The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SPOILER WARNING! Mysterious Chronicle

+3
trixtor
MorbiusMonster
The Empty Lord
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SPOILER WARNING! Mysterious Chronicle Empty SPOILER WARNING! Mysterious Chronicle

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 am

Year 5 of the 5th Age:

This is it. The area below is weaker than the bedrock I have been forging through, and my magic carves through it like saw through flesh. This must be fate's reward for seeking the interplanar portal below, the portal that separates me from my Masters realm of banishment. To think He could have been banished and contained! Vile trickery...

I, Bilrach, will find this Rift, where the barrier between realms thins.
I, Bilrach, will re-open it and release my Master upon this world once more.
I, Bilrach, will release Zamorak!

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

SPOILER WARNING! Mysterious Chronicle Empty Re: SPOILER WARNING! Mysterious Chronicle

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:24 am

My response;
1) The fact Daemonheim exists means the portal was hidden, and the magic means it was protected. You don't have treasure maps for anomalies that occur naturally in unknowable locations.

2) We've always been aware that the Edicts keeps the gods away from Gielinor, but this is the first we've heard that they were actually imprisoned rather than exiled. Unless we've missed something key at the end of the war and only Zamorak was imprisoned.

3) This goes against how I've always interpreted Guthix's character. I mean, I've never seen him as a hippy but I've also never imagined him being so callous. To shield his creation is different from caging it's enemies.

4) It was 164 years ago.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SPOILER WARNING! Mysterious Chronicle Empty Re: SPOILER WARNING! Mysterious Chronicle

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:22 am

Where did you get this?

The Mahjarrat may display the facade that they are immensely powerful, but they can be destroyed. At the point of rejuvination, they are both at their strongest and at they're weakest. They are revitalised with a new lease of life, making them offensively superpowered, but until the flesh fully materialises, convential means can kill them if you concentrate your force enough.

They are also no match for temporal weapons as super charged ones can age them by tens of thousands of years, reducing them to dust.

Prior to the ritual being revealed, I once came up with an idea about the Mahjarrat immortality, and it being the result of binding their soul with a physical object and the only way to destroy them were to either destroy that object or send it to another realm.

Zemouregal - Binds himself to Arrav for no human would want to kill a hero, no matter the reason.

Lucien - Binds himself to the Staff of Armadyl and later the Stone of Jas, for such icons of power are immensely powerful and no being would destroy them for it could shift the balance too greatly.

Enahkra and Akthanakos - Each bound themself to the other, making sense of their "relationship". Their rivalry is so bitter, yet cannot end. In order to destroy the other, they'd have to destroy themselves.

Lord Khazard - Bound himself to Bouncer, why else would he harbour such a love for the beast?

Sliske - Most likely bound himself to the Barrows Brothers or to their armour. The armour is valued because of the power it possesses, so whomever wields it would take great care of it, and fight to the death to keep it, the victor keeping the armour and valuing it above all else.

Azzanadra - Bound to the four diamonds, but probably not by choice. Any follower would want those diamonds, so the four warriors would keep them close to prevent their enemies bringing a dreaded foe back from the grave.

Not many other Mahjarrat were mentioned before Tale of the Muspah, so my theories only covered those said to exist beforehand.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:13 am

This from a journal on one of the new floors in Daemonheim?
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:19 am

Yep, Dungeons of Daemonheim. Smile

Morb, I must disagree with you on your theory surrounding how they can be killed. It has been stated many times that "facing the void" is as close to a death as they suffer. For, they are dead. And the many times they've been killed in known history has only been a temporary set-back. In deed, not attending their ritual weakens them... but I don't think it will ever kill them. A vampire who is starved indefinitely gets weaker and weaker, but they never cease. A temporal weapon would probably leave them in a state of extreme weakness... unless you're talking to the point when every atom of their existence also decays. But even then their death is only caused by the lack of existence to be "alive" in. Tongue

Flesh is only something they choose to wear. Azzanadra, Ali the Wise, Hazeel, Lucien, Enahkra and Akthanakos all are fully capable of donning flesh even so close to the ritual. It's probably a matter of tradition or vanity that they choose to lay bare for the gathering itself. They are the faceless ones; the stern judges. Death cannot be killed.

The Horcrux idea is interesting though.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:25 am

3mptylord wrote:Yep, Dungeons of Daemonheim. Smile

Morb, I must disagree with you on your theory surrounding how they can be killed. It has been stated many times that "facing the void" is as close to a death as they suffer. For, they are dead. And the many times they've been killed in known history has only been a temporary set-back. In deed, not attending their ritual weakens them... but I don't think it will ever kill them. A vampire who is starved indefinitely gets weaker and weaker, but they never cease. A temporal weapon would probably leave them in a state of extreme weakness... unless you're talking to the point when every atom of their existence also decays. But even then their death is only caused by the lack of existence to be "alive" in. Tongue

Flesh is only something they choose to wear. Azzanadra, Ali the Wise, Hazeel, Lucien, Enahkra and Akthanakos all are fully capable of donning flesh even so close to the ritual. It's probably a matter of tradition or vanity that they choose to lay bare for the gathering itself. They are the faceless ones; the stern judges. Death cannot be killed.

The Horcrux idea is interesting though.

Ali The Wise is not yet confirmed to be Wahisietel!
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:52 am

I mean, we killed Khazard, but i doubt he's dead.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:55 am

He isn't Smile

We killed him in Fight Arena, yet he shows up during the Shadow Sword Miniquest as a lich, and is surely not dead Smile
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:06 am

He was a ghost. Generally ghosts are dead. The question is if that's a spirit form stripped of flesh, or a ghost, as in dead...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:21 am

Not a ghost. He said he was projecting himself from the shadow realm.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:24 am

What Morbius said.

Also, Azzanadra was a ghost when we first met... unless the spectral tail was just a biological feature. Tongue

Lucien was "killed", he got better though.

Kill the body, kill the flesh, but you cannot kill the Mahjarrat. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:26 am

What would happen if you took off the head?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by blank Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 am

3mptylord wrote:

Lucien was "killed", he got better though.

^
|
|
Epic
blank
blank
Proselyte

Number of posts : 461

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:01 am

I'd assume they'd walk around headless? Or the head would survive and the body would wither to dust? Or, they would just abandon their physical form and exist as a spectre of sorts.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:35 am

unless the weapon is severing their spirit as well...they just abandon ship, or...put the skulll back on... Tongue
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 am

Or wait till they rejuvenate, and remove the brain. How would assimilation work on the Mahjarrat? I'm sure the Teleform or the Borg would know.

There are myths in ancient lore of Mahjarrat killers. They could kill a Mahjarrat stone dead, and were considered heroes because of it (humans dismissed the Mahjarrat most of the time as super powerful humans so nothing seemed out of the ordinary). They could be killed by methods that didn't involve sacrifice at the ritual, so there was no chance of regeneration or return through other plains. Since the energy was lost, the Mahjarrat feared those that could hunt them down.

The most well known are from the Magnus family.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:07 am

Stop trying to insert your BS into the RS lore, if you didn't know we have a conclusive list of the mahjarrat.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:10 am

The only mahjarrat who have been "killed" by man, to my knowledge, are Hazeel, Lucien and Khazard (I may have missed some really obvious ones, I know Tongue). And none of them stayed dead. Azzanadra was physically destroyed and his essence locked in four diamonds for 2000 years... after being freed he re-assimilated himself - so much for assimilation. Why did I want to say "her" in that sentence? Confuse

Imagine Death, the anthropomorphic personification. How do you kill him? Facing the Void is as close to death as it gets because you're putting them into a box that has no existence. They either cease to be, or float around in the nothingness of nonexistence for an eternity.

Unless you can find means to open the Void and throw a mahjarrat into it... I don't think we're capable of defeating them. And before you mention the Void Knights, they are dealing with what comes through the Void. Imagine having two sheets of people which equate to two universes. A gust of wind my cause them to touch - this causes a point where you can cross between them. You've got to find a way to kick the mahjarrat off the paper entirely - the nothingness in between. Although, I guess just putting them in another universe might work for a while. I know of I was an immortal being I wouldn't waste my time feeling sentimental over my universe... I have a new one now! Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:11 pm

@Dark Avorian

Continuously doubting fresh and new ideas all the time they are announced and using acronyms in the place of swearing to try and confuse me doesn't make you any smarter. You showed hostility to my theory of the Stone of Jas being the moon when a lot of logical evidence could support it and showed hostility to my comment when it was merely innocent suggestions. If this turned into a battle of wits, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I do plenty of research into the lore I come up with. For instance;

Spoiler:

So telling me to not exercise my creativity and imagination without justification is ridiculous. No one has that power to stop me from coming up with ideas and certainly not you.

The thing is, you're not being requested to come up with ideas as you prepare to write the next chapter of RuneScape like I am so keep you hostility to yourself! If I am to come up with the next part as Jagex has allowed me to, I am allowed to use current Runescape lore to give fuller substance to the story behind the city. Most of what we know about Mahjarrat is speculation anyway, and I refer mostly to past Mahjarrat, not present.

Azzanadra once stated there were many hundreds before the God wars, but now only a dozen exist, and I doubt they were all terminated in a ritual, there simply haven't been that many considering how frequently they occur, so Mahjarrat killers have to come in somewhere. And the Magnus family seems the most obvious choice as they are renowned for their strength and combat ability. I can do whatever I need to for my story to make sense.

It can take a lot to really annoy me, and you just pushed the bar.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:12 pm

@3mptylord

He was reassembled not re-assimilated, the words have two completely different meanings. You sound like a damn fool when you say it wrong.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:49 pm

It's hardly a fool's mistake. I'm sorry for offending you with my dyslexia.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:12 pm

Morbius, please take your damned superiority complex elsewhere. If you deign to speak with us lesser mortals, how about you at least try not to come across as an offensive prick (I'm not a hypocrite guys! Offensive: certainly, prick: not so much).

Continuously doubting fresh and new ideas all the time they are announced and using acronyms in the place of swearing to try and confuse me doesn't make you any smarter.

I'm not trying to be smarter. I have plenty of proof that I'm intelligent and I don't need you or anyone on this site to affirm that. I used BS for several reasons: it's commonly used as a less offensive version of the full bullshit, which I thought might be filtered. I've also supported plenty of fresh, new ideas.

You showed hostility to my theory of the Stone of Jas being the moon when a lot of logical evidence could support it and showed hostility to my comment when it was merely innocent suggestions.

Dark Avorian wrote:Actually, the moon theory doesn't seem too far fetched.

I have to go to the doctor, will finish this post later.

Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:56 pm

3mptylord wrote:It's still an interesting idea, though.
^ Despite the flaws, which I highlighted, I still said I liked the idea. Even though it compromises my own idea.

Jeroenvt wrote:Although it is interesting to think that the stone we know now might merely be a fragment, you might as well say that the real Stone of Jas is the planet's core or something!
^ Jer just highlighting how farfetched it is, but not actually stating he dislikes it.

Me, Dark and Jer were the only ones who replied to it. So who exactly was showing hostility? We may have pointed out bits that were inaccurate and defended our reasons when you argued the toss about them; but at no point did any of us dislike the idea. Tongue Although, re-reading... most of the bits I was nitpicking were to do with the Mahjarrat and not your moon idea.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:43 am

Actually I barely replied to it. I never even thought about its potential connection to wolves/werewolves/lycanthropy. All I said was "Okay..." which I admit could seem relatively hostile in the deeper context of the barely hidden hostility with which we seem to respond to Morbius in many of our posts, whether he really deserves it or not.

I actually like his moon idea, while far fetched it is based on conjecture that actually relates to the real world and the world of Gielinor. Sure it's probably unlikely but I think he made a good case for it.

------------------------------------------------------------

Onto the rest of my previous post

If this turned into a battle of wits, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Oh dear, how dreadfully witty of you. You misinterpret my comments, mistake other people for me, and then try to insult me in a hoity-toity way.

I do plenty of research into the lore I come up with. For instance; [SPOILER STUFF]

There is a huge difference between the type of research used in creating a conjecture as to the future/past of Gielinor, and the type of research that goes into creating an interesting, multi-layered fantasy story/world. While you showcase an incredible ability to do the first; delving into a deep array of contextual material; you seem unable to understand what has to happen in the first case. It's not about finding lots of interesting inspirational material and real world factoids/relationships. It's about piecing together what we already know and interpreting the many clues littered throughout the vast array of stories that weave their web across Gielinor.

So telling me to not exercise my creativity and imagination without justification is ridiculous. No one has that power to stop me from coming up with ideas and certainly not you.

Admittedly I did sound a bit harsh and you may have slightly misinterpreted my intent. I wasn't telling you to stop creating, imagining, writing, whatever. I was merely a little bit exasperated with you. This was intended to be a discussion of a hint at the future of the game, one of the major storylines that I'm pretty sure Jagex has mapped out. I was just a little annoyed that you came in and started blathering about your ideas and how they interact with the story.

We aren't talking about your creations, we're trying to figure out what Jagex is doing. I merely find it presumptuous of you to come in and try and insert your creations into this discussion, I'm truly sorry if I came off like a jerk who just wanted to smother your creativity.

The thing is, you're not being requested to come up with ideas as you prepare to write the next chapter of RuneScape like I am so keep you hostility to yourself! If I am to come up with the next part as Jagex has allowed me to, I am allowed to use current Runescape lore to give fuller substance to the story behind the city. Most of what we know about Mahjarrat is speculation anyway, and I refer mostly to past Mahjarrat, not present.

Now that is presumptuous and egotistical on a whole new level. So apparently just because I'm not the precious chosen one who Jagex has anointed to write the "next chapter of Runescape lore" doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice my opinion in your presence.

I also would like to point out that your storyline is more likely to be added in as something close to an extended Void Knight or Spirit of Summer storyline (better example, something like the Dorgeshuun story). I sincerely doubt that it is going to be one of the great sweeping storylines like Myreque, Plague City, or Lucien/Zaros/Mahjarrat. You do realize that anything of that sort will probably be edited out of your quest?

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the first thing crossed out is that whole thing about how "Arzonus was given to the loyal werewolf followers of Zaros and Armadyl" (just so there's no false pretenses: I stopped reading Arzonus the instant I hit that line)

Azzanadra once stated there were many hundreds before the God wars, but now only a dozen exist, and I doubt they were all terminated in a ritual, there simply haven't been that many considering how frequently they occur, so Mahjarrat killers have to come in somewhere.

"Be aware, mortal, there could be as many as a hundred of us still upon this world, with dozens more returned from other realms, but equally there could be as few as ten, each as mighty as one of your armies."

That's the exact quote. Admittedly I had forgotten this piece of lore and will gladly cede this portion of this point to you. However I doubt they were killed. Although in the vernacular "still upon this world" is merely a fancy way of saying "still alive," in the runescape world it could well be quite literal. I fancy that many of them were killed by other gods, in fact judging by the fact the Agrith-Naar was bound by the edicts, I wouldn't be surprised if many of them were as well. (Oh god! Bilrach could release them Shock)

And the Magnus family seems the most obvious choice as they are renowned for their strength and combat ability.

I doubt that. Also: "obvious choice"? Maybe to you with your egotism and vanity, but not to most of us mortals.

I can do whatever I need to for my story to make sense.

Such naiveté! You obviously have a very self-centered idea of how the addition of your quest will work. I honestly doubt that you will have anywhere near the freedom that you seem to assume. And I can assure you that you will not be allowed to "do whatever you need to do." Jagex will have full editorial control over the story.

It can take a lot to really annoy me, and you just pushed the bar.

Good for you.

Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:13 am

Do you want to know a secret?

Spoiler:
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next