The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[P] Everything about Mogruls

+2
Duskcurse
Zectiox
6 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

[P] Everything about Mogruls - Page 2 Empty [P] Everything about Mogruls

Post by Zectiox Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:15 am

First topic message reminder :

[P] Everything about Mogruls - Page 2 212z791
The Mogrul

A thread for the Pallis Project about Mogruls.

We got so far clear over Dynasties and some other stuff.

Last edited by Zectiox on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

[P] Everything about Mogruls - Page 2 Empty Re: [P] Everything about Mogruls

Post by Zectiox Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:09 am

make a poll
"Q: should North and South Pallis be called Toba and Caldorin?"
"1A: Yes"
"2A: No"

or we could find 3-4 names "##### and #####" Tongue to see what the people like most ;P have the poll for like 2 weeks only as 1 week may be too short?

Short names

Lugo
Corc
Adoc
Catur

Medium Names

something + orin, ian,

Katoorin
Cucian (chuchian)
Qualrorin
Zaetorin

... links ...
http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/
http://nine.frenchboys.net/fanname.php
http://nine.frenchboys.net/country.php
http://dicelog.com/yafnag
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-name.php
... links ...

well anyway.. we got one suggestion "Toba and Caldorin" if nothing else is figured out we take it.. simple Grin:D if we need to vote we vote Tongue

Last edited by Zectiox on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 am

Sod it; it's only preliminary. Toba and Caldorin. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:29 am

preliminary and temporarly Tongue So we dont need to say north and south just Toba and Caldorin, could work Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:02 am

I was just getting bored of saying "the northern territories", "the north region", "mogrul territory", etc. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:05 am

easier to say Toba then three different things Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:00 am

I still alludes me as to why I've got such expansive images in my mind for the mogrul... on my way home from the post office just now I was imagining one of their colonies/cities... I can't really explain it. Neutral
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:27 am

Wow cool ;D just try to explain simply.. Got a name? ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm

No name. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:35 pm

Write whatever you remember down so can we start to discuss it ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:03 pm

I'll think about it Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:05 am

well.. Now we have the name for the northern land. toba.

3mpty had a suggestion of having about 12 clans, colonies. -1 (the Hrekim). Maybe we could find some names and description for these 11 clans that remains?. And if we could try to place them on the worldmap Grin The Hrekim would fit in the northern mountains of Toba.

Is there any mouths at the edges or is this only on the souther part of pallis (Caldorin)? It would be great to have a map of where the mouths that are in use are. Maybe some mouths could been found in Toba, but they may be unused or in ruins?

Is there any trees or any fertile areas in Toba or is it mainly rocks and mountains? (if there isnt any trees or fertile, there may be problems finding animals on the inland. Or having fields to harvest for food) Still we got the coast for water and fish. Idk if the Mogruls needs to eat vegtables and bread - if not there is no problem with the fertile -?(only that the hunting animals dont really get any food.. hmm) or do they mainly eat fish and meat?

Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:39 am

Toba is a mix of african savannah, the australian outback and stone desert. With a marshland in the north-west and a smallish region of sand. It's harsh terrain, but it's can support life and megafauna. There would be limited woodland regions as well. Of course, it's fiction, so we can create plants that might not flourish in real life.

Aside from meat, most of their food is quite tough and tasteless.

Also, I said maybe 12... we don't need to fill them all and we can have more if need be. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:11 am

wow cool description of Toba Grin well yeah having some sort of tree that doesn't really need fertile ground to grow. I got a image in my mind right now, which is quite nice, if I got it right.

well maybe Tongue we got 1 now. We start with one and continues there Tongue

Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:15 am

*pontificates*
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:06 am

3mptylord wrote:*pontificates*

Idk if I got it right.. but okey Tongue

I dont see that this is really anything that the people want to discuss at the moment Neutral

EDIT: Idk what I did, I pressed "thanks" on 3mptylord and his post went green.. awesome!! Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:33 am

Greeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnn Grin

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 am

I will like to make the sadic or darc mogrul clan
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:50 pm

WOAH!!!! Slow down! I love the progress, but you have to take into account of how each of the twelve societies interacts. I think that would cause much distress and a battle for land, as you guys have mentioned only certain sections of Toba is inhabitable. Remember, we have Dragons and other violent wildlife nesting in the region. Tongue

I think there should be three major tribes called "Dynasties" (a drift from the traditional definition Wink ). Each of these Dynasties could be further broken into smaller tribes named, "Consulate Tribes". Different Consulate tribes interact in each Dynasty tribe, but usually never mix. Now since the Mogrul are led by local shamans etc. well those could be the leader of each Consulate. The Consulate tribes can easily move into the three different Dynasty tribe at will if the economy permits. The biggest reason why Mogruls designed this structure was to use the land and its resources in the most efficient way possible.

If the Mogrul shaman wishes to become a part of another Dynasty, then the shaman leaders in the other Dynasty tribe must approve, and also the shamans from his own Dynasty tribe. Easily the Consulate or Dynasty tribes could be either absorbed into another or removed very easily.

Currently, there are three Dynasty tribes, each with roughly three tribes. Each Dynasty tribe has control over certain stretches of land, with two of the Dynasties in the swamp area, one in the mountains, and the last on the northern coast of the Dark Sea. They are all geographically disconnected, leaving plenty of space for the other inhabitants of Toba.

Sound good? I mean, with this premise and social structure a nice quest series can arise... Remember we're making a game that has plot, not just a whimsical fantasy world. Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Thank god someone is of a like mind.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:14 pm

RE: The last line though. "...with this premise" implying it's in a completely different direction, but I don't see how it's actually that different.

Spoiler:

Nice additions, if I got them right. But I think you listed four locations for the three dynasties. Tongue

Also, I dislike how populated the swamp would be. It's not that large of an area.

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:15 am

It sounds good to have dynasties, one in the mountains, one in the swamp and one on the northern coast of the dark sea. (well making 4 dynasties with 3 tribes makes it 12 all-together Tongue)

suitable names for the dynasties? (Could the mountain Dynasty be something like Hrekim Dynasty? ;D It sounds good in my ears ;D)

Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:28 am

I think one west of the swamp, two in the mountainous region, and one south-west of the Dark Sea is best. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:18 am

I meant that the individual consulate tribes make the dynasties. It isn't necessarily city/town divisions (there can be infinite amounts of towns and cities per consulate). It would be like their form of government.

Think about it like Dynasty tribes being a collection of cities that use certain expanses of land that were set up to gather resources. The resources collected out in the country can be distributed to any Mogrul in the area of contol in the certain Dynasty but not in different ones.

Example? Let's use Zetinox's Dynasty, "Hrekim" It has 3 Consulates by the way...

Ok let's imagine this is the land in which they live (let's move away from Pallis):

[P] Everything about Mogruls - Page 2 Consul11

Remember, these are set up for economic reasons, so then if the mogruls in Consulate 2 or 3 want minerals from Consulate 1, they can openly trade. If Consulate 1 and 2 want some wood they can get some from consulate 3.

Now how these consulates are are set up are with the tribal shamans from each consulate; they determine borders, if another one should be formed/merged/deleted, etc.

If one must want to make another consulate tribe inside a region taken by a Dynasty, a shaman must be ready to take control and the three Shamans in the dynasty must approve. If one wants to make another consulate OUT of the the territory controlled by the Dynasty tribe, they may do it, so long as the original Dynasty and its Consulates will receive part of the resources acquired. This is typically how Dynasties extend their borders.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:22 am

Why wouldn't Consulate 2 just access the forest themselves? Given they are closer, and are apparently mutual with Consulate 3...

It's a neat idea, sorta combine them?

For example, there should be a central city in the older dynasties - perhaps not the newer ones (although if it's new/the first, it would be the capital).

The mogrul lived in caves, and when they first began to expand they went inwards - building burrows and undercities. After which, they went outwards... into the valleys, into the forests, whatever was outside. In mine, the additional towns were more population relief or to border resources (such as farmland or a forest).

Farms, after all, aren't controlled by villages/towns - they're controlled by the farmer who tends them, who lugs the stocks into town to sell on market. It's not a resource the town has, it's a resource one individual has. He may trade them for meats or clothes.

But having each residency having it's own shaman who has jurisdiction over that tribe is good.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:52 am

we could have a old mogrul city underneath the ground. (why not?)

Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:37 am

3mptylord wrote:Why wouldn't Consulate 2 just access the forest themselves? Given they are closer, and are apparently mutual with Consulate 3...

Because that was a bad example. The consulates will have small or no similar borders. The circle where every consulate touches it neighbor evenly will rarely happen.

It's a neat idea, sorta combine them?

For example, there should be a central city in the older dynasties - perhaps not the newer ones (although if it's new/the first, it would be the capital).

Sure, with over time cities can develop, but there are no set amount of settlements that can develop within a Consulate. There could be a town set where the Shamans from each Consulate can meet in a formal building, but that is optional. Remember, these were set up to best utilize the land. Wink

The mogrul lived in caves, and when they first began to expand they went inwards - building burrows and undercities. After which, they went outwards... into the valleys, into the forests, whatever was outside. In mine, the additional towns were more population relief or to border resources (such as farmland or a forest).

Well, there's no stopping a group of mogruls to set up an underground Consulate. Wink

Farms, after all, aren't controlled by villages/towns - they're controlled by the farmer who tends them, who lugs the stocks into town to sell on market. It's not a resource the town has, it's a resource one individual has. He may trade them for meats or clothes.

I understand, but being in the Dynasty, the farmer has a means and an audience to sell and/or trade the things he grew. The Shamans are really just monitor the land they have control over and provide spiritual guidance They don't necessarily command farmers to trade, unless it is a desperate situation..

But having each residency having it's own shaman who has jurisdiction over that tribe is good.

Thanks! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next