The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guilds?

+2
TATORZ
Dark Avorian
6 posters

Go down

Guilds? Empty Guilds?

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:42 pm

Well honestly there are 5 Guilds that I think are good examples of what a guild should be like...1 of which could do with some improvement

Champions Guild: For it's requirements it's quite a nice little place
Fishing Guild: Provides all the necessities for training, could be improved though
Warrior's Guild: Interesting mini-games...unique reward items...a bank
Heroes Guild: For it's mediocre reqs it has a Blue dragon, rune rocks, & glory recharge
RC Guild: Unique minigame, good training tools and supplies.

Pretty Good Guilds

Mining: It allows mining training...but has bad rocks...the good ones being outside of it...and it's to far from a bank

Guilds that suck

Mage Guild: Overpriced robes and runes...teleports only good for getting to the RC Guild...useless training monsters...only real good feature is for mining and runecrafting
Range Guild: A minigame that costs more than the rewards...overpriced supplies...some useless training guys
Crafting Guild: Only real things you can do here are clay and normal leather...or mining
Cooking Guild: Decent for it's reqs but suckish otherwise
Legends guild: Heroes guild is three times better and three times easier to access...wtf Jagex?

I'll be posting my solutions...and my ideas for other skill guilds in a bit
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Guilds? Empty Re: Guilds?

Post by TATORZ Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:16 pm

I think you're opinion on each of those guilds is pretty accurate.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:06 am

I personally think a guild should train you more than being a reward for attaining a certain level - possibly require a minimal level to enter, but other than that, you can go in throughout. Basically, newbies use the tutors, then you progress to guilds. Only the Champions', Heroes' and Legends' guilds would remain unchanged in terms of requirements. Within each guild there would be ranks that are based on your level and it's ranks that limit your access within the guild - better prices to more adept magicians in the magicians' guild, for example. I think that the Mage Training Arena is the best example of what a Guild should offer - good means to train, rewards, etc. Tongue

However, using current guild format, I'd say all guilds should be as useful and rewarding as the Warriors' Guild. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:59 am

Historically though guilds have only been open to the skilled but have had had ranks...I would prefer if guilds trained...had minigames...unique rewards...multipleranks for multiple levels...and if all but legends/heroes/champions/warriors had req of 60 for first rank...etc...etc...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:19 am

I'm not saying there should be no requirement, but it shouldn't be an uber high one that prevents your average Joe from entering - you want a guild to be a bustling place full of activity, so you can discuss with fellows also there to train that skill. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:46 am

Well I think that 60 is quite reasonable...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:15 am

Seems fair. Smile

I feel sorry for all those who are no longer allowed in. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:38 am

maybe 30 or 40 or 50 you could become apprentice and have very...very....very....very limited access
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:48 pm

I wrote a suggestion for the Ranged Guild. To summarize:

Make the guild a 'Grand Tree,' a large tree around and on which the activities take place.
3 more minigames:
Worra's Termites: A gnome, Worra, has released 50 mechanical termites with 1 Lp each on the First floor of the tree, for every 5 you kill in under 45 seconds, you gain 1 ticket.
Gabriel's Claw Grab: Gabriel has scattered several boxes of tickets on unreachable branches on the Second floor. Using a grapple (Gabriel will supply you a Bronze One, which can't be used for shortcuts), snag the boxes. The further away they are, the more tickets they contain.
Pegasi: Under the tree, live several pegasi. They can only be attacked with Ranged and they drop tickets occasionally.

Defend the Squad: The Tower Guards have holed themselves on the branches of the top floor and are attacking a squad of gnomes! Defeat a trio to the North, South, East, or West, to recieve tickets from the victims (the more powerful your enemies, the more tickets)

New, guild only, untradable items which are bought with tickets.:
Bronze through Rune Grapples - These have a lower chance of breaking when used, and have a higher chance of grabing Gabriel's boxes.
Leather through Black Dragonhide Slings - Although weak, these slings require no ammo.
David's Sling - The ultimate sling, this weapon requires 70 Ranged is more powerful verison of the Black Dragonhide Sling. It has the special Giant Slayer which does more damage against more powerful foes/
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:01 am

I would LOVE to make random tasks for the guilds in question. Warriors guild having a task like go kill a monster for reward and experiance. (making enough tasks and harder missions (mini-quest) could end up getting you in higher ranks in the guild)
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:47 pm

I still want a real mining guild, a smithing guild, a hunting guild, a slayer guild and a summoning guild.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:46 am

and there's even not a guild for every skill.. That would be kind of interesting to have in RS.
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down