The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond

4 posters

Go down

Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond Empty Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond

Post by Handeath Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:35 am

°l||l° Neurosha the Child-Demon (Flesh Diamond) °l||l°

Requirements
Completion of:
The Shadow of the Storm
A Fairy Tale Part III – Battle at Orc’s Rift
Abyss Miniquest

Have:
Level 65 Runecrafting
Level 65 Attack
Level 57 Agility
Level 70 Constitution

Enemies to Defeat:
Agrith Naar (Level 150)
Denath (Level 150)

Storyline
In the midst of yet another battle, Zamorak was losing and ordered a group of demonomancers to replenish the demonic hordes. However, they summoned a child-demon, Neurosha. Rather than have her be killed, Zamorak had her swallow the Flesh Diamond, making her appear human, thus saving her. However, when she struck down regardless of her appearance, she returned to her Infernal Dimension, in her human costume.

Last edited by Handeath on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 am; edited 3 times in total
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond Empty Re: Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond

Post by Handeath Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:36 am

The Mission
If you look Northern Mirror at the Marsh Shrine, you’ll see the famous city of Varrock, except there’s one crucial difference, the city is bathed in a hellish light and blood flows from bricks! However, you also notice a familiar demon searching the city, Delrith. Head to the woman who knows the most about said demon, Gypsy Aris. When you ask her about the Varrock made of blood, she looks into her crystal ball for a moment before telling you that the city is not of this realm. When you ask how to access it, she tells you that she doesn’t know, but she figures that you need something that has a connection to that realm.

Since you now know the guardian lives in another realm, you decide to ask an expert in “dimension-hopping.” Ask Fairy Fixit how to access this demonic realm. Although she is surprised by the request, she says to bring the object through the Fairy Ring system and bring it into contact with a rift of sorts. Once the object has been suitably imbued with inter-dimensional energy, you can open a portal where the fabric separating the Infernal Dimension and Gielinor is weak.

These first two tasks, which may be done in any order, are to wield Darklight as you use a Fairy Ring (you can teleport anywhere) and to use the sword on the rift, which the Dark Mage holds at the center of the Abyss (requires Level 65 Runecrafting). When you complete both tasks, a short cutscene will begin. Abyssal magic swirls around the sword, warping it into Voidlight. (It is now black and red and looks like Darklight combined with an Abyssal Whip. Wielding it requires Level 65 Attack.) You chuckle at the abuse you put Silverlight through.

Last edited by Handeath on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:45 am; edited 4 times in total
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond Empty Re: Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond

Now, prepare for battle and head to the stone circle south of Varrock and right-click Voidlight to “Activate” it. When you do, a short cutscene begins in which you cut the air above the altar and a red and black portal appears. If you have Level 57 Agility, you can jump off the altar and into the portal. However, if you don’t have Level 70 Constitution, you will collapse in pain, activate the sword and return to your home dimension. Otherwise, you will land at Blood Varrock’s south gate and comment on the hellish atmosphere.

While in Blood Varrock, you will be under a continuous Burn effect that remains at 80 damage. (Burn damage is dealt over time, similar to Poison, but instead of being dealt every few moments, it is dealt every few actions, such as movement, attacking, or even woodcutting!) If you wish to leave, simply Activate Voidlight and you will open up another rift to return home. If you die, your gravestone will appear in Blood Varrock.

Head north until you reach the fountain where a cutscene will begin. You will see a small, rosy skinned girl running from the east. You catch up to her and ask her name, to which she replies Neurosha. Before you can ask anything else, you see two familiar demons, Delrith and Agrith-Naar.

Last edited by Handeath on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Boss Fight
Neurosha – No Level
Lifepoints: 8000
Max Hit: 270
Combat Style: Magic
Delrith and Agrith-Naar aren’t going for you, but Neurosha! Since she appears to be human, they are after her with a vengeance. (No, don’t be silly. Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond 612280) She will try to run away and occasionally cast Flesh Barrage near her demonic pursuers, as she isn’t fully acquainted with the diamond’s power. In this fight you have to defeat the two demons before they can kill Neurosha; if they do, you’ll have to wait a few hours for her to respawn.

Agrith-Naar – Level 150
Lifepoints: 1000
Max Hit: 240, 200
Combat Styles: Melee, Magic
Since demons have the “home-field advantage” in the Infernal Dimensions, Agrith is stronger since you last saw him. He now casts Fire Waves, and, if Neurosha runs too far out of range, he will teleport her into Melee range.

Delrith – Level 150
Lifepoints: 1000
Max Hit: 240, 200
Combat Styles: Melee, Ranged
Fully rested, Delrith is much stronger than he was having just been summoned. He can now cause a shockwave attack that not only deals up to 300 damage to those in a 5x5 box around him but also stuns any hit.

Not only do you have to worry about the Burn effect, but you have to also worry about Neurosha’s health! High-level food will be necessary: you might not be the target, but the burn effect will damage you every few steps or attacks. Magic is recommended because moving isn’t necessary and demons are naturally weak to magic. I recommend focusing on one demon at a time, preferably Agrith first because of his Telegrab ability.

Last edited by Handeath on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:37 am

When you defeat the demons, a cutscene will begin in which you will ask Neurosha why she isn’t affected by the atmosphere. She replies saying this is her home: she is a demon! She explains that, when she was summoned in a battle by mistake. To save her, Zamorak had her swallow the Flesh Diamond, making her appear human. Unfortunately, she was killed and respawned here with the diamond, and her human appearance. Neurosha, presuming that you are working for Zamorak, asks you to get the Flesh Diamond out of her and the cutscene ends.

You now have two options: you can Cut Neurosha, killing her as she curses your name and she drops the diamond. Or you can get runes for a Telekinetic Grab and cast the spell on her. If you do the latter option, Neurosha will turn into a demon-girl and thank you. If you ask, she also will tell you what Zamorak mentioned about the diamonds: they were made in the mahjarrats’ first days on Gielinor as crystalized forms of elemental energy. When Zamorak rebelled against Zaros, he managed to collect all of the diamonds in the mahjarrats’ possession, and, when he saw that 4 of them could bind a powerful mahjarrat like Azzanadra, he decided to construct the beacons as locks (and the diamonds as keys) for Zaros’s prison: the Shadow Realm.

After you have obtained the diamond either way, you can activate Voidlight and return home. Congratulations, you’ve received the Flesh Diamond!

Last edited by Handeath on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:52 am; edited 3 times in total
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

After the miniquest, Voidlight works as a powerful sword against demons. It still requires Level 65 Attack to wield. When fighting demons, the Melee Attack Bonuses increase to that of a Dragon Longsword.
Key: Style – Attack/Defence Bonus
Stab – 38/0
Slash – 47/3
Crush – -2/2
Magic – 0/4
Ranged – 0/0
Summoning – X/0

Strength – 71
Prayer – 0
Weight – 1.8 kg

Special: Infernal Rift, uses 60% – You stun the target for 3 seconds (5, against a demon), lower the target’s Attack, Strength, and Defence levels by 10% (15%, against a demon), and deal 5% more damage as a magic attack (10%, against a demon). This attack also disables a Tormented Demon’s shield for slightly longer. You cut a portal, similar to the one to Blood Varrock but more of a rip, around the target, trapping him for as long as he’s stunned.

Last edited by Handeath on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Reserved
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Reserved, can we fix the font and stuff?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:15 am

Fix the font? Will read at the weekend, coursework deadlines are terrible.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:08 pm

I posted the thread from word (Times New Roman, Font 12, Black) and it used those settings. Well, that's sort of to be expected. Embarassed Unfortunately, I had to change th font color to White, so I can't edit it easily.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Unless you paste the formatting, duh... Wink
... But that's undesirable 'cause then you get alignment issues.

Try using the forums font and such features?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:55 am

I did format it here, but there is no Gray font color (the default color) on the color selection screen.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:16 am

You can type additional colours too...

I wrote grey. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:55 am

What series is this
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:37 am

Why don't you read what category it's in. take 5 seconds maybe.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 am

Ok, cna you give me linck to rest of series?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:17 pm

READ THE DAMN INTRO THREAD! TO THE CATEGORY! THAT IS A MASSIVE GROUP PROJECT!
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:44 am

Um, any feed back on Neurosha? Did you like her more in the original? Is Voidlight overpowered? Etc?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:18 am

I'm pronouncing 'demonomancer' as 'demonancers', and I'm really struggling not to fall over a tongue-teaser to pronounce it otherwise. I actually can't remember what word we used to describe the demonology class, like we have Sorcerer, Warlock, Necromancer, Druid, etc. Hmmm... *sifts through notes* Confuse

I dislike your intro up to "Rather than have...". I can't really describe why, though. I imagine infant demons being eerie, on some degree more powerful than mature demons (on a raw level, though rarely honed enough to use it efficiently). *shrugs* I don't know, but I don't imagine them being considered in-need-of-disposing by a general. Tongue

Could an element from the original be added, having to be less than 0kg? It was an interesting element that quests haven't really used before as a combat-quirk.

Also, I don't really like the lore behind the diamonds. It doesn't work. If this quest was to do with Zaros, it would, but it's not. The lore has to be older than Zaros, the beacons have to have existed already.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 am

I see you have seen "The Shining." Kids are creepy. Anyway, Neurosha being powerful doesn't make sense with the context of her being sent to Blood Varrock. Zammy could have made a pitstop, but that seems too indifferent to the, you know, WAR GOING ON! I sort of reflected Neurosha's unhoned great power as her random Flesh Barrages.

The weight thing was cool, but it felt slapped on, and may be much in tandem with the environment, which I kept.

The original thread had better lore on it, something about 1st Age mages experimenting with light and shadow. I probably should elaborate on that in the light of Zamorak's use of the diamonds. Care to hel- oh, wait. Lazy Neurosha, Guardian of the Flesh Diamond 612280
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Handeath wrote:I see you have seen "The Shining." Kids are creepy. Anyway, Neurosha being powerful doesn't make sense with the context of her being sent to Blood Varrock. Zammy could have made a pitstop, but that seems too indifferent to the, you know, WAR GOING ON! I sort of reflected Neurosha's unhoned great power as her random Flesh Barrages.

Actually, I've never seen the Shining. I probably couldn't even tell you what it's about. Wink

Also, all demons return home. No demon dies here. Even being powerful doesn't mean she can't have died. Also, there's no reason she needs to be summoned. Zamorak may have had counsel with the demon realm, he may have found Neurosha there. Afterall, there is a WAR GOING ON(!) and it's possible Zamorak had direct support of demons rather than demonancers forcing them. Smile

The weight thing was cool, but it felt slapped on, and may be much in tandem with the environment, which I kept.
I thought it made sense given the demon-lore that accompanied it (well, relevant lore that was circulating at the time with regards to my Ashes to Ashes idea and early demonology concepts, I don't think we implicitly wrote it), it was hardly slapped on. Demons lose all material possessions when warping - in our demonology we were required to grant them a form to spawn in, as their skin too is lost in the warp. Thus, our own items might be at risks... *shrugs* I guess weight doesn't really make sense even then. Tongue

Hey, I'm not lazy! Shock I've just had coursework deadlines stacking up over the past two weeks. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:48 am

As I said, Neurosha does respawn, but after much pain (as told by ??? the Thunderous, a Kal'gron Demon). I also feel that being summoned doesn't mean being forced, many forms of demonology refer to a "pact." Zamorak could have made an allience with a particular race (similar to the Kal'gron) and Neurosha got caught up.

I win! Grin

I kied, I kied. Tongue I still would like help on Neurosha's report.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:12 pm

I thought about having a Mining or Fishing requirement for physically getting the daimond from Neurosha. Twisted Evil
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:04 am

Hmmmm
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down