The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Purity of Life

2 posters

Go down

The Purity of Life Empty The Purity of Life

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:38 pm

I have set aside a month and a half of my empty summer home from school to work on an idea that had seeded in me since middle school.

Now it has evolved into a full fledged medieval sandbox style RPG. 

This is the first time I have put ANY of its information out in the public.

This game's plot wants to redefine what can constitute a plot for a major series. It features two "main plots", each with a level of groundbreaking storytelling little seen.

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

The Purity of Life Empty Re: The Purity of Life

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:38 pm

It is set in a world, Junes, created out the eternal struggle of three gods, on the continent of Arenti, and the country of Aequalo. Aequalo is Arenti's northernmost, third largest and most populous (out of 12) but is the economic and political superpower of the continent. The Aequalan Empire championed a progressive international policy, declaring peace for all 12 countries after 1000 years of violence.

Nothing can break Arenti's solid presence of peace. Except for one man.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:39 pm

Amidst this crisis, another one plagues Aequalo's very economic structure: The Red Gold War.

Spoiler:
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Here is a map of Aequalo.

Spoiler:

Yeah. Aequalo is cold, but not as cool as it could be. It is mountainous and its northernmost county is an arctic wasteland, and Siberia-like forest. But everywhere else it is at least somewhat habitable. County Yunis (Brikke on this map) and Windworth are essentially all mountains isolating County Ellinor (Solace on the map). 

County Treppaneau is the capital County. The most prosperous county in the country featuring its capital, Treppaneau. The counties to the south feature a very temperate climate of grasslands featuring great farmlands except for County Satch which is the site of a nasty desert. Counties Woodsmia and Fairfax are densely forested and are also very  prosperous. County Eyrmoth (Elesi on the map) is an odd one: sitting on a sea it is warmed and thus densely forested but yet it is isolated, thus producing several radical religious groups.

That's all for now! I'll talk about skills, gameplay, combat, etc later.........
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:13 am

Any opinions, suggestions, or ideas?
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:02 am

It all sounds very intriguing. My only critique would be the sheer number of A-starting names in the first two posts makes it seem like you opened a name dictionary and didn't even get past the first page. It might be a coincidence, but still. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:38 am

Aureus, Arenti, Aequalo, Aequalan....yeah I see. They do start to run together...The whole presence of A-names is a coincidence. I made these names up. I might consider including more variety. Aequalo is the only country on Arenti that begins with an A.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:53 am

Dragon78114 wrote:Aureus, Arenti, Aequalo, Aequalan....yeah I see. They do start to run together...The whole presence of A-names is a coincidence. I made these names up. I might consider including more variety. Aequalo is the only country on Arenti that begins with an A.
 I guess it's a coincidence that your previous questline is also full of As - Azzan and Axar. I think someone just likes the letter A. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down