The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Trailer

+2
Blaze FF8
The Empty Lord
6 posters

Go down

The New Trailer Empty The New Trailer

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:31 am

I'd just like to say it's pretty epic and it's a shame that it's not ingame footage. Wink

Also, I've been pronouncing Gielinor right. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The New Trailer Empty Re: The New Trailer

Post by Blaze FF8 Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:55 am

A certain improvement, yes. But it does seem a bit cliche; what fantasy-game trailer hasn't used that premise? Confuse
I also thought the skeletons' animation was a little... off.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:01 pm

In game graphics rather than in game footage may have been better suited to what I was trying to say. Wink

I found the whole necromancy concept a little off, if we're getting picky. Their anchor was killed, so if they can get up regardless how can they die by getting an arrow stuck in their ribs. Tongue

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:45 pm

Now im a bit off track here... WHAT WHERE WHEN??? ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:50 pm

RuneScape homepage, splash screen and YouTube... Find it, it's cool. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:54 am

I just wish it showed some of the in game content, and...

WHY DOES ZAMMY HAVE TO BE THE BAD GUY, HUH?! STUPID JAMFLEX, WHY? RAGE!!!!
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:53 am

It didn't say Zamorak; it said the dark god, and it doesn't specify who is good and bad... merely protagonists and antagonists.

Furthermore, players who follow Zamorak usually assume the role of a renegade... thus, there has to be a feel that they're rebelling and not just following the lead presented in the trailer. Though two trailers could work, it would be misleading, and players don't have the option to be the antagonist in most quests... players wouldn't have the option to aid the necromancer in besieging a town.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:38 am

Yes, but rebellion isn't always nessecarily bad. It's just that there are no bad guys to rebel against.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:42 am

Again, no-one mentioned good or bad. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:01 pm

I liked the roles, they didnt make Zamorak "evil" he just want some minions? Tongue ( I too want to have some minions, do that make me bad?)

It was a bit low-bit for me, HD but still something wrong. well runescape is unique. Tongue

soon there will be the Runescape: The movie out xD

That scene is to me somehow familiar with the battlescene in LOTR fellowship of the ring. when Boromir is fighting the uruk-hai "hero" Tongue And then aided by Aragorn, legolas and Gimli, even if our bluearmored hero doesnt die here his friends aid him... idk, I got the scene in my head right now... Tongue

well rebellions have change the world, The frence revolution (killing the king of France and making the first republic... I think)? civil war in america (still there they loset due to some misstakes (anyone seen Gods and Generals?))

so, I liked the battle, it was like 2 brothers fighting, Legends of the guardians ;D still the "good" side won with having friends for aid. Still what happend to the "dark god"? just banished from the battlefield.

Idk if the trailer itself told really anything of what your doing else that fighting skeletons and facing a bone dragon? More Inside footage, some non-combat too, I hate when they do have trailers but only with fighting and combat... here they had ranger, mage and melee.. I hope they give out a "gathers trailer" just a sneakpeek of how it is to be a non-combat player for awhile ;D

what if they could have first like som peacefull mining, fishing, farming, woodcutting, smithing etc, then they gathered the army (by npcs as officers and with a "player" army) to fight the "dark side"... or you know, players who worship Zammy could be on the "dark side" either one... I just thought of having some kind of peace-beginning and conflict-end Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:20 am

RE: The rebellion bit. I was talking about the kids who think it's cool not to conform, not rebels in the sense of people who actually have an end goal or a purpose higher than just annoying their parents. It's not necessarily a bad thing, we have all of real life being told to conform, having a game outlet where you can be evil is probably healthy. But as a person being evil, you still have to feel your doing because you're expected to be good. In games like Overlord you don't really feel evil, it just feels like. Tongue

There's also the ethical issue. Games will typically prefer to have you slaughtering something evil than something good... hordes of zombies, robots, skeletons, demons, etc, you can kill them it's fine. Reminds me of the Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer game, when near the beginning it broke the forth wall a bit saying "Ah good, he's using robots. That means we don't have to go easy on them!" Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:28 am

o.o I tried looking for this. Link?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:47 am

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:56 am

rofl! I laughed the entire short film. I thought the video had NOTHING to do with the actual game... Grin

And I also thought it was kind of funny at the end they posted a quote, "A game that demands to be taken seriously."

Honestly, this video would be so much better if they actually had content from the game. But then looking at the screenshots... They are rather pathetic and don't show much of the game or boring.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:13 am

I'm impartial. It's a pretty neat trailer, even if it's completely irrelevant. It's clearly made using the RuneScape engine... which means there's hope. Smile

Although, further than being irrelevant and not using ingame content, the story itself is a lie. When you log in you get no impression that "these are dark times"... the whole game is light and airy, with all dangers ironed out.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 am

lol, I know, right?

The person watching it for the first time will expect darkness and wind up in Lumby... lol They'll be so confused!

The only thing relatively dark are the hardest quests available to members, and even those are pretty watered down.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:06 am

That was actually the only thing I didn't like. I can live with different graphics and story written specially for the trailer, that's not uncommon, but to say it's a dark game... lies! LIES! Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:14 am

What's in your bag Angelos? Tell us what's in your bag, yer bastard.
A Plastic pen and a cigarette and lump of the internet (pulls out a length of wire).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:30 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:What's in your bag Angelos? Tell us what's in your bag, yer bastard.
A Plastic pen and a cigarette and lump of the internet (pulls out a length of wire).

????????????

can you please explain?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down