The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[P] Content ideas

+4
Gladzosaurus Rex
Duskcurse
The Empty Lord
Zectiox
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[P] Content ideas - Page 3 Empty [P] Content ideas

Post by Zectiox Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:22 am

First topic message reminder :

Just thought of making a thread where we could upload new simple tiny content.. such as ores, trees, fishes, logs, anything as INGAME icons and images Tongue

^
I really hope we can make new content instead of having the old RS contents : D.. somekind of new ores, trees, fishes, herbs, weapons, armors.... creatures.. which only can be found in Pallis?

Im in a mood of creating weapons, armors and ores Tongue so just come with suggestions! Grin

Last edited by Zectiox on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Number of posts : 743

Back to top Go down

[P] Content ideas - Page 3 Empty Re: [P] Content ideas

Post by Zectiox Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:47 pm

well ofc, if we do it as a expansion to runescape. just like the idea of introduce some new ores too

Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:49 am

I was just rebuilding smithing as I went there, I planned to include all metals eventually... just make more out of alloying. Smile

Introduce a few more early game and it'll become more habitual... Brass and Bronze, for example. Bronze, Iron and Steel are quirky, sort of, but then it becomes bland.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:29 am

lets make smithing endless, somehow (with options to make quite strong armors in the end). I just love the idea of introduce new ores, as brass and zinc.. and theres some alloys to take in as here
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:19 pm

well we got smithing on the way (as well as mining) I just want to change something or a lot on these other skills too. maybe make some new ones or...

one idea:

3mpty, you remember your "skill"-tree you showed me a bit a time a go.. from being one to another... just wonder if we could have a skill-tree with some skills as the basic then you could upgrade to get futher skills..

Woodcutter -> Firemaker -> Cooker....

if you know how I mean Tongue. you could start with. i.e. the mining skill. you need to gain somekind of lvl to gain a skill-point in which you can spend in the skill-tree. We could have

A) mining skill ---> Smithing skill. and with this first mining skill you could get to lvl 99-120 whenever you want. OR we could do

B) mining skill (first tier, zinc-tin, copper-tin..) - mining skill (2nd tier...)
.................... \smithing skill (first tier brass, bronze)----\smithing skill 2nd tier

or we have this tier tree
...................crafting tier 1--crafting tier 2
mining tier 1< mining tier 2< mining tier 3
..................smithing tier 1--smithing tier 2
in this we have the first mining skill with the first tiers you can mainly until you gain a skill-point which you can spend on either mining tier 2 or smithing tier 1, or crafting tier 1...

the same could we have with other skills... i.e
...........................Firemaking tier 1---firemaking tier 2
woodcutting tier 1 >>
...........................Construction tier 1--construction tier 2

....................runecrafting tier 1
magic tier 1 < magic tier 2
...................summoning tier 1

just want to combine some skills so we dont end up having skills with no xtra tiers... magic could develop into either runecrafting and summoning

on the same time we could have
....................Herblore tier 1
farming tier 1< farming tier 2

if herblore is more farming then magic.

.....................cooking tier 1-- cooking tier 2
hunting tier 1< hunting tier 2<
.....................agility tier 1----agility tier 2

here hunter could be albe to hunt animals for food, not just for hides.. Tongue

................prayer tier 1
slayer tier 1< slayer tier 2<
................necromancer tier 1 (if someone want to have it here ;D)

just thought that prayer needs to something... killing something get the bones, bury....
...................fletching tier 1
Ranger tier 1< ranger tier 2

I dont know if we put fletching in the same tree as woodcutting, if woodcutting should have tree other tiers (firemaking, construction and/or fletching) or if we for example puts firemaking on the hunting tier Tongue.

then we have thief, attack, defense, strength and hitpoints that havent got a tier yet

thief isnt that hard to fit in somewhere... att, def and str is hard as it isnt depending on something else. so maybe their own tiers that you unlock in the tutorial. including hitpoints.

well this is just a suggestion, hope you like it xoxo xD

Last edited by Zectiox on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling words -.-'')
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

Umm, maybe. It wouldn't have to be so confusing though, it could just be the skill tree... Fletching is unlocked at level 5 Woodcutting, or whatever. You can still train Woodcutting, and you can still train Fletching. The only redundantcy here is that currently in Fletching, say, a Yew Bow does require you to cut Yew... even if it's not a specified requirement. In fact, it's not specified for good reason, I think, because not all woodcutters would fletch (and vice verse). Would be a good way to control the skills a little more, but I'm not sure it'd be popular. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:13 am

just dont know if we shall copypaste runescape skill-system or make a own system, with similar skills though (if we make a runescape expansion or a own game)

Spoiler:

I just want to include sculpture and paper as a crafting ability. Hunting with bow for a medieval feeling of hunting rabbits or deers. Scholar, as a whole new skill, be able to write books (you need paper and ink), study and research history and maybe find a new plant to farm, or potion to make or anything else,

what do you think of that?
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:38 am

what do you think of including skills like Merchant? they could gain xp by trading stuff to NPCs or putting up a store on the market (as they got something to sell, ores, cooked food.. etc) Or even combine it with Sailor (to be able to sail on the sea, even if we dont have that many seas, still large enough) they could either buy a boat or build it themself using the construction skill and crafting to get the sails.. then they just can either choose a direction to travel to, (higher lvl the longer and "dangerous" roads you can take over the sea)
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:57 am

Sculpture and origami are kind of pointless, but could be added merely for decorating your PoH.

But adding additional features to skills is a-given. Even if we pretend this is an expansion, we're still rebuilding the game. This is RS-3, not RS-2. I've been imagining ditching Ranged anyway. Ranged would be replaced with Hunter - which uses bows, light-weapons, and other tracker-based abilities ("sneak")(such as cloak, detection, first-strike, etc). Ranged is just too... finite as it stands.

Warriors use melee, taunts and battlecries.
Sorcerers use magic, curses and area of effect.
Hunters use ranged, sneak and tracking abilities.

Imagine it's an RTS... warriors are ground, sorcerers are air, and hunters are the annoying cloaked units. Tongue

Maybe even go as far as to remove the third damage type, just two types of damage; Physical and Magical.

Also, no. A merchant skill sounds kind of lame. It's not a game-skill, it's a real-life skill... some players can and some players can't. The game cannot control your ability to handle stocks. Some sort of renown feature could allow players to haggle, and further merchant capabilities where trading with NPCs is actually useful... yes, those are additional features to the game. But not a skill. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:50 am

well im supporting the hunting taking the ranger skills and with warrior having the str, att, def (ofc) and sorcerer having magic. but shall we have it as a class or just so everyone can be warrior, sorcerer (,hunter)... Hunter could just be for hunting food, warriors could throw javelins or spears at the enemy or just have them fireing off some arrowstrikes Tongue sorcerers... will we ever introduce healing Tongue as a skill or ability Tongue
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:22 am

They are classes, but they are not locked as is the case with games like World of Warcraft. Hunters have both cloaking and detection skills, so even if you can't use cloaking as Warriors and Sorcerers, the detection skills are useful. Smile

With things like hunting for food, hunter would still have non-combat specific abilities. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:49 am

so you just either choose your outfit, i.e. the armor to become a warrior (class) or robe to become magician? It all need developing Tongue yeah Hunting (if something) would have non-combat abilities Tongue either go to war with monsters or hunt to survive Tongue

"What class do you choose"
[X] Warrior....[ ] Sorcerer...[ ] Hunter

This could be a option during quests. Activites or minigames.. idk then you could be able to use the skills that a warrior can do (or the other two classes, if you choose that one...) Tongue

but somehow you need to seprate them from each other and still be able to choose from each type of class

it could also be like tabs

_____/Warrior____/Sorcerer_____/Hunter______
Warrior skills.......Sorcerer skills.....Hunter skills

and when you choose the warrior tab you need to have some armor or other "warrior-only" stuff on to be able to do the warrior skill, the same with the other 2 tabs..
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:53 am

Coulda sworn I replied.

There would be skill trees for each class, however, there is no locking between them. Class-based effects will be based on an analysis of your equipment: heavy armour will dampen magic attacks and be too noisy for sneak abilities. If you have such high magic that it negates any negative effects, good on you.

Me and my mate have a lengthy discussion on the pros and cons of hybrid vs rock-paper-scissors combat. We came to compromise that hybridding is fully possible if you earn it, but the damage types themselves still have weaknesses/strengths: however that was broken down to elements/weapon types... So attributes, fire magic vs ground magic vs light weapons vs heavy weapons, etc. Ground magic doesn't hit hard on plate armour, for example. Smile

This is something that will be subject to further discussion, I'm sure. Combat is a tough one.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 am

its sounds good with the class-tree and that heavy armor dampen magic attacks but is too noisy for sneak attacks for example. splendid! Grin We' work on that

combat system is something Ive been thinking of too, what would be best and suit best etc. Like the weakness/strength idea or rock-paper-scissor combat as it is most realistic.

well what are we doin here now? is it the mining and smithing lvl-tree we're developing, suggesting and discussing? or have i missed something? Tongue

we got tin, copper and zinc as the basic minerals (or lvl 1+ minerals). Could we have the ability to cut stone > granite > marble (for crafting/sculpture)? as it is mining you do, but not smith/forge. Anyway, tin copper and zinc. and the alloys, so far, are:

copper - tin = bronze
copper - zinc = brass
[lead - tin = Pewter (used in churches during the middle age, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pewter) ]

shall we have real alloys or can we figure out our own alloys? Grin I can't just find any other suitable alloy, other than runescapes i.e. mithril + coal etc.. Sigh
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:50 am

Do we introduce new trees to the Pallis expansion? as we got around 19 terrain-types on the map-description. Or do we have the usual trees, oaks... marple... yews.. magic trees.. bla bla bla or do we have some new intresting looking, tall, trees? ;D
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:54 am

Haha, simply add new trees and ores and gems and such all the way up. So level 1 Woodcutting is tier-1 trees, and ditto. Smile
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:27 am

why not ;D

we could introduce trees like

Cedar Tree
Dragon Tree (Dragaena Draco)
Spruce
Larch
plane tree
Horse-chestnut or Conker tree. (the same thing)
Eastern Cottonwood
coast redwood (it similar to evergreen but.. huge huge huge.. Tongue could be fun ;D)
Elm

we could have other types of Oaks, like Red oak

real extinct trees such as the String tree (Acalypha rubrinervis),

we could have both extinct and alive trees as maybe Pallis didnt have that disaster earth had for a couple of milions of years ago...
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 am

'Extent' is probably a better choice of word than "alive" when comparing to "extinct". Tongue

I like redwood, elm, chestnut, etc. But we could add some fictional trees... the currently extinct "Witchwood". Smile

Last edited by 3mptylord on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zectiox Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:01 am

my english and I... Tongue you understand though..

yes I hoped you would say that ;D well I meant it is extinct in the real world but not in pallis Tongue, taking some dead old trees and make them cutable and stuff...

but yes, fictional trees indeed.
Zectiox
Zectiox
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3