The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runescape's... Final Boss!?

+2
The Empty Lord
Blaze FF8
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Runescape's... Final Boss!? - Page 2 Empty Runescape's... Final Boss!?

Post by Blaze FF8 Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:03 am

First topic message reminder :

RS's stroyline is slowly, but surely, progressing further and further. We're learning more and more about the world's history, problems and lore. And we've pleanty of antagonists taking advantage of it all...

Because of this, things which have a huge place of importance are at risk (the Stone of Jas, for example) and we keep running into excuses for the world's citezens to fight further and further. Eventually, there's going to have to be a limit (right?), after so much, the stroy's going to have to come to an end and the main obstacle of evil must be beaten to ensure that.

Are the Mahjarrat going to reclaim Glienor? Are the gods going to wage war again? Will the penguins.... nahhh.

Well, Runescape's main story is going to HAVE to come to close at some point. So who's going to be our last enemy!?

My opinion? Saradomin or Guthix. Shocked

Why a God? Well, designers like their last battles to widen the player's eyes dont they? Tongue

Why Saradomin? Sara' isnt really as much of a protagonist god as he'd make you believe; some of his followers are dark and obsessed with superiority, and many show instant hate toward anyone who's not Saradomist. It could be that Sara' really wants Glienor under his own design, and simply defines all his views as good and right. With the world's attention focussed on the ever-growing fight against Zammy and Zaros, who'd be in his way?

Why Guthix? With the planet's growing conflict, he may decided to bring an "ubrupt end" through radical means (similar to the God Wars), or perhaps he'd rather re-write the world altogether!? Its said he made the world, why couldnt he destroy it?

Why not Zamorak? Seems like to obvious a choice really. Neutral

Why not Zaros? I get the feeling we'll beat the Mahjarrat before (if) he's re-awakened.

Whats your thoughts? Smile

(oh and by the way, I put the Jewel-Weapons on the gallery. I'd love it a few folk could check them out. The 'host image' tab simply doesnt work right now (for me anyway) on a thread)
Blaze FF8
Blaze FF8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 496

Back to top Go down

Runescape's... Final Boss!? - Page 2 Empty Re: Runescape's... Final Boss!?

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:36 am

So what exactly are you disagreeing with? The stone of Jas is all that Zamorak had over Zaros... that is now what Lucein has, so it's assumed that his intentions are the same. Unfortunately - Zamorak cannot make an appearance, unless, being Mahjarrat at heart, Zamorak still needs to attend the ritual. Wink

I've always liked the idea that Freneskae isn't their homeworld, and is rather the homeworld of the Elves. Seren brought the elves here when the Mahjarrat arrived on Freneskae, so has to escape the war they always bring. When the Mahjarrat came here, war was inevitable, but for some reason it was different here. Tongue

The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 7344

http://3mptylord.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:40 am

I think that with the stone of jas lucien is stronger than certain gods
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 am

I'm not sure... depends if Zamorak was when he was pre-god.

Lucein isn't exactly the most powerful normal mahjarrat... his kin can vouch for that. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:27 am

What do you mean...he's a cunning mage...i get the feeling many of them only care about battle strength...Raistling was always considered frail and sly and weak ... his mage skills just pwnd all and then he became the most powerful person in his universe
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:42 am

Urgh... most mahjarrat do not use melee, it's a primitive combat style. General Khazard is the only one I can think of. Zemourgal is skilled in both Necromancy and Legilimency, and Sliske is mastered in stealth and combat magic. For Zemourgal to call Lucein weak is a pretty factual statement. Lucein is a mahjarrat to himself, and he does not have the respect or following of any of his kin. He is likely to be the one chosen to face the void, however, I somewhat doubt he will be the one who actually faces it. If anything, I think the stone of Jas will be lost to the void... or, when the stone comes into contact with the void, an almighty flash of light illuminates the many lands of RuneScape, before the sky is literally consumed by darkness... thousands of spirit-like beings being spat from the void-gate, including many of the mahjarrat previously to face the void. The tear between realms shatters the barrier between our own and a vast number of other realms - including the Shadow Realm! Grin
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:26 am

I'm sorry but Lucien could easily have just been pretending that he was weak so everyone would underestimate him...exactly the way most of the mahjarrat have
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm

We are far too strong in this game. I mean, come on, taking down the general of a god solo? There is practically nothing we can't kill at the moment. Give us some monsters only to make us feel small and weak.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:59 pm

I was watching videos on Youtube a while ago and I found this one of World of War craft for one of their epic bosses... there were at least 500 people all positioned in a circle around him. I think the minimum he's been slayed in, when I asked, is close to a hundred people. These is a video of how one guy killed him... but it was more a case of everyone else had died, the big dude had 1hp, and he spawned his children (whilst his children are flying around you cannot hurt the big guy). So this one guy was running around trying to avoid the children (who are more like missiles, they don't actually attack - it's more of a lazy-targeting system, so they choose a target but don't follow it insanely). He survived and managed to kill the big thing! Smile

But yeah, this sort of thing would be good... with a larger map, I was going to suggest making Dragons *MUCH* larger... so that they could potentially swallow you hole - another reason why I've suggested multiple ages on another thread. Hatchlings are the new baby dragon, but how could you kill something that cute?! Fledglings are teenaged dragons, but are the size and power of normal ones - and "Dragons" are epically massive and difficult to kill, and they aren't even bosses. So imagine the new King Black Dragon?!

Of course, I was also hoping that dragons would now take flight, but I'm not sure how this would work. I suppose it could be a case of, unless they change the camera abilities so you can look up, that you can select a shadow to attack - should you be using melee and needed to switch to Ranged (which would lose your target). Dragons use a "scattershot" type attack when flying, which inflicts Ranged damage despite looking like little balls of fire. Only "Dragons" can fly, just verifying that when I said "dragons" I wasn't being generic. Smile

I don't see the mahjarrat as being naive enough to believe a pretender - Zemourgal has known Lucein for as long as they have both existed, and Zemourgal and Azzanadra make reference to Lucein being a coward. If Zemourgal says Lucein is weak, then it's probably true. This is why Lucein wanted to the stone - to show up his kin and prove that he isn't useless, although he'll probably fail (or rather, I hope he fails). I'd much rather see an epic fight between the stone of Jas and the mahjarrat, and I say stone of Jas because Lucein stands no chance on his own, and for the stone to fall and brake, or be flung into the Void... something epic, rather than Lucein actually succeeding. Zemourgal has already shown he is an excellent legilimancer (legilimency is a skill from Harry Potter, and has some logical definition as Occlumancy is a combination of to occlude and mancy - it the art of imposing your will on another's mind, causing them to see things, read their thoughts, determine truth from lie, etc)... whilst it's possible Lucein could be an adept Occlumancer (the counter-legilimancy skill), and be hiding his true intentions from the other mahjarrat, it's a much better storyline if he is actually the runt of the litter.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:25 pm

That completely is dependent upon your definition of power...Nobody would be particularly powerful if stripped of all their items...in most situations power is defined by the connections you have, the influence you wield, the cunning you utilize and the sheer fire-power you control...sure Arnold Schwarzenegger is stronger than Barack Obama...but Obama is far more poweful.

The fact that Lucien managed to cunningly manipulate everyone and capture the stone and the staff makes him quite powerful...saying that lucien is weak because the others could destroy him if he didn't have the stone and staff is like arguing that I'm weak because most quest bosses could own me if I didn't have armour weapons and food...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:49 pm

... now I'm confused.
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:07 pm

lol
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:12 pm

It's all ur fault! Angry
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Yep that's me...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Ummm... back on topic now?
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:28 pm

But i already gave my theories
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Then... let's become inactive Grin
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:30 pm

kk... *pushes the red button*
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:49 am

What? When did I ever specify power physically or otherwise? Zemourgal says Lucein is weak, and that he is. We have defeated him physically, and he doesn't show any degree of magical power beyond any other mahjarrat. Sure, he possess the stone, he wields more power than any other mortal on Gielinor... but that doesn't make HIM powerful. Zamorak wasn't more powerful than Zaros, it was the stone that won that fight. However, that is all power when comparing weak to strong - I said Lucein was weak, this can mean nothing else. In terms of Lucein's influence (similar to your comparison between Obama and Arnie) - Lucein has very little of that. He is regarded among his kin as weak, a coward, etc... this is what he is known for, and that isn't good either. Lucein is pathetic, and he's planning on following in Zamorak's footsteps (quite literally) in the hope to prove the others wrong! I respect that you seem to hold a high opinion of Lucein, but I cannot understand on what grounds. Confuse
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:51 am

I'm sorry if i respect lucien for having figured out that Zamorak needed another source of power, locating it, and using it to become powerful
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by TATORZ Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:51 am

Confuse
TATORZ
TATORZ
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:52 am

Suspect
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:07 pm

But he didn't locate it or find it. Movario located it, and the player found it. Lucein merely followed us and stole it. This is somewhat witty, and a cliché move from an antagonist - using another to do your dirty work. But being witty isn't being wise or intelligent - it shows you have less skills than the one you sent to do it. If Lucein was so capable, he could walk in and obliterate all that got in his way - so it's not a case of sending the player in to die in his stead, anything the player can kill would stand no chance of killing any mahjarrat.
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:16 pm

That completely assumes one thing...that the balance elemental had no way of contacting guthix...Guthix is nearby, he is somewhere below lumbridge...I wouldn't be surprised if, if lucien stepped foot into the chamber with the elemental still there the elemental would call on guthix to destroy him...whereas the elemental probably thought it could deal with us alone
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Empty Lord Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:32 am

Dark Avorian wrote:That completely assumes one thing...that the balance elemental had no way of contacting guthix...Guthix is nearby, he is somewhere below lumbridge...I wouldn't be surprised if, if lucien stepped foot into the chamber with the elemental still there the elemental would call on guthix to destroy him...whereas the elemental probably thought it could deal with us alone
I can't even remember this conversation, but just in reply to that comment, it doesn't really work. The Guardian should have been adequate to take on any challenger - the only reason we succeeded is because it is what we wanted when we touched the stone. Tongue
The Empty Lord
The Empty Lord
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2