The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runespan

+2
MorbiusMonster
The Empty Lord
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Runespan - Page 2 Empty Runespan

Post by The Empty Lord Tue May 01, 2012 10:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Runespan is actually pretty cool.

It sort of feels like a non-combat version of combat, similar to Hunter. The rate of experience feels a little high at the moment, but maybe I'm just not use to level 6 levels of Runecrafting with minimal effort.

My only issue is the nodes. They seem pointless. The rate at which you find a good node isn't worth the bonus experience you get for it. You're better off just camping a creature spawn. I sat at the Law Esshound the moment I turned a high enough level to cross the bridge, stopping only to do wizards (which were conveniently either always on a Law Esshound island or the parent-island of one). If a node spawned on the island, I'd harvest it: but running around looking for Nebulas, Jumpers and the green blobs was too slow and rare. My mate proposed that natures might be better experience, because we would have a better success rate: 44 every tick, rather than 54 occasionally. But we trialed it with the counter for 20 minutes and we both had near enough the same experience, and Law was worth more points.

Also, the node spawns are based entirely on how populated the world is. When I first logged on it the place was littered with them: islands with 5-6 nodes per. When it came to around midnight, I noticed that we were lucky to see 1 per island. Node training becomes even worse, because they spawn randomly. Or, I think it's random. I've also noticed that the ones which spawn seem related to the creature that's on their island. But it wasn't consistent.

Edit: Apparently the node-rate was a bug that has been fixed, although I have not logged on to confirm if the islands are back to their usual 6ish ndoes per island selves.
Edit2: Chaos Nodes seem common enough that you could just farm them, as they are wroth 62 experience.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Runespan - Page 2 Empty Re: Runespan

Post by Slayer Noir Sun May 06, 2012 1:25 am

I think I crafted more through GOP than I've bothered to pick up slaying...

Then again, I don't represent the entire of RuneScape.

Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun May 06, 2012 1:32 am

Consider how many runes are traded on the GE each day. (obviously only a tiny fraction of these are used each day). Now consider the number of people using a fire altar at any time.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun May 06, 2012 1:41 am

Consider multipliers, fire runes from the ZMI and fire runes from GOP.
Consider merchants too - every time someone flips a single fire rune, it shows up twice on the GE traded volumes.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just questioning whether you've considered all the factors.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri May 11, 2012 4:14 pm

This weekend is double points weekend at the RuneSpan. Sounds like fun!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I've got nearly 2000 air runes from fire spirits. Elemental runes seem easy from firemaking now. Wink
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2