The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat: Scape

+4
Dragon78114
Duskcurse
Slayer Noir
The Empty Lord
8 posters

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Chat: Scape - Page 5 Empty Chat: Scape

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm still around a mates and her Internet has just been cut off... So we can't discuss this in game until tonight/tomorrow.

Redid skills section in light of our discussion.

Quicklink: Scape
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Chat: Scape - Page 5 Empty Re: Chat: Scape

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:47 am

Code:
#REDIRECT[[:NAME]]

"1) When you said htere might be gods

2) But as it often happens with beings with such power, they tend to get deificated by the races they helped develop"

1) I said the Raani might have a goddess.
2) There aren't such races. The Forerunner developed society.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:49 am

"1) I said the Raani might have a goddess.
2) There aren't such races. The Forerunner developed society."

1) Ok

2) My point stll stands, I mean, look at theKrogan from Mass Efect, or, for a beter example, the Drell and the Hanar
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:01 am

The Krogan have a god?

And the Drell and Hanar are good examples... but unless the Diminor are religious, there are no more races...

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:05 am

What exactly am I meant to do with that code? Just chucking it into source mode didn't work...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:14 am

You stick it on the page you want to redirect; with the name being the page you want to redirect it to.

For example, I put this on "Falls":
Code:
#REDIRECT[[:The Falls]]

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:16 am

Also, the Hanar with the Protheans? Or the heretic Geth with the reapers?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:23 am

I did what I thought you meant and now I need to know how to delete pages too...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:31 am

Maybe I need to start again:

The Antare worship the collective gods, similar to the Romans (whom adopted the gods of all they conquered; although the Antare do it peacefully).

The only other major race in Toba are the Mogrul. Mogrul pray to the Earth Mother and her spirits; these are akin to a pantheon of gods, I guess. The Hunter, The River, etc. They are not gods though. I guess you could consider this a religion still, but Mogurl-Antare relations would make it unlikely that the Antare would know much about it... since communications lead to the fall of the Antare Empire.

In Caldoran, it is Dwallish nature to be without-religion. This does not mean they do not believe in the existence of gods, but they have none of their own. If the Antare wish to keep record of the Forerunner, so be it. Raani have little decided lore as of yet, and I'd happily grant them a goddess.

So that makes the Antare's god, the Forerunner and the Goddess. Still doesn't strike me as enough to warrant a multi-religion centre.

(P.S. I meant there aren't any more races on Pallis; not in Mass Effect).
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:44 am

3mptylord wrote:Maybe I need to start again:

The Antare worship the collective gods, similar to the Romans (whom adopted the gods of all they conquered; although the Antare do it peacefully).

The only other major race in Toba are the Mogrul. Mogrul pray to the Earth Mother and her spirits; these are akin to a pantheon of gods, I guess. The Hunter, The River, etc. They are not gods though. I guess you could consider this a religion still, but Mogurl-Antare relations would make it unlikely that the Antare would know much about it... since communications lead to the fall of the Antare Empire.

In Caldoran, it is Dwallish nature to be without-religion. This does not mean they do not believe in the existence of gods, but they have none of their own. If the Antare wish to keep record of the Forerunner, so be it. Raani have little decided lore as of yet, and I'd happily grant them a goddess.

So that makes the Antare's god, the Forerunner and the Goddess. Still doesn't strike me as enough to warrant a multi-religion centre.

(P.S. I meant there aren't any more races on Pallis; not in Mass Effect).

One can learn a lot from observing. And most of the times, when a culture adopts a religion/god, they tend to expand upon it, or perfect it. Or even divide it into small churchs.

(P.S. I know, just wanted to give more examples to clarify. Also, were can I download it?)
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 am

I assume the same place you'd acquire any other content.

I purchased mine from Origin.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 am

I think I need to try and settle this:

The idea of a multi-religious temple in Pallis over complicates the ideas of Gods that we have there and would be much more suited to one of the multi-cultural cities in Janzar.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:06 am

Tbh, I don't know why we are so complicated, it was600 years ago, things are bound to change Confuse. WOuld you be happy if it was for religions and philosophies 3mpty?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:13 am

It overcomplicates things because we're unsure just how much religion we want on Pallis currently and the nature of religion on Pallis is already complex, with things like the Forerunner acting like Gods without actually being Gods.

Even if I wasn't trying to simplify things and stop a circular argument, this temple is still much better suited to somewhere like Fawkes, Dawn or Falls.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 am

You know, that those temples are nothing more than life-sized sculptures now, right? I mean, the symbols have worn off with time, the texts are slabs of crystal, the altars show symbols that without a priest, or text to interpret them mean nothing. It's just a pretty place right now.

An actual multicural temple could be found one of the cities you jsut mentioned
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:28 am

If it's nothing more than a decoration then why do you care so much as to argue for it this long?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:42 am

Not a decoration, I mean, in the actual state that the temple complex is, it doesn't goes against what 3pty says, sicne there is no longer nothing that indicates to other religions, existing or otherwise dead. ANd for why I am arguing, I prefer to call it a discussion, because I don't see it in a bad tone, and i I offended either of you I am sorry, but to the point, I am a terrible looser, so I prefer to keep defending my argument until it's proven 100% wrong, sorry D:
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:48 am

But, speaking about other things, you said that the Falls connect Janzar with Pallis. But, how does this works? I am asking because I might have an idea, and I don't want to have to change yours
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:55 am

Arguments don't necessarily have to be in bad tone, Dusk.

I was going to have baskets on winches carrying people up, but I have little emotional attachment to the idea and am open to other ones.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 am

Well, if this still stands, I remember that the sea of clouds had areas charged with magic, that, when they drifted away, were called the mist*, and woudn't carrying people on baskets expose them to the mist that I am sure roams throught the sea? Well, I was thinking that, it could be done in three steps.

1) People are carried in baskets/capsules/other method to a safe station located above/in the sea of clouds.

2) People are outfitted with special, protective equipment, so as to not to suffer damage in the remaining part of the voyage.

3) They are dropped in a city/station located in a point in Pallis, were they must buy a pass, kinda like the shantay ones.

Like it?

*WHy do I have this memory that on the edge of the sea of Clouds on Pallis's side was a massive fortress?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:14 am

There can be a temple of apparent religious importance. We'll never know. There's no living records, and the living antare don't remember it. Problem solved. It doesn't matter what it stood for.

Although, mentioning the Roman's stance on gods made me want something like it. Although lack of gods makes that difficult. Wink

Should we have fictitious gods in Janzar? To quote Game of Thrones, "I prayed to the old gods and the new." (the old being real and the new being status unknown but presumed fictitious from a scholarly standpoint).

As I imagined, Falls did not connect to Pallis. It resides cliffside, and the iconic waterfall descends from Pallis... but I never imagined it being possible to move between them via Falls. To be honest, I haven't overly thought of means to get up top.

As for the mistrise, I think that it's mutation properties might have to be scratched. It was a neat idea... but I think that making the brink deadly ruins the atmosphere of looking out onto infinity, the fast Cloud Sea, the potential for cloud-based sea-metaphors (like sailing, fishing, etc).

P.S. I'm still massively lagging on this forum. My internet is working fine other than this site, so I don't know what's going on.

You can redirect/link to parts of an article.

Code:
Example of redirecting: #REDIRECT[[History (Scape)#The Age of the Gods]]
Example of link: [[History (Scape)#The Age of the Gods|The Age of the Gods]] (the content after the | is the visible text)
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:27 am

I think that the mutating properties of the mistrise don't need to be scrapped necesarily, I mean, in Janzar they could have means to halt, or control those mutations. i mean, it'd add cool things. HEck, the mistrise could be "farmed"* to get Catalyst by the people of Janzar.

I think that making the brink deadly ruins the atmosphere of looking out onto infinity, the fast Cloud Sea, the potential for cloud-based sea-metaphors (like sailing, fishing, etc).

Can you clarify this? I know it's an idea but I can't get the hang of it.

*By "farming" the mistrise I mean, like taking it up, and eracting the Catalyst stored inside
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:35 am

I had always intended for the Falls to provide a link between the two regions, and it is written on the wiki article for the city. That could be changed if you strongly dislike the idea.

As for fictitious gods, they're a piece of cake. Some Gods endured their assassination in non-corporeal form, others didn't. Perhaps we can't tell who survived and who didn't...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:36 am

Some could have gone hiding, masking their powers by some kind of ancient spell/device
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:42 am

(Janzar is the lower world.) In the original lore the mistrise was toxic due to magical residue from Janzar... why would they want it back? Also, Janzar has no issues gathering Catalyst... I don't see why they'd go through all the effort to reach Pallis just to farm stuff they've already dumped.

The Brink is the edge of Pallis. I think we lose to the opportunity for some awesome skyboxes if the areas are deadly (due to the harmful effects of the mistrise).

No. I'm all for having tides of mist occasionally; but I'd rather it was just moisture.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:47 am

Mistrise could be magically charged but not dangerous?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 am

AHhhh, then I was confused, replace Janzar with Pallis Tongue, and the potential for skyboxes isn't lost, I think the mistrise adds more functionality to it, as the skyboxes could change to show that the mistrise is coming. But I think that making hte mistrise dangerous, makes the game more engaging, and gives more posibilities for other stuff
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next