The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dungeoneering Instances

5 posters

Go down

Dungeoneering Instances Empty Dungeoneering Instances

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:38 am

Dungeoneering would be renamed "Exploration" purely to allow for a larger variety of instances -a lick of paint is about the only thing we can give the various instances to disguise the fact they are essentially the same minigame, dungeons generally only come in one style. Confuse

I'm currently designing an Atlantis based instance - basically a mish-mash of Greek mythology. It's all circles and cranks, rather than a key-maze.

What are your guys ideas? Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Dungeoneering Instances Empty Re: Dungeoneering Instances

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:26 am

Well, I say designed. I'm trying to build a simple flash animation where you've got to get from the spawn room to the boss. Permitted you can see the whole map from the offset (which wouldn't be the case in-game: each room would be fogged until you enter it) and there is nothing preventing you from completing it backwards (I'm not that good at actionscript). But the basic concept is there... Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carnage Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:53 pm

I don't see why not... Exploring one mahjarrat's tracks through the dungeon of the dragonkin doesn't really seem like it should be a skill in and of itself. As an adventurer, what is the purpose in honing your skills for this single instance? How could this possibly help you in your quests to serve people who have never heard of the Dragonkin or the Mahjarrat?

Wouldn't it make sense for the skill to be your ability to explore and progress through dungeons? Wouldn't a new, atlantis-like location or a new cave system be a good location for new quests and events that are only accessable to those with the ability to explore them? This single-instance scenario is the biggest inhibitor to dungeoneering as a skill and it simply doesn't make sense to me.

Carnage
Initiate

Number of posts : 61

http://myspace.com/punkocity

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:19 pm

I wouldn't have minded so much if Jagex had said "And there's another one in the works! But since Dungeoneering is such a team-based skill, having the player-based divided over multiple locations wouldn't have made sense anyway." but instead they said (and I'm paraphrasing, btw), "We have no plans to make additional dungeons, but that's by no means saying we won't add them."

My skills in Flash have also hindered my work. I've managed to create a 4x4 grid and I've programmed 2 of the different control options... but the 3rd and 4th are-- difficult. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:24 pm

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Okay, I give up on making the Flash. You guys can just imagine how I imagined it to work. Tongue

Of course - it's a lot harder if you can't see where you're going to. Tongue

The Smuggler character would follow you, since it could be difficult to return to base.

The Smuggler can teleport you to, and there is means to teleport you back, to the spawn room - so you can use the tools. The Smuggler will only enter clear rooms - so he won't follow you into battle. This makes the telestone thingy still useful for bosses such as the Bohemouth. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ashley Sat May 22, 2010 4:53 pm

3mptylord wrote:Dungeoneering would be renamed "Exploration" purely to allow for a larger variety of instances -a lick of paint is about the only thing we can give the various instances to disguise the fact they are the same minigame, dungeons generally only come in one style. Confuse

I'm currently designing an Atlantis based instance - basically a mish-mash of Greek mythology. It's all circles and cranks, rather than a key-maze.

What are your guys ideas? Grin
3mptylord , this is the first post , and i think really the only one nessasary and good one . Dungeoneering is a substitution , i wont take most of my time to train Dungeoneering . this is my idea , thanks . Dungeoneering Instances Star3
ashley
ashley
Squire

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Kandarin Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:37 am

The spinning puzzle thing looks intriguing...
Sir Kandarin
Sir Kandarin
Proselyte

Number of posts : 192

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:28 pm

So basically, dungeons with different styles, similar to the temples in the Zelda video game series, and changing the name to Exploration. I'm all for it, you've already seen Irafurno, but that would take a lot of coding and concept stuff, especially if some of the new intances have their own set of items.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:32 am

Oh yeah, I was designing Atlantis as well... wasn't I? Cheeky

I start too many things that I never finish. Depressed
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin