The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Graaft - Group Project

5 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Graaft - Group Project - Page 4 Empty The Graaft - Group Project

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:01 am

First topic message reminder :

To do

To do:
Create a leader-type figure for the Mentir, to be a main villain - Handeath
Create a good Mentir to ally with the player
Create two minor characters: The Royal Leader and the Democratic Leader

Expand on how Graaft wage war: How much do they rely on their grafting ability for weaponry? Do they use other weapons too? Are there "standard issue" parts for soldiers? - Slayer Noir
Expand on succession for leaders: specifically, how would a leader get replaced? We know the democratic leader will have some sort of election, but what if someone wanted to replace Pharamedes or Kareeb? - Slayer Noir
Expand upon Amesgaizto and religious values - Duskcurse

The Graaft is a group project that me and Morbius have been working on. We're working towards creating a new race and a quest series featuring them. We've gotten to the point where we're happy with the bare bones, and now want your help fleshing it out.

The race is called the Graaft. This is what we know about them so far:

-The Graaft are a strange race that inhabit another plane. Once they reach maturity, they loose the ability to heal, and to compensate for this, they replace their own damaged body parts with others. These body parts can come from other races, and this gives the Graaft incredible diversity.
The Graaft have latent magical potential gifted to them by their God that can help them with their transplants. It allows them to use body parts of slightly less biological creatures. Things like demons, for example, which are magical rather than biological.

-Appearance:
Spoiler:

-History:
Spoiler:

-The Graaft's Enemies

The Mentir
Spoiler:

The Crul
Spoiler:

Strae
See "Lifemaker Strae" in the characters section

- Culture
Spoiler:

-The Graaft's Homeplane
Spoiler:

-Leadership
Spoiler:

-Graaft Warfare
Spoiler:

-Graaft Succession
Spoiler:

-Characters

Xana
Spoiler:

Aschkott
Spoiler:

Lifemaker Strae
Spoiler:

Kareeb The Priest
Spoiler:

Commander Pharamedes:
Spoiler:

-Muroidea
Spoiler:

-A "Good" Mentir
Spoiler:

-Deleriaus
Spoiler:

-Plotlines
Spoiler:

So yeah, that's the Graaft so far. Help us create something epic. Smile

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am; edited 15 times in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

The Graaft - Group Project - Page 4 Empty Re: The Graaft - Group Project

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:01 am

I think we're done with Kareeb. Any additional personality development can come when we decide what he does in the story.

I'd like to move on to another leader. So Dusk, can I get your opinion on this?

Pharamedes, the Military Leader
Pharamedes is one of the oldest living Graaft, but by no means past his prime. Being the commander of the Graaft military, veteran of hundreds of battles and a skilled soldier, his body is practically a walking, talking weapon.
Pharamedes has never visited Gielinor. He sources his parts from other planes, and so it's hard for the player to tell what came from where.
Through hard work, Pharamedes has taught himself to use 4 arms, something that an ordinary Graaft simply doesn't have the brain-power to do. His lower pair of arms are mottled green, and have natural, jet black blades running down the entire forearm and a few inches beyond his hands, while his other pair of arms, located above the first, are huge, brutish and muscled, beige in colour.
His chest and back are made up of a grey, scaly material that acts as a natural armour.
His legs are shiny black, lean but muscular, and he uses them to run fast - they're his newest part, replacing an old pair that got damaged by the Crul, and he's rather proud of them at the moment. All over his body are small patches of various colours, evidence of many minor cuts and scrapes getting cleared up.
In terms of personality, Pharamedes is a good person, he just believes brute force is the best way to get things done. He cares deeply about his people and leads their fight against the Crul from the front, joining in with every fight and skirmish he can - he never asks a soldier to do something he wouldn't do himself. As such, his army generally respect him. He believes hard work can get anything done, so it saddens him to see his efforts against the Crul failing, and he welcomes the player's assistance - he's not too proud to ask for help.

Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:08 am

me likes, I think that we should flesh out the relationship between our leaders
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:16 am

We don't even know 2 of the leader's personalities yet. We could discuss the relationship between Kareeb and Pharamedes if you like, though there's not really much to talk about - they don't like eachother because one hates killing and the other kills for a living.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:18 am

I think we shouldscratch more of the surface
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:21 am

I personally think there are more productive/important things to do for this project, but go ahead, tell me more about how you think the relationship between Kareeb and Pharamedes would be.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:31 am

I think that they coud be like really good friends, but that htey often clash on their vews on life, Phaarmedes could have been to Xana like a step-father and the likes of that. They could also be the ones hwo truly controll the graaf society.

And we should indulge more on Amesgaizto's religion
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:48 am

How about, they start out strongly disliking one another, but as the story progresses, they realise that both of them just want what's best for the Graaft, and by the end, the two consider eachother friends, capable of ruling the Graaft without squabbling. I think it'll be a nice ending for those two characters.

Amesgaizto's religion then...
All of what the Graaft know of Amesgaizto comes from ancient scriptures which document the conversations Amesgaizto had with the Graaft before he left them.
The Graaft consider his command not to kill for parts to be the most important, as it was disobeying this that caused him to turn away from them.
Religious Graaft believe they should care for other Graaft, as Amesgaizto did. They believe he helped their race reach their full potential, and so aim to help every other Graaft reach theirs.

What other virtues could Amesgaizto have taught? I don't wanna copy Christianity too closely, but kindness and peacefulness are all that really comes to mind.

What are your ideas?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 am

I like that. And perphas he taught them to valuethe parts they take becasue each thing is perfect, and thatthey should learn from the cultures of each partthey take.
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:52 am

You know, I was thinking that Pharmedes could be a youn Graaft, but who is an expert on what he does, I am suggesting that so the adventurer has someone to approach
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:59 am

"When you venture into other lands, do not take only body parts. Take lessons, values and opinions, too, for other beings may have wisdom that you do not" - Amesgaizto

And I disagree with your thoughts on Pharamedes. We already have two young, approachable Graaft in the form of Xana and Aschkott, and it makes little sense for one so young to have risen through the ranks of the military so quickly, or to have acquired so many different parts.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:05 am

ok
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:51 am

Ok, I've scrolled back a few pages, and collated questions/discussions that got skipped over somewhat.

Can someone answer these? If not, I'll assume you're indifferent and just do it how I wanna do it.

1. Changing the names of male and female Graaft away from "mutt" and "stitches" respectively

2. How the early stages of the story should go

3. Tweaks to information about very old Graaft

4. Whether Elder Strae is a descendant of the first Graaft to betray Amesgaizto

I'd like to sort these out before I move on, so answers please. Smile
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:53 am

I think mutt and stitch work fine. I like them that way. You don't see a great deal of gender specific verbs in RuneScape.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:54 am

Slayer Noir wrote:Ok, I've scrolled back a few pages, and collated questions/discussions that got skipped over somewhat.

Can someone answer these? If not, I'll assume you're indifferent and just do it how I wanna do it.

1. Changing the names of male and female Graaft away from "mutt" and "stitches" respectively

2. How the early stages of the story should go

3. Tweaks to information about very old Graaft

4. Whether Elder Strae is a descendant of the first Graaft to betray Amesgaizto

I'd like to sort these out before I move on, so answers please. The Graaft - Group Project - Page 4 3079

1. I'd like to change the names but that is my input.

2. We should plan this a bit more indeed.

3. This should be expanded
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:56 am

I still think they sound rather silly. Both have associations that we don't want people to make. I mean, mutt is a derogatory term for a dog, why do we want that? I think Dusk agrees with me, too.

And, Morb, what about the other 3?

Dusk, I wasn't really worried about expanding it, there were just slight tweaks I wanted to make.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:59 am

Slayer: I meant like adding more physical descripton, how hteir grafted body parts react to aging, etc
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 am

You can write any extra if you want. I'm happy with it as it is.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 am

ok
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:04 am

Are you gonna?

Congrats, by the way, you've just reached 1000 posts and earned the rank of Partisan.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:06 am

Yay, and I think that not
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:16 am

*Pesters Morbius for a response*

Tongue
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 am

*pesters Morbius with Slayer*

Tongue
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Okay... Well I'm in the mood for writing some more
Morb, I hate to dish out ultimatums, but if you don't respond to the other questions I asked by the end of today, I'll assume you don't care and I'll do it my way. Because I really wanna get that sorted and move on.

The Mentir. We already know their character archetype. They're cold hearted, profiteers. But what do they look like?
I think perhaps we could play on the fact that they're "cold hearted" and give them an icy blue skin colour.
They think they're better than the Graaft, so I'd like to reflect that in their body by making them physically taller than them, so that they're always looking down on them. I'd say they're about a head and a half taller than Graaft and humans, but really quite slender.
Most Mentir wear face masks when in the Graaft city, since they think they're unclean.
The richer ones like to show off their wealth and wear lots of jewelry, as well as opulent robes in colours like purple and red.

So yeah, that description is a bit vague, it leaves out their hands, feet and faces and needs fleshing out.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:41 pm

What questions? I can't find them amongst all the back and forth!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Make the Mentir look like rats or something, distinctively rodent like. I always find a smug individual tends to look distinctively rodenty, such as to not engender sympathy.

The early stages of the story should feel somewhat benign, we develop it as we go along. The first part is Xana trying to find the organs, then we introduce the Mentir when more dismemberments keep occuring as well as missing pieces, grave robbery if you like. Then we introduce the Crul, prompting causes to help Graaft like Lifemaker Strae. At the very end, we find that all this time, we've been assisting Lifemaker Strae, the undead pieces and organs allowing him to assume control over the species through necromacy.

Older Graaft gradually become paler with age. Graaft live for up to 40 years on normal life spans, with their organs helping extend it further. Time between the planes doesn't run in sync, so a Graaft may see 10 years of our world pass by in just 1 of their own. Older Graaft are considered special because they have survived so long, with some reaching 200 years or older. In their position, they are sometimes considered wise or strong, so usually are appointed within seats of council should they choose to take up the offer. Whilst they cannot regenerate, Graaft's brains don't deteriorate, so they don't suffer dementia or Alzheimers.

Strae is the first descendant of the first heretic, hence why he shoulders it upon himself to fulfil the purpose when he is instructed to.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:46 am

The Crul should have something of a rocky stature, something that rivals the Graaft's ability to stitch themselves back together. The Crul simply can mend their skin using rocks and stones.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next