The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constitution is rewritten

3 posters

Go down

Constitution is rewritten Empty Constitution is rewritten

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:23 am

Of all the skills that we have in RuneScape, there is a common debate over the value of some in terms of value. Firemaking comes across as not greatly useful in the overworld, whilst Dungeoneering seems very restricted, thus making it slightly unnecessary to train. However, there is one skill that is both the most important, but at the same time, the least useful; Constitution.

Think about it, Constitution is important as a higher level means we can take more damage, but aside from that, there really isn't a great deal of use in it. That's when I came up with a new idea for it, Constitution should not only be about being healthy, but making others healthier.

In other words, how about using Constitution as a supporting skill, so that you can treat the wounds on injured individuals, players or NPCs? We have spells that can do that already, but you have to have a host for the procedure and why should it be an exclusive to just high level mages? Even at a basic level, players can heal other players without using up their own life points or that of someone else, and the treatment players can provide increases over time, with those at 99 healing far better than food can.

Of course, in order to balance it out, it cannot be a direct ratio of Constitution level being equal to the effect of the healing (it'd have to be half or slightly less). To the same effect, it'd have to take longer than eating food or casting a spell, but any doctor will tell you to have patience (patients?) to be able to cure people.

Ideas?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Constitution is rewritten Empty Re: Constitution is rewritten

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:31 am

The person you buy the skill cape from works at an infirmary...might as well?

But then this might be better suited for a distraction & diversion?

I don't know, but to me, in this game at least, constitution is more of a endurance thing rather than a measure of health.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:44 pm

As a concept, it sounds like a neat addition to the skill. However, there are a few things I think you should consider:

From RuneFest 2011, it seemed JaGex are planning a big overhaul to the way constitution works. I personally think it would work well with your idea, but I think you should make up your own mind on it.

Secondly, what about the healing spells? Wouldn't they become useless after this?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

Healing spells would still have their uses, particularly in situations where you haven't a great deal of time to heal or in cases where it is only one player.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:03 pm

That seems logical. So constitution works slowly then?

My next question then is this: Will these new effects be abilities that simply start as soon as you reach the right level, or items that require a constitution level to equip. In order to prevent overpowering, I'd suggest the second.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:59 am

Well, you wouldn't go ahead and treat a cut or wound without bandages would you? So you'd need a kit or some kind of resource.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 am

That makes sense. I think it would be a lot cooler if you had enchanted equipment that heals magically instead of bandages though, just saying...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Why not blend the two together to have nicer equipment become more available to you as you level up. Also, why not just able to possess it, but be able to use the nicer equipment provided that your level increases? I mean, why would someone with level 10 constitution need something that heals over 250 LP when someone with 85 LP could very well use it.

Also, would this replace the need for food, and then subsequently cooking and fishing?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:47 pm

This idea wouldn't replace cooking and fishing. This idea is designed for players to be able to heal other players, without the use of magic. Food would still be necessary if you can't find someone to help you or are going into certain situations alone.

Healing takes a longer time than just eating, so food would still be necessary for situations where you needed life points quickly. Say you were fighting Nex, by the time you called a medic over and they healed you, you might already be dead.

Last edited by MorbiusMonster on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:50 pm

hm.... then the Lunar spells that specifically heal others would then be rendered useless?

perhaps these kits could have added benefits which could tie herblore in it and make it more appealing. To be honest, this simple idea will only work if there are added bonuses.

EDIT: I like your idea, but I'm trying to fit this into the game's context
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Lunar spells would be useful for healing groups quickly and simultaneously.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down