Song from the Depths

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Song from the Depths

Post by Duskcurse on Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 am

First topic message reminder :

May Behind the Scenes wrote:
The villagers of Rimmington have been falling afoul of what seems to be a strange spell: one so potent that several of them have been asleep for days, even weeks, seemingly sharing a powerful dream. Local physicians are stumped as to why, and they need a new hero to solve the mystery. The Raptor - an enigmatic figure whose involvement scares many as much as the sleeping curse itself – has gone ahead of you, and the families of the sleeping men are relying on you to rescue their loved ones intact!

In this brand new quest, available to all members and with no entry requirements, you’ll be able to gain access to a new upgradable crossbow and several hidden XP rewards while trying to free the innocents from the grip of this most crippling condition. Very high-level players will also appreciate the final reward: a passive damage-reduction buff, active during one of the most highly anticipated boss fights of all time…

Discuss about the new quest, what new lore it might bring, your thoughts on the role of hte mysterious, The Raptor
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Song from the Depths

Post by MorbiusMonster on Mon May 21, 2012 11:56 pm

He owes Theta Magnus, that's all you need to know.

MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2637

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir on Tue May 22, 2012 1:18 am

Oh Morbius. Why must you talk about Arzonus as if it's income canon?
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse on Tue May 22, 2012 2:54 am

Morbius, this is about the Queen Black Dragon, and I agree with Slayer a bit
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jeroenvt on Wed May 23, 2012 9:23 am

MorbiusMonster wrote:Judging by the title, we could be introduced to a new species, perhaps sirens.

This kind of makes my idea "Scream of the Sirens" outdated if this were to occur.

You... Don't be so accurate Meow

Regardless, I found it a very enjoyable quest, with fun, easy puzzles. It was interesting enough, and it's tied to the Dragonkin, so I doubt it's a standalone quest.

I'd say more, but it's past midnight, and I have school, so I'll get back to you on this Meow
jeroenvt
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jeroenvt2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:42 am

jeroenvt wrote:
MorbiusMonster wrote:Judging by the title, we could be introduced to a new species, perhaps sirens.

This kind of makes my idea "Scream of the Sirens" outdated if this were to occur.

Regardless, I found it a very enjoyable quest, with fun, easy puzzles. It was interesting enough, and it's tied to the Dragonkin, so I doubt it's a standalone quest.

I'd say more, but it's past midnight, and I have school, so I'll get back to you on this Meow

also, Morb, your guess about the Raptor being a douche was correct. He was a complete douche. I kinda like that it deviates from the stereotypical hero.

Is it tied to kin? I must have missed the connection.
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir on Wed May 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Who do you think created the QBD, Dragon?

And yeah Morb, it seems you've done really rather well with your predictions
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3mptylord on Wed May 23, 2012 6:44 pm

jeroenvt wrote:

It wasn't obvious it'd include sirens? I didn't realize only Morb thought that. "Song From the Depths"... I mean, duh. Wink

Also, she was a mermaid wasn't she? Or, at least, in this lore a siren is a mermaid-witch (I'm one for a better word) than a standalone species.

Dragon78114 wrote:Is it tied to kin? I must have missed the connection.

The symbol that you had to find on the floor was the half-stone-half-star symbol that has been following the dragonkin around.

Slayer Noir wrote:Who do you think created the QBD, Dragon?

One of my favourite quests in a long time, and if that standard permits and Jagex really does voice every character in the game... RuneScape will become THE best MMO. No questions asked. The cutscene where the dragon ate you was truly astonishing, compared to a lot of the other cutscenes anyway. Jagex has really gotten the hang of their engine now.

As for the QBD? Until just now I would have said she is the tortured soul that Remora found. But after being reminded about the dragonkin's "involvement", I thought that perhaps the tortured soul is someone else entirely. I think she perhaps encountered dragonkin who then, in turn, created the most powerful dragon (since Remora states that the soul she created was the most powerful she'd ever encountered, and the dragon create dragons from their own essense).

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
If all good things come to an end then we're living in a world where evil wins. 

If there once was love then maybe something survived. If we find a single diamond in the rough then it's worth it. Through a thousand tears if there's one drop of love then it's worth it. 
3mptylord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7343

View user profile http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeroenvt on Thu May 24, 2012 6:02 am

Also, Dragon, did you not notice the Dragonkin symbols scattered throughout the quest?
jeroenvt
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jeroenvt2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:54 pm

lol I'm still trying to figure out the Mahjarrat yet alone the Dragonkin and no I did not pick up on that... >.>
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top