The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How should the Nightmare look?

+4
Dragon78114
Slayer Noir
Blaze FF8
MorbiusMonster
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How should the Nightmare look? - Page 2 Empty How should the Nightmare look?

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:06 am

First topic message reminder :

For a long time I have discussed the Nightmare within my quests as being a physical being, but we have come no closer to actually deciding on a final image. I've had some ideas, but what does everyone else think?

More skilled in magic than the Mahjarrat, stronger than a Dragonkin and far more menacing than both the Corporeal Beast and Nomad combined. An entire cult following from all species across Gielinor during the God Wars was founded around it, a being that feeds from fear rather than being empowered by faith, so image is everything. You can't have something look to flimsy or inconspicuous, but neither a snarling beast.

Any ideas?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

How should the Nightmare look? - Page 2 Empty Re: How should the Nightmare look?

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:14 am

Amascut wrote:-brit accent-
I assume you want the Cockney...not RP...or any of the others...

Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550

Back to top Go down

How should the Nightmare look? - Page 2 Empty Re: How should the Nightmare look?

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:25 am

RP is the ideal accent. I don't want it sounding like the Hitcher.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:07 am

Specifically a very intelligent, but soft, brit accent, nothing harsh. It should be stunningly pleasant to the ears, and more charismatic than it should seem.

As for the G-man, it's a bit awkward to base anything off him... He's too unique to just copy.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:41 am

I was actually referring to Amascut's "Please sir may I kill you more." Oliver speaks with a Cockney accent in every adaptation I've ever seen.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:56 am

I just thought about how some of the more devoted Shadow Apprentices are chosen. It's not simply a matter of power or intelligence, sometimes it's just vulnerability.

One Shadow Apprentice, Freya Dreadsaw, has been listed in the Varrock Herald as missing for the best part of fifteen years. The last sighting of her was when she was twelve. Now, as a result of a strange procedure, her overall appearance and character has changed. Her skin has become pale, etched with runes across the body, her hair now a shade of grey and she rarely, if ever, eats. It is almost as if the Nightmare planted itself inside her and corroded all she once was.

It is presumably believed that a similar fate befell one kitsune cub just after birth. Her parents were killed in brutal means, their bodies hacked apart. Over her infancy, the cub was subjected to intense torture, suffering and regularly was given specific "treatments", in which her wounds had shards of specially acquired darkmatter crystals were ground into them and left to bleed. Said kitsune is now rumoured to be one of the most powerful and vicious of all Shadow Apprentices to date.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:32 am

Dark Avorian wrote:I was actually referring to Amascut's "Please sir may I kill you more." Oliver speaks with a Cockney accent in every adaptation I've ever seen.

Oh, yes, definently heavily cockney.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 pm

While Guthix Sleeps... The Nightmare Begins
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Now then, the Shadow Apprentices need a theme. The sea slugs had a theme (which consisted of variations of the Mollusc Menace), the Dorgeshuun had a theme (a variation of Zanik's theme) as did HAM (variations of Monster Melee).

So we need a theme for the Shadow Apprentices, one that sort of remixes slightly each time we meet them. Any ideas of how it should sound?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:28 pm

I may sound like I have no clue as to what I'm talking about, and I am because I never really read the original Arzonius or this thread, but consider what brand of creepy/evil the Apprentices are. Conquering? Insane? Eerily Polite?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:20 am

I had this as an idea for the Shadow Apprentices

As well as this

But not sure what the overall feel should be for them. They are a kind of evil that everyone else fails to notice, they've bled their way into the workings of the world in such a subtle way that one word from them would cause disaster. They rely on enemies in plain sight hiding their tracks.

As for the Nightmare...

How does this sound for the slower scenes of it, when it is addressing characters?

MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:39 am

How should the Nightmare look? - Page 2 He_who10

This was drawn by the same person who drew the picture of Sliske for the recent Player's Gallery.

So imagine this, but with;
Slate grey hair, thinning at the top,
A black fedora hat with a barbed red feather,
Black skin, but the windburns still remaining,
The hollow eyes glowing bright red,
The mouth and nose absent, but some of the lines remaining
& the scarf replaced with a shadowy red, clawlike arm.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2