The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilderness and Free Trading: I smell a rat...

+5
Ruy112
Handeath
Blaze FF8
Dragon78114
The Empty Lord
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wilderness and Free Trading: I smell a rat... Empty Wilderness and Free Trading: I smell a rat...

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:49 am

In case you hadn't noticed the RuneScape homepage, the Wilderness and Free Trading may be returning. This is subject to a kind of signature sheet, called a poll, where you simply sign your name.

But I think it seems a bit unprofessional. Also, the vote hasn't got any authentication - you don't need to be logged in or use a password. I voted for my cousin just to prove a point. There's a perfectly good poll system in place, why not use it?

Could be a hacker or a misfeasor I guess. But someone would have noticed? I wonder how many of the 400+ family are there in the holiday, and how many web designers/with web acesss?

What will reversing the update achieve? I just feel it's backwards progress.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Wilderness and Free Trading: I smell a rat... Empty Re: Wilderness and Free Trading: I smell a rat...

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:21 pm

I voted; I doubt it will happen, though. I feel that people will start RWT again.

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Wilderness and Free Trading: I smell a rat... Empty Re: Wilderness and Free Trading: I smell a rat...

Post by Blaze FF8 Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:15 pm

How do you mean "they cannot release another bad update ever again?"

I don't know... do you really think such a thing is possible? A hacker from the inside, who has permitted access to the system, and is using it for their own agenda?
Somehow, I doubt it. Other members of Jagex would obviously see it and have it taken away.
It's a massive promise they're making. I doubt it'd have found it's way onto the main page without the whole company's support and awareness.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:52 am

Maybe it is a but farfetched, but it's a bit farfetched both ways. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 am

I does seem to have come out of nowhere. That, coupled with the seemingly flimsey way the poll works, ( and the obvious concerns regarding wilderness-placed minigames, wilderness quests, etc.), do raise a few questions.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:53 am

Meh, I think that has been accounted for, but I dunno *shrugs*

I hate to be the one to change the topic but, opinions on The Return?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:16 am

Seems like a lot of work to undo a lot of work. I don't see why they cannot simply change the current system to accomodate the wanted change.

Also... Advanced bot detecting my ass! Gielinor is flooded with bots, not the same amount as before, but still. When their system works, they can start changing the rules.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:28 am

There's never going to be a working system. Whatever they put in place, programers will find new ways to overcome it. =/
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:31 am

True Sigh, btw balze will yo ever make somthing with the remmants?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 am

They should just create a working pk'ing minigame, then work in Bounty Hunter into it.

I posted a short idea on Apsitively's thread, and I'm sure it's not unique, but pk'ing would be normal with limitations on what you can take in the Wildy - limit it to equipment, miscellaneous items valued less than maybe 500k, and stacks less than maybe 5000 (or 100 notes). (I don't know, this was Apsitively's bit). Okay, now add a kill count that has exp multipliers or some sort of reason to keep killing without leaving the wilderness (well, without entering a safe zone). At 3 kills a bounty appears on your head, and you're now worth a lot to kill - bonus exp and some bounty points or something.

*shrugs*
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:49 am

Actually, I think I'll be using the Remnants in Verdentia. I've planned much of the series's story (assuming there's any demand for a series), and they'd hold a role in Book 3.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:51 am

cool, and a continuation to zavionce aswell Grin
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:54 am

So, am i the only one who actually would be happy if they reverted it?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:58 am

no jer is also happy
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:19 am

I don't mind. I'm more concerned for what it might do for the game.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:52 pm

I never really used the Wilderness. Neutral Wasn't really a fan of PKing, so if this is real and it happens, it won't affect me much at all.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Yeah, that too.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:54 am

I think the revert would mean that Jagex would have to move a lot of content that would only work in the Wildy: Summer Series, Beacon System, Cookies stuf. But people have managed with the Mage Arena, so we'll see.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:55 am

I thought the Summer series was iconic in that it had a "risk factor".
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:56 am

Yeah but think of those who want to do clan wars, or fist of guthix, or stealing creation, or the wildy agility course, or the summer duo of quests
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:59 am

The wilderness agility course predates the Wilderness removal... doesn't it?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:32 am

Huh?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:39 am

All your examples were of things added after the removal of the wilderness, so I guessed your objection was to Wilderness returning and either replacing them, making them pointless, or making them dangerous. But I'm confident the Wilderness Agility Course had been in game since before the Wilderness being removed, so it's not something that will be adversely affected - similar to Mage Arena.

I could be reading it wrong.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:43 am

yeah I know that most of that stuff was added after the wilderness removal but it would still be dangerous for low level people who want to play stealing creation for example
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:46 am

... the whole Wilderness-level system kind of makes the Wilderness equally safe/dangerous for all levels of player. Being a "low level" doesn't make the Wilderness more dangerous...

Also, I understood your point, I was pointing out that I thought the Wilderness Agility Course predated the removal... and thus was designed with danger in mind, or, that's the premise (whether the reward was actually worth the danger is beside the point). I wasn't commenting on your notion, only your example.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next