The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adyna the Harlequin

3 posters

Go down

Adyna the Harlequin Empty Adyna the Harlequin

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 11, 2012 4:50 am

Adyna is first encountered during the pre-quest, where she is seen slaughtering Zuriel's revenant and taking the diamond from atop his staff. Zuriel was written out of this quest to avoid any complications with his staff.

Possibly: she will face you in combat. You must survive for a length of time. During the fight, you will witness her attempting to harness the power of miasma. After the length of time, she will end the duel and flee stating you were a worthy foe but that this is not the time nor place.

Possibly: the Stranger will be graphically updated to look female rather than male, but her identity will remain concealed/unrecognizable from her appearing in homecoming apocalypse. It will be a piece of trivia.

After this, Adyna can be found in four locations around the map. In each location, she represents the Illusory, Occlusive, Facade and Mind Diamonds. Each location represents a different challenge. Alternatively, these locations are unlocked one after the other. Adyna keeps the Miasmic diamond at one of her fortresses, which exists as a Miasmic Manifestation.

In order to face Adyna you must stake one of your diamonds, requiring at least one other segment of the quest to begin this section.

*more to come*
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Adyna the Harlequin Empty Re: Adyna the Harlequin

Post by Slayer Noir Fri May 11, 2012 6:23 am

To expand on the idea I was trying to get across in our ingame discussion. I fear I'm explaining this rather badly.

Adyna has the ability to be in several places at the same time. However, each instance of her existence is based upon one of the diamonds she possesses. So, when she has 4 diamonds - illusionary, miasmic, facade and mind, there are 4 instances of her, one made up of each element.

I'll now use the venom diamond as the example, since I know more about that one than the others.
If you stake the venom diamond against her and loose, she will take it from you. A fifth instance of Adyna will be created, representing venom. If you break into her fortress, the venom instance of Adyna will be there, and for simplicity's sake, the other 4 instances of Adyna will be elsewhere. Fighting the venom instance of Adyna will be as similar as possible to fighting Weaver, so you'll have to endure 100 minions before fighting Adyna, who wields the abilty to inflict disease.

Essentially, this will be as close to repeating the boss fight as possible without creating plot paradoxes.

Is that any better than how I was explaining it before?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri May 11, 2012 6:46 am

I wouldn't say Adyna has the "ability" per se, unless I'm just over-reading how you meant that. She is in multiple places because NPCs can do that, like Xuan the loyalty points guy is in Burthorpe and Varrock.

My summary (there's some differences):

In each location, she represents one of her four forms: Illusory, Occlusive, Facade and Mind. The objective is to defeat all four, and claim the four diamonds. In order to face a challenge, you must stake a diamond that you have already collected. For example, Vemon.

• If you win in the first try, you take her diamond and she's disappears from this fortress/location. Leaving you with only 3 remaining fortresses. You cannot stake the Illusory, Occlusive, Facade and Mind diamonds.

• If you lose, she will take the staked diamond as her own. The diamond, say Venom, will now appear as a manifestation within the fortress. The manifestation is like a shade or one of Nex's bodyguards, and is the embodiment of the diamond. These are kept locked within the her fortresses.

You now have two paths:
• Stake another diamond to obtain the diamond you lost.
--You will only claim the number of diamonds that you staked. If she has two and you stake one, you will claim one as a reward. Her original diamond will be the last you will win.

• Steal back the diamond you lost. Each fortress has a different requirement for stealing the diamond back (such as thieving to unlock the door, or agility to climb in through the roof, etc). Once inside her safe: kill the embodiment and take back the diamond. If you steal from her, the next time you challenge her is increased in difficulty.
--The challenge is more difficult if you steal from her.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Fri May 11, 2012 7:01 am

I am suggesting an "ability per se". I think it raises less questions if we do it that way, plus, effectively having to redo a boss fight is a better punishment in my opinion (I'll explain why in a bit, I'm a tad busy atm)
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun May 13, 2012 5:25 am

A repeat boss? That sounds more frustrating than challenging...

Also increasing the difficulty of the battle sounds silly because if you couldn't beat her one time, then how in hell are you supposed to beat her a second time if she is more powerful?

Perhaps you could reclaim your lost diamonds after the fight where you have to kill the embodiment/crack open the safe.

Last edited by Dragon78114 on Sun May 13, 2012 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun May 13, 2012 5:29 am

Hang on. I'm confused.

A. I thought the diamonds were reclaimed after the fight anyway
B. If you see the concept as an issue, how would the timing of the diamond being reclaimed make it any less of a problem?

Am I being stupid or misinterpreting you or something? I'm not too great at thinking with a hangover...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun May 13, 2012 5:37 am

According to 3mpty they are if you win. I'm talking about if you lose the bet the Adnya.

Then maybe stealing from her before the fight begins won't matter.

Also for the punishments for losing you suggested about her becoming stronger with each successive try. To me that is unnecessary; if you couldn't defeat Adnya the first time, how can you defeat her for a second time if she is stronger?

I can imagine the punishment for stealing the diamond back wold be a more challenging fight since you did cheat the deal, but for losing? That seems too harsh.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun May 13, 2012 8:17 am

Basic concept is:

1) Stake a diamond to challenge her for her diamond.
2) Win, you claim the diamond.
3) Lose, she takes your staked diamond.

Issues: what to do about the fact she has multiple diamonds. How do you win multiple diamonds from her? And what if you're out of diamonds to stake? As in, if she has two do you need to stake two? Et cetera.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon May 14, 2012 5:45 am

We could make a Time Diamond?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir