The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Black and White

+4
MorbiusMonster
trixtor
Jeeves
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pokémon Black and White Empty Pokémon Black and White

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 am

Pokémon
Black and White
Release dates;
• Japan - September 18, 2010
• Europe - March 4, 2011
• North America - March 6, 2011
• Australia - March 10, 2011

I've got the White version and it's quite possibly my favourite version since the original 251 (yes, for me it's the original 251). I really like how it feels like a total re-imagining rather than just an expansion - and I like how they've diversed the types, I've always found choosing fire was the strategic choice rather than a preference on the grounds that fire was a scarce type (or at least in early game), whilst water and grass were bountiful. Grin

(Not really spoiling details, just some heads-up)
Spoiler:
I sorta miss fishing (you don't get a rod until you complete the story). Sad

P.S. As I've already been doing, I will likely say I have Black. My brain misassociated the versions due to the cover-legendaries being reversed... I thought I had Black for the first day or two. Blush
P.P.S. I've also got into the habit of calling them Pokémon Blanc and Noir. Tongue

RE: Convo with Jeeves
I take back what I said about Blitzle... yeah, he's no Pikachu but he's damn good! There's this bitching flying-psychic type and he's the only electric type at the moment (also, he learns dark and fire moves... so training him in Pinwheel Forest is a eaaassssyyyy)! Although, I said this when I thought I was going into the ruins (and given the few psychic users in the entrance I thought I would be heading into a psychic-breeding ground... turns out I wasn't going in there yet, so Blitzle was only temporarily useful. Tongue

There's a flying-electric type... GRAH! Ground is immune to his attacks, but because of the flying he's immune to mine! Such a troll Pokémon! >_<

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White Empty Re: Pokémon Black and White

Post by Jeeves Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:58 pm

I can't catch Victini! Sad
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White Empty Pokémon Black and White

Post by trixtor Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:07 pm

I prefer Joltik to all others in this generation (except possibly Braviary, that thing is the most patriotic pokemon ever.) I think you can probably tell via my avatar.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:22 pm

You can almost tell there's going to be a sequel... just because the Pokémon themselves are in the same state as RBY. There's too many without evolutions, so we can expect to see prevos and alternate final-evos. Shame they didn't just start with 251 and have it extra awesome! Grin

@Jeeves, I caught him first try! Although, he was a bitch and killed half my team. Victini has an obscene amount of defence for his level, is incredibly useful! Grin

Until today I'd caught all my Pokémon with Pokéballs, but then I met a Liepard and I still couldn't catch it even when I upgraded to Ultra balls. Sad

There's no Eevee-equivalent. Shock
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:05 am

I bought the game the day after it came out. March is a busy gaming month for me, because Okamiden comes out next Friday!

I have only spent a little of Sunday playing it, cause I'm waiting for the Strategy guide to come in the post.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:17 am

I've got the special Celebi that allows me to catch Zorua, now to find a way to transfer it over...

Then again an Action Replay is just as effective, provided I don't overuse it.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:14 am

I thought the names Pokémon Ebony and Pokémon Ivory Versions would have worked. It is chromatically corresponding to the associated legendary, it remains in alphabetical order, with black being first and the song "Ebony and Ivory" would have just added to it.

What possible combinations remain?
Light and Dark
Sun and Moon
Order and Chaos
Life and Death
Good and Evil
Abstract and Existence
etc.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:33 am

Booooo, cheater!

Black, White and Spectrum! Or Rainbow, which I see as being more likely. Ooh, or Color. Sigh

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:42 am

It'll be Grey version next, because of Kyurem.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:56 am

I was gonna say Grey, but Pokémon Grey doesn't sound right...

But yeah, I didn't know their was a third legendary. Grey is likely. Neutral
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:32 am

So I finally caught Victini after spending half an hour battling it so I could use my Timer Ball. Failed with that, used a Great Ball right after and caught it. Neutral Of course, it couldn't do that the first ten times I tried catching it. But yeah...not fun.

@Morbius

Okamiden looks excellent. Pleased
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:06 am

Oh, another Pokémon game I'll hear a high whine of discussion about for a while and then forget entirely. Pokémon...*sighs*
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:29 am

The third version will be Pokémon Racial Equality Rainbow version.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Maybe if you just tried it!
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Has anyone seen my discussion for the Pokémon game I'm coming up with? It features Pokémon from Black and White.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:49 am

I never really got into the non-coloured series. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:46 am

Anyone up for trading me a Zorua or a Zorua egg? I can't offer something decent directly from Pokémon Black, but I can junk trade from Soul Silver (I can offer some pretty good ones from Soul Silver, like a Hall of Origin Arceus).

If you're able to, I'll give you my friend codes.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:22 am

I bought this the day it came out and I'm not disappointed. I liked Platinum a lot, but to me Pearl and Diamond were pretty... boring, pointless, repetitive...

Victini is amazing, probably my favorite Pokémon I've got so far.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:03 am

I tried for 2.5 hours to get online to do a trade.

I lost count how many times it failed to get online. It has perfect signal and connects easily before I actually try to go online; at which point it NEVER connects!

I was going to trade a Shiny Female Luxray for two Zorua, male and female. Nothing happens, I manage to successfully send over the Luxray after 1 hour so the Wi-Fi DOES work, but absolutely nothing with Pokémon Black.

Until a few minutes left...
I get signal.
I get into the Wi-Fi room.
The other person shows up.
I communicate with him...
ERROR CODE: 83010.

WHY?! WHY DO YOU GIVE ME THESE STUPID ERROR CODES WHEN THEY ARE COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT? You check the website they give you; doesn't exist even though a contemporary game suggests it and even when I do look them up, the codes don't tell you anything.

WHY DO YOU GIVE THE NAME OF A SUPPORT WEBSITE THAT DOESN'T EXIST AND GIVE AN ERROR CODE THAT YOUR SITE HAS NO INFORMATION ON?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:16 am

TATORZ wrote:Victini is amazing, probably my favorite Pokémon I've got so far.

Couldn't agree more! Victini is amazing! Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Ehhhhh, Victini was too much trouble to catch! Give me a nice moustachioed doggie any day. Pleased
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White Empty A Wise word from Morbius

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Today, I shall discuss putting together a good team of Pokémon.

It all begins with the starter Pokémon. This time round we have Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott. Here are their good points and bad points.

Snivy;
Pros
  • Snivy's final evolution has the Highest Base Speed stat of the Unova starters.
  • Snivy's final form has the highest Defense and Special Defense of the Unova starters.
  • Snivy can work with Victini, as its own moves are strong against Victini's weaknesses.

Cons
  • Snivy has the most weaknesses of all the Unova starters. It sadly hasn't a diverse enough moveset to overcome said type weaknesses.
  • It has the lowest base HP, Attack and Special Attack of the Unova starters.
  • It's moveset has only three strengths, only one of which isn't shared with Water-type.

Tepig;
Pros
  • Tepig's final form has the most diverse moveset. With both Fire and Fighting type moves being learnt on levelling up, it's moveset is super effective against seven types.
  • Tepig's final form has the highest base attack and HP stats.
  • It has the most resistances of the Unova starters when fully evolved.

Cons
  • Tepig's final form has the lowest base speed, defence and special defence of the Unova starters.
  • Due to it's types, it doesn't work well with Victini in terms of battle partners. If worrking together, they'd only match up against nine types and still be weak against the common water and ground types.
  • Because it has two types, Tepig's final form will recieve less of a STAB (same type attack bonus) than its counterpats. Whilst they recieve 1.5x, it will only recieve 1.25x.

Oshawott
Pros
  • Oshawott's final form has relatively balanced base stats, with the highest base Special Attack of the Unova starters.
  • Oshawott's final form has the least weaknesses of the Unova starters with just Grass and Electric type. It can learn Ice Beam which allows it to overcome it's weakness against Grass.
  • With Oshawott's final form being able to learn Ice Beam, it can double the number of strengths with just one move, whilst the other Unova evolutions can't, being able to defeat Flying, Grass and Dragon types.
  • It partners incredibly well with Victini. Their type differences and movesets allow them both to cover a broad range of types. If Oshawott's final evolution knows Ice Beam, they can match up to 11 types.

Cons
  • Despite being inbetween both Emboar and Surperior in terms of stat, Samurott is fairly slow and has a weaker Special Defence.

I think this should explain everything...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White Empty Here's How My Party Is Arranged

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:01 pm

I've decided as this to be my party.

Samurott - Water type
Samurott is a very effective Pokémon to use. It has a high base Special Attack stat and has a decent moveset. It's strong against Fire, Rock and Ground types which can be fairly common within the game. By teaching it Ice Beam, it's strengths can be doubled to not only be able to overcome its weakness towards grass types, but also to take on Dragon types which are renowned for being very tricky to defeat.
TYPES ACCOUNTED FOR: 6

Victini - Fire/Psychic type
Victini's moveset and type compliments well with Samurott. Fire is notably effective, but Psychic can deal with relatively bothersome Poison types and Fighting types. It earns a place within the Pokémon League team. Victini has a balanced stat set, with all base stats at 100, so it is a good performer all round.
TYPES ACCOUNTED FOR: 11

Zoroark - Dark type
Zoroark is has a very good learnset, being able to learn a large compliment of Dark-types moves which are effective against Ghost and Psychic types.
Whilst a Ghost type could do just the same job, they aren't nearly as impressive in terms of stats and movesets, and too many moves have been designed to overcome it's resistances against Normal and Fighting.
It has an impressive base speed and attack, earning itself a place on the league team. Though it is an event-exclusive, someone has offered to trade me two Zorua which will evolve to the fearsome Zoroark. Zoroark is also capable of learning a good variety of Ghost and Fighting type moves with the help of TMs, so it can bite back pretty well with Low Sweep or Focus Blast, allowing it to fight against Dark and Normal types. It's a good thing it can learn Aura Sphere or it would be too perfect.
TYPES ACCOUNTED FOR: 13 without a Fighting move, 15 with a Fighting move.

So far, this is all I've come with, I haven't managed to account for Water or Electric types.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:22 am

Tongue I've got Servine, Watchog, Stoutland, Gurdurr, Panpour, and Liepard...basically, I just go with the first five Pokémon I catch.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 am

Pfft with compleximications...

I have Victini, Pignite, Tirtouga, Tranquill, Zebstrika and Foongus. But Foongus is going... I don't know what for yet. I have Fire, Psychic, Fight, Water, Rock, Flying and Electric.

I might switch Tranquil for a flying with a better combo type, and Zebstrika for Joltik. Or, that electric-titan for electric-flying, freeing me up for another type. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next