The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ardougne!?

+4
Jeeves
TATORZ
The Empty Lord
Dark Avorian
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ardougne!? Empty Ardougne!?

Post by Dark Avorian Fri May 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Ardougne...when compared to Falador, Lumbridge, Varrock, Seers, and Catherby it seems like a ghost town...

What could be done to spruce it up?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Ardougne!? Empty Re: Ardougne!?

Post by The Empty Lord Sun May 31, 2009 1:19 am

They're updating the pub lol! Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sun May 31, 2009 10:51 pm

That should help a bit... I don't know why that one pub won, though. Sad
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:50 am

I chose the one with the Evil Chicken Grin!
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 am

Lol, I chose the elf one... but Evil Chicken was my No. 2 and the one that won was my number 3 pick.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:59 pm

I don't recall an elf one, lol. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:01 am

I'm pretty sure there was...
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:04 am

I went with the Poison Arrow as it seemed to be the less cliché out of the lot and believe me all 5 possible choices were cliché on some level.
Anonymous
Phillip

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:07 am

And the Poison Arrow, wasn't? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:38 am

I noticed the other week that there are no Men or Women. I went their hoping to trait my noob's Thieving, forgetting Cakes were level 5. To my woe, not only did I discover that but I discovered I couldn't top it up there! I had to go all the way back to F2P... and when you're level 4, getting to Ardougne is a droll. Sad
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:41 pm

I think the fact that it's just such an out of the way place is the main reason...I mean, it's not a major hub of anything (trading, minigames) and that new pub was a sideshow attraction at best. In order for people to actually go there, I think there would have to be a major overhaul on the marketplace to make it a veritable thieves' paradise. Ardougne!? Icon_biggrin
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12 am

The Thieves' Guild should be Ardougne. Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:16 pm

That would make sense
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:42 pm

:]
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:23 am

The problem is...to create a cool thieving location one would ideally have a relatively wealthy, heavily populated area (think meyerditch fixed up)
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 am

I think to make it work, all you'd really have to do is establish Ardougne as the place for face-to-face trading. Instead of the...lackluster market day attitude Ardougne currently has, it could go all out and just have rows upon rows of merchants and shopkeepers. Maybe even have a makeshift, rickety second floor to house all the additional stalls that have set up shop? I dunno...I just think this could be a really cool thing if implemented correctly.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 pm

I'm picturing a city built in and around a canyon lol, where the main pass across country goes through the canyon with the city on top. This means the traders flooded the canyon, both floor and up the walls, with stores and stalls to catch people on their way through. Smile

Unfortunately, we lack a canyon... so the image in my head is impossible. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 pm

How bout this? witchhaven is moved north to the legends guild area, along with the entrance to the mother mallum thing etc. etc. The legends guild is moved south and the entire coastlien is transformed into a massive set of docks. Rickety houses, shacks, towers are built onto the port forming something of a working slum...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 pm

I'd see that working as the outskirts of the town, but Ardougne has two many wealthy figures and a king. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm going to try and edit the map... I haven't made one in a while and I'm bored.

PS. The RuneScape map obviously, not our scaled-up ten-fold map. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:24 am

Ardougne!? Ardoug11

The red-tint highlights the raised section... so there's a cliff face around it. The whole of the west side would be raised - at least this side of Arandar anyway.

Dark, if you'd be so kind, doodle on it how you think the slums would look -- I don't know how close you'd like the houses or what? It's the whole section the hugs East Ardougne and up to the wall. The zoo needs to go somewhere - I don't know if to sqeeze it into that little gap in East Ardougne or what? Maybe the Legend's Guild could go in the city instead and have it scale down the cliff-face and into Lower Ardougne so there's a shortcut for players who've done the Legends' Quest.

Other than going all the way round, there's two/three ways down the cliff. There's the one near the Battlefield, which would have some requirement to get past the guard; maybe completion of Plague City? And there's another one on the wall to the East of East Ardougne. To access that one you must enter the Thieves' Guild and scale the wall (it goes both North and South, so quick access to the farm patch and to Witchaven); the Thieves' Guild is the large building attached to the wall. The door at the bottom of each is locked until you go through it from the inside.

The Ranging Guild was once a fort, so it could be renovated to look a bit better and, basically, be better.

The wall was constructed before the docks, which is why the docks seemingly negate the point in the wall.

The north bridge is built into the wall (stone on one side, wooden slats and wooden supports on the other). Beneath are several large archways; some still adorned with large metal gates that (hopefully) will never drop again. (their cranks can still be seen on the wall above).

The middle bridge is a stone arch-bridge.

There is only one bank in East Ardougne; where the Servant's quarters used to be. The Servant's quarters are now a bit Norther of the old West Bank, rotated around.

Wizard Cromperty's house is now south of the Forge, which itself is now south of the new location of the Servant's quarters.

The Property Developer's house is the longest of the three clustered to the south of East Ardougne.

The little building on the outcrop near the castle currently has no planned use - if you want to give it one.

It's possible the sewers could link to a pipe that sticks out inside the canyon which players could use to get into the city. This could be combined into an Agility courses to make it less easy. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:09 am

Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:43 pm

It took me a while to notice you moved Withaven lol. I was like... "I'm sure I only had room for the docks I drew. Tongue

Should anything occupy the rest of Ardougne? And do you like/dislike how some of the building in Ardougne have moved?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 pm

Ardougne!? Ardoug13

The only new key icon is the Blue arrow, which implies a route from the upper level to the lower level. On the map it would probably just be ladders, but... since it's a building with two main-floors, I thought it would be better to be more boldly illustrated. On the current map the first-UK/second-US floor is hidden. On this map... would it be the ground-UK/first-US floor shown? Or the first-UK/second-US?

The only times not illustrated by this arrow is the agility course/pipe route, and the Legends' Guild. Oh yeah, I put the Legends' Guild there to see how it looks and Ardougne Zoo north of the city. I'm going to see how it looks in Dark's suggested position although opinions would be nice. Smile

Also, next time I update it I'm adding a Thieving Icon. It just dawned on my that Slayer has a Slayer Icon rather than a minigame/d&d icon... so Thieving could do to have the same. Smile

• That new pub, can't remember it's name lol, is now to the North of the (east) Ardougne.
• The combat training building attached to the current Legends' position is a barracks for the guards/paladins. Players cannot use it as a short-cut to the guild, although there is a door visible attached to the path on the inside. (always locked)
• I moved the property salesman near the upper class market, and I've labelled the servant's quarter with the same symbol (before noticing that isn't labelled.
• Ardogune's main agility shortcut is still there, it's just a fishing aid now in Lower Ardougne. (as you can see, it's not very convenient to try and get across).
• Speaking of, there's another agility shortcut near the Thieves' Guild. It makes the route to the bank just that much quicker.

I think I got everything else.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Ardougne!? Ardoug15

I made the decision *sheepish grin* that the Legends' Guild looks better inside the city. Wink

• The three blue "doors" are actually window-stalls, and the actual entrances (still marked in red) are locked and require thieving to break in). (after looking at the image they almost aren't visible - look near the bank)
• Speaking of, the unlabelled store sells artwork and portraits for your POH.
• The apothecary sells Constitution potions and wears the raven-beak "plague mask". Health potions which increase your max-constitution by a certain amount; comes in weak, mild and mature which increase by increasing percentages and for an increased amount of time. Amount of time being the increase is permanent for a while before dropping.
• The armour store next to the apothecary is a general-smithing store - sells armour and weapons, whilst the other armour store only sells bodies.
• Various cloth stores sell various fashions.
• The herblore store has a little garden with a herb patch. You'll have to ask permission first - but still, a herb patch! Grin
• The pub in Lower Ardougne can be the first runner-up to the pub guaranteed content poll!
• The transportation symbol just to the west of the slums is a fairy ring. The one on the little walkway north of Witchaven is also.
• The rune shop will have some room for speculation. The whole house seems built around a Runecraft Altar - one of the archs is the doorway, two make up windows (with a crossbar added to make the base of the frame) and the fourth the hearth of a fireplace with a large cauldron. The four little stumps have been dug up and pushed closer to the altar to make table and chairs. The table is covered in paper work, books and jars that it's almost not obvious it's glowing slightly.
• The fishing spots around the docks are for new "Line fishing"; for crabs and other small crustacean. The crabs come in small, medium and large and can all be cooked or sold to nearby stores. Horseshoe crabs and various other wildlife can also be sold, but could have other uses. Smile
• The stores going through the pass are travelling merchants who offer slightly better prices than those elsewhere. They do not have stalls, but rather carry their stock in packs.
• The fishing store on the little outcrop near the castle is owned by someone who doesn't quite look human. His fishing outfit is bursting at the seems and much to short on the arms and legs. To add to his obvious non-human appearance, he speaks in grunts.
• He has trunks of gold "hidden" in his cabin and will pay bountiful amounts for raw fish (specifically the ones fished outside his house). This is a D&D however, and he'll only buy a certain amount a day. But at the prices he's paying? Why not?!
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next