The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests Empty Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests

Post by Amascut Tue May 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi guys, this is just a little board for my current ideas and such. Some feedback on a few would be lovely, especially if you don't like the ideas Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests 612280

Jungle Voodoo - A quest focusing on Papa Mambo and Mami Rimba and their secret plans. In the quest, you must find the true nature of Papa Mambo's past, find out secrets about Mami and the Bloodwood trees, and stop the two from completing their plans - returning the long-lost Karamjan gods to their full power.

Spoiler:

Shades of Dark - The final quest in my Rise of Lahzrah series, this quest teams Lahzrah and Charos together to take you out once and for all. In the process, learn the dark secrets behind Charos's past, learn what Lahzrah has done, fight their evil hourde, and save Morytania from their evil.

Mysteries of the Mines series - This series spans at LEAST 6 quests, and tells the backstory behind the Living Rock Caverns, and several other strange areas that have begun to crop up around the Dwarven Mines. These quests unlock diverse new skilling areas, strange rewards, new creatures to battle, and tells the story across not only quests, but their skilling areas as well. So far, the first three quests and the first non-quest Skilling Area are written, and were briefly released, though have been Chewy'd on purpose, as to wait until the series is complete. Prepare to discover the secrets of creation itself as you journey to the Core...

Dying to Please - A cute intermediate quest that focuses on the creation of new dyes, that allow you to dye a variety of items after the quests. However, the magician behind these dyes accidentally creates a nasty Dye-beast, called the Super Rainbow Technicolour Creature, that causes some real trouble. This one is just a concept, but I'd really like to have fun with it.

Runecrafting Overhaul - No name yet, but I'm planning on completely re-creating the lore behind the Runecrafting skill, and writing a few new quests as well.

Prisoner of Glouphrie - But Amascut! You cry, That's already a quest! Why yes, I reply. But who cares, it needs a rewrite anyway. So I'm doing so, eventually. I have lots of plans to make it better, and plan to use them at some point Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests 612280

Last edited by Amascut on Thu May 10, 2012 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests Empty Re: Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests

Post by Duskcurse Tue May 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Well I like all of this, except the Jungle Voodoo, I don't see how Papa Mambo and Mami RImba would like ot block their god's powers, and how the bloodwood ties into all of this.

And regardying your Mysteries of the Mines, the quest the Elder Kiln gives the fact that all of gielinors Mountains and volcanoes where made by the TokHaar, so i don't see how could this add something more, unless you had in hte descent an area for water, other for air, other for plants and another one for lava. Thanks for oyur time, and check my Lacertae quest chain dude, still surprised that you are male Tongue
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests Empty Re: Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests

Post by Slayer Noir Wed May 09, 2012 3:25 am

Really, Dusk? Of all the quests, I think the Jungle Voodoo interests me the most.
Well, that and Dying to Please. That sounds seeeeeriously trippy. Not that that's a bad thing Tongue

Seriously though, Karajama remains surprisingly mysterious. The jungle gods have been alluded to so scarcely that one might believe they don't even exist. But that's good - gives you lots of room to be creative. We don't really know what Broodoo is yet either, and I'd expect, with a title like that, you could at least touch upon it.

Edit: Just noticed "especially if you don't like my ideas" in your thread. Bit negative, but I'll go with it...
If I were you, I wouldn't waste your time revamping Prisoner of Glouphrie. I actually rather liked that quest.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed May 09, 2012 11:02 am

It's not hat I don't like it, I don't see the reason for it
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 5:02 am

Duskcurse wrote:Well I like all of this, except the Jungle Voodoo, I don't see how Papa Mambo and Mami RImba would like ot block their god's powers, and how the bloodwood ties into all of this.

And regardying your Mysteries of the Mines, the quest the Elder Kiln gives the fact that all of gielinors Mountains and volcanoes where made by the TokHaar, so i don't see how could this add something more, unless you had in hte descent an area for water, other for air, other for plants and another one for lava. Thanks for oyur time, and check my Lacertae quest chain dude, still surprised that you are male Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests 612280

Don't worry, it's not that the mountains are created here, but it's the area and inhabitants being heavily warped by the "Core" deep beneath the mines.

As for Mami and Papa, if you've seen my thread on the fact that Mami Rimba is a Jungle Spirit, and know a bit about Papa Mambo, you might have a further idea of my thoughts behind it. The Bloodwood is simply another Jade Vine sort of thing...

Slayer Noir wrote:Really, Dusk? Of all the quests, I think the Jungle Voodoo interests me the most.
Well, that and Dying to Please. That sounds seeeeeriously trippy. Not that that's a bad thing Amascut's in-progress/planned Quests 612280

Seriously though, Karajama remains surprisingly mysterious. The jungle gods have been alluded to so scarcely that one might believe they don't even exist. But that's good - gives you lots of room to be creative. We don't really know what Broodoo is yet either, and I'd expect, with a title like that, you could at least touch upon it.

Edit: Just noticed "especially if you don't like my ideas" in your thread. Bit negative, but I'll go with it...
If I were you, I wouldn't waste your time revamping Prisoner of Glouphrie. I actually rather liked that quest.

Jungle Voodoo has been in my head for awhile, ever since Herblore Habitat came out. I've been dying for a quest to fully expand the story out, and had some ideas for it ever since. Dying to Please was just a cute one I came up with months ago, and now really want to do.

And the only reason I have PoG on there is because of the end. It was horrid. I want to re-do it.

Duskcurse wrote:It's not hat I don't like it, I don't see the reason for it

The quest? Why not? After all, a quest was spoken of around the time HH was released, and since there's been no mention since, I'd like to show an interest in one still exists.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 10, 2012 5:17 am

I'd be willing to work on Jungle Voodoo with you (assuming you don't wanna do it by yourself and provided you can tolerate my lack of skill when it comes to quest-making).

I feel as though I have a point to prove now. I've backed the quest and I wanna show Dusk how good it can be.

Seriously though, feel free to say no if you don't want my help. I have plenty of other things I can work on.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 6:00 am

I'll think about it Smile I do generally write quests alone, though Robo and I have had success (sorta) with The Avian Seas. However, some help *would* be appreciated in the future I'm sure. I'll start working heavily on ideas then, and make Voodoo my priority and get back to you Smile
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 6:42 am

sorry, it's that I haven't been members for a long time and I hadn't time to check on the mami RImba stuff. Also, could you check my own LAcertae thread?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 10, 2012 6:50 am

Dusk, it might be a good idea to rename the thread so Amascut can find it if he wants to...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 7:08 am

Yeha, good idea
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 7:25 am

I'll take a look at next chance Smile

And yeah, it'd be prudent to have met Mami Rimba to understand it.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 am

She is in edgeville, right?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 8:22 am

Yep!
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 8:29 am

Ok thanks, and......check my thread *vanishes in a poof of zarosian smoke*
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 9:10 am

So I talked with MamiRImba, and she doesn't seems normal, but not on the level of I want to kill the gods
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 am

Kill the gods? She and Papa want to return them to power, not kill them, in my idea.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 10:09 am

ahhh, then I was confused, sorry
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 10:14 am

And how is that a bad thing?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 10:54 am

Because... well... Let's just say "Have you see the Broudoo Victims? There's a very good reason they're that way"

Also - Added in my current planned reqs for the Jungle Voodoo quest.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 10:57 am

But I like Broodoo Victims D:
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 10:58 am

Speaking of Broodoo, you could add that asa reward, the Broodoo Skill
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 12:14 pm

That'd be a little high-level to be a skill unlocker!
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 12:17 pm

But would make it more epic, also, care to, sorry to bother you so much with this, but check my Lacertae thread?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Thu May 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Duskcurse wrote:But would make it more epic, also, care to, sorry to bother you so much with this, but check my Lacertae thread?

I will when I get more free time - It's 12 pages!
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 10, 2012 2:03 pm

It's all condensed on the first page Tongue

So, with you Voodoo quest, can we see an update to Broodoo equipment/stuff?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next