The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Black and White

+4
MorbiusMonster
trixtor
Jeeves
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 4 Empty Pokémon Black and White

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Pokémon
Black and White
Release dates;
• Japan - September 18, 2010
• Europe - March 4, 2011
• North America - March 6, 2011
• Australia - March 10, 2011

I've got the White version and it's quite possibly my favourite version since the original 251 (yes, for me it's the original 251). I really like how it feels like a total re-imagining rather than just an expansion - and I like how they've diversed the types, I've always found choosing fire was the strategic choice rather than a preference on the grounds that fire was a scarce type (or at least in early game), whilst water and grass were bountiful. Grin

(Not really spoiling details, just some heads-up)
Spoiler:
I sorta miss fishing (you don't get a rod until you complete the story). Sad

P.S. As I've already been doing, I will likely say I have Black. My brain misassociated the versions due to the cover-legendaries being reversed... I thought I had Black for the first day or two. Blush
P.P.S. I've also got into the habit of calling them Pokémon Blanc and Noir. Tongue

RE: Convo with Jeeves
I take back what I said about Blitzle... yeah, he's no Pikachu but he's damn good! There's this bitching flying-psychic type and he's the only electric type at the moment (also, he learns dark and fire moves... so training him in Pinwheel Forest is a eaaassssyyyy)! Although, I said this when I thought I was going into the ruins (and given the few psychic users in the entrance I thought I would be heading into a psychic-breeding ground... turns out I wasn't going in there yet, so Blitzle was only temporarily useful. Tongue

There's a flying-electric type... GRAH! Ground is immune to his attacks, but because of the flying he's immune to mine! Such a troll Pokémon! >_<

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 4 Empty Giovani vs Daisy - A recap of a WiFi Single Battle

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 am

Two competitors, one victor.

Today we feature two trainers; one named Giovanni from the United Kingdom for whom this is a first time battle, the other is Daisy from Massachusetts, USA who isn't familiar with the meaning of losing, having played and won all three of the WiFi battles she has played in.

Giovani sends in Virizion, Samurott and Volcarona whilst Daisy sends in Archeops, Samurott and Surperior.

Virizion, known to be a fast and effective fighter sadly falls behind in terms of defence and it seems that Archeops has worked it out. A move as simplistic as Acrobatics is enough to take Virizion out.

Shocked at first, Giovani sends in Samurott. Whilst it takes damage from Acrobatics, Samurott uses Surf that quite rightly takes out the troublesome Archeops and the score is evened out.

Both trainers are still in for a chance to win this; Daisy calls out her Surperior, hoping to match up Grass type, but Giovani was bluffing. Instead of sticking to Samurott who lacks an advantage over Surperior, Giovani pulls out his starter and sends in the newcomer to the field; Volcarona. Giga Drain won't be that useful against a Pokémon with 4x resistance to Grass-types.

However, Daisy plans to copy this strategy and pulls out Surperior, hoping for Volcarona to slip up and use a Fire move on a Water-type Pokémon. However, almost as if Giovani had expected this, Volcarona is ordered to use a Bug-type, therefore still having a chance to deal some good damage against Samurott and quite rightly, it does.

Giovani pulls out Volcarona, now aware that Daisy could do the same and send in Surperior, perhaps in a double bluff situation. Instead, Daisy remains steadfast with Samurott, still believing she could still land a hit. She does, but Volcarona wasn't the one struck, but Giovani's Samurott. It's poorly effective, but it still knocks Giovani's Samurott into a tough position. Hoping to use Samurott's Torrent to his advantage to use a water attack that will be super powered at this stage, Giovani orders Samurott to use Surf, but even with the species having a low base speed, Daisy's Samurott is slightly faster and knocks out with Hydro Cannon.

It looks almost as if Giovani's team are almost out, but Volcarona is still powerful, not to mention faster than Samurott and also Samurott has to take a turn out from using Hydro Cannon. Still remembering that Silver Wind was fairly effective against Samurott before, Giovani uses Bug Buzz, which has a higher base power and quite rightly knocks out Samurott.

It's getting intense as both are down to their final Pokémon. Daisy's Surperior versus Giovani's Volcarona. Surperior, using its high speed and attack to its advantage lashes out first with the only attack it can use that won't be affected by type advantages; Strength. But it looks like Daisy just ran out of luck. Not only is Strength the only move Surperior can use, but Volcarona's Flame Body has burnt Daisy's Pokémon! With its attack stat halved because of this unfortunate mishap and its health diminishing, Surperior is in for it now!

Volcarona planned to send off Surperior with Heat Wave, but that attack misses. Looks like Daisy has just a little time left. Surperior's fate is sealed. With it being burnt and its attack halved, Strength is just not going to cut it and defeat Volcarona, and Giovani ends it all with Bug Buzz, which lands a critical hit and ends the battle!

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 4 Empty Re: Pokémon Black and White

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri May 06, 2011 7:45 am

Why do people clutter up the GTS asking for Reshiram/Zekrom level 9 and under? How is that even possible? I've tried asking for a legit Pokemon, and "Level 9 and under" isn't an available option.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun May 08, 2011 9:29 am

i think they're asking for a low-leveled legendary Pokemon so they can improve its stats and allow it to learn moves earlier/easier.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun May 08, 2011 3:38 pm

You can't get low level legendary Pokemon. Reshiram and Zekrom start at 50. You cannot get level 9 or lower for legendary Pokemon without hacking in Generation V, and you can't trade hacked Pokemon.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun May 08, 2011 3:53 pm

Anyone up for a good Pokemon challenge over the internet? This group of dA is for people interested in competing over the net.

I'm due to enter, but I still need to work on which Pokemon to enter (so all types are accounted for and they have decent base stats).

http://crystalchampionships.deviantart.com/
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun May 15, 2011 5:44 am

@3mpty

I see you found the Chandelure coat of arms...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Black and White - Page 4 Empty Laser Cutter

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed May 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Move: Laser Cutter
Type: Electric
Power: 30
Acc.: 85
Effect: The opponent is sliced by light-based blades up to 5 times.

Animation: The target is sliced by brightly coloured lines that move in differing directions.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:52 am

I am still trading Zorua. This time, I have sucessfully managed to breed a set that know Dark Pulse.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:25 pm

I would like a WiFi battle. I have been doing my research, so I now have the most effective team possible. Each type has been covered at least twice.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:38 pm

I would battle you, but somehow my modem is not compatible with my new DS...?

EDIT: I pretty much have every type accounted for in my arsenal of Pokemon both offensively and defensively... hehe...
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Always be sure to check your Pokemon's abilities carefully. Sometimes, Pokemon with high stats may have weaker ones elsewhere. Darmanitan can massively up its defences and special attack when it reaches half health, but because its defences are low under normal circumstances, it might not last long enough.

A Pokemon like Reuniclus has an impressively high special attack, greater so than its counterpart Gothitelle, but Gothitelle is faster and can take a few more hits. Frisk has the advantage of revealing a foe's item, which will allow you to counteract their strategy.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Oh and no legendaries. Sorry, they ruin the sport a little with high stats.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:14 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:Always be sure to check your Pokemon's abilities carefully. Sometimes, Pokemon with high stats may have weaker ones elsewhere. Darmanitan can massively up its defences and special attack when it reaches half health, but because its defences are low under normal circumstances, it might not last long enough.

A Pokemon like Reuniclus has an impressively high special attack, greater so than its counterpart Gothitelle, but Gothitelle is faster and can take a few more hits. Frisk has the advantage of revealing a foe's item, which will allow you to counteract their strategy.

Oh, I have my stats in balance and under consideration... Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:17 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:Oh and no legendaries. Sorry, they ruin the sport a little with high stats.

umm...? You have a Virizon and Zoroark...
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Zoroark isn't legendary, it's event exclusive. And I don't tend to use Virizion when other types can do just as well.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:42 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:Zoroark isn't legendary, it's event exclusive. And I don't tend to use Virizion when other types can do just as well.

He and Victini are legendary enough to me. Tongue

Hm... I could scrap Reshiram, but IDK. I like him, and anyway I need my fire and dragon types.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:46 am

Victini is legendary, make no mistake. Zoroark isn't. It has a signature ability and an impressively effective base stat variation.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:39 pm

....okay I know this convo has been dead for nearly a year, but there is going to be a re-release for B&W. I wonder if I have to get a 3DS or my good ol' lite will suffice.

I guess it might be a good time to reveal my party which still hasn't been in a competitive battle even though I've been refining it for ages. I would love commentary.

So far every team member is level 91 and on its way to 100...this is the most powerful team I have out of all my games Smile

~~~~> Metagross

Moves: TBA...I need to reassess them later... lol

~~~~> Hydreigon

Moves: Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, Focus Blast, and Crunch (I want dark pulse, but I am too lazy breeding and raising another up to this point)

~~~~> Golurk

Moves: Fly, Earthquake, Shadow Punch, and Hammer Arm

Love using Golurk if my Metagorss falls via earthquake against a fighting type.

~~~~> Gyarados

Moves: Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, and Ice Fang

~~~~> Virizion

Moves: Swords Dance, Stone Edge, Leaf Blade, Close Combat

~~~~> Volcarona

Moves: Heat Wave, Psychic, Bug Buzz, and Quiver Dance

....and they aren't in any specific order. Sorry Morb, if we do wind up playing each other, they will be arranged differently. Wink

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Ah yes, Black 2 and White 2 are out in Japan...

Other than runescape, my main gaming hobby is pokemon, so I'm already up to date on all the changes. New formes for Thundarus, Tornadus and Landorus, as well as Keldeo and Kyurem are the most exciting, since though they all look stupidly ugly (especially Kyurem), they're all super powerful.

One tip I'd have for you, Dragon, is that you desperately need stealth rock support if you're going to try and use Volcarona competitively. It won't last a minute without it.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:02 pm

I've got a good team. Chandelure and Zoroark own!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Today is the last day for UK residents to acquire the Movie Victini via Mystery Gift on the game. This special edition Victini comes with "V-Create", a powerful fire type move.

I also happened to miss Darkrai, Zekrom, Reshiram and Mewtwo which were also available on Wi-Fi.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:54 am

Slayer Noir wrote:One tip I'd have for you, Dragon, is that you desperately need stealth rock support if you're going to try and use Volcarona competitively. It won't last a minute without it.

Hm... I guess I could use it, but which pokemon would be good for it? Maybe Golurk, but then Normal and Ice types wouldn't fall for his massively powerful Hammer Arm (290 attack). However since he is already so slow, it might advantageous to do away with it.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:18 am

I don't think any of your team can learn Rapid Spin, Dragon. Sorry, when I said "stealth rock support" I meant for removing it, and I now realise that was unclear.

Get a Starmie. They learn rapid spin and they're generally incredibly anyway
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:31 am

Zoroark is awesome. Just because.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:01 am

I've always thought your furry-avatar looked remarkably like a Zoroark, so that is no surprise to me...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 am

Slayer Noir wrote:I don't think any of your team can learn Rapid Spin, Dragon. Sorry, when I said "stealth rock support" I meant for removing it, and I now realise that was unclear.

Get a Starmie. They learn rapid spin and they're generally incredibly anyway

I don't know about that. I recently caught one and I put it in an alternate team I might design. If I try and replace Starmie with another, my team would include two water types and two psychic types. I hate accounting for repeat types unless Starmie will become a special sweeper like my Volcarona.

I guess I've designed my Pokemon for the Elite 4 rather than for competitions because Metagross can kill Marshal solo, Hydreigon and Volcarona can pwn Caitlin, whilst with my Virizon knock Grimsley to rubble. Only his Drapion beats Virizion, but he is easily smashed by Golurk or Gyarados. Shauntal falls to the whim of a combined team effort and Alder is ripped to shreds by the wrath of Golurk, Gyarados, Volcarona, and Hydreigon.

I guess Starmie can replaced but I don't who it would be most advantageous. >.>

Slayer Noir wrote:I've always thought your furry-avatar looked remarkably like a Zoroark, so that is no surprise to me...

That is what I thought too.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next