The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ending The Fight For Resources

+3
Dragon78114
MorbiusMonster
Slayer Noir
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ending The Fight For Resources - Page 3 Empty Ending The Fight For Resources

Post by Slayer Noir Sun May 13, 2012 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

In the Runespan, nodes last longer if more people are siphoning from them.
I like this. It means that rather than fighting over resources, people cooperate, trying to get eachother together to maximise everyone's XP yield. The atmosphere in the Runespan is far more friendly than that at, say, the Varrock Yews, and I think it's part of what makes the Runespan an enjoyable experience.

So, how could this concept be applied elsewhere?

Mining
Spoiler:

Fishing
Spoiler:

Hunter
Spoiler:

Woodcutting
Spoiler:

Anything else?
Spoiler:

Last edited by Slayer Noir on Thu May 17, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Ending The Fight For Resources - Page 3 Empty Re: Ending The Fight For Resources

Post by Slayer Noir Mon May 21, 2012 3:49 am

Are you sure you can't create an alternative that achieves the same?

Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Ending The Fight For Resources - Page 3 Empty Re: Ending The Fight For Resources

Post by Duskcurse Mon May 21, 2012 3:51 am

Soo Slayer, care to give me an input on all of my ideas, including crimminals hunting
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon May 21, 2012 3:55 am

Fox Hunting a few years ago was a very contraversial topic. I'm not sure Jagex would wanna include it.

As for Criminal Hunting. I dunno - I guess I always thought hunter was for animals. I think this has less potential than your other two ideas, Safaris and Parties.

So my question about the two concepts I think you should pursue is this: How do they relate to existing solo methods - are they a replacement for them, an alternative way of doing them, or something completely different? What incentive do players have to use these over traditional solo methods?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon May 21, 2012 4:01 am

Well, it's a way to train huting but with friend, the faster they catche the animal the better experience htey get, and foxes was just an idea it can be anything really, it would be similar to falcon hunting, but it'd require agility as you run after the animal, and strenght to carry the gun/crossbow/bow, or you could hcase the animal and your friends set up a trap.
What I meant is that with this you could be able to train agility, due to the need to keep on par with the hound, you could corner the animal into a trap set up by your friends, or an ambush with your hounds, or you could corner the being into a trap, like a bear trap. Then you could flay the being and use it to craft things. This would give hunting and agility exp, agility for runing with the hound, and hunter for catching hte being, this would also give the potential for crafting experience.

ANd the safari thing would be about hunting animals, ut not killing htem, I mean capturing htem alive, or take a picture/make a sketch of them, this'd provide you hunter experience as you'd need to track the being, the deeper you need to track it, the more rare it would be, and it'd give you more experience. What I meant whith this, is that it'd be a more "peaceful" form of hunting, the objective would be to follow the creature to it's nest to capture an egg, or possibly the creature, this'd be done after watching the creature for some time, and gathering informatin, along with a sketch, this'd train both, hyunter and constitution as you'd learn the weakness of the monster, and theh unting exp would come from tracking down the creature, the harder to find the creature, the more experience, and hte more time you watch it, the more consitution exp.

Last edited by Duskcurse on Mon May 21, 2012 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon May 21, 2012 4:24 am

Slayer Noir wrote:Are you sure you can't create an alternative that achieves the same?

I guess I could try. Sigh
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon May 21, 2012 4:51 am

Good luck 3mpty
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Mon May 21, 2012 9:48 am

Comments on my idea?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon May 21, 2012 11:30 pm

They're great ideas, Dusk, but I still don't really see how they're going to end the fight for resources.

I don't think it's meeting the design brief right now, but I'm starting having doubts over whether it ever will - perhaps hunter doesn't suffer from these problems because it's not rewarding enough to start with. Perhaps a separate "Hunter Revamp" suggestion is needed...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue May 22, 2012 7:25 pm

I got a neat idea for a mining minigame/distraction, not sure it fits here as it's a resource-less way to train. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Tue May 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Give it it's own thread then. Could be a nice little footsoldier for our suggestion army
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed May 23, 2012 8:38 pm

They really need to add tanning to the game.

It's like cleaning herbs. Players should get some experience for performing a service to the players who are just buying their skills.

Maybe the tanner charges you to use his kit, but this is like 60% cheaper because you're doing the work yourself.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 am

-massive possibility orgasm-

I have to contribute!

Spoiler:
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed May 30, 2012 12:38 am

Hmm. I've thought about it long and hard and I still think Hunter needs it's own revamp thread - there's so much more that needs to be done with it, largely because it's just not rewarding enough as it is, and thus doesn't really have the same sort of competition over resources.

Do you guys agree with that, or would you rather it stayed on this thread?

And Jero - can I add to your idea and say that rather than the tree spontaneously gaining a shield, the large amount of cutting causes a tree spirit to appear and create the shield?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Thu May 31, 2012 8:50 am

Well, it's not exactly a shield. There's a tree in Australia, I think it was, that developed a shield-like thing to deter some harmful insects, and the other trees in a certain mile's radius started developing the same anti-bad-bug-thingies as well, so trees communicate. That's what I meant by that ^^ Although hey, runescape is magic for a reason Grin
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu May 31, 2012 9:57 pm

The trees probably have some sort of stress response that turns on a gene to produce a natural pesticide or thickens their bark so the insects can't penetrate it, releasing some form of plant hormones or pheromones to trigger the response in nearby trees.

However, I think it might be beyond the realms of biological possibility for this shield to stop the tree being felled while yielding more branches.

And when something you're suggesting is beyond what science allows... you throw in magic! Works every time Tongue
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu May 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Or the tree could become an ent
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu May 31, 2012 10:12 pm

They could always make evil trees much more common and not exclusively one-per-world.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:29 am

Still, there's the limit of 2 trees per day.
blank
blank
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:53 am

For sure limit the rewards to twice a day, but the lopping experience could accessible more.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Thieving: talking to the targets will decrease their awareness. Teams of players can take turns talking to the target so that the rest of the team may pickpocket more easily. Perhaps even have thieving experience awarded to the lure, but make it so that the target will punch them as well and exclaim "there are no heroes among thieves".

To avoid damaging people legitimately talking to a thieve's targets, perhaps at a "Sweet Talk" option. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum