The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skill Microgames!

4 posters

Go down

Skill Microgames! Empty Skill Microgames!

Post by Blaze FF8 Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:49 am

If theres one thing that could give Runescape's gamplay-rep a kicking, its the lack of interactivity. Basicly, many skills simply consist of 'Click, observe, click, observe, repeat until 99 bounce'. For these skills, theres no actual difference in gameplay between them.

I didnt post this idea on the RS forums because its incomplete and Im not sure how well it'd be recieved...

My idea is to bring up a microgame (extremely small/quick minigame) for each skill when its used, which has a relevent relation to the skill in question. On completing it, you'd progress with your action, but to balance with the fact it'll take longer than simply clicking; a batch of items your "altering" for the skill will be altered at once instead of 1 at a time. (EG: 15 logs would be turned to bows in the exact same second.)...

BUT WAIT! affraid We know how some players feel about sudden, massive changes to the game. And many players play because of RS's simplicity. So, this would be optional, and can be turned on/off from the settings menu. To keep it all balanced, choosing the more challenging 'microgame' option would result in a bit more Exp. as well as saved time. Smile

Here are some examples of micro's that could be used. Keep in mind, this idea is brand new, so most skills havnt been covered yet. Suggest one if you like. Wink

COMBAT

"How could this work for combat and not be a nuisance!?" I hear you ask.

Melee: A transparent red ring will appear somewhere on the target's body. This is where you must click to deal decent damage, the ring changes position frequintly. At higher Attack levels, the ring increases in size, and remains in the one spot longer.

Ranged: A vertical gauge will appear next to you as you shoot. A small arrow will move up and down it, click on the gauge when the arrow is in the center to deal more damage on your next shot.

Magic: A large circle appears on the screen, with numerous small, moving, circles within it. You need to click on the smaller circles to ensure your next few casts of any spell work/deal decent damage. (By 3mptylord)

SKILLING

Fletching: A log appears on the screen, by waving your curser over it, the log's bark peels in the places the curser has touched. When all the bark is removed, the micro is complete. The faster its done, the more items are fletched at once.

Cooking: A "food-chopping" interface appears, with a similar challenge used in 'Cooking Mama' (Game for the Nintendo DS and Wii). (by 3mptylord)

Runecrafting: A complex symbol appears on the screen, you have to move your curser along its shape without crossing its edges. The symbol changes every several runecraft-rounds.

(Will work on more later, please mention any idea you have for this. tongue )

Last edited by Blaze FF8 on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Skill Microgames! Empty Re: Skill Microgames!

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:01 am

Sounds good and fun! I'm guessing cooking could be like all those Cooking Mama games, where you get a little close up of a chopping board or something and you have to make your mouse move certain paths to prepare the food, etc. Tongue

Problem is, we couldn't really use alphanumeric and punctuation keyboard shortcuts as they are used in speech... perhaps magic could have something screen they have to click repeatedly? Or something.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:23 am

Well, I wouldnt really know, ive never played Cooking Mama Tongue. Still, I could include it as a 'submission' of yours to this idea Grin

Yeah, I'll probably try something different for magic later on.
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 pm

Magic, enchanting, alching, etc. - Make a circle around the relevant item?
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:47 pm

For Magic I was thinking, why not have a circle appear on screen in the middle, and you have to select a series of coloured circles that appear inside it. They bounce around and stuff so it's not that easy. Wink

Skill Microgames! Cookin14Skill Microgames! Cookin13Skill Microgames! Cookin12

Your basic cooking game. You have to repeat step 2 for each of the cuts. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:44 pm

3mptylord, Ive added your ideas there.
Sorry Ruy, I thought was just a bit too basic. Tell me if you have any more ideas though. Meow
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:49 am

Well... these things shouldn't increase the time it takes to do the task... If it does, there needs to be an extra reward. Exp, items, ect, all should be given when you use the microgames. Not much, but some.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:03 am

Yes, there's a bit more Exp. in it for those who use it. I mentioned that on the 4th paragraph Smile
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 am

And speed, right? You said when you finish it *x* amounts of supplies would be made/whatever. It could be based on your performance!

Skill-based... real-life skill Grin
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaze FF8 Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:07 am

Thats true. Grin
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down