The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Building

4 posters

Go down

TBU...

Team Building I_vote_lcap25%Team Building I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Team Building I_vote_lcap75%Team Building I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Team Building I_vote_lcap0%Team Building I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Team Building Empty Team Building

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:20 pm

This is a branch of "RuneScape's Playerbase Sucks the Nut!"... where we'll be working to add a team-building essence to each non-combat skill, Trev had a brilliant idea for Mining! Every skill, listed below, will compile a list of group-friendly ideas, a relative distraction and a Team Building Update (TBU)! I feel that my TBU for RuneCrafting is an example of what a good TBU is. Smile

Note that some of the "Group Friendly" ideas I have listed could be made into TBUs or Distractions... just come up with a concept and there we go. Grin

Team Building Mining10

Mining
Group Friendly:

• Multiple ores per rock so that there is less snarling.
  • Ore spawns faster in more popular worlds.
  • Larger rocks that respond to players in a similar fashion to Meteors, the more players the faster the ore comes away.
  • Dwarven Tunnels minigame, similar to the Fishing Trawler where the players have to venture into the catacombs whilst helping each other with pitprops and such!
Distraction: Shooting Stars

Team Building update: NEEDED
Team Building Runecr10

Runecrafting
Group Friendly:

• Trade Restriction free... so that RuneCrafting Companies can start up again and everyone will be happy!
  • We've had runners, and crafters... how about collectors? Whilst mining essence free pieces regularly fall to the ground... collectors can fill and inventory in no time.
Distraction: NEEDED

Team Building update:

• One rune (relative to the altar) is required to embude an obelisk, but one player alone can only keep one, maybe two, obelisks active... if you run about trying to activate all four you will find the first two going out before you get back to number one. Embuding the obelisks receives a small amount of experience, so each rune isn't completely wasted. Empowered obelisks leak green "fireflies" and draw in yellow "fireflies"... not actually fireflies, but specs.
  • Elemental Staffs, Battlestaffs and Mystic staffs can also be used to embude an obelisk, but each obelisk drains energy from the staff until it's left useless. A Staff will chrage two obelisks before depleting, a Battlestaff would last four and a Mystic Staff would last eight. To recharge an Empty Staff you can either use it upon the respective Enchanting Obelisk, or use it upon the Crystal Ball in your Player Owned House (combination staffs don't work).

The following effects will only take place whilst all four obelisks have been empowered, so more than one Embuder would be required;

• Combination Runes will no longer fail, anyone using a Binding Necklace will find it spares their talisman instead... however, sparing a talisman will consume a one fo three charges. Note that the charges for this second effect and the charges for the original effect are linked, if one of them expires the necklace breaks, whether both charges are up or not.
  • Crafters will receive 25% extra experience per essence used, and an additional 25% harvest... meaning you'll receive free runes equal to a quarter of the essence you put in. Note that this effect happens simultaneously to the multiple runes, meaning neither effect the other.
  • Each altar an Embuder empowers is worth an invisible 25% zeal. This zeal is how much experience you receive equal to the crafters... so if I'm keeping two altars active I will receive 50% of the experience that a crafter does. Now 50% might not seem like much, but you don't need essence or to get to the bank and back... just keep a stack of runes and be charitable.
Team Building Woodcu10

Woodcutting
Group Friendly:

• Trees respawn faster in more popular world. Smile
Distraction:
Team Building update:
Team Building Fishin10

Fishing
Group Friendly:

• The more players the faster the fishing, although fishing is already really crowded... maybe the more players the slower the spots relocate?
  • Fishing boats, where multiple players can row out into the water... the more players the larger the haul. The equivilent of minings larger-rocks.
Distraction: NEEDED Kraken? Lol, grab your scuba gear 'cause if you a tentical you better dive in and... Question

Team Building update:
Team Building Firema10

Firemaking
Group Friendly:

• Bonfires?
  • Cremation? If lots of players work together to build a fire then
    it's possible you could have a small period of bonus prayer exp for
    using bones/ashes on the fire.

Distraction: NEEDED Make use of the Beacons... rather than just an after-quest minigame,
have little waves of enemies try and cross the border! You have to get
the fires burning and fend off? Possibly a team thing?

Team Building update: NEEDED
Team Building Thievi10

Theiving
Group Friendly:

• The more players theiving the more distracted the NPCs are, so the less chance of failure.
  • Guards would be reprogrammed to keep an eye on combat when in combat; they can't shout at theives or stop fighting if they are.

Distraction: Heists?
Team Building update: NEEDED Heists?

Other skills as needed.

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sat May 30, 2009 12:51 am; edited 21 times in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Team Building Empty Re: Team Building

Post by TATORZ Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:27 pm

All of these ideas can be with busier worlds or with more people around.

Woodcutting - Trees respawn faster/have more logs
Thieving - Easier to pickpocket Wink
Farming - Crops grow faster/are less likely to get diseased
Runecrafting - Lower chance of combo runes failing

The trawler needs something to get rid of freeloaders before it can be anything.

Last edited by Dark War 123 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevlacsnow Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:29 pm

I would say the trawler mini game goes someway to alleviate this problem in fishing, though you don't have to shares resources in normal fishing anyway.
Trevlacsnow
Trevlacsnow
Squire

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevlacsnow Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:31 pm

For farming the ability to heal other peoples crops, which earns you farming xp, aka you never have to plant your own crops just help others with their crops instead.

Laughing
|
|
|
\/

Last edited by Trevlacsnow on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trevlacsnow
Trevlacsnow
Squire

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Trev, you do know there is an edit button. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:27 am

Krakken sounds great! It could appear along shorelines and perhaps in new underwater areas. Maybe you can find them by the rowboats, too.

Fishing spots move slower in more populated worlds.

Cooking/Other Distraction - ARMY CAMP! Man's makeshift army wanders aimlessly around RuneScape looking for wars and battles, though they never find them. If you are lucky enough to find their scout, talk to him and be blindfolded and taken to their camp. Once there, you are asked to cook for them. You could also supply them with armor to make this a Smithing Distraction, and you could make them fires for firemaking.

Firemaking could be a lot, beacons, Army Camp, bonfires/ceremonial fires, and perhaps fires last longer in more populated worlds.

Perhaps while smithing in a more populated world, you have less chance of failing to smelt iron.

Animals are more distracted in populated worlds, use this to your advantage to catch them easier.

Perhaps plants get diseased less, need less water, gets weeds less, and gives a slightly higher crop yield in more populated worlds. Compost could also get made quicker. Farming needs all of these to get more people to do it I'm afraid...

Sorry this is all kinda general stuff...
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Orb Master44 Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Hello everyone Smile

I don't think this needs to be something that will attract people to popular worlds, but encourage people to work together. Just being in an area with more popular doesn't encourage team-building. There are some people who actually prefer less crowded areas or even empty areas. But giving every skill a way to work together with someone or a small group would add a whole new level to RuneScape. It would be incredible.

Anyway, some of my ideas:

Slayer - Slayer Boss Monsters, that gives exp to everyone who deals over a certain % of hp.

Hunter - Xena's Mammoth hunting idea comes to mind. It would be a complex process, requiring people at several areas to preform their task as the beat passes to trap it, kill it, and get the hide and exp.

Agility - A trap-filled, level 75 or 80 obstacle course. All the traps can be easily deactivated, but only by someone on the opposite side of the wall the runs down the middle of the course. So you have to trust the people going one way to help you go the other.

That's it for now. Also, the firemaking distraction sounds a lot like a Minigame.
Orb Master44
Orb Master44
TST Leader
TST Leader

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:12 am

All very nice, I will update yours (Orbie and Dark) when Hitman is finshed... it's so weird after having played the games. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:52 am

Well, if people go to more populated worlds to do these things, there will be more people doing the same.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:38 pm

What's the Team Building Project?
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
RuneScape playerbase has always been solitary, but never has it been more so since the release of the trading restrictions. Players just don't need to interact with each other anymore! Aside from the odd clan, or friendship group, everyone is overly competative when it comes to training their skills... and many aspects of the game! Angry

So the Suggestion Team established the Team Building Project to help correct our lonely and competative game, by suggesting new and unique content aimed specficially at solving this dire problem... and ultimately get the community to be a bit more friendly! Venture to the cow fields, yew tree spawns... friendly sights indeed? Wink

This threads target;
RUNECRAFT

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´•.¸¸.•´¯`•._.•
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down