The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ending The Fight For Resources

+3
Dragon78114
MorbiusMonster
Slayer Noir
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ending The Fight For Resources - Page 2 Empty Ending The Fight For Resources

Post by Slayer Noir Sun May 13, 2012 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

In the Runespan, nodes last longer if more people are siphoning from them.
I like this. It means that rather than fighting over resources, people cooperate, trying to get eachother together to maximise everyone's XP yield. The atmosphere in the Runespan is far more friendly than that at, say, the Varrock Yews, and I think it's part of what makes the Runespan an enjoyable experience.

So, how could this concept be applied elsewhere?

Mining
Spoiler:

Fishing
Spoiler:

Hunter
Spoiler:

Woodcutting
Spoiler:

Anything else?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Thu May 17, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Ending The Fight For Resources - Page 2 Empty Re: Ending The Fight For Resources

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 17, 2012 8:56 am

Perphas some of your plane deas could be applied to mining

Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Ending The Fight For Resources - Page 2 Empty Re: Ending The Fight For Resources

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 11:48 am

Mines now visually appear as crescent-shape formations with mineral veins on all the inner sides. These have a similar experience gain to RuneSpan creatures. They provide a small amount of experience per tick/swing of the axe, and experience upon successfully mining ore. This experience rate, while an improvement on the current, is the slowest experience gain but faster ore gain compared to my next idea.

Every so often, rocks will fall off creating "nodes" (they spawn a small distance away from the mineral veins). These grants much faster experience rate, but slower ore rate: i.e. the experience per tick/swing is much better, but the rate of ore is slower. The node-spawn rate is a chance when obtaining ore. The more people mining at a particular mine will increase the spawn rate due to more people potentially knocking them off.

Both the veins and rocks are multi-ore, and last for a similar length of time to their counterparts in Runespan (i.e. on a similar algorithm of players vs. total resources).

There should be a "cave" distraction and diversion (similar to fire spirits) where you occasionally find a cave when mining mineral veins. These are instance based and only for you. Inside the cave will be chests, occasionally a giant of some description (fire spirit's loot table), or a water spring that you can wish at to gain a particular reward (such as bonus mining experience, or auto-banking for a small period of time, bonus experience rate, etc). Upon completing the little task inside, a micro-cutscene of the cave collapsing happens and you jump out back at the mine. (For realism's sake, it could always be "You feel a tremor, and jump out just in case." and so it's the same cave everytime, rather than one wall having lots of caves in it).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 17, 2012 7:31 pm

Love it, but it doesn't have enough cooperation-based elements in it in my opinion...

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Thu May 17, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 7:33 pm

*shrugs*
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Just making the veins give either more XP or more ore will sort it out Tongue
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 7:41 pm

But the rocks spawning at a rate that's increased by people mining the veins? Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Just not enough if you ask me Tongue
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 7:46 pm

It's hard to make a natural resource communal... Duuurrrr
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 pm

In reality, maybe. In a game, no problem Tongue

Are we happy to officially change this from a discussion to a suggestion, by the way???
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 7:49 pm

More than happy. It's actually an interesting topic. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 8:15 pm

I can move the thread or you can make a new one. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 17, 2012 9:26 pm

OP updated, name changed, this is now officially a suggestion Grin
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Fishing needs to be released like tomorrow or something. I swear I'm going to an hero...
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Fish Flingers could potentially be the answer to fishing. So I've understood, the fishing conditions are global per competition: players can share the information. Think of it as a game of mastermind where you can tell other players the answer once you've figured it out.

Fishable waters would be coloured differently to your usual water, to distinguish it, but in fishable waters the entire area is open for grabs. Players throw out a line and wait for a bite; and are required to search the area until they get one. Fishing experience is earned per tick on the water (searching for fish is valuable experience). Once you've found the fish, you will begin fishing: hauling in fish and auto-returning to the same spot. Moreso, while fishing, you have to select the correct bait and hook from the tackle box. The tackle display will appear above the inventory in free-display mode, or snug in the bottom-right corner of the game screen in bound-display mode (it can be minimized). Selecting the correct bait will increase the probability of a specific fish, and the hook will increase the speed of catching fish. Each time a spot "depletes", the fish's preferences will change.

Cage and net fishing will be unaffected.

Or something to this degree. Smile

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri May 18, 2012 12:15 am

Say, 3mpty, you can use your administrator powers to edit other people's posts, can't you? Do you just wanna edit my OP to add in your ideas as you see fit?

As for the fishing, be careful not to ruin Fish Flinger's niche.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 18, 2012 12:34 am

Fish Flingers is all about the contest. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri May 18, 2012 12:44 am

Then I'm very much confused :S
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 18, 2012 12:45 am

In a busy world you compete with other players for the best catch. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri May 18, 2012 1:56 am

So how does that make it a solution to competition for resources?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon May 21, 2012 2:40 am

Sooo any news on this?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon May 21, 2012 2:44 am

We seem to have mining figured out. Fishing is mostly 3mpty's ideas so far, so I figured he might want to finish it off. Woodcutting and Hunter need work.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon May 21, 2012 2:56 am

My fishing ideas were all over the place. xD
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon May 21, 2012 3:21 am

SO how about if for hunting we have huntig safaris or hunting parties, we could also have fox hunting using dogs, or convict hunting, you know, tracking them, capturing htem, and hten handing them over local authorities
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon May 21, 2012 3:42 am

3mpty, if your ideas are all over the place, tidy them up. I'm certain there are some gems hidden in there.

And Dusk, I rather like your ideas. Hunting safaris or hunting parties. Both could be concepts worth working with.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon May 21, 2012 3:47 am

I don't wanna rip of Fish Flingers though. I've experience my first game today with multiple people... we helped each other catch the best fish. It felt awesome... if sacrificing a minigame for the greater good is required to have fishing always feel like that: so be it!
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon May 21, 2012 3:49 am

Are you sure you can't create an alternative that achieves the same?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum