The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Faun Storyline, Part 1 - Setting Sail

4 posters

Go down

The Faun Storyline, Part 1 - Setting Sail Empty The Faun Storyline, Part 1 - Setting Sail

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:43 am

Myriad and beautiful were the creatures and civilizations of the early ages of the world. Gielinor was a work of art. But only the sturdiest races survived the Godwars, and even then only by abandoning their high culture and gearing their societies towards war. Of the more delicate races there is now little trace, and almost no memory. One such race had bodies as fragile as snowflakes, yet they built crystal cities that stood for a thousand years. The wind would whisper through the spires and fill them with sweet harmonies, and the rising sun would shine through the precious gems that studded the towers and create interplays of light as if rainbows were dancing. Indeed, so marvelous was this light-show that the patterns of light themselves became alive, and great flocks of luminous creatures rode along the gem cast beams, each drawn to its own colour.

I'm gonna start with that. Smile

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Faun Storyline, Part 1 - Setting Sail Empty Re: The Faun Storyline, Part 1 - Setting Sail

Post by Blaze FF8 Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:33 am

Is this for the stellar dawn contest? Sounds good. Smile
Are these creatures and towers your own submission or something the contest gave you to work with?
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

The Faun Storyline, Part 1 - Setting Sail Empty Re: The Faun Storyline, Part 1 - Setting Sail

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:53 am

No, this is a runescape idea...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:27 pm

No, that's a quote from Juna. Well, nearly a quote. I'm basing an idea on it. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:08 pm

"Baaaaa!"
"Would you just leave it?!"
"Baaa?"
"Dumbass goat! Shoo!"
"BAAH!"
"What do you want!?"
"Baaaaa baaaa..."
"Great, I'm talking to a goat..."
"Ba."
"I wonder if it speaks camel..."
"Baaaa me, please! Ba baaa fixed!"
"Fixed?"
"No .. Baaa, wedged or baaa baahaaa!"
"You're wedged? Ooh, stuck?"
"Yes! Baaa... pleeaase?"
"How are you stuck?"
"Baaa ba s-stu-uck in this baaaa."

Last edited by 3mptylord on Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:34 am

Note to self: write like a quest, not like a story.

Even though what I've written doesn't say either, in my head I'm going over details that the quest doesn't need. Location, Characters, Directions and Dialogue. Being poetic isn't necessary. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:44 am

1) The Faun are the dominant race on the island of Agerdomus. Their origin is unknown, and just as much as revealed about their history. The faun's predominant language is latin, but they can converse fluently in any tongue.

2) The Sylth is the most mysterious race on RuneScape, whose origin lies in the stars. The Sylth share a single consciousness which landed on Agerdomus towards the end of the 1st Age. Though infinitely small they exist in manifestations.

3) The Dae't goddesses are the deities worshiped by the faun upon Agerdomus. However, unlinke the existing deities, there existence isn't proven by lore - they could be mythological (along with their doomsday theory).

4) The Everot is a pantheon of greater demons that came to Gielinor, specifically Agerdomus, in the 2nd Age. They claimed to be the Dae't gods, and were worshiped as such until the political polarization of the 3rd Age.

5) A handful of Elves can be found abount Agerdomus; trapped there since the time of the consciousness landing. The elves are the only known-race known to know of the faun prior to human-colonization of year 169.

6) A single Taurian/Minotaur can be found on the south coast of Agerdomus, conversing with a crowd of shady looking Faun. Though nothing is known about his origin, it's presumed he's from Southern Agerdomus.

7) The Saurian is a race of labour-divided amphibious-humanoids. The Saurian's sole residence is upon/within the coral reefs of Agerdomus - but they speak of another home which is currently lost to them. The soldier-Saurians are better known as Sauroids.

Other wildlife;
- Bombardier Toads
- Barker Toads
- Raharni Wildcat
- Mountain Wyrm
- Green Elder Dragon
- Blue Elder Dragon
- Adamantine Dragon
- Warp Swallow
- Split-tailed Swift

Other marine life;
- Dual-finned Mahryn
- Amphibious Bullfinch
- Crab
- Halibut
- Mahi Mahi
- Grouper
- Tarpon
- Snapper
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 am

Wasn't this White Light?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 am

Yeah, but I changed the name.

White Light only made sense if you were in the conversation between me and, I think, either Blaze or Jeeves in the chatbox. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down