The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Graaft - Group Project

5 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Graaft - Group Project - Page 2 Empty The Graaft - Group Project

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:01 am

First topic message reminder :

To do

To do:
Create a leader-type figure for the Mentir, to be a main villain - Handeath
Create a good Mentir to ally with the player
Create two minor characters: The Royal Leader and the Democratic Leader

Expand on how Graaft wage war: How much do they rely on their grafting ability for weaponry? Do they use other weapons too? Are there "standard issue" parts for soldiers? - Slayer Noir
Expand on succession for leaders: specifically, how would a leader get replaced? We know the democratic leader will have some sort of election, but what if someone wanted to replace Pharamedes or Kareeb? - Slayer Noir
Expand upon Amesgaizto and religious values - Duskcurse

The Graaft is a group project that me and Morbius have been working on. We're working towards creating a new race and a quest series featuring them. We've gotten to the point where we're happy with the bare bones, and now want your help fleshing it out.

The race is called the Graaft. This is what we know about them so far:

-The Graaft are a strange race that inhabit another plane. Once they reach maturity, they loose the ability to heal, and to compensate for this, they replace their own damaged body parts with others. These body parts can come from other races, and this gives the Graaft incredible diversity.
The Graaft have latent magical potential gifted to them by their God that can help them with their transplants. It allows them to use body parts of slightly less biological creatures. Things like demons, for example, which are magical rather than biological.

-Appearance:
Spoiler:

-History:
Spoiler:

-The Graaft's Enemies

The Mentir
Spoiler:

The Crul
Spoiler:

Strae
See "Lifemaker Strae" in the characters section

- Culture
Spoiler:

-The Graaft's Homeplane
Spoiler:

-Leadership
Spoiler:

-Graaft Warfare
Spoiler:

-Graaft Succession
Spoiler:

-Characters

Xana
Spoiler:

Aschkott
Spoiler:

Lifemaker Strae
Spoiler:

Kareeb The Priest
Spoiler:

Commander Pharamedes:
Spoiler:

-Muroidea
Spoiler:

-A "Good" Mentir
Spoiler:

-Deleriaus
Spoiler:

-Plotlines
Spoiler:

So yeah, that's the Graaft so far. Help us create something epic. Smile

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am; edited 15 times in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

The Graaft - Group Project - Page 2 Empty Re: The Graaft - Group Project

Post by Duskcurse Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 am

Well, it depends on the being, if it was the arm of one of the Bandos Priests?

And well the scarabite and stalker could be more like a religious leader, since I see both of those races as being higly connected to the god aspects of life, specially scarabite,so my Graa can have a scabarite head with the lone stalker eye?

Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:08 am

You probably couldn't replace a whole head due to the whole brain problem. Perhaps half his face? I like a stalker's eye for the other side of his face. He (or she, actually) could believe it allows them to see a person's soul and evaluate whether they are sinful or holy.

Is that all you'd have though? How about having a glowing limb "to cast God's light on the Graaft". In real life, we associate light with God for some reason.

Actually, that reminds me, we need to think of a name for the God in Graaft religion. The one who abandoned them after they betrayed him.

I imagine, by the way, that Graaft religion will centre around trying to please this God and getting him to forgive them.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:16 am

How about Amesgaizto?

And that's a good idea, and well, how about if he changes the upper half first, without removing thebrain, and then the lower half, perphas he could fuse his brain with a stalker eye. And his "god" arm could be made from creatures that are specially breed for that, like the idea?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:09 am

Amesgaizto... I like it. It sounds godly.

I'm going to insist on only part of the face being scarabite. You need make sure the Graaft still looks like a Graaft and doesn't look strange or silly.

So, your character is Verlaia The Priestess. Verlaia is considered a spiritual leader with a deep knowledge of Amesgaizto, the Graaft look to Verlaia to tell them how to please their absent God.
Verlaia hates killing, rigidly sticking to Amesgaizto's ancient instructions, and as such argues frequently with the military leader.
On her trial, she travelled to the deserts of Gielinor and, upon witnessing a dying Scarabite's devotion to their god, saw fitting to take part of their face. Her peaceful lifestyle meant she had little need to replace other body parts, but when she began to become blind in her original eye, she sought out a new eye, that of a Soulgazing Stalker, in order to see better into the souls of other Graaft. Her "God arm", a bioluminescent limb supposed to show devotion to Amesgaizto, was a gift from an "allied" race as a peace offering.

These "God" body parts. Good. This leads me on to the next item I want to discuss:
There's a race who's name we haven't decided that will serve as the enemy of the Graaft. They are money obsessed and seek to exploit the Graaft's need for body parts to make a healthy profit. The "specifically bred" animals you mentioned will be created by them, seeking to exploit the Graaft's desire to please Amesgaizto.
This race starts to mess with Graaft life in order to try and stimulate demand. Heartlessly poisoning the parts they sell so that Graaft will need to buy more just scratches the surface.
So this race needs designing now. We need a name for them, a general appearance and an antagonist character.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:46 am

Okay. Here's an image that I think best suits a creature like the Graaft;

The Graaft - Group Project - Page 2 Temper10

I forgot what I was going to say...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:53 am

Where did you get that from? Did you draw it???

Oh, and answering the questions I asked would be very useful too Tongue
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:30 am

I thought I was going to make my own character dude :l
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:35 am

You did. I just fleshed it out a bit for you because I have nothing better to do right now. You can change aspects of it if you're not happy.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:37 am

I stole the picture from Sax Spieler. What was the question by the way?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:38 am

Well, first, I'd like it to be a him, his name would be Kareeb, and I would like to add that he has many grafted parts from different beings aligned to different gods, in his own quest to find their god, he has travelled around many places of Gielinor. I would like to add that he is higly empatic. I haven't decided on the parts, but I'd like to see if I could have green light for that
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:42 am

Yeah, you and Dusk can clearly do this without me. I can't really be bothered.

I might interest you in a villain called Elder Mutt Strae. He's a necromancer, which is rare to come by with the Graaft, particularly since spare parts don't go to waste.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:43 am

Hey Morb, you can still join us, it would be unfair if I kicked you out
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:48 am

Elder Mutt Strae is an necromancer. Of course, Graaft don't usually leave bits behind, so he's seeking a way into RuneScape to find bits he can put together that would go unnoticed by the rest of the Graaft. Notably difficult seeing as he doesn't a suitable location to begin work, as no large buildings or hide outs like crypts are necessary.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:49 am

Morb, what the heck? You can't leave us. We need you pretty badly, I don't understand what makes you think you're unwanted here...

Strae sounds great by the way. Tell us more.

Dusk,
Your character is Kareeb The Priest. Kareeb is considered a spiritual leader with a deep knowledge of Amesgaizto, the Graaft look to Kareeb to tell them how to please their absent God. He's highly emphatic and so his followers revere him somewhat.
Kareeb hates killing, rigidly sticking to Amesgaizto's ancient instructions, and as such argues frequently with the military leader.
On his trial, he travelled to the deserts of Gielinor and, upon witnessing a dying Scarabite's devotion to their god, saw fitting to take part of their face. From this, he developed a habit of taking body parts from creatures that showed religious devotion. When he began to become blind in his original eye, he sought out a new eye, that of a Soulgazing Stalker, in order to see better into the souls of other Graaft. He "God arm", a bioluminescent limb supposed to show devotion to Amesgaizto, was a gift from an "allied" race as a peace offering.

Better? Just let me know the other parts you want to add in.

Anyway, the question that got missed was about the race of profiteers. We need to start working on them, since they're pretty crucial to the storyline.

There's a race who's name we haven't decided that will serve as the enemy of the Graaft. They are money obsessed and seek to exploit the Graaft's need for body parts to make a healthy profit. The "specifically bred" animals you mentioned will be created by them, seeking to exploit the Graaft's desire to please Amesgaizto.
This race starts to mess with Graaft life in order to try and stimulate demand. Heartlessly poisoning the parts they sell so that Graaft will need to buy more just scratches the surface.
So this race needs designing now. We need a name for them, a general appearance and an antagonist character.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 am

Our main opponents are of three different positions.

1. The Crul, the outright enemies of war.
2. The Black Market Beings, selling botched organs and flesh. We'll call them Mentir (gaelic for lie)

Because of the chaos these two enemies create, the Graaft fail to spot a greater enemy, an insane cleric believing to be carrying out the work of Amesgaizto (I think the "s" and "z" should be silent). Elder Mutt Strae is practising the art of necromacy so that the Graaft can survive indefinitely, the organ hunt not being out of survival, but for sheer fun.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:02 am

I think, realistically, Elder Strae (I'm still really not fond of calling male Graaft mutts, no matter how much you ignore my complaints Tongue) could easily be in league with the Mentir.
I'd imagine the Mentir could easily convince him to help keep the war with the Crul going in exchange for whole bodies to practice necromancy on (after all, they supply them, they'll have plenty). I'd imagine Strae would seek to betray them eventually, manipulating the war for his own gains. Sound possible?

Really, I'd like all our storylines to tie in eventually, so I think this works well.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:07 am

Scrap the name, call him Lifemaker Strae. He was originally a higher tier physician (even the Graaft need top quality physicians for life or death cases).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:10 am

Well I was thinking that he could have the lower body of a blood reaver, the arm of a demon, teh arm of an aviantese and hte wings of an icyene
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:14 am

Nah, Lifemaker Strae considers himself pure blood, using practically nothing borrowed. He believes that in his purity only he is true to his god's cause.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 am

Sweet.
So far, in terms of plotlines, we have:

The rise or fall of Xana - Xana's ruthless ambitions lead her character on a difficult journey as she both helps and hinders the player
War with the Crul - the animalistic Crul repeatedly attack the Graaft city and the Graaft repeatedly attack them back. As time goes by, however, the Crul seem to become smarter
The manipulations of the Mentir - the Mentir will do anything to increase demand for their body parts. They've poisoned the ones they already sell, they'll destroy the trial totem and they'll assist Strae in his destructive plans
Lifemaker Strae's necromatic invasion of Gielinor - Strae is working hard to force necromancy upon both the Graaft and humanity in the belief that it'll appease Amesgaizto, who hated death

Sound about right? Anything I've missed?

Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:18 am

Yeah, we need to discuss weaponry. Some graaft have fashioned their scales to be an adequate defence and be flung from their bodies (luckily substitutes scales are always available, younglings are ALWAYS shedding them).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 am

hmm intresting, well KAreeb believes that their god could have taken another race to protect them, so he is desesperately trying to find him, to this end, he takes parts fro dying members of other religions hoping to find a clue for where their god went. Also, how about that the mentir control the crul and they have done what is happening in the Graaft's home plane on thousand others?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:27 am

Ah, Dusk. You're good. The Mentir already do control the Crul, it was just meant to be a surprise for the final quest. Busted Tongue

I suppose they could be attacking other planes too. The Graaft are far more exploitable than any other race because of their need for body parts. I'm saying yeah, they do go for other planes, but the focus must stay on the Graaft.

As for weaponry, I think we should make it so that weapons are all body parts, in keeping with the theme we have going here. If a Graaft needs a sword, they can source out a natural blade from an animal and graft it to themselves. If a Graaft wants projectile weapons, they'll seek out a creature that shoots natural projectiles and take that. Magical ability can come from parts of magical creatures, such as Xana's wizard hand.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:30 am

Of course Lifemaker Strae is resposible for everything happening here. Start a war, start a demand for parts, start branching out to other planes for said parts and it all can cover his tracks.

Of course, he has to cover his tracks, those "heretics" wouldn't understand.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:31 am

SO Slayer and Morbs, are my grafted parts okay?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:33 am

Morb. I still think the Mentir are the ones really in control here. But that's cool, we can use that as an advantage. So long as I believe one way and you believe the other, the same conflict is bound to come across when we write the story - they're both trying to play one another for their own gain, after all.

Opinions on the weapons, by the way????
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next