The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh Em Gee!!!

+4
Blaze FF8
Ruy112
The Empty Lord
Dark Avorian
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Oh Em Gee!!! - Page 2 Empty Oh Em Gee!!!

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:02 am

First topic message reminder :

Why did no one tell me about this!?
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Oh Em Gee!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh Em Gee!!!

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 am

Oh well I'm sorry that I play runescape and therefore must be incredibly immature and unworthy to speak to a godly creative being like you.

Go be delusional and egotistical elsewhere please.

Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:47 am

Oh Em Gee!!! - Page 2 12729110
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:55 am

sigh... You completely misunderstood what I was saying - I was implying that I had grown out of it, and didn't imply you were immature by still playing. I have not got a god complex either, omnipotence and a unique way of thinking are two very different things.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:55 am

Anyway...

Two will face the Void this time.

And that being the only way to inhume a Mahjarrat, which two would you like to and who do you think will actually? (if different answers)
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 am

egotism ≠ a god complex

Although you do call yourself "the celestial scribe"

Who would I like to? ...er...Enakrah and Zemouregal...

Who do I think will? Azzanadra(EDIT: or maybe possibly Wahisietel) and Lucien.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:17 am

The Mahjarrat's principals follow chaos, so the two most likely to be chosen to face the void are those that don't conform to that, by their contribution to chaos being the least.

Zamorak is Chaos and so those that don't follow Zamorak are prime targets at the ritual. Because allegiances are fragile, it might be possible that the Mahjarrat may target their own that are as devout to Zamorak as their brethren and don't carry out his ideals as well.

Azzanadra, Akthanakos and Sliske are prime targets as they have Zarosian sympathies as far as I know. Enahkra would likely be th next likely target as she has been sealed beneath the desert for centuries and hasn't carried out the will of Zamorak as well has her brothers, Hazeel may follow as he was incapacitated and couldn't carry out his brother's will, incapacity is not an excuse.

Masuul was something I came up with (not by choice), I thought he was worth mentioning. In the same dream he may have been part of a Mahjarrat quest that I was somewhat dissatisfied with because so much wasn't not correctly explained. Maybe we are all looking for the same thing, perhaps some of us in the lack of ideas come up with something that may seem plausible to them, unaware that we are.

The Celestial Scribe is more to do with the fact that I am a fan of Okami, which features a Celestial Envoy (whose paint brush can be used to change the world around them, I only name myself so because I have felt my work has moved someone in someway, like the Celestial envoy does).
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:37 am

...That's not how the ritual goes exactly lol...At this point in time we have two factions and Lucien

Lucien: Himself (and the SoJ/ StoA)

Zamorak: Zemouregal, Hazeel, Enahkra, Bilrach (Maybe Khazard, his status is unclear)

Zaros: Jhallan, Akthanakos, Sliske, Azzanadra, Wahisietel

Others: Kharsai

Since they're pretty even I anticipate a fight. However there is one problem. With the exception of Bilrach (who the wiki describes as "fiercely loyal to Zamorak"), who is possibly detained, all the Zamorakian mahjarrat will probably side with lucien once they see the weapons he has.

This makes that side pretty powerful, although if any other Zamorakians are loyal we could see that half of the population fissure.

The other problem is that we have no idea how much power Zaros retains, or how a "true god" differs from a mortal who has taken on godly power.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 am

Agreed with Dark on the Lucien bit. Most Mahjarrat will probably side with Lucien when the time comes - just as they sided with Zamorak.

Lucien Mahjarrat, Zamorakian Mahjarrat and Zarosian Mahjarrat. Suddenly it gets more complex. If Lucien did kill Zamorak, is godhood still as strong 3rd hand? Two will face the void... maybe one of each, we choose the victor. Tongue

Very few of the Mahjarrat follow true chaos, chaotic neutral at most. They are in it for themselves, but favour the more violent option. Although, that's almost exclusively the Zamorakian mahjarrat. Zarosian mahjarrat all appear more benevolent - either that, or they are just wise to the power of lying. Smile

But given that the numbers on each side are close to even, at least in power if not number, I don't see how those who don't follow are going to sacrificed. A Zamorakian mahjarrat was sacrificed last time, and the last ritual was post-Zaros... so the divide was already in place.

Enahkra is the only known female - I doubt she would ever be a target, however useless she otherwise is to their cause. Tongue

The mahjarrat are tactful... on a game show they'd vote off the strongest link to make their chances of winning in the final greater. Bilrach is trying to resurrect Zamorak, Lucien wants to kill Zamorak (assumed, Lucien wants to become a god and he seems to be mimicking Zamorak - but which god is he going to stab?) and Azzanadra is trying to resurrect Zaros. I don't know... maybe Zamorak and Zaros will face the void. Confuse[b]
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:44 am

I don't get it Smile

*is more confused now*

Last edited by TATORZ on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:46 am

Oh god...we're all just one segment of the latest episode of Freneskae's top show, Survivor: Gielinor with your host! Zaaaaaaaaaaaaroooooos!!!
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:48 am

Bilrach is bringing Zamorak back and, assuming that all the gods were banished to the same place, he might unleash them all.

Meanwhile, Azzanadra is bringing Zaros back... we could be looking at another all out war!

Of course, the wildcard is still waiting to be played. Lucien is planning to ascend into godhood... but surely he doesn't know about Bilrach's and Azzanadra's plans? So what's he planning to do?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:49 am

Where does it say all this... ?
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:50 am

If lucien is smart he's gonna try and steal Guthix's godhood...that would be a kick in the balls to everyone.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:52 am

I get it now Grin
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:53 am

Good. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:53 am

You guys have to remember a few things: 1) It took Saradomin AND Zamorak to stop Azzanadra. 2) Lucien, even with his two godly items still isn't able to kill Zamorak, and he's working at cross-purposes to Bilrach. 3) Remember, the journal of Bilrach is a journal, not a current-events bulletin. 4) Guthix has been absorbing/ gaining the power of the Stone of Jas for a very long time. 5) It only boosted our levels, it didn't turn us into gods.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 pm

1) It was just ZamorakIANS and SaradominISTS, not two gods
2) That's probably because he hasn't come in contact with him/hasn't mastered his arsenal/his plans haven't full played out/he wants to kill another god.
3)Um...thanks for the reminder. I think we can still safely assume Bilrach is almost on top of the portal.
4)That's an assumption about how it's power works...perhaps it's like a potion? Taking more just extends how it keeps it's effect/maximum effect
5) one touch, humans, no mastery, already taken by lucien at that time, had been a while, lingering effect
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by trixtor Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:21 pm

1) Yes, but they were armies. I'm not saying that he's stronger than gods, but it took two armies to stop him.
2) I'll give you this.
3) How do we know that it isn't from the past, and he failed to accomplish his goal?
4)Yeah, but I'm guessing that Guthix wouldn't be stupid enough to leave the source of its power in one object. So it probably drained at least some of the stone's power.
5) Another one I'll give you.
trixtor
trixtor
Advocate

Number of posts : 538

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:58 pm

It's going to be like LOST. So much unanswered and left that way.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:37 pm

1: Armies of humans...normal humans. Since we're talking about a ritual where all the beings of his caliber (although he is one of the stronger) will be there.
3: Ummm...because that would be an incredibly lame plot twist... "Oh by the way all this work has been for nothing cuz he never did anything."
4: Unless the stone of Jas is INDEPENDENT FROM and STRONGER THAN Guthix, which is how I've always thought of it.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:18 am

1)
Trixtor: It took Saradomin AND Zamorak to stop Azzanadra.
Dark: It was just ZamorakIANS and SaradominISTS, not two gods
Trixtor: Yes, but they were armies. I'm not saying that he's stronger than gods, but it took two armies to stop him.
Dark: Armies of humans...normal humans. Since we're talking about a ritual where all the beings of his caliber (although he is one of the stronger) will be there.
3mpty: The mahjarrat are a very powerful race. It was noted in the Postbag that a single Mahjarrat equates to several human armies, capable of levelling whole cities, etc. If Azzanadra took two enemies combining just to imprison him... well, that only supports the claim. Wink

2)
Trixtor: Lucien, even with his two godly items still isn't able to kill Zamorak, and he's working at cross-purposes to Bilrach.
Dark: That's probably because he hasn't come in contact with him/hasn't mastered his arsenal/his plans haven't full played out/he wants to kill another god.
Trixtor: I'll give you this.
3mpty: Yeah lol, Zamorak's kinda in no position to give Lucien the chance to defeat him. Pleased

3)
Trixtor: Remember, the journal of Bilrach is a journal, not a current-events bulletin.
Dark: Um...thanks for the reminder. I think we can still safely assume Bilrach is almost on top of the portal.
Trixtor: How do we know that it isn't from the past, and he failed to accomplish his goal?
Dark: Ummm...because that would be an incredibly lame plot twist... "Oh by the way all this work has been for nothing cuz he never did anything."
3mpty: The last diary entry was about 150 years ago... considering it's taken him nearly 2000 years to get that far, I think it's fair enough to assume that "I'm close now" could be another 150 years away. To the immortal man, years can flit past like minutes. Tongue

4)
Trixtor: Guthix has been absorbing/ gaining the power of the Stone of Jas for a very long time.
Dark:That's an assumption about how it's power works...perhaps it's like a potion? Taking more just extends how it keeps it's effect/maximum effect
Trixtor: Yeah, but I'm guessing that Guthix wouldn't be stupid enough to leave the source of its power in one object. So it probably drained at least some of the stone's power.
Dark: Unless the stone of Jas is INDEPENDENT FROM and STRONGER THAN Guthix, which is how I've always thought of it.
3mpty: Guthix found the stone. Now, no official statement has been made as to Guthix's state prior to finding the stone. But the implication of being able to travel between worlds (as he found Gielinor, too) and that he was capable of "finding" at all, means Guthix was powerful even before the stone. But I agree with Dark - the stone is independent of Guthix, and far stronger. Guthix was practically destroyed when he created the world (implied by how weak it made him) - yet the stone was seemingly unphased and continued to perform miraculous feats of magic even to this day.

I would like to think the effects are permanent though, which is why our own encounter bugs me. I guess I need to rethink that bit. If it's not permanent, it would imply that runestones and Zamorak are only temporarily as they are. I've always imagined the stone as granting deepest desires - rocks wishing to be more than they are, Zamorak wishing to be the strongest, etc. We only wished to defeat the Elemental, thus, our power was only temporary. I don't know. We are currently the only user whose power was not indefinite. Confuse

5)
Trixtor: It only boosted our levels, it didn't turn us into gods.
Dark: one touch, humans, no mastery, already taken by lucien at that time, had been a while, lingering effect
Trixtor: Another one I'll give you.
3mpty: If the effect is time-based, Lucien is going to be impossible to kill. Well, it would make it more believable. Although, it also means he is more likely to be one of the ones facing the void. Sad
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:40 am

1) Meh...
2) Meh...
3) Hasn't he got better things to do?
4) Raizahka owns the stone now.
5) Stop taking steroids.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:01 am

4) I know you haven't played the game in a year and you're making Cabbage up to plug the gaps, but FYI, that character hasn't an off-suggestion appearance yet let alone owns the stone, or let alone even need mentioning. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:43 am

Acknowledging that this may sound hypocritical: your comments are getting less and less constructive.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:49 am

Ohhh. Cry
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:03 am

How can we be sure that Lucien has the stone? Maybe that stone is a decoy for the real thing, placed perfectly well so that it would be a scapegoat for the real stone of Jas. It is imbued with some amount of power so that mortals can be easily fooled by it, thinking the stone to have real power, but it isn't thereal stone.

I think Guthix would be slightly wiser than to leave an icon of all power on RuneScape. The Mahjarrat, the Temple Knights and a variety of creatures earnt themselves notoriety in that period, so Guthix would not be ignorant to their presence, and how they would all delight in favouring their god. The balance is delicate, and Guthix would naturally allow certain limits, provided they could be equalled by the other side of the equilibrium. If the Stone is as poweful as suggested, leaving it on Gielinor is an imbalance waiting to happen, no matter what security he puts in place.

In my opinion, which to some of you is irrelevant, the Stone isn't on Gielinor at all! Something that brought life to this world and gives it energy would have to be a whole lot bigger than the object we have seen. Taking a little inspiration from the real world, I reckon the real stone of Jas is...

The Moon!

Our moon is crucial to our planet's delicate life. Its gravity holds our planet on its axis, giving us seasons that allow a diversity of life and the cycle of nature. The same gravity also gives us the tides that give diversity in the ocean and scientists have found evidence for the moon occaisionally causing earthquakes and volcanoes, both are processes to restore balance in the internal works of the Earth. The early Earth collided with the moon and the iron sank to the core to give us the magentic outer core that protects us from radiation to even allow life!

Therefore the stone of Jas could be the moon. Guthix used the stone to bring life to this world, so it makes sense if you liken Gielinor to Earth. The moon allows life and biodiversity to exist by the effect it has on the Earth itself, so maybe Guthix simply incorporated this powerful object, enormously large object to imitate that to make life in Gielinor possible when it was barren.

Cast away this thought if you want to, but at least hear me out. The Rune Essence is said to be drawn from the Stone, so Rune Essence could be moonstone.
The internal workings of the Stone would be slightly different to our moon so that it has more than just gravity, but people theorise a powerful energy source, Helium-3 to be on the moon which is a renewable energy, like magic in RuneScape.
And who was it that discovered a sample of the stone and achieved the point of enlightened seer? It was the moon clan! Presumably named so, because they believed what they had found had come from the moon, as is the speculation for an awful lot of phenomena in our world.

In conclusion, the stone that Lucien owns is in fact either a fake or fragment of the real thing, formed when Gielinor was still in formation when Guthix may have tried to create a moon. Afterall, Guthix refuses to take credit for creating Gielinor, saying a higher power did that, but he most likely gave it life with what resources he had, one being the Stone, so he may have just founded Gielinor's moon, and all life would come into being by what effect it had on the planet.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum