The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Svet Trilogy

+3
Dragon78114
The Empty Lord
Handeath
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Svet Trilogy - Page 3 Empty The Svet Trilogy

Post by Handeath Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:45 am

First topic message reminder :

The trilogy continues off of two "existing" ones: History and Observatory. In this trilogy, we send an ancient Lunar Mage out of the universe and time itself. While outside, she indirectly almost causes the end of Gielinor, which we stop, so we spend the last quest fighting her as she fades in and out of existance. We finally jump out of the universe as well, and defeat her. Since we are stuck outside our plane, "something" thanks us for saving his plane and returns us home. That's the story, but I need help with the lore and plausiblity.

In "Molding History," We're asked by the Magic Guild, or maybe the Moon Clan, to learn more about the history of Magic, as we have met the founder. We go back in time, help set up the Runecrafting Altars along with V-------, whose name we almost learn. However, a young Lunar Mage, Svet, finds out about our identity, and has a scuffle with us for the key. Unfortunately, it breaks and the player and the mage are sent flying through time and space, the former lands at the Battle of the Outpost, north of Ardougne. We snoop around on how to make another key, do so, and return to the present. See Page 5 for the quest.

In the "Constellation Quest," we start by doing a favor at the Observatory: repairing the bridge. While the player works, the Professor notices that the constellation, Scorpio, is off-kilter. Although he assumes it's because the earth is moving, you decide to seek the spirit of Scorpius himself. When you talk to him, he states that he isn't feeling too well. You keenly note that Scorpio is also amiss. The ghost reveals that he is actually actually a Stellar Spirit, one of the beings who existed on this plane before humans. Unfortuanately, this information is "illegal" to disclose, and you two are teleported before the other spirits. When they chastise Scorpio's actions, he states that it was necessary: by some flux, a black hole will swallow Gielinor. The player states that they should be able to handle it, but they are not strong enough, but Solaris, Gaia, and Zorya are. However, their power must be confined to a host, 3 with great magical power. The player ultimately chooses Kolodion, Brimstail, and Baba Yaga. When the possessed mages destroy the black hole with the player's help from the Observatory, s/he notices a woman standing on the other side, Svet. See Page 7 for the quest

And now I'm stuck. I want the final quest to be a crime novel-esque quest: we work with the Temple Knights to catch Svet, who seems to be causing wanton destruction throughout the realm. When the player figures out her plan (TO DESTROY GIELINOR!!!), we work to find out where she keeps disappearing to: outside the Runescape multiverse.

However, I don't know how to put this together.

Last edited by Handeath on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

The Svet Trilogy - Page 3 Empty Re: The Svet Trilogy

Post by Handeath Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:45 pm

POLYHEDRONS

Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:05 am

I think I've misunderstood something...

What exactly is it you need me to do?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:16 am

To summon Zorya, you need to sculpt a sapphire into a prism, particularly an orb. After the quest, you can sculpt all precious gems for Crafting Xp, and sell them to the Gatekeeper in Zanaris for some profit.

I need to think of 6 polyhedrons that have differing shapes for faces (e.g. a soccer ball). These figures need to be easy enough that you don't have to waste thousands of onyxes before you can successfully sculpt one, but hard enough for the first one, the one you make in the quest, a sapphire.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:31 am

And how do you make these? Is there some sort of interactive puzzle where you piece them together or something?
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:10 am

Yes.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:31 pm

I don't really see how this can be a challenge. If you have a bunch of shapes that CAN make a polyhedron and you put them together, a polyhedron will kinda make itself, no matter what shape...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:02 am

So what do you suggest I do?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:10 am

if I were you, just wikipedia the polyhedrons and select the link that will take you to the quasiregular polyhedrons. They have some crazy-ass names but have a picture of many possible shapes.

EDIT: the Archimedian solids would be a better fit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archimedean_solid
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:35 am

You could always make a time limit for completing the puzzle. That would add difficulty if you need it...

But yeah, those Archimedian solids look much better than the ones I was thinking of. I was under the impression that these polyhedrons would have to have the same shape for each face, but these are much better.

I think difficulty would come in order of faces, ie the easiest one should have the lowest amount of faces and the hardest one should have the highest.
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:55 am

Sweet find, Dragon. Grin

Now to decide which ones to use and how many. At a glance, given the difficulty of many of these solids, I think going with 3, giving one solid to two jewels, would be the best.

EDIT: I like the icosidodecahedron, the truncated icosahedron, and the rhombicosidodecahedron, in that order. They look reasonable, though complex. Confuse
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:18 am

Actually, swap the ico for a Snub Cube.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:27 pm

QUEST 2, The Story of the Secret Star Seers:
SUMMARY:
After you finally fix the Observatory Bridge, you suspect something is amiss when the constellation, Scorpio, is not in alignment with the others. In asking the Spirit of Scorpius what is wrong, the existence of guardians of the realm, Gielinor, and a maelstrom that threatens to destroy it are revealed to you. To stop it, you prepare three vessels for the three most powerful guardians, Solaris, Zorya, and Gaea, to take on the maelstrom themselves. Once you choose Kolodion, the Oneiromancer, and Brimstail, they fail to destroy the vortex. Fortunately, after they learn to use their vessels better, they manage to vanquish that threat.

Length: Long
Difficulty: Master

Completion of:
The Observatory Quest
TokTz-Ket-Dil
The Giant Dwarf
Lunar Diplomacy
Roving Elves
Fairy Tale III – Battle at Ork’s Rift

Have:
Level 64 Construction
Level 69 Mining
Level 71 Smithing
Level 67 Agility
Level 63 Farming
Level 57 Dungeoneering
Level 60 Crafting
Level 70 Summoning

Enemies to Defeat:
TokTz-Mej-Dill
Maelstrom (No Combat Level)

Unlocked a God Spell

Getting Started:
Unlike “Molding History,” you don’t need all the requirements to start this quest. Just talk to the Observatory Professor after you have completed “The Observatory Quest.”

(h) [You]: Hello, professor! How is the observatory going?
(o) [OP]: Well, but the bridge is out.
(sa) [You]: It’s not like anyone really needs to get in here.
(u) [OP]: Well, I don’t really like having to deal with the goblins whenever I need to get some supplies.
The professor’s assistant will come from downstairs, battered and bruised. He drops a crate in the middle of the room before moaning and heading back down.
(sh) [You]: So you have Patrick get them for you.
(u) [OP]: So will you help me for his sake, if not mine?
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (o): Well, the wine was nice…
-2. (sa): Nah, I’d rather just stare at the stars
(Response) [OP]:
-1. (o): Okay, but I can’t say I’ll be much help.
-2. (h): You are almost as bad as me!
(1 continues the conversation and starts the quest. 2 cancels both)
(sa) [OP]: Wait, what wine.…
(sa) [You]: Wait, but won’t I have to get materials?
(h) [OP]: I’ll pay you back, I promise.
Head to a bank, I recommend the Castle Wars bank, and grab the materials you need to make a bridge. (A set of rope, about 24 planks, 2 blocks, a saw, and a hammer). Firstly, throw the rope across the bridge so you can cross without having to traverse the dungeon. (You have a chance of falling, dealing 100 damage.) Now, you can begin to work on the bridge.

The Bridge to the Heavens:
Firstly, you need to build a scaffold to hold up the bridge as you build it. Simply use a plank at each side of the cliff beneath the ruined bridge: each Support will use 5 planks. Once the ruined bridge has support, you can build the Arch using 14 planks on top of the Supports. (You can always run to the bank to grab more materials.) Now you can finally make the bridge. Pick up the 5 blocks scattered on the Northeast side of the bridge. While you can use them on the bridge to hammer them into place, there still is a gaping hole in it. Pry a block off of the broken pillars at each end of the bridge and use it on the bridge. Finally, use your Marble or Limestone block on the bridge to complete it.

The Observatory Professor will have been screaming at you to work harder, do it faster, etc. from inside, but once you finish the bridge, a short cut-scene will begin.
(h) [You]: There I did it! Professor!
You look around, and see that he has left.
(sh) [You]: He isn’t yelling at me, I wonder what is he up to.
You walk inside and climb up to the telescope room, where the Professor is looking into it.
(t) [OP]: Strange…the constellation Scorpio is off.
(t) [You]: Is something wrong?
(o) [OP]: No, there must be a logical explanation about this..
(sh) [You]: But I can cast magi-
(e) [OP]: SCINCE!

Leave the professor and talk to the Spirit of Scorpius at the ZMI Altar.
(t) [You]: Scorpius, is there anything wrong?
(o) [Scorpius]: …
(t) [You]: Scorpius?
(sh) [Scorpius]: I wouldn’t benefit from telling you…
(o) [You]: For one reason or another, your constellation is off. Do you have anything to do with this?
(sh) [Scorpius]: …but we are getting desperate…
(o) [You]: Are you even listening?
(a) [Scorpius]: I AM A CELESTIAL SPIRIT.
As these shocking words come from the spirit’s mouth, the world starts to shimmer.
(s) [You]: What did you do?
(o) [Scorpius]: Bringing you to my “superiors.”
You slowly turn into a random, ethereal familiar as Scorpius turns into a sparkling purple scorpion. However, you aren’t transported to the surreal forest that you remember from Familiarisation, but a black void with stars glimmering in the background.
[Voice]: Scorpio, disobey us again, do you? You have interfered with the maters of mortals before, but revealing yourself is a flagrant violation of our orders.
(o) [Scorpius]: This mortal is an acquaintance of mine, he might be able to heal us with our problem.
Several other beings fade into sight. A pair of black humans steps forward.
(o) [Thing 1]: But we have been
(o) [Thing 2]: ordered not to
(o) [Thing 1]: interfere with
(o) [Thing 2]: life in the
(o) [Thing 1]: material planes.
(o) [Scorpius]: Gemini, can you two –
(t) [You]: Gemini, Scorpio? Aren’t those constellations?
A copper colored set of scales seems to speak.
(o) [Scales]: Ah, mortal. Those constellations merely reflect our condition.
(o) [Scorpius]: Maybe I should explain, Libra.
(o) [Scorpius]: We are Zodiac Spirits, created to watch over the dimensions of this universe.
(o) [Scorpius]: Tell me, [You], do you know much about magic?
(If you have Level 99 Magic)
(l) [You]: Well, I have mastered the art.
(If you don’t have Level 99 Magic)
(sh) [You]: I guess…
(sa) [Scorpius]: Then you would know that magic cannot be created or destroyed, only changed.
(t) [You]: Like runes to spells. But what happens when the spell is cast?
(o) [Scorpius]: Some of the energy just floats up to space.
(sa) [You]: Seems harmless enough.
(o) [Scorpius]: This was fine when magic was only used for peace.
The scene slowly shifts to a battlefield, on which hundreds of soldiers fight. Spells flair periodically, striking down battalions.
(o) [Scorpius]: Centuries ago, as war ravaged your plane, the use of destructive magic went unchecked.
The scene fades back onto you and the Zodiac Spirits.
(o) [Scorpius]: The leftover magic has been collecting ever since, condensing into a storm of magic which threatens your realm.
(sa) [You]: If you’re so powerful, why can’t you take care of it?
(u) [Scorpius]: We, beings of magic, would be assimilated into the anomaly.
(o) [Scorpius]: While they have been discussing what to do, I’ve been trying to get you humans to see it yourself, but I was ‘killed’ before I had the chance.
(t) [You]: Maybe we humans can do more than that.
(o) [Scorpius]: Go on…
(o) [You]: We could rally an army –
(sa) [Scorpius]: To space? You would die in a heartbeat.
(t) [Scorpius]: But a spirit.
A green bull steps forward.
(a) [Bull]: Scorpio, are you mad?! The Seer Spirits-
(o) [Scorpius]: Are exactly what we need, Taurus. Their power coupled with that of the seers would certainly destroy the storm.
(o) [Gemini 1]: But you know
(o) [Gemini 2]: our orders-
(a) [Scorpius]: We have sat here doing nothing because of these orders! This is our last resort.
(o) [Libra]: You will be punished for your insolence…
An orange lion steps forward.
(o) [Lion]: I for one support Scorpio. We have no other choice-
A pink woman cuts the lion short.
(a) [Woman]: Leo, this is madness!
(a) [Leo]: No, Virgo. This. IS. LIFE OR DEATH! Scorpio’s misdeeds aside, he is right. I say we vote on this matter and end this needless banter!
7 of the 11 Zodiac spirits vote. Of course, Libra glares, as much as a set of scales can, in condemning silence.
(sh) [Scorpius]: Thank you for understanding my reasoning.
The spirits nod as they fade back into the darkness of space.
(o) [Scorpius]: Anyway, [You], since I do not possess the energy to travel Gielinor, you must find humans to act as vessels for the seers. Remember, they must possess similar magical and spiritual energy; otherwise they will not be compatible.
(t) [You]: Spiritual energy?
(o) [Scorpius]: One’s soul, one’s identity. It should come naturally to both the spirit and the human. Such bonds are often written among the stars.
(t) [You]: Where can I find the seers?
(sa) [Scorpius]: Normally, they reside deep in the cosmos, but you will find them in the Spirit Realm you are familiar with.
Both of you laugh, until you suddenly find yourself back at Scorpius’s altar on Gielinor, in flesh.

Celestial Matchmaking:
If Scopius’s pun was any clue, you have to enter the Spirit Plane. Find Pikkenmix and have him teleport you there. (Note that you can only enter the realm once per week, it is a D&D after all!) Once you enter a short cut-scene will begin.
(o) [You]: Well, where are they?
(sa) [You]: I suppose being omniscient doesn’t keep you from being late.
(o) [You]: May as well kill the time.

Since the seers are late, you may as well collect shards. Remember that you are still participating in Familiarisation: you can’t come into contact with your opposing creature. Once you collect 40 shards, or have been in the plane for 15 minutes, another cut-scene begins.
The plane around you shimmers, and soon, you’re in a shimmering mess of red, blue and green lights.
(s) [You]: What does this mean?
(o) [Red Voice]: So this is the human who thinks he can help us quell the maelstrom?
(o) [Blue Voice]: He looks quite perturbed, Solaris. Maybe we should find a mortal of a higher caliber.
(o) [Green Voice]: Zorya, you’re scaring him/her even further. We should introduce ourselves. I am Gaea, Seer of Earth.
(o) [Zorya]: Greetings, I am Zorya, Seer of the Moon.
(o) [Solaris]: And I, am the great and powerful-
(o) [Zorya]: Solaris, Seer of the Sun.
(t) [You]: So if you are so powerful, why are you just voices?
(o) [Zorya]: Ah, mortal, you can’t fathom our power. We manifest ourselves as these voices because we are the force of the moon, the sun, the earth.
(If you have completed “The Path of Glouphrie”)
(t) [You]: Wait, Gaea, are you the Anima Mundi?
(o) [Gaea]: No, I am the Earth, not life.
(If you have not completed “The Path of Glouphrie,” skip to here.)
(o) [Solaris]: However, we can focus our might into an object, or even a mere mortal like yourself!
(o) [Zorya]: But we do not possess the ability to focus our power into a mortal from this plane. We are watchers, we usually don’t concern ourselves with mortals.
(t) [You]: I could summon you onto my plane…
(o) [Solaris]: Bringing a spirit such myself down onto –
(o) [Gaea]: That sounds ingenious, wouldn’t you say, Zorya.
(o) [Zorya]: Oh, yes. Tell me more about…Summoning.
(o) [You]: Well, a summoner infuses the essence of a familiar, one of the spirits wandering this plane, into a pouch, using a charm and other items to specify the desired spirit and spirit shards to give the familiar a tangible form.
(o) [Zorya]: Since we will use a mortal as our form, we just need the secondary and tertiary items.
(t) [You]: So what do you think best defines you?
(o) [Solaris]: A sword, forged from the hottest fires that your realm has to offer!
(o) [Zorya]: Well, I need to be refracted into a prism of sorts, preferably blue.
(o) [Gaea]: I just want the most beautiful flower you can find.
(t) [You]: Those sound…fun.
(o) [Gaea]: Good luck, human.
The colors recede as the seers leave, leaving you back in the Spirit Realm.

Once you finish the D&D, you know that you have to find the items that the seers requested, summon them, and find their vessel. While this is a daunting task, you can retrieve the items in any order.

Solaris:
The hottest place on Gielinor is not the Kharid Desert, as you may think, but the TzHaar volcano. If you want to smith a sword matching Solaris’ fiery spirit, the molten city is your best lead. Speak to the merchant of Obsidian weaponry, TzHaar-Hur-Tel.
(o) [Hur-Tel]: Can I help you JalYt-Ket-[You]?
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (o): What do you have to trade?
-2. (a): What did you call me?
-3. (o): No, I’m fine thanks.
-4. (o): How do you make Obsidian weapons?
(Choices 1, 2, and 3 lead to their current dialogues. Choice 4 continues the one relevant to your quest.)
(o) [Hur-Tul]: Why do you want to know?
(h) [You]: I want to make a sword forged from the fires of the earth!
(If you haven’t completed “TokTz-Ket-Dil”)
(l) [Hur-Tul]: Silly JalYt-Ket! Do not worry yourself with such art; leave it to the TzHaar-Hur!
The dialogue will end.
(If you have completed “TokTz-Ket-Dil”)
(o) [Hur-Tel]: JalYt-Ket, do you know where obsidian comes from?
(o) [You]: The mines.
(o) [Hut-Tel]: Do you know what makes the difference between that rock and the tools and weapons of the TzHaar?
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (t): Erm, no.
-2. (u): Sadly.
(Response) [Hur-Tel]:
-1. (o): It is fused with the rock of our brethren.
(u) [You]: I had no idea!
(Choice 2 skips to here.)
(h) [Hur-Tel]: Why do you weep? We work with the spirit of our ancestors, and joining with them will be an honor!
(t) [You]: But what does this have to do with forging a sword?
(o) [Hur-Tel]: The bodies of our fallen brethren are either put on display or crafted directly into Tokkul.
(h) [Hur-Tel]: Otherwise, they are placed into the same lava as the eggs, so their souls may be given a new body.
(t) [You]: What about the…
(sh) [You]: corpses…?
(h) [Hur-Tel]: They melt in the lava, ultimately moving and cooling into crops of rock, TokHaar. We TzHaar-Hur mine and craft TokHaar and TokTz to create the tools we use, and sell to you!
(o) [You]: And can I craft my own sword?
(sh) [Hur-Tel]: JalYt-Ket, can you keep a secret?
(sh) [You]: Yes…
(u) [Hur-Tel]: Something down there has been feeding on TokHaar and has even defeated TzHaar-Ket!
(t) [You]: Do you think it’s another TokTz-Ket-Dill?
(o) [Hur-Tel]: No, the TzHaar-Ket would have killed it.
(t) [Hur-Tel]: So, JalYt-Ket, will you help us?
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (a): FOR THE SWORD!!
-2. (s): If you guys can’t kill this thing, what chance do I have?
(Response) [Hur-Tel]:
-1. (l): That’s the spirit! Use this pass to get into the rebirth tunnels.
-2. (o): I’m sure that we mighty TzHaar will think of something.
(1 will advance you in the quest and end the dialogue. 2 just ends it.)
You will receive Hur-Tel’s Pass. Prepare for battle (bring a pickaxe and a crush weapon, water or ice spells are recommended) and head to the Obsidian Mine in the northeast part of the city. Once you enter, you will see that in the northwest part of the mine, there is now a crevice surrounded by TzHaar-Ket. If you have Hur-Tel’s Pass, they will let you descend it. Once you do, you’ll be greeted by a large chamber filled with pulsing crops of obsidian and divided into sections by streams of lava. As you carefully tread the room, you notice patches of lava cooling into chamber and several rock like…eggs?
(t) [You]: So if those are eggs, then this monster must be-
A large black armadillo tunnels up from the lava. As it streaks off the beast, the cracks in its shell glow with firey power, similar to the TzHaar. As soon as it notices that you are approaching the eggs, it roars as waves of heat ripple from it.
(sa) [You]: A mother. Of course.

BATTLE: TokTz-Mej-Dill (Level 212)
Health: 2200
Combat Styles: Melee, Ranged
Max Hit: 220, 260
Info: Looks like the TokTz-Ket-Dill had a mama, and she’s gonna knock you out! Unlike her offspring, this armadillo has consumed the holy remains of the TzHaar, giving it a fiery temper, and some fiery new abilities. The battle will start off similarly to the battle against Ket-Dill, its shell absorbs all damage and can only be broken by a pickaxe, and you need to use a Crush weapon to deal damage. However, her diet will make this fight harder.

Xil-Ul: If you use a protection prayer while the shell is up, you will continually take 150 damage.

Kot-Tz: Once the beast has lost 550 LP, it will burrow into the lava, and resurface elsewhere in the chamber. You have to traverse the lava as it cools to get to the beast, which will occasionally lob a spine at you, where you will have to destroy her shell, again.

TzUl: Every once in a while, the cracks in the beast’s armor will glow for a few moments as it gathers heat. If you are still 4 squares of the animal when she’s done charging, it will release a large heat wave, dealing 350 magic damage and lowering your Constitution Level by 5.

This fight might seem somewhat difficult, as you have to fight it without prayers whenever its shield comes up. Moreover, using the only style the Mej-Dill is vulnerable to puts you at risk for a powerful counter. Bring a good amount of food to survive the prayer-less moments, as you’ll have to wait for a rock platform to float up, providing a bridge to another section.

However, while they can’t damage the beast directly, bringing water or ice spells will make the fight much easier. You can cast either spell on a patch of lava to make a rock platform for 4 or 8 seconds respectively. Moreover, if you hit the Mej-Dill with a water or ice spell as she’s charging TzUl, she will be stunned for 3 seconds, the attack will be canceled, and your next melee attack will do 50% or 100% more damage.

Once you kill the beast, a cut-scene will begin, in which the beast’s shell will crumble, and then it collapses, dead.
(t) [You]: Now that the mother’s dead, I guess the TzHaar will know what to do with the eggs.
(h) [You]: I guess I can now report to Hur-Tel.
Trace your steps back to Hur-Tel’s shop and tell him of your triumph.
(su) [Hur-Tel]: You defeated the beast that devoured the bodies of our ancestors!
(o) [You]: That’s one way to put it.
(h) [Hur-Tel]: That’s a feat fitting a TzHaar, not a JalYt!
(h) [You]: Now can you smith me a sword?
(l) [Hur-Tel]: Of course I will…JalTz!
(t) [You]: Do you know how to make metal bars? They’re the only material I can make weapons out of.
(o) [Hur-Tel]: After watching many other JalYt craft them, I can make a few.
(o) [Hur-Tel]: Bring me 4 pieces of TokHaar, 2 pieces of TokTz, and 2 pieces of what you call Iron and Mithril, and I will make you one bar.
(sh) [You]: I think I’ll need two bars.
(l) [Hur-Tel]: Then bring me twice the rock!
Bring these materials to Hur-Tel. TokTz is simply a Stone Slab mined from an Obsidian Wall. TokHaar can be mined from Rocky Outcrops in the chamber you fought the TokTz-Mej-Dill, if you have Level 69 Mining. Once you have the items, bring them back to Hur-Tel.
(h) [You]: Here you go!
(o) [Hur-Tel]: Now to craft these into the ‘metal’ you want,
Hur-tel carries the ores to the nursery behind him. When he dips them into the fire, a sudden burst of lava splashes over the ores as they melt into a gleaming bar of black metal.
(o) [Hur-Tel]: I name this ‘metal’ TokTz-yt.
As he hands it to you, the bars shine with a red-orange light, echoing the power of TzHaar before you. Go to any anvil and smith the TokTz-yt bars into a TokTz-yt-ek, a large sword with a handguard in the shape of TokTz-ket-xil, an Obsidian Shield. Such a weapon definitely would please Solaris!

Speaking of whom, you now can summon him! Bring the sword and a Red Charm to a Summoning Obelisk and Imbue the weapon. When you do, a cut-scene will begin in which red streams of light will come from the obelisk and the environment and stream into the sword, causing it to glow.
(o) [TokTz-yt-ek]: So this is what the human realm is like…
(sa) [You]: You’re in a chunk of rock and metal, you can’t feel anything.
(l) [Solaris]: I feel the power of a thousand suns within me, bring me a vessel worthy of this power! A warrior who know the thrill of battle! A mage whose spirit is as fiery as his magics. A –
(sa) [You]: I get it. I’ll bring you a host.
Now you must travel the lands of Gielinor to find such a mage. If you need a reminder of Solaris’s ideal vessel, you can Talk to him, as he’s bound to the TokTz-yt-ek. If you bring him to the wrong person, s/he will ask what would they want with such a sword. But if you talk to Kolodion…
(h) [You]: Hello, Kolodion.
(sh) [Kolodion]: Hey there, how are you? Are you enjoying the bloodshed?
(o) [You]: It’s not bad, I’ve seen worse.
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (sa): I think I’ve had enough for now.
-2. (t): How can I use my new spells outside of the arena?
-3. (t): Do you mind taking a look at this sword for a moment?
(Choices 1 and 2 lead to their current dialogues. Choice 3 continues the one relevant to your quest.)
(If you haven’t unlocked a God spell.)
(l) [Kolodion]: Why should I? You think you have something to teach me?
The dialogue with then end.
(If you have unlocked a God spell.)
(sh) [Kolodion]: I guess so, from one battlemage to another.
Kolodion examines the sword as it slowly glows brighter and brighter.
(su) [Kolodion]: This is one of the most amazing weapons I have ever seen!
(h) [Kolodion]: Normally, I prefer the power that a good staff has, but this seems to just radiate with the magics of battle!
Suddenly, the streams of light that entered the sword seep out and enter Kolodion, causing his eyes to glow a strong shade of red-orange as the weapon clatters to the ground.
(s) [You]: By [insert unlocked God Spell], what have I done?
(o) [Kolodion/Solaris]: You found me a suitable host.
(t) [Kolodion/Solaris]: Hmm, the human realm is much darker than what I imagined. A little bit of my magics will-
You grab Kolodion by the wrists as his hands glow with cosmic energies.
(o) [You]: You’re in a cave, calm down.
Kolodion brushes you off.
(sa) [Kolodion/Solaris]: Anyway, talk to me or my fellow seers when you wish to attack the maelstrom.
The light fades from Kolodion’s eyes.
(t) [Kolodion]: Ugh, what was that?
(sh) [You]: You tried drinking some of the water from that pool. Bad idea.
(o) [Kolodion]: Sorry you had to see that.

Zorya:
While the seer’s item doesn’t seem to be rare, it certainly sounds hard to make. But if anyone knows about it, it would be a dwarf. Talk to the Gem trader, Hervi, in Keldagrim.
(o) [Hervi]: Greetings human…can I interest you in some fine gems?
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (h): Show me the wares!
-2. (o): No thanks.
-3. (t): What do you know about ‘refraction?’
(Choices 1 and 2 lead to their current dialogues. Choice 3 continues the one relevant to your quest.)
(If you haven’t completed “The Giant Dwarf”)
(sh) [Hervi]: Not much.
The dialogue will then end.
(If you have completed “The Giant Dwarf”)
(sh) [Hervi]: I guess I can tell you…
(h) [You]: Great! Do I need to beat a mystical golem? Journey to the center of the earth?
(o) [Hervi]: No, you just need glue.
(su) [You]: Really?
(o) [Hervi]: And to be a good enough crafter.
(u) [You]: Well, it’s a nice change in pace.
(o) [Hervi]: All you have to do is bring me three of the gem you want to facet and a chisel.
Since Zorya asked for something blue, bring the dwarf 3 Sapphires, or you could ‘buy’ them from his stall, if you don’t want make the short walk to the other side of the city. Just remember that he won’t talk to you for a while if you steal his wares. Use the gems on Hervi.
(o) [Hervi]: First, you have to chisel the faces of these gems apart.
Hervi breaks the gems into several Sapphire Shards (stacked).
(o) [Hervi]: Now, with this glue, you can piece the shards into whatever shape you want.
(t) [You]: So I can trap light inside of a well-assembled sapphire?
(o) [Hervi]: In theory.
(h) [You]: Sounds good!
(o) [Hervi]: I’ll give you the glue for free this time, but if you mess up, I have to sell you the glue for 500 gold pieces.
(su) [You]: Isn’t that a bit much?
(sh) [Hervi]: I say that about you stealing jewels from me.
(sa) [You]: Heh.
Hervi will give you a Bottle of Glue and Sapphire Shards. When you want to begin making the prism, grab those materials and a Lantern lens and head outside. Use the Lantern lens on the shards to start piecing together the shards. The game screen will be replaced with a view of your legs as you sit cross-legged, and the number and shape of the shards you have left are at the top of the screen. Your Control Panel has 5 buttons in it: Flip Vertically, Flip Horizontally, Rotate Clockwise, Rotate Counter-Clockwise, and Shine. Your 38 Sapphire Shards are grouped by shape, giving you 32 Triangles and 6 Squares, and you have to glue them together so that light will stay in the prism.

Before you start sculpting the jewel, think about how all the pieces could come together to form a ‘sphere.’ This puzzle is a straight-forward puzzle. Tongue You need to foresee how the shards should fit to form a globe (although the cost of failure is low, for now…). If it’s any help, the intended shape is a Snub Cube.

If you thank that you have correctly assembled the Sculpted Sapphire, click the Shine button, a cut-scene will begin. You hold the globe up to the light, and, if you have failed, light will just seep through, and you break the globe in anger, since it’s worthless anyway. However, if you succeeded, light will enter the globe and it will radiate brightly for a moment. This gem has been perfectly constructed to suit Zorya’s specifications, she will be pleased.

But you have to summon her first. Bring the Sculpted Sapphire and a Blue Charm to a Summoning Obelisk and Imbue the jewel. Once you do, a cut-scene will begin in which blue sparkles of light will float up from the obelisk and down from above, ultimately entering the gem, causing it to glow.
(o) [Sculpted Sapphire]: The human realm is a lot more orderly than I imagined.
(sa) [You]: If only…
(o) [Zorya]: No matter, we will soon find a mortal who is able to channel my energies. Preferably, a mage who already has a connection with the stars and has knowledge of the behavior of the people of this realm. I wish to study you humans a little more.
(sh) [You]: Okay…
Zorya’s interest aside, you now have to find a mage who suits her. If you forget who would make a good match, just Talk to her. If you bring the gem to the wrong person, s/he’ll only state that s/he’s not interested in your bauble. But if you talk to the Oneiromancer…
(h) [You]: Hello, Kolodion.
(sh) [Oneiromancer]: Hey there, how are you? Are you enjoying the bloodshed?
(o) [You]: It’s not bad, I’ve seen worse.
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (sa): I think I’ve had enough for now.
-2. (t): How can I use my new spells outside of the arena?
-3. (t): Does this jewel mean anything to you?
(h) [OM]: This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! It feels pretty powerful too.
(t) [OM]: I wonder if it would work as a scrying-
As the Oneiromancer raises the sapphire to eye-level, sparkles emanate from it, ultimately floating to and shrouding her head, and her eyes slowly change to a bright blue.
(t) [OM/Zorya]: Hmm, so this is what a human is like. I feel a little light-headed, whatever that means.
(sh) [OM/Zorya]: Nothing a little bit of magic won’t fix.
A beam of blue light down onto both of you, your stats are all boosted by 5%!
(su) [You]: What was that?
(h) [OM/Zorya]: Just a taste of the power I have.
(sh) [OM/Zorya]: Shame I still feel light-headed.
(l) [You]: You’re a human now; you’ll have to deal with your problems like everyone else.
(sa) [OM/Zorya]: I’ll reflect on this ‘humanity’ of mine for now. Return to me when you and my fellow seers are ready to solve our ‘problem.’
The light fades from the Oneiromancer’s eyes.
(t) [OM]: I feel woozy.
(o) [You]: Don’t worry; you fainted with joy from seeing my gift.
(sa) [OM]: Okay…

Gaea:
The home of the land’s most beautiful fauna must be Tirannwn. However, picking the most lovely plant requires some elven knowledge. Fortunately, if you have done “Roving Elves,” you would know that Queen Glarial appreciated the beauty of nature: Islwyn is your next best choice.
(o) [You]: Hello again.
(o) [Islwyn]: Ah…good to see you back. You after another of them bows, or one of my shields?
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (o): One of your bows please.
-2. (o): I’d like to buy a shield.
-3. (o): No, I’m just passing thtough.
-4. (t): Did your grandmother have a garden of sorts?
(Choices 1,2 and 3 lead to their current dialogues. Choice 4 continues the one relevant to your quest.)
(o) [Islwyn]: (You), I am grateful for putting my consecrating my grandmother’s tomb, but my clan has nothing but the clan to our name.
(o) [You]: Islwyn, the fate of the world is possibly resting in this garden. Please show it to me.
(sh) [Islwyn]: I’ll take my chances.
(a) [You]: Are you really going to do this, Islwyn?
(a) [Islwyn]: If by ‘this,’ you mean keep my clan’s honor, then yes.
(d) [You]: Why you-
(o) [Islwyn]: (You), it’s clear that I have no business with you.
(a) [You]: Maybe not with me, but the rest of the world.
(d) [Islwyn]: As you said, the rest of the world possibly could not need my clan’s help.
Islwyn then teleports off.
(a) [You]: The fool…
(o) [Eluned]: You shouldn’t be so quick to judge.
(sa) [You]: What’s that supposed to mean?
(o) [Eluned]: Islwyn really wants to help you, but he is a man of duty. He feels obligated to act in the name of clan. And his grandmother.
(t) [You]: Can I convince him to help me?
Eluned sighs.
(o) [Eluned]: I don’t know. He’s quite stubborn
(o) [You]: I can try. That’s all I can really do.
(o) [Eluned]: When he gets this angry, he usually meditates looking at Prifddinas.
(o) [You]: Thank you.
(o) [Eluned]: Good luck, if you need to enter Glarial’s garden this badly, then I fear for not only the elves.
This next section could be considered harder than the rest of the quest: you have wander around the area bordering the inaccessible crystal city and find the elf. He can be found at one of three spots, the shark Fishing spot, the Hunter spot, or just outside the Limestone mine, for 7 minutes before he moves on.

There are two ways to find Islwyn: wait for him to appear at that spot, or search the area itself for a clue of where he was, i.e. where he isn’t right now. If you find a Grenwall spike, he has come from the Hunter spot, a chunk of limestone, the mines, and if the ground is wet, the Fishing spot. Finding Islwyn will take persistence and speed. If you miss him, head to the next as quickly as possible.

You’ll find Islwyn with his legs crossed, gazing at the crystal walls in the distance. Talk to him.
(o) [You]: Islwyn…
Islwyn doesn’t turn to you
(o) [You]: I’m sorry if I may have offended –
(o) [Islwyn]: You offending me? I’m the one who more or less doomed the planet for the sake of just a couple of flowers.
(h) [You]: So you’ll help me?
(o) [Islwyn]: Of course.
Islwyn pulls out a crudely-drawn map of Isafdar and hands it to you.
(o) [Islwyn]: Meet me inside the garden marked here. I’ll bring you to the best plant for your task.
(t) [You]: Why don’t you get it for me?
(u) [Islwyn]: I sadly don’t have the skill to tend the garden, let alone pick a delicate plant. I can only watch it.
(u) [You]: I feel your pain.
Islwyn teleports off to scout the garden. If you read the Isafdar Map, you’ll only notice a few landmarks (his two camps, the Tyras Camp, Iorwerth’s Camp, and the Elf Musician) and the hastily scribbled line “Only in the leap into Seren’s arms will you prove your worth.” Moreover, the X seems to line up with the Leaf Trap north-east of the musician.

But all you can see is the Leaf Trap that caught you many times before. Nothing in the area seems out of the ordinary. But if you have Level 57 Dungeoneering, you have to option to Enter the Leaf Trap by right clicking it. When you do so, a cut-scene begins in which you breathe deeply to steady yourself and you take a large step forward, expecting to fall forward-

And you appear in a cavern filled with the most amazing plant-life you have ever seen! When you look down, you notice that you’re only on the top floor and the grass that carpets the floor looks overgrown even from up there. However, it doesn’t detract from the sight of the other flowers which glimmer with a variety of colors, some of which are made of actual crystal!
(su) [You]: What does this mean?
(h) [Islwyn]: Looks like you managed to enter. Follow me closely, you can tell that the garden, while beautiful, is rather unkempt.
(u) [Islwyn]: Due to my negligence.
(h) [You]: Hey, cheer up; what’s the worst that can-
A large, crystalline giant roars as he smashes the beams supporting the platform you two are on. While you manage to get out of the way, Islwyn isn’t so lucky. He falls to the bottom floor of garden.
(su) [You]: Islwyn!
A voice faintly floats up from the bottom floor.
(o) [Islwyn]: Heh, I’ll be fine.
(su) [You]: But you must have fallen-
(o) [Islwyn]: I’ll live, your mission comes first. I’ll make my way up there-
(o) [You]: No, stay there; I’ll get you something to restore your form, maybe something to eat too.
(o) [Islwyn]: You can leave the garden by touching that spire behind you, but return soon. A few potatoes would be nice. A drink of water, if you have it…
Activate the Spire and grab supplies for a dangerous Agility course, that giant probably had friends! Furthermore, bring a Super Restore Potion (remember that Islwyn only needs one dose) and 200 LP in food for him. Return to the garden as you first enter and start looking for the elf…again.

But this is easier said than done. Firstly, this is an Agility MAZE. While there is no one path to the bottom floor of this garden, there will be multiple dead-ends. Moreover, the obstacles which you will encounter (all of them require Level 67 Agility) can deal damage if you fail:

Floral Vine
This is a simple tight rope, though it is covered with flowers, with a low chance of failure. If you fail, you will take 150 damage and fall down a floor. They are found on the top and middle floors, mostly the middle, but not on the bottom floor.

Overhead Vines
Similar to the Floral Vine, but with a medium chance of failure, this obstacle bridges a gap, but failing it will cost you up to 150 LP and you will drop a floor. They are found on the top, mostly the top, and middle floors, but not on the bottom floor.

Overgrowth
You simply need the Agility Level to contort your way through these overgrown plants. If you fail, which should be very rare, you will take 20 damage, but you still end up on the other side. This is found on all floors.

Crystal Thorns
The path is marked by several thorns coming from plants on other sides. You have a high chance of failure, but if you do, you only take up to 75 damage and don’t pass. They are rare, but found on all the floors.

Crystal Pine
A large tree that seems to offer grips with which you can climb up a floor. While the failure chance is moderate, if you fail, you will take up to 150 damage and fail to climb up. These are found on the middle and bottom floors, mostly the bottom floor, but never the top floor.

Budding Crystal
Budding crystals line the subterranean walls of the garden, some of them are close enough to let you climb up or down them. However, there is a moderate chance of failure, if you do fail, you will take 100 damage and fall down a level (if you were attempting to climb down) or stay on the same floor (if you were attempting to climb up). They can be found on all the floors, but only along the edges.

If this weren’t bad enough, there are a few species of enemies who have adapted to the flourishing garden. Naturally, they won’t take kindly to intruders.

Crystal Giant – Level 101
Lifepoints: 1500
Combat Style: Melee
Max Hit: 150
These giants are similar to other giants, but stronger and multicolored: blue, pink and white! Due to their size, they have sub-par defence and high LP, but they hit hard. Since they move slowly, you should be able to lose them in the maze.

Crystal Plant – Level 86
Lifepoints: 1250
Combat Style: Ranged
Max Hit: 90
A relative of the Strange Plant, the crystalline variety might not be able to poison you, but its attacks have the odd effect of lowering your Defence level by 1 with every attack, similar to the Tz-Kih. They attack slowly, so either bring a method of restoring your Defence Level or get away from them as quickly as possible.

Awe Sprite – Level 97
Lifepoints: 1400
Combat Style: Magic
Max Hit: 135
These sprites may remind you of the Elementals of the Sorceress’s Garden, but their effect upon seeing you isn’t as benign: once you manage to attract their attention, i.e. get really close, they will start the fight by shining a baleful light, reducing your Constitution Level by 3. Although they can only use this trick against you once, avoiding as many sprites as you can over the course of this garden is highly recommended: you need as much health as you can get!

You know that Islwyn fell to the bottom floor, so get there as quickly as possible! Note that you can use a Protect prayer to negate the side effects of the Crystal Plants and Awe Sprites, in addition to any damage you may take, so taking a few Prayer Potions would help. However, you will need a good amount of food in case you fail the obstacles, and to give to Islwyn. As a result, a Spirit Terrorbird or a Unicorn Stallion would help, for the Run Energy boost and the extra Inventory or the special move.

Once you reach the bottom floor, you will call out to Islwyn, and he will reply, showing the direction he is in with a flashing arrow on your minimap. (The location is different for each player.) Once you make your way to the elf, a cut-scene begins. You find Islwyn resting against a plant, with a pile of crystal shards nearby.
(su) [You]: What happened?
(o) [Islwyn]: …give me the food first….
(If you do not have at least 200 LP in food and a dose of a Super Restore)
(u) [You]: I don’t have any more, sorry.
(o) [Islwyn]: …I’ll be fine, just hurry….
(If you do have the rations)
(o) [You]: Here, you look like you need them.
You hand Islwyn the food.
(o) [Islwyn]: That’s much better.
Islwyn then struggles to his feet, as you tense, ready to catch him in case he falls.
(t) [You]: How did you survive that fall?
(o) [Islwyn]: We elves are more nimble than you. Keeping myself from dying was relatively easy.
As Islwyn talks with you, an you catch the attention of an Awe Sprite. As it prepares to attack you, Islwyn shifts his position between you and the sprite as he chants under his breath. When the aura hits you, a brillant crystalline shield manifests on Islwyn’s arm and he reflects it, disorienting the sprite.
(o) [Islwyn]: I will bring you to the plant which you seek. Come quickly!
Islwyn grabs you by the arm as he sprints away from the enemy.
(su) [You]: You can recharge crystals? Why didn’t you tell me?
(sa) [Islwyn]: You ask enough from me already. I like my quiet time.
(l) [You]: Okay, I get it.
(o) [Islwyn]: Follow me closely; I can ward off the beasts that threaten us.

You’re trek through the labyrinthine garden now becomes much easier now that you have Islwyn tanking all incoming hits for you and showing you the way. Moreover, if you fail an obstacle, Islwyn will do likewise, albeit more gracefully, and continue you to show you the location of Gaea’s plant, which is also different for each player. Once you get near it, another cut-scene will begin. The two of you enter the area, which is oddly peaceful.
(sh) [Islwyn]: It’s quiet. Too quiet.
(o) [You]: Watch out, a stronger inhabitant could attack at any moment!
(o) [Islwyn]: On your toes then.
The two of you stand still for some time, even bringing up a “5 minutes later” card.
(o) [You]: You know what? I’m taking the plant.
You sheath your weapons and calmly walk forward.
(su) [Islwyn]: [You]!
(s) [You]: What?
(a) [Islwyn]: You almost stepped on the plant!
You look down and see a crystalline plant that resembles…a cabbage?
(sh) [You]: This is the most beautiful plant in all the land.
(h) [Islwyn]: Yes, go on and take it!
(If you do not have Level 63 Farming.)
(sa) [You]: Apparently, I can’t handle this ‘gem.’
(h) [Islwyn]: I will wait for you then.
The dialogue then ends.
If you do have Level 63 Farming, you pick the plant and examine it in the dim light. Its leaves glint many colors, making it moderately pretty.
(h) [Islwyn]: That plant is truly the best for you. The leaves are perfectly in proportion with each other.
(sh) [You]: I’m not impressed.
Islwyn shrugs.
(o) [Islwyn]: Each to his own, I suppose. Anyway, you can head off on your own.
(o) [You]: What about you?
(h) [Islwyn]: I’ll stay here for a while. It has been a long time since I have enjoyed the beauty of this place.
(u) [Islwyn]: Shame that it is not my job to live in luxury.
(o) [Islwyn]: [You], you should also return to your task soon.
(t) [Islwyn]: Maybe you help me with this garden…never mind. Goodbye and good luck.

Islwyn heads off, deeper into the overgrown garden. You can leave the garden with the Crystal Caggabe in hand by making your way to the spire, without Islwyn’s help, or you can simply teleport out. While the plant doesn’t seem like much, you have to take Islwyn’s word. Imbue the plant and a Green Charm at a Summoning Obelisk to start a cut-scene, in which waves of green light burst from everywhere and into the crystal, causing it to glow green.
(h) [Crystal Cabbage]: This is perfect!
(sa) [You]: This is a cabbage.
(o) [Gaea]: No matter. I’d like a mage who appreciates such simple beauty. I don’t want a vessel who is too arrogant to see the humble splendor of this form.
(sa) [You]: Okay, okay.
Now you need to find a mage who would like this plant, anyone who doesn’t will wave it off as a cabbage. If you need a reminder of her ideal vessel, talk to Gaea. But if you talk to Brimstail…
(h) [Brimstail]: Hello adventurer, what can I do for you?
(Choice) [You]:
-1. (h): Hello, just wanted a chat.
-2. (t): I need to mine some rune essence.
-3. (t): Could you look at this plant for a second?
(Choices 1 and 2lead to their current dialogues. Choice 3 continues the one relevant to your quest. There is another option, but it varies with the whichever quest the player has completed.)
(If you haven’t completed “The Eyes of Glouphrie.”)
(t) [Brimstail]: I thought you needed Oaknock’s Machine…
(o) [You]: Right, I should take care of that, I guess.
The dialogue will then end/
(If you have completed “The Eyes of Glouphrie.”)
(t) [Brimstail]: Okay, let’s take a look at it.
You hand Brimstail the plant.
(h) [Brimstail]: This is quite the find, [You]! I’m a fan of crystal artifacts, and this plant is no exception!
(l) [Brimstail]: You know where this is going? Right on the tab-
Just as Brimstail is about to set the plant down, waves of energy ripple from the plant, and into Brimstail, causing his eyes to glow green.
(h) [Brimstail/Gaea]: Ah, now I can truly experience my domain.
(su) [You]: GAH!
You stumble back.
(su) [Brimstail/Gaea]: Is something wrong?
(o) [You]: I’m fine, I just didn’t expect a woman’s voice from Brimstail. The idea of his face on a woman’s body is even worse.
(l) [Brimstail/Gaea]: I suppose that would make anyone psycho.
(o) [Brimstail/Gaea]: Laughing matters aside, talk to me or my fellow seers when you are ready to defend our world.
The light fades from Brimstail’s eyes.
(t) [Brimstail]: Argh, I feel like I drank a bad cocktail.
(sh) [You]: You did. How long did you leave that glass on the drawers?
(u) [Brimstail]: A few days, by my guess.
(sa) [You]: I wouldn’t do that again, if I were you.

Chaos Theory:
Once each of the seers have found his or her vessel, you are officially ready to take on the maelstrom! Talk to any of the vessels and you will have a new dialogue option. (The conversation is same for every seer.)
(o) [You]: I think we’re ready to fight the maelstrom.
The vessel’s eyes change color.
(o) [Seer]: Okay.
(t) [You]: Should I tell the others?
(h) [Seer]: No need, they already know.
(o) [Seer]: Now stand back.
The vessel begins to glow his/her seer’s color before disappearing in a flash of light. The scene then cuts to a black void, similar to where you first saw the Zodiac Spirits. Soon, three beings soon teleport in: the seers. Solaris is dressed in red and orange robes, plated with dark crimson metal, and wielding the TokTz-yt-ek. Zorya is wearing blue and purple robes, with white ribbons streaming down, and the Sculpted Sapphire sits in a crescent atop an ornate staff. Gaea, although she is rather short in this vessel, is clad in green and silver robes, with cyan crystals floating around her, and, oddly enough, the Crystal Cabbage seems to have bloomed into twin throwing axes. The camera then pans to include the maelstrom, a blue and magenta storm of chaotic magic which rages further away.
(t) [Zorya]: Hmm, [You]’s strategy works thus far. These vessels seem to keep us stabilized.
(h) [Gaea]: Maybe there’s more to mortals than we thought.
(o) [Solaris]: Let us not think of them for now.
(a) [Solaris]: This is the moment we have waited years for. This has gone unchecked for far too long. This ends now!
(a) [Solaris]: CHARGE!
The seers fly towards the maelstrom and the fight begins!

BATTLE: Maelstrom (No Level)
Health: 10000
Combat Styles: Melee, Magic
Max Hit: 400, 430
Info: The unseen storm that has threatened to destroy Gielinor for years. Of course, this behemoth of chaos will be no push over: tendrils of magic can lash out, dealing Melee damage, and bolts of chaos will fire from the swirling center, dealing Magic damage. Being an anomaly of magic, it has a few moves that might surprise you.

Shattered Faction – The storm splits into 3 smaller ones for 10 seconds. While they share LP for this time, each one can deal damage, and not necessarily to only one seer!

Event Horizon – Several orbs of magic swirl around the maelstrom. If a seer is hit by one, the orb will explode, dealing 200 damage and stunning him/her.

Eye of the Storm – One of the arms of the storm will glow and wind up, then lash out and grab a seer. Said seer will then be teleported into the middle of the storm and will take rapid 50s until the seer walks out.

Wormhole – Small rifts randomly appear for a few moments on the battlefield over the course of the fight, teleporting the seer who comes into contact with one elsewhere and reducing a random combat stat by 3%

However, you, as a player, are controlling the seers for this fight! At the upper-left corner of the game screen, there are three rectangles with the symbol for each seer (a red sun for Solaris, blue moon for Zorya, and a green globe for Gaea) with a green bar showing the LP bar of that seer and the actual amount of LP s/he has left. If any of the seers die, you lose the battle.

Since you can only control one seer at a time during this fight, if you click on one of the rectangles, your camera will focus on that seer and you will take control of him/her. While in control, the LP Status Globe, the only globe displayed will display that seer’s LP. (The minimap shows the location of the other seers, the maelstrom, and any of its ‘effects.’)

The Control Panel only has one panel open, a modified Combat Panel. This Panel shows the Combat Levels of that seer (Attack, Strength, Defence, Magic, Ranged, Constitution) and below them, 4 grayed out buttons (except for Zorya). Here are the stats of each seer:

Solaris:
Health: 2500
Max Hit: 375
Info: Being the most aggressive seer and vessel, Solaris uses the TokTz-yt-ek, imbued with his solar energy, to deal damage. He has average Defence, but high Attack, Strength, and attack speed, making him your best choice to deal damage.

Zorya:
Health: 2000
Max Hit: 280
Info: The most intelligent seer in the most insightful vessel, what Zorya lacks in damage she makes up for in her ability to support her allies. While her attack speed is second to only Solaris, she has low combat skills, so keeping her out of harm’s way is imperative. Fortunately, Zorya, having come to understand her vessel a little bit, can use a special move by clicking on the only active button:

Astral Blessing – Heals all of the seers by 100 LP and boosts their Combat Skills by 4. 10 second cooldown.

Gaea:
Health: 3000
Max Hit: 330
Info: Although her vessel is less than overwhelming, Gaea remains the protective seer that she always were. She has the lowest attack speed, but she has high defence, when coupled with her high health, makes for a good choice for a ‘meat shield.’

Note, you will lose this battle. Tongue Simply put, none of the seers have the means to survive the fight that the Maelstrom puts up. Astral Blessing will help, but not for long. Just use this time to get used to the Maelstrom’s attacks and controlling the seers.

When a seer dies, all three of them teleport off in the way they came, leaving the maelstrom alone as the screen fades out. When it fades back in, the vessel whom you talked to teleports back in and sees you sleeping against the wall.
(a) [Seer]: [YOU]!
(o) [You]: I’m up.
(d) [Seer]: Meet my fellow seers and I in the Spirit Plane.
The light fades from the vessel’s eyes as you leave. Now return to the Spirit Plane to talk to the seers as you did earlier. Once you collect 40 shards, or have been in the plane for 15 minutes, a cut-scene begins, the environment swirling into a mess of colors as before.
(sa) [You]: Not this again.
(a) [Solaris]: YOU HAVE FAILED US!
(t) [You]: Excuse me?
(sa) [Zorya]: While our mortal vessels protected us from the all-consuming nature of the maelstrom, but our mortal vessels inhibited our power.
(a) [Solaris]: So we’re back to where we started. Thank you for wasting my time.
(o) [You]: Your vessels may have inhibited your power, but what about using your vessels’ power?
(o) [Gaea]: S/he has a point.
(o) [You]: Your ‘mortal vessels’ happen to be some of the most powerful mages I know. You have to understand the power that they, and you, have been given if you want to succeed.
(t) [Zorya]: And will you just sit and watch? I couldn’t sustain the seers by myself.
(t) [You]: Well, while you didn’t need them, I think Spirit Shards could work. They should stabilize your vessels and your connection with them.
(t) [Gaea]: And our vessels?
(sa) [Solaris]: Of course you would be concerned about them.
(o) [Gaea]: Naturally. If our vessel dies, what is keeping us from being sucked into the storm?
(t) [You]: In that case, I think I have an Enchantment spell that can imbue the shards with the power of life.
(h) [Gaea]: Perfect!
(o) [Zorya]: I suppose we now study our vessels.
(o) [You]: While I find a way to observe your battle and make preparations. I’ll speak to you when I’m done.
The colors will fade as they did in your first encounter with the seers. Once you finish your time in the Spirit Plane, you should realize two things: you’ll need a pretty powerful telescope, and although you know what ‘food’ the seers need, you don’t know how to get it to them. You can attempt to solve these problems in either order.

Telescope:
Well, the most powerful telescope in all of Gielinor belongs to the Observatory. Maybe if you ask nicely, the Observatory Professor will let you use his for the fight. (Remember that you can walk across the bridge you made!)
(t) [You]: Um, professor, remember how Scorpio was off-kilter?
(h) [OP]: Yes, but due to the rotation of our planet, it has righted itself.
(sh) [You]: I don’t think that’s what happened.
(o) [You]: Anyway, may I use your telescope?
(h) [OP]: Of course! What for?
(sh) [You]: Well…I need to observe the battle between the three seers who watch over this plane and a storm that threatens to destroy Gielinor so that I can help them.
(o) [OP]: …
(o) [You]: …
(o) [OP]: …
(o) [You]: …
(o) [OP]: …what has Patrick put in that ‘wine’ of his?
(u) [You]: I should have known you wouldn’t believe me.
Even though the professor won’t help you, maybe his overworked and underpaid assistant will. Head down the hill and talk to Patrick.
(o) [You]: Um, Patrick, your boss wouldn’t let me use his telescope. Any advice?
(o) [Observatory Assistant]: Well, being the assistant includes working on the telescope. I have a scaled-down, but equally powerful, replica of the lenses used. I suppose you can have them.
(h) [You]: Really? Thanks!
(h) [OA]: No problem. But you’ll need to make decent telescope using these lenses instead of molten glass.
With Patrick’s gift in hand, just head to your own house and make a Teak Telescope, or better, facing away from your house so you can watch the extraterrestrial battle.

Food-Delivery:
Since you need to move your shards across huge unknown distances, your best bet is using a fairy ring. Talk to the leading constructor of Fairy Rings, Fairy Fixit.
(t) [You]: Two questions. Firstly, is it hard to make a Fairy Ring?
(a) [Fairy Fixit]: That was my last calcugammy!
(t) [You]: Erm, excuse me?
(If you haven’t completed “Fairy Tale III – Battle at Ork’s Rift.”)
(o) [Fixit]: Sorry but I’m ordered not to give such knowledge so easily. Besides, I would have to lend you my tools, which not even I can seem to hold onto.
The dialogue will then end.
(If you have completed “Fairy Tale III – Battle at Ork’s Rift.”)
(h) [Fixit]: Sure! It’s the least I can do for you restoring the throne.
(sh) [Fixit]: Shame I lost my calcugammy, it will be a bit harder.
(t) [You]: Growing the fairy ring?
(l) [Fixit]: No. All you need for that are three sets of bittercap mushroom spores.
(o) [You]: I thought there was a little more magic involved.
(sh) [Fixit]: That’s the hard part. While I have the pixie dust, I’m missing…
(t) [You]: Faith and trust? I thought I earned that –
(sh) [Fixit]: No, a calcugammy.
(o) [Fixit]: Because they dot your realm, and others, the fairy rings need to have varying co-ordinates. The calcugammy figures out how to distribute the pixie dust among each ring in the best ratio.
(If you have completed “Land of the Goblins.”)
(o) [You]: Similar to a time I made a portal to Yu’buisk using the area of each ring?
(o) [Fixit]: Yes, but much more difficult.
(If you haven’t completed “Land of the Goblins,” skip to here.)
(o) [Fixit]: The coordinates of your ring are going to be related to the pixie dust assigned to it.
(o) [You]: Since you don’t have your…calcugammy…how can I figure out how to distribute the dust?
(o) [Fixit]: That’s what the anayilute’s for.
(h) [Fixit]: Good thing I have that right here!
Fairy Fixit hands you the Anayilute and a Pixie Dust Pouch, although they are a bit small.
(su) [You]: You trust me with your tools?!
(sh) [Fixit]: I trust you more than myself.
(t) [You]: Now my second question, could I use the fairy rings to transport to something other than another ring?
(sh) [Fixit]: Theoretically, yes.
(o) [Fixit]: I always thought that myself, so I tried making these rings that work as a receiving fairy ring. They can be temporarily assigned to any working fairy ring.
(h) [You]: Great, could I have those?
(sh) [Fixit]: Yes, but they might not work very well. Be careful when using them.
Fairy Fixit hands you three Fairy Rings.
(h) [You]: Thank you!

The best place for your own personal fairy ring is your own personal house of course! Once you have the Bittercap Mushroom Spores and the Pixie Dust, you can construct your own Fairy Ring in your Garden (in the Big Plant 2 hotspot) with your Farming and Construction levels. You will be left with an Inactive Fairy Ring.

Use the Anayilute on the inactive ring to bring up a small screen with a top down view of the fairy ring. The largest ring is labeled B, the second largest J, and the smallest P. At the bottom of the screen there are three equations:

2P + 3B = 104
4J + B = 100
6P + 5J = 109

This is quite clearly an algebraic system. Solve for the amount of pixie dust each ring should get. (That shouldn’t be too hard for you…right?) Once you have the values, use the Pixie Dust on the Fairy Ring and a screen similar to the Anayilute’s will pop up, except that instead of equations, the co-ordinates will have an input box (e.g. B = …): type the correct answers in they click Activate, using your Magic Level. If you input the wrong answer, the ring will fizzle, then burn out. If the values are correct, the fairy ring will sparkle before the rings change into their usual magical colors: you have your own ring! Finally, that’s left is tuning the Fairy Rings to your Fairy Ring. Just use the items on the mushrooms, causing your rings and your ring to sparkle simultaneously, although you use up the last of the fairy dust. Tongue

Fatal Singularity:
Now that you and the seers are ready, you can talk to anyone of them to start the battle. Note however, that you should have a good amount of Spirit Shards, Cosmic Runes, and Earth Runes so you can enchant them into Life Shards and beam them up to the seers and the three Tuned Fairy Rings, all in you inventory. Talk to any of the vessels.
(o) [You]: I’ve prepared everything on my end. Are you ready?
(h) [Seer]: Yes. This vessel suits me very well, now that I have studied it.
(o) [You]: Good, here are the rings that will let me send you supplies. Share them.
(o) [Seer]: I will.
(t) [Seer]: Where are you going to watch us?
(u) [You]: At home…how am I going to get there?
(o) [Seer]: I think I can solve that problem…
As the seer disappears as before, you are suddenly teleported to your modified telescope. You look through it and see the maelstrom, whirling as before. Soon, the three seers, dressed for battle charge at the storm and the camera zooms in on them through the lens, now focused on them as they start the final battle!

BATTLE: Maelstrom (No Level)
Health: 10000
Combat Styles: Melee, Magic
Max Hit: 400, 430
Info: The storm remains the same as in your first fight. Although you are more prepared than in your first attempt, it still is a huge threat! The interface is also the same, but there is a new icon underneath the seers’: your chathead! If you click on this, the camera will focus on you, at your POH where you can move around your house. (The seers’ icons are still on the upper-left, so you can check their health.) You can enchant Spirit Shards and ferry them over to the seers, who will use them automatically thus healing 200 LP per shard, with your fairy ring (while you can choose the target seer, the rings might malfunction and send it to the wrong one) in the garden.

However, the seers have gained several new special attacks as they studied their vessels:

Solaris:
Health: 2500
Max Hit: 375

Prominence – Solaris dashes to his target, dealing damage based on his Attack Level to enemies on the way there. If you activate this move again within 2 seconds, he will dash back, dealing damage again. 10 second cooldown.

Nova Burst – Solaris charges his sword to deal extra damage based on his Strength and Magic Levels. 20 second cooldown.

Flair Blade – Solaris’s next three attacks are slightly faster and deal 30% of the damage to surrounding targets. 15 second cooldown.

Radiance – Solaris immediately sends a pulse of solar energy to enemies in a 5v5 square around him, dealing damage based on his Defence Level. 15 second cooldown.

Zorya:
Health: 2000
Max Hit: 280

Astral Blessing – Heals all of the seers by 100 LP and boosts their Combat Skills by 4. 10 second cooldown.

Darkseid – Zorya targets a seer, marking them with dark lunar energy for 3 seconds. After this time, any damage dealt to the target is split among enemies in a 3x3 box around the marked seer, dealing extra damage based on the marked seer’s Defence Level and Zorya’s Magic Level. 20 second cooldown.

Ebbing Force – All the seers move 10% faster for 5 seconds. 15 second cooldown.

Lunar Charge – Zorya marks an enemy with potent lunar energy. The next attack that enemy receives within 5 seconds, deals bonus damage based on Zorya’s Magic Level. 15 second cooldown.

Gaea:
Health: 3000
Max Hit: 330

Clean Slate – Gaea throws her throwing axe with such force that the target enemy is stunned for 1 second. 10 second cooldown.

Seismic Breaker – Gaea’s next attack deals extra damage based on her Strength Level and reduces the target’s Defence Level by 10%. 15 second cooldown.

Gravity Arc – Gaea’s next attack bounces between all hostile targets in a 9x9 square, but the damage decreases after each bounce. If two enemies are within a 3x3 box of each other, they will merge, for interesting effects. Tongue (This decrease can be mitigated by having a higher Ranged Level.) 15 second cooldown.

Dense Core – Gaea focuses her energy around her, increasing her Defence Level by 10 causing all damage to be directed to her for 3 seconds. 20 second cooldown.

While you won’t have every player’s favorite tool (Prayers), you have a wider variety of tricks at your disposal, through the seers’ moves. Moreover, realize that each seer fits a certain role better than the other two: don’t have Zorya do most of the damage! Have Gaea take most of the hits by getting in the way of the maelstrom’s attacks, leaving Solaris to do the heavy-hitting and Zorya to support her fellow seers.

Furthermore, did you notice how the seers’ moves can be chained together? Astral Blessing boosts all skills and Gaea’s and Solaris’s moves deal extra damage based on their levels. Darksied and Lunar Charge, coupled with Dense Core/Prominence can deal a hefty amount of damage in a short time. Finally, Gravity Arc should be used to counter Shattered Faction and Event Horizon quite nicely: the maelstrom will be forced to reform and the orbs will collide with each other and cancel out.

But the biggest deciding factor of the battle’s success is you, here on Gielinor! The Runes and Spirit Shards stack (while Life Shards don’t), so there’s no reason not to bring as many as you can. Remember, while you control your character, the seers will move as their A.I. dictates, so work quickly to get back in the commander’s seat: it’s better to heal early than late in this case. You can heal the seers even faster if you have a servant: s/he’ll be standing by you as you use the telescope, use the Life Shards on him/her and telling him/her which seer to send it to.

Once you defeat the maelstrom, a cut-scene begins. The maelstrom begins to whirl madly as streaks of blue and magenta light shoot from it the arms of the storm slowly shrink around the center, before it finally condenses into nothingness with a flash of light.
(o) [Solaris]: And thus it ends.
(h) [Gaea]: Looks like [You]’s plan worked!
(sa) [Zorya]: But we are the ones who put it into action.
(o) [Zorya]: But even I have to admit that it performed much better than I anticipated.
The seers flash back home and the camera fades onto you at your POH. Now that the battle’s over, you should talk to the vessels. Talk to anyone.
(h) [You]: I saw the fight, you were amazing out there!
(h) [Seer]: I have to thank you for your advice. Not even we seers could foresee what you and your kind are capable of.
(o) [Seer]: Unfortunately that is all we can do.
(t) [You]: What do you mean?
(o) [Seer]: Now that my fellow seers and I have done our job, we must return to watching this realm.
(o) [You]: I understand. Thank you for your help.
(o) [Seer]: It was our duty.
(h) [Seer]: Next time you come to the Spirit Plane, make sure to visit us.
(l) [You]: I will.
The light fades from the vessel’s eyes, for the last time. QUEST COMPLETE!

Rewards:
2 Quest Points
Summoning Xp
Construction Xp
Magic Xp
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:05 pm

bump?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:28 am

It seems that Jagex has released that RS's quests are known for their plot, so they've kicked it into high gear, and the Stellar Seer quest is in its wake.

Has anyone done the recent TzHaar quest and tell me how I can adjust that quest to work with the lore?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:38 am

I indeed have done the TzHaar quest, if you've not yet The Svet Trilogy - Page 3 612280 Once I read through I'll letcha know what can be done to change stuff.

And wow; how the hell did we come up with near identical time-travel stories, in terms of the use of the key and such? That's slightly scary, considering I didn't know these existed until today! Should Robo and I adjust, or is it just fine the way it is? It's especially scary, as I was toying with the idea of explaining the convoluted lore behind the Altars in Quest 2, in that you discover the Lunar Mages actually destroyed many of the altars, but than adjusted memories so that the Runecrafting Wars would be ended for a time.

Now to locate the read the quests in the thread... Any chance of just editing them into post 1 with a spoiler over 'em?

Alright, feedback for quest 1! I really liked it. It wasn't too difficult, it wasn't too easy, and it was pretty interesting. The bit on Lunar Isle could use some expansion though, as currently it's just really short! Another entertaining thing was that when the key breaks, your character mentions that they have a house... But technically, they could very easily start the quest without one, as no Construction requirements are required for the quest Tongue I liked the "boss" fight, but I feel you should make Svet a bit more sinister. Right now she just feels like a "Wrong place at the wrong time" character, and not even remotely evil at all, which makes it feel like we're not getting any hints for th next two.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Number of posts : 158

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044428364

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:04 am

You now understand my shock. Tongue Some time ago, I probably would have had one of us change their quest because I wanted ALL suggestions to be co-implemented, but since I'm writing the trilogy as my swan song (another quest I haven't done), it's more for fun, so we can leave it as is. It is a pretty hilarious coincidence.

I don't want Svet to be a straight up evil character, for reasons to be seen in the final quest, but, looking back, she needs to seem unlikeable, annoying. I want her to be playfully sadistic. :d
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:10 am

That is... just... wow... Still, that's really hillariously crazy o_O I thought you had a mage tower based off Pendragon too, but lol, this is even better.

And totally understandable Tongue Just some more foreshadowing would be lovely.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:30 am

Don't worry about it. Grin If anything, we should both put disclaimers that one did not plagiarize the other.

Alright, I'll make all edits when I finish the quest. Speaking of which, I suppose you're reading the second one now?
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amascut Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 am

I'll be doing so tomorrow Smile Doing some writing for a Minecraft map I'm working on in a group, and lazily rushing dungeons.
Amascut
Amascut
Proselyte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3