The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The concept of Legendary items...

+2
TATORZ
The Empty Lord
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Legendary items?

The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 17% 
[ 1 ]
The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap50%The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 Empty The concept of Legendary items...

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Currently, in RuneScape, legendary items are generically the best. Their states, their effects, etc. But does anyone else dislike this? I've always preferred that a legendary item merely represented wealth, achievement or is worn for it's appearance or effect and not because it's generically better than modern equipment. For example, chromatic equipment (bronze through to new equipment) should forever excel what you can obtain from the past in terms of defensiveness. However, legendary items represent more than that. Dragon stands for wealth with the Barrows' equipment worn for their effects... the choice of smithed armour that may be better vs an effect like Guthan's? I don't know, what do you guys think?

Fable, Pokemon, etc, they all use Legendary items for being unique and not necessarily better. Fable has a weapon called the Hammerthyst and it's epic when you receive it because it excels anything your level could possibly own and it's got a nifty Augment. However, as you progress further into the game it's surpassed by chromatic equipment. I think that the Master Cutlass is the best weapon in the game, but some legendary items have effects that would make them desirable over the Master Cutlass. Umm... such as that one which deals double damage to the undead. Smile

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 Empty Re: The concept of Legendary items...

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:46 am

Dark Avorian wrote:Do you realize how redundant and silly that sounds...
Lol - I don't know why I put that much. Confuse

Dark Avorian wrote:I wasn't talking about godly weapons, this whole idea that somehow a god's weapon is more powerful than ours is foolish...if saradomin had a bronze longsword as his holy weapon he'd still be able to 1-hit the Corporeal Beast but it would still be a bronze longsword

Wasn't that my point?

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The concept of Legendary items... - Page 2 Empty Re: The concept of Legendary items...

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:50 am

No, The godsword is a weapon made by ancient smiths for the use of MORTALS, the Barrows armour was enchanted and made by sliske for HUMAN WARRIORS. Dragon was made by the dragonkin as a powerful armour. Therefore they are powerful because of tehir own attributes
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:57 am

Your "Ancient Smiths" are mortals, however powerful. We do not yet know of an item created by the gods. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:58 am

but they weren't humans, they were of a race that I'm pretty sure was/is superior to ours.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:06 am

Wasn't it made by Aviansie smiths?
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:10 am

yeah
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:37 am

I understand both Dark and 3mpty's argument, but, over all, I prefer 3mpty's. For whatever reasoning their is behind the legendary items, and I'm sure some can be better (end of) purely because of difficultly to obtain (or otherwise). But the majority shouldn't. Maybe it's just the Fable-fan in me.

Speaking of InMe, great band!
Sir Kandarin
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2