The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zaros curse

4 posters

Go down

Zaros curse Empty Zaros curse

Post by Duskcurse Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Well today I was thinking of zaros curse and I thought that perphas whe are part of zaros curse the part that is affecting his supernatural betrayers like the mahjarrats and drakan, well what are your thought about this
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Zaros curse Empty Re: Zaros curse

Post by MorbiusMonster Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 pm

The Mahjarrat and Drakan are as close to immortality as you can get, so material objects or persons matter not to them as greatly as we do. When you live forever, what do you live for?

Also, the aspect of a curse being cast on the Mahjarrat isn't that original or inventive. Being highly powerful beings prevents them from being cursed or suffering the effects as greatly. There is little that could be done to them that could make them even feel remotely tortured.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:49 pm

Would you get that bored if you were immortal? Like... if you were captured, instead of resisting, you'd just wait from them to die? Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 am

I would very easily be bored. Life has little meaning when any goals of it are surpassed.

If I had all the money in the world, the pursuit for earning would be pointless.
If I had all the skill in the world, the pursuit of self-improvement would be meaningless.
If I had eternal life, the endeavour to do anything would have no purpose, as a limit of our time impulses us to fulfil that time wisely.

Perhaps that in itself is the greatest curse. That no pleasures in life will satisfy or make one fulfilled. There would be no drive to improve, no ambition to earn and no joy in doing anything.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:05 am

What I mean is that with our actions againt the people that betrayed hime whe are exacting his curse
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:08 am

I don't know if being immortal would remove purpose from your life. Time changes as well... even if you learned everything there was to learn, by the time you've learnt it all there would be new things to learn.

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:14 am

Can we get back on topic please ARGH!
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:18 am

I don't get what you're trying to say Sad
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:35 am

Look if you have done the zaros curse mini quest the zamorakian warrior tells you that he was affected but that drakan and the other mahjarrats weren't affected, and what I am trying to say here is that ourselves the adventurers with their actions are fulfilling their part of the curse do you get me now?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:44 am

Duskcurse wrote:ourselves the adventurers with their actions are fulfilling their part of the curse do you get me now?

I don't understand that bit. Are you asking if you think our player has been afflicted for helping them? Or what?

The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:45 am

Is this Zamorakian deceased by any chance? It can only work if the warrior is dead and has been dead for so long that they need a ring of visibility to be seen.

Does the warrior necessarily have to be male or was Zamorak sexist?

Come up with something a little more, then I may consider it.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:46 am

I still think my idea with the Underworld beneath the Wildnerness was better.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:48 am

The Curse of Zaros only afflicted those who were involved in his downfall, and the curse prevents their soul from passing on. Even if Zamorak, Drakan and the Mahjarrat were affected... it's firstly questionable if they even have souls, and secondly, they are required to die before the curse has any visible torment.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:58 am

No I mean that the player is a manifestation of the curse in some way, for example Drakan had supreme controll over moritanya but with our arrival his downfall is coming, do you get me now?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:13 am

Too Farfetch'd...

Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:24 am

Still no. You're not making it any easier to understand.

If the Player was intentionally a manefested curse, then it would be non-specific to affect all, not just those of Zamorak. It would affect Saradomin's followers as his forces also aided in the erasure of Zaros' past influence.

You could get away with saying this...

"The spirit of a fallen soldier, whom trained themselves to sense the aura of foes, emerges from the spirit plane, after a great disturbance in the spectral energy is sensed. The source at first is difficult to pinpoint precisely, but an unwitting adventurer is somewhat central to it all. Without their knowledge, the player's communication with the fallen lord has resulted in fabric of space and coincidence to distort somewhat in their favour, as the dark lord wishes to protect the one mortal that can seal the fate of Gielinor.

The warrior, with thoughts and desires their own, wishes to fully test the coincidence fold that has localised itself around said individual with a small mission, to observe whether the world really pivots itself in their favour."

It makes sense, as it finally can lay to rest a reason why the "whole universe revolves around you" issue, by showing that your timeline has been manipulated perfectly by the heathen gods to ensure that trust is built between you and so many others, as to aid the cause that he designs you to perform.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:39 am

Yes that was wat I was trying to say, thanks Morb
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:42 am

Still not overly impressed by it. I was just making it sound more interesting. An aura reader just made it more amusing and the distortion of space to make it sound clever.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:42 am

You realise the curse did affect some Saradomists. However, Saradomin did not actively aid Zamorak in the downfall, so there is no reason the curse would have afflicted more than just those responsible.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:01 am

No the curse was to affect all that helped to his downfall directly or indirectly, perphas thats why the aviance died as part of zaros curse, because armadyl helped indirectly in his fownfall and what could be worst for armadyl thatn to lost the aviances
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:17 am

For the curse to affect the avianese because they are Armadylian, because Armadyl's staff was used... then you're saying all humans are cursed, because half a dozen helped, that all Saradomists were cursed because some Saradomists helped. There absolutely no reason to believe it afflicted the avianese, nor could it possibly be responsible for their extinction. The curse did not kill, it merely prevented their souls from crossing over - they are forced to exist for eternity, until time itself ceases to exist.

To be honest, the curse was pretty last minute and wasn't really thought through. There are plenty of other short-lived mortals who were directly involved, who weren't affected by the curse (such as werewolves). I don't think you should try and make too much depth. I think Zaros just cursed those six people, and that's it. Confuse
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:36 pm

If you look at the evidence, the werewolves suffer a somewhat demeaned existence (those in Morytania). In their wolf forms, they are poorly dextrous, their head shape means they have smaller brain matter and their appearance engenders no sympathy. Also their tails are laughably short.

They can't travel beyond their town, they have to pay blood all the time, their diet isn't all that nutritious and their transformation can be inhibited by simple means. It feels like they are somewhat cursed.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Perhaps the curse afflicts those that follow a god. The Dorgeshuun don't follow a god, and are far more enlightened than most species. The Elves don't follow a god (Seren isn't much of a god, more of a spiritual presence), and they are a peace loving race with advanced intellect and skill. And Arzonus have decided to no longer follow gods anymore, believing the practise to be archaic, and they achieved a state of near perfection.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:43 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, please morb dont do that dont erase the gods from arzonus, please I beg you Sad
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:06 pm

MorbiusMonster wrote:If you look at the evidence, the werewolves suffer a somewhat demeaned existence (those in Morytania). In their wolf forms, they are poorly dextrous, their head shape means they have smaller brain matter and their appearance engenders no sympathy. Also their tails are laughably short.

I actually like the current appearance, to be honest. They're lack of tail is appropriate, given that it serves no purpose - it's laughable that you think they need one. Their neck, perhaps human's weakest point, is protected.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down