The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions?

+4
The Empty Lord
Handeath
Slayer Noir
Dragon78114
8 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions?

The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap50%The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 Empty The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions?

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:40 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well? Tongue
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1668

Back to top Go down

The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions?

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:37 pm

Miasma is gone. Totally scrapped.

And yes, 3mpty, the reason they state is to being ancient spells in line with the standard elements so that metamorphosis runs smoother, but I mean seriously, isn't it easier to just make 4 new metamorphosis avatars than it is to pass off shadows as rocks?

Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1248

Back to top Go down

The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions? - Page 3 Empty Re: The Anticipated update to the combat system…Opinions?

Post by Duskcurse Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:42 pm

WHAT!? WHy would they remove Miasma?

And, I don't get it, they changed the animation the ancient spells make?
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Did they happen to stop and think as to how this would effect quests such as Enahkra's Lament and Desert Treasure along with a great deal of foes like Nex and the Mahjarrat?

Why do the ancient spells have to fall into line with being elemental? If you're using such power, then surely you'd need more rarer runes to acquire them? Leave the spells requirements as is.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 2641

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:46 pm

Couldn't agree more, Morbius, it really screws up Zaros' history and I hope it doesn't make the live game
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:10 am

So what's Umbra called now? Terra? Confuse

How do Chimps and Polypore Staff and stuff fit in?
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:11 am

If any changes have to be made to the Ancient Spells, they should reflect the natures they had in Desert Treasure when used by the bosses. Smoke, Blood and Ice live up to those purposes, but Shadow doesn't. Instead of depleting prayer, Shadow only reduces attack.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:21 am

I always thought that about Shadow. The quest effect seemed to have a much better niche. Wink

Just looking at the page for Torva, the new table for armour looks better. Assuming that's how they will all look after, I won't mind. I'm curious to see what a weapon's stats look like but I've yet to find any.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:06 pm

Anything else new?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Shit, with the changes to the Ancient Spellbook, I'm going to have to rewrite the longest puzzle in Quest 6 of my series! >.>
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Maintain your stances. You can keep it as it is, unless the puzzle directly incorporates the spells.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:03 am

yeah. You use Ancient Spells to solve it. Although, I'll wait for the full release to see if it needs changes.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:00 pm

Beta is still in the early stages, with the final product being released in September. There still will be changes and maybe the Ancient Magicks will only be ammended so that they are more formidable (seeing as you have to go through a Master quest to obtain them, so players don't simply want them being all too much the same as to what's already on offer).

I wonder if Lunar Magic would see changes?
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 pm

I'm hearing rumors that Desert Treasure is no longer a requirement for Ancient Magic...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:31 pm

I got the impression that Lunar will no longer conflict with combat magic.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duskcurse Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:06 am

Slayer Noir wrote:I'm hearing rumors that Desert Treasure is no longer a requirement for Ancient Magic...

WHAT!? That'd ruin the point of Ancient Magic
Duskcurse
Duskcurse
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1367

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:31 am

Bastards!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:35 pm

well shit. that screws up EVERYTHING! >.>
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:40 pm

It won't make it to the live. It just can't. It's stupid and everyone hates it...
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Handeath Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:21 am

But it could anwser the question of how other mages know Ancient Magics...

But I'm worried for the future of spellbooks in general, I've already made my point for differences in playstyle.
Handeath
Handeath
Advocate

Number of posts : 955

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:35 pm

I gave a Beta a quick try. They've cannibalised the spell book, it takes too long to find a specific spell when scrolling down. More to the point, they should NEVER have touched my precious Shadow Spells! NEVER!
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:56 pm

the combat update was fun. I killed 4 people and stole the flag twice. I'm only 159. Grin
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 pm

I would like to fight the Barrows, but we all know that nothing I do at that stage is going to help.

Does exp continue gathering, because I might try ranged combat.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by MorbiusMonster Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:34 pm

Everything seems to work alright, I just don't like how you have to press enter to type. There should be an option to allow typing straight away.
MorbiusMonster
MorbiusMonster
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:01 am

I wouldn't mind if all of the following:
• Enter or Space - selects the box (can disable this).
• / - selects the box in Friend Chat, / again for Clan Chat
• Any alphabet character - selects the box and inserts the character (unless any alphabet character is used for hotkeys, then all are disabled).
• While any interface is open - box is auto-selected
• Personal Hotkey (default to 'T' while auto-alphabet is disabled)

Last edited by 3mptylord on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon78114 Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:17 am

that does seem convenient but they might not be able to program the hotkey system like that yet.

although I do agree that pressing "enter" before having to type is obnoxious.

its odd how they made Guthan's and Verac's have the same stats except Verac's has a bountiful prayer bonus.
Dragon78114
Dragon78114
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Slayer Noir Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:42 am

Double wield chaotics. They're epic.

So epic.

<3
Slayer Noir
Slayer Noir
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next