The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[P] Everything about Dwallow

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[P] Everything about Dwallow Empty [P] Everything about Dwallow

Post by Zectiox Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:50 pm

[P] Everything about Dwallow 2epiqes

well here again is a thread for everything for Dwallow, as we got a thread for Mogruls

Just posts the apperance so far 3mpty and maybe just other suggestions [P] Everything about Dwallow 54687

Last edited by Zectiox on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

[P] Everything about Dwallow Empty Re: [P] Everything about Dwallow

Post by Zectiox Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:10 pm

okey, so I tried to create a city in runescape-world-map style using simple ms paint, [P] Everything about Dwallow 612280

[P] Everything about Dwallow Cardha11

This is Cardhine, a city of Dwallow, located in the southern parts of Caldorin.

The City
The city was founded by merchants and are therefor a former tradecity. It is now habitat by Dwallows who have decided to live here. The main city includes a little market Square, I was so facinated by 3mpties "stores with locked door" so I had to make some stores myself.

The city is located in the forests of Southern Caldorin, therefor the plenty of woods around and inside the city. The mine outside the city gives mainly clay and tin.

Cardhine Castle:

The castle of Cardhine was a defensive structure which was used to protect the citizens from attackers and monsters. It is a two floor castle, on the first floor there's Nobles/lords Chambers (usual locked) (or a big hall for the council instead of the chamber) and a meeting room for officers. and on the second floor theres just some towers and a archery range for training the archers.

The Suburbs

ün have three suburbs, West-, North- and South Cardhine. These are just some small villages with 1-2 farms, some shops and houses. These have a palisade wall around as the only defencive structure. If a part of the city is attacked the citizens can quickly move inside the city wall and/or to the castle.

I dont handle the fonts so well (it isnt that hard i know, but to make it clear to the eyes with font-shadow and stuff [P] Everything about Dwallow 612280)

and I had to make my lonely old woodcutters hut in the south, the only way is through the shortcut, and then you need to do a quest to evan have acess to the house, to be able to use the sawmill you need to find the sercret passage.. and its really.. hard to find, haven't even found it yet myself ;D

I wasn't sure if dwallows had kings and altars in their city, but it could have some humans in it? just so the player wont feel alone in the new world and you need an altar to recharge your prayer so...

EDIT: I change the rune store to a plateleg shop as well as removed the altar and putted a range, Quest and a.. ehmm.. new costume shop.. (why not?)

EDIT 2: change the name Cardhün to Cardhine, easier to write for some Tongue

Last edited by Zectiox on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Well they certainly wouldn't have a rune store. Tongue

I'm not certain about altars. There's no reason they'd have them. However, is the altar really important? For example, at Ape Atol and Karamja you worship an idol. I mean... obviously the reasons for altars is just to limit how easy it is to restore prayer. Perhaps you can "pray" at relics of the Forerunner?

As for kings, I'm not sure. Are we having lots of small kingdoms, or are we going to go for a single sovereign and just use truer fuedalism with nobles and lords. But I'm not sure that suits the dwallow persona. They are very communal, and I'm not sure a direct class-system works. Perhaps just a council-style?

More to decide, more to decide. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:31 pm

thank you for the head up, I will remove and update the city. But does the city look good in other words? Tongue despite that little rune store...

Well for the leading-part, I think it would be nice of having at least someone who lead the citizens and tiny rule over them.. As Feudalism. One castle with a marshall or lord or noble and some villages that belong to that castle.

Well Im up for anything. It could be cool with lots of small kingdoms.. Like this one is the Cardhün Kingdom's Capital.. Its the kingdoms only city but we could have like feudalism and have some small villages around, where the roads are going for example?

Im supporthing this on ^ Tongue

or we could just have... 3-5 kingdoms that are a little bigger with 1 city and 1-2 towns and some villages..
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:01 am

I'm actually not a fan of the smaller kingdoms. I know scaler theory in games means everything's smaller, but 3 towns/cities doesn't seem big enough for a kingdom. In my opinion, anyway. A constituency, or a county, or an area... but not a kingdom. Plus, the mogruls already have a dynasty system... it'd be nice if Caldorin was less segregated, especially when their society is multi-race. Tongue

Doesn't mean we can't have castles, though. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:06 am

Argh, I want to draw! But I can't stand to use Paint (lack of layers), but photo-manipulation suites aren't really my forte for drawing. I need Flash. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:22 am

well for me I'm more into paint than flash ;D.. or I could use photoshop but I prefer paint for doing this kind of job...

well a town or a city can have a castle, without having a king sitting on the throne.. Just a defensive structure if enemies are attacking...

ehmm you're using english words that I haven't even heard before "segregated" and after translated into swedish it didnt make much sence xD but I understood it is like.. you can have culture segregate.. and then you're seprate the different cultures from each other...

well you draw up the lines for Dwallow so please draw up how they live... like 1 Kingdom or 2 or 10 kingdoms? Or there could be no kingdoms but still the dwallows are building up cities on roads that can be good for merchants or mining/fishing/farming and other stuff, and then they have build up fortresses/strongholds/castles to defend them from rivals, other cities or enemies...

I'm really fine with anything. really! If you decide we gonna go with 2 kingdoms (one in the northern Caldorin, still below Diminor, and one at the southern Caldorin.. the island in the middle could belong to both kingdoms as this could bring up a conflict of to who the island would really belonging to Smile)
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:31 am

Zectiox wrote:well for me I'm more into paint than flash ;D.. or I could use photoshop but I prefer paint for doing this kind of job...

I can't stand the lack of layers. If Paint added layers, I would use it. Tongue

ehmm you're using english words that I haven't even heard before "segregated" and after translated into swedish it didnt make much sence xD but I understood it is like.. you can have culture segregate.. and then you're seprate the different cultures from each other...

Sorry lol, there's you using words like palisade. I mean like... pretty much cultures. Segregation sort of means separated, "Separate or divide (people, activities, or institutions) along racial, sexual, or religious lines". Tongue

I reckon the island should just be undesignated/unpopulated... the whole map doesn't need to be owned. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:24 am

well if Paint would have layers I would ignore Photoshop Grin

well everyday you learn something new Smile

oh okey, good if one place is unhabitat or unpopulated.. Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:38 am

If I may say something about this... I really love the work you've done on the map for the city, and I have no problem with the layout...

Its just, the colours. The green and grey so typical to Ardougne, Varrock, Lumbridge and just about every human settlement in Gielinor, and when I first saw the map I thought "hang on, is that in Pallis or Gielinor?". I feel that you'd get a much more foreign, non-Gielinorian feel to this city if you tried a different shade of green (perhaps something more brown) for the grass, and a different colour for the stone...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:02 am

I've found something called Paint.NET, which has layers!!! But it has a very photshop feel to the tools, so I'm not sure yet. Drawing is definitely easier, though.

I'll admit when the page first loaded and I saw the image before the content, my mind was trying to decide where it was ("is that Varrock?" sort of thing). And whilst I agree with Slayer, I don't think simply changing the colour will achieve the point you're trying to get across (not to say I don't understand your point. Sigh

[P] Everything about Dwallow Lletya_Bottom

White walls, brown floor is just how the RuneScape map is presented. Wink

Alternatively, we could do the in-game style map (a birds eye view of the actual game, rather than the floorplan).

[P] Everything about Dwallow Ardougne_location

It's probably harder to make it seem official, but it might be easier to achieve the feel it's different.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:18 am

3mpty. What you're saying isn't strictly true. You're right that white lines mean walls - I would never argue that...

But take a look at Witchaven and Falador on the world map. Switching the colour of the stone in Falador and the colour of the ground in Witchaven worked brilliantly to give them a slightly different feel to the rest of RuneScape. Whilst I agree that this would have to go alongside with the scenery and the textures, you can't see them on a map. I think its worth trying, at least...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 am

well yes thanks for that [P] Everything about Dwallow 54687 considering.. well we have to deside what "color" the Dwallow as well as Mogrul houses as well as the grass will look like. well this grass is mainly one-colored so I might change the green to more brown as you suggest. And the houses, it depends if we're going to use wooden houses or stone houses [P] Everything about Dwallow 612280

well I made a little tiny village more at the coast still Caldorin.
[P] Everything about Dwallow Morwys11

One new icon. The brown fish to the south is a Fish-shop [P] Everything about Dwallow 54687 As I type the "fish shop" I remember a little of stealing tunas in Miscellania, Does it exist a "fish shop" in runescape or have I just feeling a Deja Vu here?

well anyway, this is a village called Orhine, at the west coast of Caldorin.. [P] Everything about Dwallow 3079

as of Cardhine and Orhine I can still change anything, as of the grass, road, houses... just suggest and I'll change [P] Everything about Dwallow 3079

Edit: removed the palisade, added a beach and changed the grass color to a darker version Smile

Last edited by Zectiox on Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:04 am

@Slayer, I s'pose :Tongue

@Zect, I'm no sure you need walls around everything. Also, isn't the fist store icon a fish on a rod... like in Catherby and Rellekka? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:08 am

hah xD Im infected with "everything have to have a Pallisade wall around it.." well I can remove it. well I just thought of having a fish shop as you could steal from it to get.. Pallis-fishes Smile

the fish store, the rod and the fish sells rods and nets and stuff but no fishes Sad only buy them :S
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:14 am

Depends which ones you go to. The fish stalls in Rellekka sells fish. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:20 am

hah ehmm yea.. you're correct on that.. I just wanted a "fish stall" but yes I can remove it and.. change it or just leave it empty Smile

updated the map anyway.. soon..
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:21 am

No, I only meant there's already a logo. You don't need to make up one. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:35 am

aah yes Tongue well I wondered if we could change the color of the "rare trees"-icon to something else, so we could have rare trees + Pallis-rare trees (with our new trees and stuff... ) Grin
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:24 am

Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin