The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[P] Indigenous

+5
Duskcurse
MorbiusMonster
Ruy112
Zectiox
The Empty Lord
9 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

[P] Indigenous  - Page 2 Empty [P] Indigenous

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Indigenous
Discussion on the native species of Pallis.

Anyone got any ideas for indigenous species?

Thus far I've created two; a species of bird and the human-counterpart.

The human-counterpart, the dwallow, are--well, human-ish. They are taller than humans, their skin tones are shades of pale blues and purples, their eyes are large and their noses are flush with their face. They are pseudo-religion, in that they worship (in a respect sense, not a pray sense) a race which preceded them - known by names such as the Builders, Creators, Forerunners, etc - whose technology makes their survival possible. (When doodling, I played around with adding skin-horns/tails that grow from from just above their ears (similar to the Digimon, Veemon) - but I never completely convinced myself).

The bird, which I haven't named, fills an ecological niche provided by the waterfalls - building their nests beneath the waterfall mouths, and darting through the water to catch what ever poor morsel falls over the edge. The dwallow "fish" for these birds, by hanging bait over the edge and then reeling in the catch.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[P] Indigenous  - Page 2 Empty Re: [P] Indigenous

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 am

I'm not 100%. Tongue

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:25 am

we should just make the design for a limited numbers of races and peoples, so that we not end up with the saturday market fever when everything is -80%.. you know crowded Tongue

Dwallows (humanlike) [I support this = [1] (supported)]
Mogrul (trolls) [1]
Cynwen (Warlike-Miner Moles) [1] Win (the older, mandarians should be pronounced [Mandaarians] but was deleted due to close to the chinese mandarin)
Scorpions [~] (good suggestion, I thinks on the Scorpion king movies.. but I dont remember if they had scorpion(riders) or something similar..)

Just want to have some.. order of this limitation of races..

Last edited by Zectiox on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:34 am

Also literally they ar scorpion mans, they ar not half man half scorpion, also they can control the form of their pincers and their stingers
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:36 am

are they like 100% scorpions? maybe the defenders of the ancient device.. Tongue Or should we use some mystical old men for that job.. Tongue the leftovers from the forerunners .. idk ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:37 am

I don't support the name mandarin, purely 'cause it's an existing country ain't it? I was about to say it sounds like an orange (tangerine)... or have I got them the wrong way round again?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:07 am

They are scorpion man, yes 100º/º scorpion, they ADN is that of a scorpion but they walk like man, have legs like mans, they have pincers that can be turned into hands at will and their stinger can appear from anywhere int heir body and they are also nomadic because htey live in a desert wich is after crossing a swamp, also I got a perfetc race to protect those ancient devices
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:11 am

yea.. mandarin is the chinese language.. on some sort.. .. need to figure out a new word. didnt thought of it Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:13 am

Saugenian Cynwen Moles Tongue then... Win
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:14 am

The Diminorin, a race of diminutive, bureaucratic beings. They were originally the servants of the Forerunners, as the Dwallow were the beloved pet/child. The Diminorin have kept the various creations of the Builders in as best condition as they can, but as mere servants they can only slow the tide.

Diminorin form colonies around the major creations of the builders.

In the major cities live Ak-Dimin, the most sociable and intelligent of them.

Around the Mouths of the Creators and the other Edge-Structures live Az-Dimin, the most primitive of them, who practice cloud fishing. Az-Dimin are also the most magically inclined due to proximity to the lower world and it's clouds impregnated with magic.

Around some of the ancient quarries and mines live Bor-Dimin, the shortest and most dimwitted of them. Although they are organized into a more complex structure than the Az they are far less intelligent.

Bak-Dimin, the aloof, live around the other magical remnants. They keep themselves above the other races, rarely fraternising with them. Some even think of themselves as superior to the Dwallow, though they are ridiculed.

Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:22 pm

I like the idea of a race of mole-like things, more that I like the idea of something which walks slowly in a plod-like fashion. Perhaps breathing heavily, thus making conversations painfully long and slow. Grin

*breathe* Stop! *breathe* You must not *breathe* go in there! *breathe* It's not *breathe* safe! Perhaps with a Darth Vader sound effect. Maybe they have a gill-like breathing system, which is very inefficient and thus the need to breathe so regularly. Wink

The Dimin sound cool. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:53 am

Diminorin sounds great.. especially the Az-Dimin, Ak-Dimin, Bor-Dimin and the Bak-Dimins ;D. Having a little kind of system.. All having some sort of task to do Tongue..

and yes I liked the mole-race. and yes we could try to do something as Darth Vader style. They are great miners --> great smithers and forgers.. They would live underground or in the mountains.

They are professionals on mining and smithing. and maybe got a high tactical strategy Tongue...

Or they could be silence Tongue only some moles could care to talk to humans and other creatures... (maybe more when you have gain respect and done something good for them to rethink and maybe giving a hint or two Tongue)

"The Cynwenian Mole is staring at you with his darkred eyes, but remain silence..."

Are real moles really blind? and do they just smell their way through the earth. anyway, they are great miners Tongue, they are working in deep darkness.. so you may take with you a candle Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:10 am

I think moles are blind, not having need to see and all... but they don't have to be perfect moles. Tongue

To be perfectly honest, my idea for them was stolen... for some reason the Volus from Mass Effect came to mind when you said mole-creatures. Of course, I was imagining them without the biosuits. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:37 am

they could still have some armor, that they can move fast in... to speed up their transportation of minerals from A to B.

I searched for some "Mole Warriors" on google, and found some nice pictures.. always some ideas.. Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:10 am

I think I found the image you're on about. Tongue

I'm most unsure about the idea of a mole-like races purely because of the implications that arise in a race that digs... considering that the upperworld and lowerworld aren't suppose to know about each other in great detail, yet we have a race who dig? What gives, why aren't there tunnels?

Pallis has A LOT of land though. I mean, take the current map-- take Misthalin on the current map. Now look at the map of Pallis. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:48 am

3mpty see them like as a remmant of one of the original races, see htem as desert dwellers, perphas there is a huge desert between the swamps where the mogrull ives and the forest or fertile lands in wich the dwallows live

Also can you get on chat
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:55 am

Hmm, sort of interesting. The idea that evolution took the race backwards, leaving behind a crude creature in the shell of something that should be more impressive. Sort of like a zombie, I guess.

I'm not a fan of the name personally, but they could be an environment species - something you'd train on. They don't need an empire or cities, they are just vultures preying on the left overs. Travelling in family pods, they are extent to the barren planes (mogrul territory).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[P] Indigenous  - Page 2 Empty temp thread

Post by Duskcurse Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:07 pm

No look they are desert scavengers and yes they travel they are nomads, my idea is that a great ctaclysim, the same that created the desert, forced them to evolve to that form
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:12 pm

Does it matter why they are husks of their former self? It happened beyond memory. Either way, they are now just lowly creatures that merely feature on the food chain. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:33 pm

Okay, Dusk has confirmed that's not the direction he was going for the Scorpire (chatbox).

So I'm going to suggest a race of creatures that are similar in essence to zombies; in that their form has an air of superiority (doesn't mean they're attractive), but for whatever reason they now lack any mental prowess. So like, maybe something similar to a zombie-virus afflicted them, but they could still breed and it eventually caused the extinction of the former.

They are physically weak, and so survive mostly on carrion. They are still intelligent, at maybe primate level, but they are definitely feral. The Scrid! I don't know, something that sounds like it belongs to something unpleasant. Smile

They're just a training species. Pleased

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Speaking of such, what's the goblin expy?
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 pm

Expy? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:47 pm

3mptylord wrote:Okay, Dusk has confirmed that's not the direction he was going for the Scorpire (chatbox).

So I'm going to suggest a race of creatures that are similar in essence to zombies; in that their form has an air of superiority (doesn't mean they're attractive), but for whatever reason they now lack any mental prowess. So like, maybe something similar to a zombie-virus afflicted them, but they could still breed and it eventually caused the extinction of the former.

They are physically weak, and so survive mostly on carrion. They are still intelligent, at maybe primate level, but they are definitely feral. The Scrid! I don't know, something that sounds like it belongs to something unpleasant. Smile

They're just a training species. Pleased

3mpty that's not what I meant
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:10 pm

3mptylord wrote:So I'm going to suggest a race...

That post had nothing to do with your idea...
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:00 pm

what if:

moles could belong to Mogruls.. I mean.. the Mogruls and Dwallows are the dominant races.. one taken one half and the other the other half of Pallis.

Those races that aren't strong nor big enought to be on its own could belong to one of the dominant races.. Moles likes mountains, and to dig and search for minerals, they could live in Barrenlands where Mogruls are dominant and they could trade armors for safe-protection...

more late.. Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 pm

3mptylord wrote:
3mptylord wrote:So I'm going to suggest a race...

That post had nothing to do with your idea...

Srry then, also zectiox my race will be independant
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Dragons! Grin

Only, four-limbed dragons - where the wings are their forearms. Harry Potter's Hungarian Horntail style, or Reign of Fire style... it's hard finding pictures 'cause "dragon" returns the six limb model. Sad

[P] Indigenous  - Page 2 Wyrm_by_sandara

They are borderline extinct, and live within the landcracks. They rarely hunt beyond mogrul territory, but also rarely have mogrul meat. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next