasted about 4 years, then I suggest compiling what you know for sure (The Nightmare is the antagonist, his kind are invading Gielinor, the Shadow Apprentices are his lackeys) and then plan out from there and ignore anything that doesn't directly deal with the plot (background documents, BGM, rewards). If you really are confused, then, as extreme as this may sound, start over: disregard anything you have previously written and just start from the basic idea of werewolves and lost cities.

I know I sound annoying, but feel like you're not doing making any progress, instead you seem to be trying to make it the best questline EVAR in size and complexity. You can make it heavy. You can make it a mind screw. But remember, all stories have a structure.
Handeath
Advocate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Or, perhaps you should just accept that this is purely for your own amusement. If you don't sort it so the rest of us can understand it, you're writing just for the sake of writing. Which is fine, so long as you enjoy doing so.
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:01 am

I really cannot be bothered with this project anymore!
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Giovanni returns

Post by MorbiusMonster on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:00 pm

*A red light glows in the distances and you feel a chill in your heart*

???: At the end of worlds I finally find my way home...

*a black Mark of Magnus forms into a stone platform*

???: What feels like several lifetimes, yet has only been but a few years...

*a glowing set of red eyes appear within the mark*

???: Did you miss me, Erebus? That's right, I know your name.

*a figure gradually forms from the shadowy mark, the blackness draining away from the symbol to form into the figure*

???: I can sense your fear, Nightmare; I feed from it as you feed from that of the world...

*figure is almost whole as the mark beneath it glows red*

???: This isn't the end, Erebus. Arzonus and the lycans will fight for another day.

*figure fully forms and reveals himself*

Giovanni: Now that I, Giovanni Magnus, have returned, your power is as good as equalled and your short-lived reign is as good as finished!
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dungeons of Lupine and the Torn Realm

Post by MorbiusMonster on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:50 am

During Chapters 12 + 24, a crucial part of the quest involves going through a set of dungeons, similar to those of Daemonheim.

In Chapter 12, you unlock Vitrified Labs and Evacuated Labs. The Vitrified labs have the theme of a decaying lab which needs rebooting in order to complete them, whilst the Evacuated labs have traps and security measures to overcome.

The new puzzles include;

• Laser puzzles (standard) - A beam will need to be reflected from one part of the room to the other. To do this, you need to move or rotate mirrors in order to reflect them to their targets. Vitrified and Evacuated.
  • Laser puzzles (complex) - Similar purpose to the standard laser puzzles, only the beams will also have colours. Vitrified only.
  • Laser puzzles (advanced) - In this puzzle, multiple beams in a circle need to meet receptors on the outermost ring, so you need to rotate the three inner rings in order to solve the puzzles. Evacuated only.
  • Weapons master - As part of a new line of automaton guardians, weapons masters will only allow passage if your worn inventory meets the requirements. They have three pairs of arms, identifying the armaments present. Lower arms represent armour type, middle arms represent weapons type and upper arms represent prayer type. Vitrified only.
  • Greetings master - The automaton guardians featured a range that required to be greeted correctly before they allowed passage, but were unreliable because they had preferences to consider themselves either superior or equal to the greeter. To pass them, you need to assert which level of dominance they issue you (inferior, equal or superior) and use the emote accordingly. Vitrified only.
  • Emotions master - An automaton range that would require you to fulfil specific emotional needs of it in order to pass, discontinued due to frequently being inconsolable. You have to progress their emotional state from sad to angry and then to happiness. Vitrified only
  • Light dispersion - Using similar principles to the anti-illusion device callibration, match the light and intensity required to reveal the doors. Evacuated only.
  • Minefields - Advanced weapons testing. Mines will become wary if you make sudden, active movements and can deal heavy damage if detonated. Try to avoid coming too close or running in their presence. Any resources nearby are best left untouched. Evacuated only.
  • Telekinetic projectors - Moves objects around the room from a distance. From the platform, you must channel the projective beam to move from different beacons in forward to reverse from either the control panel or switches in the room to unlock the next chamber. Evacuated only.
  • Flood gates - Water levels need to be adjusted to access different walkways and panels to reach the other side of the room. This is a repeated puzzle as players may need to cross the chamber more than once. Vitrified only.
  • Light bridge challenges - Produces beams of light that cannot be penetrated. The purpose of this challenge is to either bridge a gap, prop up objects against one another or prevent drones from seeing you. This is a repeated puzzle as players may need to cross the chamber more than once. Evacuated only.
Chapter 24 features more puzzles within the Torn Realm;

• Reflection game - This puzzle requires you to control your reflection to manipulate the room around you. If an object is on the other side of the mirror, your reflection can move it around.
  • Mind games - The dungeon places you in a life or death situation. You'll be given a set of instructions on what will happen, but you MUST do the opposite in order to pass. If it asks you to perform a sequence, you must perform it in reverse or if you have things being thrown at you and are told to dodge, do not run out of the way.
  • Rotating rooms - You will need to escourt a maze to the exit. If a path appears to be blocked, try looking at it another way; use the walls and ceilings to walk on if you have to.
  • Labyrinth - a metal ball needs to reach the goal and you have to move to corresponding sides of the room to tilt it towards the goal.
  • Darkness puzzles - The room is pitch black, so you must cross an invisible path. Take only one step at a time to avoid disaster.
The Dungeons in the Torn Realm feature bosses which will be as follows;

• Malk'aan the Elemental - The room changes elements frequently, so you need to be in either the trenches or on pillars when it does whilst fighting the demon at the same time. Fire and Water require you to be on the pedestals, whilst Air and Earth require you in the trenches.
  • Memory of Lucien - Lucien will attack you and Terra. You won't be able to deal damage directly, but you can hit back his attacks. Try and get him to throw his flaming skulls away from Terra, but when he uses the attack he used on Wahisietel in Ritual of the Mahjarrat, get him to throw it at Terra who'll swing his staff the hit it back at him.
  • Grimnaught, Corrupted Behemoth and Deathsighter Lazekresh - Each of these monsters will attack you in turn and switch out from time to time. Deal with Grimanught using mage, whilst avoiding his attacks and the pillars of shadow; Defeat the Behemoth by using range when it opens its mouth to roar when its finished its wave of attacks; destroy the Deathsighter by avoiding its gaze and commanding Cheyenne to throw a magnetic pulse when its about to open one of its eyes so you can attack it with melee.
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster on Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:35 pm

I have finally decided on what appearances the Living Nightmare takes during the final battle.

Using the corpses of the Mother Mallum, the Pest Queen, the Balance Elemental and the Spirit Beast, the Nightmare will inhabit their empty bodies, resurrecting them and mutating them to its own ends.

For the True Nightmare, it uses a form that will bestow much fear to the world, taking advantage of current events. Therefore, it uses the corpse of Guthix and remodels it to make the True Nightmare.
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next