The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[P] Indigenous

+5
Duskcurse
MorbiusMonster
Ruy112
Zectiox
The Empty Lord
9 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

[P] Indigenous  - Page 12 Empty [P] Indigenous

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Indigenous
Discussion on the native species of Pallis.

Anyone got any ideas for indigenous species?

Thus far I've created two; a species of bird and the human-counterpart.

The human-counterpart, the dwallow, are--well, human-ish. They are taller than humans, their skin tones are shades of pale blues and purples, their eyes are large and their noses are flush with their face. They are pseudo-religion, in that they worship (in a respect sense, not a pray sense) a race which preceded them - known by names such as the Builders, Creators, Forerunners, etc - whose technology makes their survival possible. (When doodling, I played around with adding skin-horns/tails that grow from from just above their ears (similar to the Digimon, Veemon) - but I never completely convinced myself).

The bird, which I haven't named, fills an ecological niche provided by the waterfalls - building their nests beneath the waterfall mouths, and darting through the water to catch what ever poor morsel falls over the edge. The dwallow "fish" for these birds, by hanging bait over the edge and then reeling in the catch.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

[P] Indigenous  - Page 12 Empty Re: [P] Indigenous

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:15 am

Erm...did you just say the diminor are the top of dwallow society...that's so wrong...their more like a private contracting firm that's got a vast swath of dwallow territory that they've sworn to protect. They trade with the dwallow, and treat them as equals. The High Protector himself, who all diminor must treat with utmost respect, will allow any dwallow to speak to him as an equal.

Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 am

then how is Dwallow society set up?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:53 am

Hell if I know...

I think they live in towns outin the wild, have fairly little government, collectivized child -rearing...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:52 am

I see Diminors as "high priests", all their knowledge, cities. you had a nice structure how the diminors "works" Dark, really.

Dwallows are then, more people than high priests. more like peasants than kings. but I doubt that dwallows wouldn't have a king or a higher leader amongst them. Politics. Then Idk if the dwallows have some much thinking off who should rule Pallis or the Dwallow kingdom?.. I see them as peacefully and wont do harm without a good reason.

Diminors on the other hand sounds more mystical. They got technology. They got knowledge. I see them as a leading "race" amongst the other inhabitants in Pallis. No offence to you who thinks on a different way.

there are the Az-, Ak-, Bak- and Bor-dimins. Each having a own district of knowledge. or focus. They are more orginazed than the dwallows. So far. And I can imagine a army of Bor-Dimins marching out for war somewhere on the battlefield. "They are tall, pale and have green eyes". Idk but I would be frightened if I would face a Bor-dimin in full armor on the battlefield. I related them with elves still not. (I love elves, they are tall, and are good at melee and range. (lord of the rings - the two towers, helms deep's fight..))... well my imagination is floating on having the bor-dimins lining up for fight. hmm.

On the eyes on the Az-dimins is another sight. They sound more peacefully than the bor-dimins (because the war-like diminors). They have the knowledge, living in the cities and maybe working as traders and craftsmen, leaders in the senate (if they have one) and working on the fields.

well anyway. Dark Avorian, you have made a good description.. I just spinning it forward.. Idk why Im posting it here and not on the "protectorate"-thread... anyway...

maybe we should turn our head to the dwallows, or the mogruls.. see how they live, if they have some similar system as the diminors or if they work on other terms. how does the market-system work in their cities? or the army and protection of their territory. Any defence towers of lower walls? their knowledge of each other and the pallis? and who is having trading alliances with who and what is the goods they trading?

well on the trading question. Dwallows may be out of minerals. Diminors have a little of both (ores, timber, food) and the mogruls are out of timber (as it may be a deadland.. ) and ofc the mogruls are rich on minerals.

just a new suggestion line.. Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:55 am

Well...yeah...thats basically EXACTLY RIGHT...

So if I recall the mogrul are more yours...so...have at it
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:07 am

yeyy, I got something right for once! ;D

it is a group-project. and everyones call is to be count. I just want to say my 2 cents to the project Smile

Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:21 pm

whenever I imagine the Dwallow society similar to a pastoral society with a simple class structure of artisans and farmers. They resemble past human civilizations.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Dark Avorian wrote:Erm...did you just say the diminor are the top of dwallow society...that's so wrong...

Sorry, I misunderstood. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:59 pm

I mean,it's not a tough mistake to make. In most things we're exposed to the warriors who protect the peasants dispatched from the big city are the upper crust, but the Diminor view the Dwallow as friends who they have the means to protect, so long as they can establish trading relations.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:31 am

So if trading relations grow sour....? Tongue

See where I'm going?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:50 am

[P] Indigenous  - Page 12 21012010

I miss hand-drawing.

The (previously unmentioned) Rani, a Caldorian race. Smile

Their thumb and primary toe is one the outside, rather than the inside.

I felt like drawing an extremely feminine creature, I just posted it here because I can.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:56 am

wow that is awesome. The Rani, wow Grin a feminine creature too. I really like the ears. Well this is looking real intresting Grin I want to se more.

A Caldorian. So now we have The Dwallow, The Diminor and the Rani out there on the southern part of Pallis. Caldorin Grin

And The mogruls, the Dragons on in Toba.. (Idk if my mole-like race went through or dusk's scorpies) but Mogruls are the dominant race of toba (due to the dynasties I think)

anywaaay great job well done and awesome drawings 3mpty Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:00 am

...a feminine creature? I hope you aren't serious...

They will all have male and female...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:37 am

They are "its". Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:57 am

Dragons

As discussed previously, dragons have a tiered social structure within their hives, they operate as almost a hivemind under the queen, guarded by her Court Drakes, with her servants led by her High Daughters.

The other division to consider among dragons is Lineages. A Lineage is a characteristic "Breed" of dragon. The dragons of a hive are almost completely of the queen's lineage, however she may at some points create workers with features of her mates' lineages in order to improve their functionality.

Her high daughters are a mix of her breed and their father's breed (remember that high daughters do not mate with their own fathers within the pleasure couplings of the court)

Her Queens-to-be (daughters who will eventually become queens) are close to the original lineage, sometimes with a mix of other advantageous characteristics of her mates.

Her drones (sons, leave at same time as QTBs, become court drakes) are completely her lineage.

Her court drakes are of the lineage of their mothers. They are captured by her in the Season of New Power, when all the queens-to-be and drones are driven from their hives by the courts. Most queens attempt to capture a good breeding pool to enhance their young.

Features brought into a lineage degrade over the generations, so lineages stay intact in the maternal line.

The Lineages

The Grand Lineages wrote:

The grand lineages are the lineages whose drones are the most prized in Pallis. A queen who captures such a drone will almost certainly bring manyof it's features into her brood. A queen of this lineage will carefully select males from lineages with highly specialized characteristics.

Shalak (Shadow-Spikes)

The Shalak lineage is characterized by large, blocky dragons of black, dark purple, and dark blue coloring. they have heavy body armour, but it is formed from an almost unbroken layer of spikes. They have large, bull like horns, spiked tails, massive talons, and a crest of thick spikes. They have excellent night vision, and queens/court drakes grow massive spikes in the place of their wings.

Magic is second nature to them

Yurazil (Sun-Serpents)

the Yurazil Lineage is characterized by long, lithe, dragons of spectacular gold, red, copper hues. They are adorned with many frills that they spread to look grandiose, but which can lock down to make them fully aerodynamic. they have a high degree of control over these frills, which are formed of strong skin streched between razor shard spikes of bone. When they attack they fly through the enemy, opening their frills to slice and shred the opposition. Winged dragons have enormous spans, and they are known for having a single horn that curves back from the center of the forehead.

Firebreath is incredibly powerful

Gzarg (Foul Frogs)

Despite the many insulting names given them, the Gzarg are deadly beyond belief. They are strongly built, range from gray to green to brown. They have a froglike face and almost no neck, their stubby legs are thickly muscled and powerful. They have venomous fangs and bacteria ridden spittle that they coat they claws with. They have a poison barb on their tail. The joint of their wing from which the "fingers" extend have snake-like heads pointing foreward, in a queen or drake, the fingers and webbing drop, leaving two long snake-headed tentacles that the Gzarg can use as weapons or arms.

Main mouth and snake mouths can breath noxious fumes that poison enemies.

Other Lineages of note:

Tiberin

White, furred dragons who flourish in the cold, know for their keen eyesight, and agility.

Lagarsa

Many tendrilled blue dragons

Tormish

Noble, elegant gray dragons with vast wings who can survive altitudes that even the finest other dragon would suffocate at

Korig

Capable of burrowing, long claws and huge powerful digestive juices that eat through rock
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Here are some pics of a sculptris gzarg, unfortunately it is bereft of wingage or snakage.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

In the females there would be wings in the normal dragon location. these would have a snakehead embedded in the center of the "fan" facing forward, males just have two snakes emerging from the aforementioned place

Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:40 am

Good effort there. But seriously, cheers on not drawing the bits I was actually struggling to imagine. Wink

P.S. I'm to assume we're not doing four-limbed dragons any more?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:14 am

[P] Indigenous  - Page 12 Gzarg_by_jxnh-d37yq7z

Gzargs will be the only six limbed, although perhaps other breeds try and capture Gzarg males for the added functionality.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:28 am

[P] Indigenous  - Page 12 Gzarg_in_glory_by_jxnh-d37yrhj

and the full amalgamation
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Gladzosaurus Rex Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 am

*for the added functionality; lovely Tongue

Looks like amazing modelling there
Gladzosaurus Rex
Gladzosaurus Rex
Proselyte

Number of posts : 145

http://www.the-gladiatorz.com/forums/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:39 am

sculptris is epic...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 am

cool sculp ;D sculptris ftw ;D

keep up the good work ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:57 am