The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

+5
Dragon78114
Duskcurse
Slayer Noir
The Empty Lord
MorbiusMonster
9 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 5 Empty Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, let me get this straight...

Most of us here are either gay or bi?

Damn...
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 5 Empty Re: Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm

I'm always up at 5:30am. Natural reaction to an almost life long routine.

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius) - Page 5 Empty Re: Closet Talk (Rated R a la Morbius)

Post by Amascut Tue May 08, 2012 2:27 pm

well, to steer it back on topic... I am not Gay or Bi, ect, and happily have an amazing girlfriend, whom I am completely in love with. I don't have any problems at all, nor am I made nervous or anything else, by anyone that is not strictly Heterosexual, and have several close Gay friends. I'm basically very glad that people are happy, and if they're happy, I have no reason not to be happy for them.

And how on earth can you be up at 5:30. I cannot wake until at least 8.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed May 09, 2012 7:30 am

Hang on. But that means you're a guy, Amascut.

Mind = blown
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Wed May 09, 2012 11:44 am

So the diversity of our team has returned to stereotypical levels. Tongue

On topic, I am straight and a Protestant Christian, further disproving Morb's OP. However, my stance towards homosexuality is really complicated. My philiosphical views use my religion as a postulate, then working from there. So we start with the idea that God's intended plan is perfect, and working against it is a sin, and thus has consequences: homosexuality is no exception. But then what about cars and global warming? Is my daily commute a worthy of eternal hellfire?! And the 'pure' aren't much better either, who do you think screwed over sex in the first place? Mad

I'm sort of with Fang, Amuscut's old name - I think, I don't care about other people's opinions or stances, so long as they can defend them. If I'm mad at anyone or anything, it's that we as a society have become so wrapped up with sex and romance as a whole. 6th grade girls are having sex, for Christ's sake.

Last edited by Handeath on Wed May 09, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed May 09, 2012 12:07 pm

SO Handeath, you too are a straight dude or not?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 09, 2012 1:09 pm

He did say that.

On the subject of Christianity's view of homosexuality:
The only passages that I'm aware of only damn: one account of effeminacy (feminine behavior) and two accounts of sodomy (le buttsecks). Homosexuality is never explicitly stated, except in the copies of the Bible that mistranslated effeminacy. Furthermore, all three accounts are in the Old Testament. Unless you agree with stoning your wife and that wearing polycottons is damnable, then the Old Testament is pretty disregard-able... (no offence, but people ignore virtually that whole testament).

That being said, even if I accept both parts of the Bible: I am neither effeminate nor do I partake in sodomy. I'm gay and not sinful.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed May 09, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed May 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Lol true, plus, the Bible isn't extrictely a set of rueles to follow, it's a group of talesthat gives a message to be interpreted
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Wed May 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Though I will say I am a helpless flirt with both genders. Foxie

Fine, only with my close friends, who are all male. Sad
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed May 09, 2012 2:06 pm

*shakes head in disaproval* Bad HAndeath, bad.....nah just kidding you are free to choose
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 09, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm not sure if I'd describe myself as overly flirty at all. Like you, Handeth, I think the only people I really flirt with a close friends, mostly male. And by mostly, I mean I predominantly only flirt with my male friends and not that most of my friends are male. I'm actually about 50:50.

If I were to split my male friends into people I don't see "that way" and people the ones I could see myself being attracted to, the split is: 40:10:50 (including women on the end).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 09, 2012 2:24 pm

I've got a female friend whom I've know since last year. She entered a relationship around this time last year, and he's become a regular at our house this year. He's a great guy, and one of those overly flirty/banter types. Actually a genuinely nice guy.

Problem arises when we're drinking. He becomes... enthusiastic about me being gay, and insists on kissing. I don't mind, obviously. He's joining us in our housemate roster next academic year. I'm a little apprehensive because I'm worried how far his enthusiasm will go... he actually full on made out with me last time. Sigh I have little self-control while drunk.

I had a dream once that we had a night in drinking and he tried to go all the way with me, and I pushed him off because of my friend/his girlfriend. The next waking day was really awkward because I had dream-guilt, even though I didn't do anything... I didn't tell her though. XD
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Wed May 09, 2012 2:40 pm

There is no greater grief than for a loss that is yet to come.
Zilean
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 09, 2012 3:32 pm

STFU Zilean! Shock
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 pm

I don't understand.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed May 09, 2012 6:37 pm

A bit of a sad story regarding an unfair law and two lovers.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Seen it. It's sad 'n' all but not sure what to say.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu May 10, 2012 2:41 am

Not sure, what do you think?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 10, 2012 2:46 am

I guess deep down I feel it's not my problem nor can I make it my problem. Over here gays have equal rights: we can marry, adopt, etc, and the larger amount of the population accepts us. In America, you're fighting with bigots who will never change their mind. And without ties to America, my participation isn't worth anything.

Give it a generation or two and it'll be our generation running things, but for the most part there's very little that can be done. No amount of awareness would change Tom's parents minds, and the minds of those running the state law about homos.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu May 10, 2012 7:45 am

Actually, we don't have equal rights here in terms of marriage. Under government census and in terms of revenue, we'd be recognised as a couple or a family, but we aren't in legal terms.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 am

It's Gay Pride Day on May 25th.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 10, 2012 9:37 am

Marriage is a Christian ceremony, I merely use the term for simplicity. We can have civil partnerships were we are legally recognised as a committed couple and share the same rights as a straight couple. The inability to get married is down to the church. Besides, even hetero marriages aren't legal until the papers are signed - the ceremony is just for show.

And I'm drunk. So apologies if that is more dyslexic than usual.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 10:56 am

3mptylord wrote:Marriage is a Christian ceremony, I merely use the term for simplicity. We can have civil partnerships were we are legally recognised as a committed couple and share the same rights as a straight couple. The inability to get married is down to the church. Besides, even hetero marriages aren't legal until the papers are signed - the ceremony is just for show.

And I'm drunk. So apologies if that is more dyslexic than usual.

Pagan ceremony*

People were getting married long before Christianity existed. On the other hand though, people can get married with out ever going through a Church, though *generally* a pastor is needed. However, Sea Captains can do it.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu May 10, 2012 4:00 pm

It's a Pagan Ceremony, existing long before the Christian Church had hold, so why do they think they should be allowed to be the last bastion of prejudice in a world striving for equal rights?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Because they are not the last bastion of prejudice, chile is one of those too, I mean, some neo-nazis murdered a gay here
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 11, 2012 6:02 am

Again, I'm just using terms for simplicity. Marriage is recognized as a Christian ceremony, and is virtually only performed by the church. If you can find a pagan church, go for it. My point was merely that no amount of equality should force change upon someone else's lifestyle... gays are all about being accepted, but won't accept Christian's right not to marry us.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun May 13, 2012 5:16 am

There are also Jewish and Muslim weddings, so to say marriage as a Christian thing...well...then how come other religions and cultures marry?

"My point was merely that no amount of equality should force change upon someone else's lifestyle... gays are all about being accepted, but won't accept Christian's right not to marry us."

Not all Christians believe that marriage should be restricted to heterosexual couples anyway.

EDIT:

But anyway...I'm glad President Obama stood up this week and admitted his support of gay marriage! Smile
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next