The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aldenor Quest

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Aldenor Quest Empty The Aldenor Quest

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:08 am

Introductory Quests

Part 1: Varrock Inn Danger

Spoiler:

Part 2: Rights of Passage

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------

The Aldenor Storybranch

Part 3: Shadowed Seas

Spoiler:

The Temple of Aldenor

Spoiler:

Path of Seven

Spoiler:
-------------------------------------------------

The Underbelly Storybranch

Underbelly1: Moving

Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------

The Purakasi Quests

---------------------------------------------------

Conclusion Quests

More to come...

Bestiary
Spoiler:

Last edited by Dark Avorian on Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 36 times in total
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

The Aldenor Quest Empty Re: The Aldenor Quest

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:22 am

What's the big deal about the number 7? Tongue

Seven priestly warriors, seven evil magicians, seven Dae't goddesses, seven Everot, seven Rings (in Halo), etc. I know there's more... but games seems to like 7 just as much as they like 3. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:23 am

well if we believe TMR its the most magically powerful number

Spoiler for what will come

Diary of The Priest-Assassin Hakurin

Fentuary 3- The Seven are reported to have fled before the Barbarian hordes into the ocean, It is almost certain that they have fled to the mysterious Isle of Aldenor. Rumours are flying around concerning the next action of the Barbarian Hordes

Fentuary 17- The Barbarian hordes are engaged in the building of a mighty fleet, I fear that this may be one of the most atrocious slaughters ever seen upon the lands (or seas as the case might be) of Gielinor. I pray to Saradomin that I am wrong and that we will see the corpses of those vile filth dragged through the streets

Septober 26- I have received word from high commander Ladranzi of the Knights of Purity. An elite team of our order will be accompanying the barbarian fleet into battle, Saradomin willing we will wipe these scum from the face of the world. I have been selected as leader of the elite assassination battalion. We will also be accompanied by our most devout priest mages

Septober 36- The battle rages on, since this morning the mages have destroyed huge swathes of the fleet, we fear they are working on something huge.

Septober 37- A massive shield of black energy covers the island, the one ship foolish enough to move against it was destroyed utterly, a burst of black flame was all that was seen once it hit the shield

Septober 38- I cannot hope to live another day…the mages have come out of the shield like Demi-Gods of purest evil, even now we are one of the last ships left—I must go and see what it is the priests are chanting…
…Twas a curse of great power, but the mages have none of it, the ship is sinking…I am grievously wounded…I pray that Saradomin will protect this book. May his grace carry this to my family I consign thee now to a waterproofed case prepared by my friend Jalar among the Priest-Mages, he has been killed but his gift still holds out water…Saradomin, I am in your hands now

Last edited by Kaen-Akazin on Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:06 am

Some idea of the reqs

Oh and I'll be switching it to only one quest

The Temple of Aldenor!

Synopsis: A bizarre mystery in Varrock leads to a strange investigation on an isolated island. There you discover a dark temple and a secret from the Barbarian Crusades. Following the paths of seven dark mages you finally discover the truth about Aldenor!

Requirements

~Quests/Miniquests:

259 Quest points
Mage Arena
Shadow Sword
Hunt for Surok
Desert Treasure
Dream Mentor
Troll Romance
Legends Quest
Meeting History
As a Last Resort…
Zogre Flesh Eaters

~Skills:
71 Agility
71 Thieving
69 Crafting
65 Smithing
60 Runecrafting
77 Magic (No boosts)
63 Summoning
64 Construction
60 Prayer
50 Herblore
70 Slayer

~Combat:
Must be able to defeat 7 level 250+ mages in a variety of situations
Must be able to defeat 25 level 100’s in multi-combat
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:01 am

The Seven Lost/Chosen and their Gimmicks

Aran Farcaster: huge range bonuses...
Lenir the Shadow-Blade: assasination tactics
Durgan Spellshield: Protection spells
Erod the Enchanter: Enchantments for allies' weapons as well as ways to enchant terrain into traps
Noktin Bloodweaver: Sacrifices own health to fuel powerful spells
Orin the Defiler of Talent: Curses...
Rakar (need an idea)
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:14 am

The Creation of Aldenor

They met on an isolated, rocky and barren island. Although they numbered but seven among the many dark mages of Gielinor they came knowing that they had the support of the multitude...

They made a dark oath that night. To serve no god before the magic. To obey no authority absolutely save the magic. To do anything necessary to protect the magic. To form a brotherhood beneath the magic. And above all, to worship the Magic.

They brought to bear power so great that none could challenge them, they new what it would cost them. But they deemed it worthwhile to protect the Magic from the barbarous hordes sweeping from the north.

Surrounded by a fleet of barbarians, under direct assault from servants of Saradomin, they did something so sacrilegious that no one can fully comprehend. They bound together the power and will of all the dark mages joined by this love, and with it they forged a sentient being, the god-being Aldenor protector of Black Magic
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:19 am

Locations

The Temple of Aldenor

A craggy island located far out at sea, a huge volcanic caldera in the center. The temple is a huge underground are carved from the magma pocket beneath the island.

Aran's Cloud-Keep

A huge fortress buoyed by powerful spells and shielded with clouds, the only way to access it is a long chain cloaked in invisibility spells and buffeted by gale-force winds that hangs down form the fortress.

Zumat HQ

A huge school of assassins. It's leaders are the mighty Zumat Triumvirate: Fasin, Firno & Fzein. It's entrance is a door concealed within an abandoned room in Edgeville dungeon. However the only way to find the concealed door is a long process involving rumours, wanted posters, and assassinations.

Lenir's Tomb

A shadowy and strange crypt filled with dark guardians, It's located deep under the legend's guild, and the only person there who knows anything about it is Siegfried Erkle.

Durgan's Pyramid

A strange pyramid rising above a small desert island...what magical defenses has durgan put upon his tomb...and what force will be required to penetrate them?And what power do the odd tribes that surround it wield?

Erod's Maelstrom

Just south of Murphy's usual fishing spot a huge whirlpool churns the seas. Above the whirpool huge clouds of magical origin unleash lances of lightning. At the base of teh whirlpool a strange air bubble houses a sacred enclave of warped ground. And the strange puzzles that guard the central shrine are not to be laughed at.

The Bloodcrypt

A small chest, inside it a few blood runes...when you grab this apparent wealth you are teleported out, but few ever notice the strange key lying just under them...and when this key enters an alcove in the wall nearby it open the doors of the bloodcrypt...fashioned after the veins of strange beast, huge waves of blood wash through, drowning intruders. But if one is willing to sacrifice ones own health, you might just be able to enter the final chamber...

Orin's Maze

A large maze...filled to the brim with vicious level 5 goblins...who you will find it impossible to run through...of course this probably doesn't sound scary...but Orin's powers drain your combat skills constantly in this maze...so be afraid...be very afraid!

At various points in the maze you will find that the maze splits into three paths...each path holds different obstacles (some have only one). In other place you will have three tiles that block off the maze, each with a skill symbol on it, choose wisely, for whichever one you choose that skill will drain to 0.

|More to come|
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:04 pm

And so it begins...

The light was dim in the Jolly Boar. The Barman was having a hushed conversation with three experienced revenant hunters, a few lumberyard workers were washing away the coating of sawdust in their throats, and in a dark corner I was having a hushed conversation with a fellow adventurer. As I’d entered the bar earlier he had called me over and asked if I’d like a drink in exchange for a few of my best stories, I’d happily obliged and soon we were chatting about our various exploits.

“…And here I was thinking that Zombie Ogres were impressive! But you’ve clearly had some run ins with nasty blighters…those Ice Tunnellers sound mighty strange…”

“You’re right about that…but Zombie Ogres are pre–”

I followed his shocked gaze and saw a man rush into the bar, battleaxe in hand and charge into the bar. Several of the lumbermen leaped up and attempted to stop him. I watched in horror as his battleaxe carved through them in two mighty sweeps. As they crumpled to the floor me and the other adventurer stood up and at the other’s urging I ran across the room with him and followed the crazed man up the stairs.

I watched in shock as the other adventurer shoved the crazed man into a room and barred the door. It was only after I heard the contented chuckle that I realized it was the room that Dimintheis’s son Jonathan stayed in. Then I heard a scream and the breaking of a window, and finally I heard a sound that could only be the man jumping out of the window.

Charging into the room I saw to my dismay that he had taken Jonathan with him and that at least he had survived the leap and made his way off into the evening…
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:11 am

Very good, but I wish there was more!
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:31 am

oh there will be! there will be blood, darkness and sorrow!

oh...and of course magic
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 am

All the things a good quest needs.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Twisted Evil
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:24 am

I quickly made my way down the stairs. I dashed out of the bar and around to the ground below the window. I carefully tracked the footprints of the man south from the inn, and past the statue of saradomin… where to my horror I saw the bloody corpse of Anna Smith. Stunned by the awful sight I made my way to the gates of Varrock…where I was informed that access to Varrock had been sealed off on the orders of the king…after giving the guard a beer I was still carrying in my pack I managed to find out that Dimintheis (now Lord Dimintheis of Varrock after he had saved the city) had been the main force behind the sealing of the gates.

I attempted to enter Varrock in several ways. Teleports were blocked off, the GE had been cut off from the rest of Varrock, and a perimeter of guards was set up from the gate of the GE to the wall south of the West bank.

Going to my last resort, I made my way over to edgeville…strode through the dungeon, and crawled through a pipe into the Varrock sewers… I wandered through the winding tunnels and pipes and clambered out of the manhole into Varrock.

Right between the bank and the main wall I saw what could only be drag marks from Jonathan’s body. I followed them through the street in front of aubury’s rune shop then to the back door of the Blue Moon Inn…

The back room of the Inn was wrecked and I could tell immediately that they had gone into the cellar…Nothing could have prepared for the grisly sight that met my eyes in that dimly lit room.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:41 am

Again, blood and magic makes the perfect quest. And something seems awry with Dimintheis locking the gates.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:55 am

...something is awry...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:51 am

Lol, I figured as much.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:53 am

You don't generally have no reason for capturing an important figure's son
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:58 am

I meant that it was strange why Dimintheis was locking the gates.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:21 pm

...just one word to say here...

LEVERAGE!
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:22 pm

I'm...er....confused.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:34 pm

...they kidnapped his kid in order to get the city closed off...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Ah, I didn't know that the city knew Johnathon had been kidnapped. I assume there was a reasonable time gap between the first and second bits of the story, then.
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:25 am

To be inserted between first two sections

Back in the Bar

As I walked back down the stairs I was set upon by three heavily armed guards. Looking around I was shocked to see that the entire bar was swarming with them. They were questioning every inhabitant of the bar viciously, and as I watched the captain cuffed one of the revenant hunters and sent him sprawling across the floor. The hunter pulled out his crossbow and shot the guard captain in the shoulder, at which point he was decapitated by a vicious swing of a battleaxe.

The guards questioned me on the events of the night, although I yelled at them indignantly they seemed to have no care for the escape of the man or his captive, they seemed only interested in the description I gave of the fugitive.

Just as I was about to lose hope the door burst open and Rat Burgiss strode into the bar accompanied by two high ranking guardsmen. These two proceeded to order me untied and Rat pulled me away.

“This is serious [You]. Dimintheis has become a hugely powerful figure in the nation’s politics ever since he defeated the army of Zemouregal. This attempt on hi son’s life could be pretty important…I’ve already received news that he is pushing for a citywide lockdown, and he ahs the authority to have it done, go do what ever you adventurers do!”
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeeves Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:04 am

Ah, much better. Thanks for clearing that up!
Jeeves
Jeeves
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:03 am

The walls of the cellar had been knocked down in three locations, several roughly carved tunnels stretched out, on to the north, one to the south, and one to the east. But the center of my attention was the body sprawled out on the table. It was the same man who had charged into the bar and captured Jonathan, but a strange runic symbol had been burned into his chest. The most horrifying part of the scene though, was that the skin of his head and hands weren’t attached to the bones…in fact they were lying on another table.

It was at this moment that eight dark mages [Lvl 92] emerged from the eastern tunnel, each of them was carrying a crate. One of the mages threw the crate at me, it exploded in a massive swirl of magical energys [draining all stats by ten and hitting 30]. The other dropped the crates on the ground and rushed at me. Only through luck was I able to fend them off and kill them.

I searched the battered corpses flung across the floor and found a diagram of the cellar and tunnel system. The south tunnel ended in a small drawing of a house with a balcony, the north tunnel ended in a small room with the letter “J” written on it, and the east tunnel ended with the symbol of a fire rune.

I decided that I should investigate the north tunnel first. As I walked along I heard an agony-filled voice screeching curses. Finally I entered the chamber at the end of the tunnel, Jonathan (for of course he was the person indicated by the letter “J”) was strapped to a large stone column, and three dark mages wearing beaked masks and with clawed gauntlets were whispering horrible things into his ears.

I ran into the room in full battle gear and proceeded to slash viciously at the mages [lvl 122]. The first went down in two quick slashes before the others could respond. The second ran at me and although I dodged he raked four shallow yet painful lines across my chest, the claws seemed to ignore my armour as if there was nothing there. I pulled a crossbow from my belt and landed three darts in his chest. The third mage was now upon me. He leaped onto my back and clawed at neck. I grasped his shoulders and flung him across the room where he was impaled on the beak of the masked corpse of the first mage.

I quickly untied Jonathan who ran across the room and was crushed by a rock falling from the ceiling. Although appalled at what I had just seen I decided to investigate the other tunnels. At the end of the eastern tunnel, I found a small room with a ladder in the middle. Around the room were crates which upon further inspection were in fact filled with rune. I climbed the ladder unlocked the trapdoor above it and clambered up into a familiar room.

“[You]?” Aubury whispered in shock.” How in the world did you get here!?”

I quickly explained the events of the day to him, “…It appears that those dark mages have been stealing runes from you.”

“So that’s where they’ve all been going. But why?”

“That’s what I’m hoping to find out,” I said as I went back down the ladder and proceeded to the final tunnel.

The final tunnel seemed rather uninteresting and quickly made its way to yet another ladder. Above the trapdoor I found myself in one of the many houses of South Varrock—although I had noted in my earlier wanderings that it was the only house with direct access onto the wall form the second floor. The floor had a rather prominent bloodstain and I realized that based on the picture on the wall this was where the dismembered man in the cellar had originally lived.

I walked up the stairs [enter instanced situation in which the wall is able t directly interact with ground floor where circle is (like castlewars wall)] and immediately heard noise coming from out on the wall, I crept through the open door and saw that 5 mages were lowering crates of runes form atop the wall down to the wizards in the circle below.

The chief mage in the circle spoke in a booming baritone, “We shall summon Aldenor, King Roald shall never be able to wipe us from the earth!”

“Aldenor!” they all screamed ecstatically.

A dark voice spoke angrily into my mind, “Those fools are exactly the dark mages who make me necessary…I shall not intervene on their behalf.”
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next