The Suggestion Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collective Quest Writing V2: Vampire Slayer Two

2 posters

Go down

Collective Quest Writing V2: Vampire Slayer Two Empty Collective Quest Writing V2: Vampire Slayer Two

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:07 am

Okay basic rules

1: Anyone can help
2: you cannot post twice consecutively unless it has been a full 24 hours since your last post
3: Have fun
4: Posts should be of a half decent length
5: We will be writing in the first person...

So...let's get it started

Vampire Slayer 2: Terror in the Night

It was late autumn when this fateful tale began. The leaves of the forest carpeted the ground around the pleasant village of Draynor, a place where in my more timid days I had slain a not-so-mighty vampire by the name of Count Draynor. On that day I strode proudly into the village market. I flipped Fortunato a large gold coin and in one gulp I drank the wine he handed to quench my thirst after a long day of chopping willows on the pleasant shores nearby. Looking up with a contented sigh I saw a troubled-looking guard interviewing some locals...some of whom looked quite ready to faint.

"What seems to be the trouble officer?" I asked the guard as I strolled in his direction.

When I was standing next to him he responded in a worried voice, "We've had some reports of strange creatures entering the town, always accompanied by inexplicable wooziness in a small portion of the population the same morning... It's almost as if...No it can't be, you dealt with that situa--" he was suddenly cut off by a bloodcurdling scream

"HELP! DON'T LET THEM GET US!!!!" Following this exclamation Ava & Doctor Oddenstein burst into the market and collapsed on the ground.

"What is the meaning of all this noise!?" came the annoyed voice of Aggie who strode around the corner, looking quite ready to scold us...however she froze in horror and looked in the direction of the two bodies...who we only now realized seemed to be leaking blood out of many holes on their necks.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Number of posts : 3550
Location : Within the hallowed halls of the mighty, those known only as nobles.

Back to top Go down

Collective Quest Writing V2: Vampire Slayer Two Empty Re: Collective Quest Writing V2: Vampire Slayer Two

Post by Ruy112 Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:22 am

I quickly realised this called for an adventure. I talked to Ava and Oddenstein about what had happened. "What happened?" They both began to shout "I was attacked when I was toying around with some biological chemistry" Ava said, and was about to continue, when she was interrupted by Oddenstein "I was just working on my newest invention, the Haemo-" He was cut off by Ava "Anyway, it was this huge beast with vicious fangs and massive claws" she used her arms to illustrate a seemingly very dangerous beast, "No No, it was at the size of a human, but with burning red eyes"

The more they talked, the more it became clear to me, that I couldn't use their stories for anything. They hadn't seen very much, and they filled in the gaps with their own imagination. Oddenstein was just about to explain how to build a machine that could enter his mind, so we could get a clearer picture of the events, when I cut him off. They were both weak from the blood loss and confused, I couldn't use what they were saying for anything.

I decided to go check out Draynor Manor, that was where they were assaulted and I assumed clues were to be found there. So I went to the Manor, already dreaming about the fabulous reward I would get, when I saved the day.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Number of posts : 1623

Back to top Go down

Collective Quest Writing V2: Vampire Slayer Two Empty Re: Collective Quest Writing V2: Vampire Slayer Two

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:24 am

As I approached the crossroads north of Draynor I suddenly realized that there was chanting coming from the direction of the manner, I stopped in my tracks and muttered to myself, "What in hells name is that?"

"I wouldn't worry about that too much." Looking up I saw a strange figure clad in stone armor covered in blood-red runes. He carried a vial of something in one hand and a twisted wand of black stone in the other, but the strangest thing about him was the gas-mask with smoked glass goggles. Before I could react he threw the vial at me and ran off...there was an almost deafening explosion and I collapsed, weakened horribly by the attack (think mouner effect...but restore pots don't help and hp is down). I was of course immediately set upon the vicious highwaymen hoping for some loot...but I managed to defeat them even in my sorry condition.

After I had healed and rejuvenated myself I set off again, I saw not event the slightest hint of the strange figure I had seen before, and when I crested the hill just south of the manor I looked down and saw the gate abandoned. Or so I thought. As I walked through I was suddenly beset by two vicious hooded creatures who began to bite at me, they weren't hurting me tremendously but they were taking multiple bites a second, I hurled one onto the ground and stabbed it through the heart, then swung my sword and decapitated the other, as my heart rate returned to normal I realized with a growing horror that the two monsters who had attacked me were none other than Veronica and Ernest...and I had just killed them
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:51 am

Then three things sprung to my mind. First, they were not vampires, though I was fairly sure they had bitten me. Second, the guy was not Ernest, though he looked remarkably like him, Veronica sure had a horrible taste in boys. Third, a thick purple smoke emitted from the lantern above us. It could be that I jumped to conclusions, but I had definitely seen the people as vampyres. Maybe the gas reacted with the gas from the vial, that was still in my blood. That meant that I could hallucinate every time I entered the manor.

I continued down the path. Again I was attacked by two skeletons, they were not much of a match and I quickly finished them off. They turned out to be living trees, apparently I was still under the influence of the gasses. But there was no way, I was turning back. Though the grateful villagers and reward'o'plenty could be a little harder to achieve than I thought.

I reached the front door of the Manor...
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:07 am

I quickly passed through the lobby into front hallway...couched on the floor was a creature I was very surprised to see here...a cat...the last time I'd seen it it had been wandering a precarious maze of broken stone suspended hundreds of feet above the floor of a massive cavern.

"Oh goody...look sis' it's an adventurer, I guess we'll have to take him down to the dungeons." looking up I saw the witch Kardia followed by teh witch who normally inhabited this house, apparently they were sisters...Kardia spoke a harsh guttural word and I collapsed unconscious...

...When next I awoke I found myself in a cage in one of the rooms of that strange dungeon beneath the manor, I also could see that the entire lever system had been recalibrated (at least in that room). It appeared as if I would be caged for a long time...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:26 am

Or maybe, I tried stepping through the cage's bars. To my surprise I could, another hallucination. I worked some lever magic and managed to escape the basement. I went up the ladder and to my surprise, I saw Kardia's cat sitting on the floor. Every time I came near, it walked and stopped, so we were going to play "Follow the mysterious cat"

The cat went into the witches I followed it down into the crypt with Count Draynor's coffin. It walked over the candles on the ground, I tried to follow and burnt my feet. The cat stopped on top of the poison and gave a loud "Miaou" I took that as "take the poison", but as soon as I neared the poison the cat left, I decided to leave the poison and follow the cat, who went down into the crypt. Another "Miaou" near the Count's coffin before, continuing up the stairs again.

After many detours the cat went into professor Oddenstein's lab and disappeared, another hallucination. On the table was the invention professor Oddenstein had mentioned earlier, the Haemo-Replicator. I picked it up, it was only a prototype, but looked functional, though it was empty.

(Thanks to Psychoboy8 for the Blood-Replicator used in Homecoming Apocalypse. I am sure he has nothing against me using it here, especially not after this: So Much Win )
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:11 am

The door of the lab was thrown open and the mysterious stone figure entered the room...he slammed the door shut, grabbed me and hurled me through the portal into the Killerwatt realm.

I stood up, I could immediately sense that the air was clean out here...but I wondered how I would ever get out...

...Luckily it wasn't long before I heard an excited voice from another part of the realm...

"Hey, come here. It's Oddenstein, I've opened a portal from my new lab in Aggie's basement."

I quickly followed him and jumped through the new portal...

-------------------------------------

I had just finished telling him, Ava, and Aggie about the recent events when a scream tore through the air from outside...It had come from Morgan's house...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:36 am

When I got into the house, Morgan was gone, but the heavy smell of garlic hang in the air. There was no doubt, Morgan had tried to defend himself with garlic, and that just fit perfectly with my theory, I was dealing with a vampyre, or possibly vampyres. I wanted to go after Morgan, but I knew that there was not much I could do.

I returned to Oddenstein in Aggie's basement, and the conversation fell on the Haemo-Replicator, which I luckily still was carrying. Oddenstein told me that it could be a powerful weapon against vampyres. He wanted me to fetch some kind of spiked blood, and that reminded me of something I had done once before. I told him of how I killed Dessous, and he agreed that the blood I used to do that would do very well. Oddenstein doesn't think that blessing the pot would do any difference, so that wouldn't be necessary. Also you shouldn't use human blood, that could heal the vampyre and we don't want that.

I went to Ruantun, who lives in the Draynor dungeon, or more commonly known as the sewers, right next to the Draynor Jail. I talked him and he made me a silver pot.
I got the garlic and spices
Then I killed any non-human being and used the pot with it, when it was near death to fill it with blood.
I ground the Garlic to get the Garlic powder, and then I added the powder and the Spices into the pot of blood.

I brought the Spiked Blood back to Oddenstein. He asked me if I wanted to make it even more potent. I could choose not to, but that could make any fight against vampyres in the future harder. I choose to improve it, and Oddenstein gave me the instructions:

First I added some Guthix Balance potion to the blood.
Then I went to the blood altar and enchanced the blood with its power.

I returned to Oddenstein again, and though he was a man of science, he admitted that it needed a blessing of a holy man, so I had to go to Entrana. But the monks wouldn't let me go! So I had to find alternative ways to get there. But I got the blessing nonetheless, after a few threats. I returned to Oddenstein and loaded the Haemo-Replicator with my sample. Now I was ready to take on vampyres.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:54 am

But before I went to the manor I asked about the hallucinogenic gas. Oddenstein seemed shocked...he said it had been devised by him and ernest as a means to control dangerous beasts...he seemed unwilling to speak of exactly what kind...but that it was flammable...quite flammable...

So i armed myself with a flaming arrow and from a ways down the road from the manor I shot the lantern... a huge but rather mild fireball engulfed the manor for half a second. soon after that the stone man ran out of the building followed by the two witches..."Damn," he said to them, none of them had noticed me nearby. "The test subjects won't be hallucinating anymore...without them we'll never be able to perfect the Haemo-replicator for mass production...now my dreams of Ernest's Insta-Regenerators are ruined, and I won't be able to roll in billions of gold!"

"Ernest!?" I said, unable to contain myself.

"Ah...so it's you who did this to me...Well I guess I'll have to set up shop elsewhere...goodbye..."

"Wait! What have you been doing..."

"Oh...well you see I really wanted to make a device that would provide a virtually limitless blood supply for the richest of this worlds Pker's, Boss hunters, slayers, etc...and to be quite honest i needed some way to test if the blood I made was good...and drive out old man Oddenstein in the process..."

"Oh god...so that's what they are for?"

"Yes of course...these marvellous ladies performed the transformation rituals creating the vampiric creatures necessary to test the blood...and scare off Oddenstein. I also tested their tastebuds on the villagers...just to insure the vampires knew what good human blood tasted like."

"And what now?"

"Well I expect that in a few minutes the vampires will be pouring out of that manor...and attacking the rest of the world ... let's go ladies," and with that they teleported away...

...and then came the screams
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:19 am

I fired the Haemo-Replicator at the front vampyre, I had hoped for some One-Hit-KO, but it was simply weakened. It would be easy to kill in this weakened state, but with more vampyres swarming, it would be impossible to get them all.

Suddenly help came from an unexpected front, Count Draynor. Materializing from the shadows he stood by my side. He was stronger since I last saw him, his power truly at the level of his more prominent brother.

"You were supposed to be dead" I cried, firing the Haemo-Replicator at a charging vampyre. "As if I would be killed by a mere mortal such as yourself" he hissed and continued "I simply needed to disappear, and you were a welcome opportunity" I fired the Haemo-Replicator again "Why are you here then?" I asked, unable to hide my surprise. "A vampyre invasion wouldn't get past my dear brothers nose, and the last thing we would need is drawing his attention here" He hissed, still not seeming to care about the charging vampyres.

Side by side, with an old enemy, I prepared to take on the charging vampyres.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:41 am

I fired the Haemo replicator at the first member of the oncoming horde, Draynor leaped forward, and with bare hands tore the pale humanoid limb from limb. After we defeated about 15 of the beasts something else issued from the manor, three huge giants...lords of their kind...I fired the haemo-replicator at them and they appeared to falter but still rushed forward... We found ourselves fighting for dear life against the three...but eventually we won, and as the last one fell we heard a screeching noise...three warped spirits tore themselves from their shattered corpses and began to attack us... they seemed eerily similar to the revenants of the wilderness...but event they could not stand against us and so finally all was peaceful.

Draynor spoke in a soft hissing voice "I will go cleanse the manor, I will leave you to deal with the problematic human." And with the last syllable he melted away into the air.

I turned away...I knew just where to look for clues...

---------------------------------------------------

"Here kitty, kitty, kitty." I said...when the creature approached i lept forward and grasped it...I winced at the stress it put on the shoulder I had bruised falling from a nearby bridge. Holding the kitten in one arm and mt sword in another I proceeded towards Kardia's humble home...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:55 am

I had promised to go see the Count after this, he had a small task for me. I didn't like the sound of it.

I sensed something was wrong as soon as I entered the Underground Pass. For some reason I couldn't teleport while carrying Kardia's cat, so it was the only way to enter. Koftik met me at the entrance "Something is wrong..." he cried, before he fell over. At first I thought he was dead, but then stood up. He murmured something and then he attacked me. I thought of fleeing, but then I realised he had the damp clothe I needed to proceed. I killed him rather easily and he dropped the damp clothe, but then he rose again. I killed him a few times for the damp clothe and proceeded further into the pass.

I crossed the bridge and was attacked by Midnight Spiders (55/57/61). Not only did they hit high, but they also healed by the same amount they hit me, which made each of them a pain to kill.

(All the changes to the pass are only present when carrying Kardia's cat, you can enter the normal pass, by not bringing the cat)
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:11 am

As I came to the grid I saw Koftik in his usual location...at first i simply tried to cross but i soon found that he followed me and seemed to take a vicious pleasure in shoving me off the path...finally i got angry and pushed him off...he fell with a scream and didn't reappear. I ran past the spears which didn't seem any different...neither did the prisoners...but when I came to teh first maze the kitten ran off onto the maze and ran around it very quickly...finally i caught the little beast and continued to the sight of my first murder of an innocent creature...

Lo and behold there was a quite angry revenant unicorn standing there who began to attack me...once i defeated it I had to run by the zombies, paladins, and the well...all of which were completely normal...and entered the main cavern (After teh quest players will be able to search teh unicorn corpse for a reward...not sure what though)

As i got onto the bridges I heard a strange noise and suddenly a huge bloodless vampire bat came hurtling towards me...the cat peeked it's head out of the bag, gave a single "miaou" and the bat fell from the air dead...as more and more swarmed the cat calmly eliminated them...and I...stunned by the strange events of recent days...was able to continue towards the witches house in relative peace.
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:23 am

Suddenly I was attacked by my old friends. Doomion, Othanian, and Holthion, though they didn't look like I remembered them. They were huge flying beast, flames, horns, chains, wings. I couldn't fight them, so I dodged their attacks. Kardia's cat aided m e and attacked them, dealing quite a nice amount of damage. I continued to dodge their attacks, wall of fire, blasts of wind, blasts of dark energy, while Kardia's cat defeated them. Their amulets dropped down into the darkness, one by one. The final demon died and imploded, drawing me above one of the gaps.

I woke up in the area with the soulless, but these weren't the soulless I remembered...
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:58 am

[They were now a fully functioning atheist society...lol not, really]

They were now armored in same strange fashion as ernest. and they began to speak "Hail Ernest...hail the mighty one." and began to attack me...the funny thing was that they seemed unable to attack me at any speed that even came close to problematic...I chuckled to myself "I guess even his followers attack slowly." and then proceeded to kill them one by one...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:22 am

After I had chopped quite a few Soulless, Klank and his dwarf arrived, bombing away the remains with bombs made from their homemade brew. We quickly retreated from the endless amounts of Soulless'

We retreated to their home, where they explained how they explained their plan of fleeing into the Temple of Light, the Pass was no longer a safe place to be, not that it had ever been safe, but now it was suicide staying around. They also restocked my supplies, with food, potions, and all that I could wish for. Then they continued to talk about their escape plan, but I was not quite sure...
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:32 am

Then I saw something quite scary...Kalrag and his brood were approaching us...he apparently hadn't died when i fought him teh first time...them we saw that the spiders were being ridden by the soulless and i began to feel terror forming in the pit of my stomach. We fought for quite sometime...but it seemed almost hopeless when in a brilliant flash of purple light Kardia appeared...she chanted words and the spiders shriveled at her command.

"Give me that cat! It was hard calling it to draynor...and now I've had to wait for you to make your way here...but finally it's in range and it blocked Ernest's spells that he's been using to control me and my sister--actually it blocks everyone's magic save for mine." she said grabbing the cat from me she then yelled out loud. "Damn it...that slippery beast just teleported away with my sister, apparently he ran out of the cat's range."

"Where do you think he went?"

"Knowing him that little brat went running off to his momma...she seems to have absolutely no care for what her sons do!"

"Sons?"

"Yes...the other one is a wannabe evil wizard named dave who performs some 'evil' spells that frankly are downright stupid."

"Ernest is Evil Daves brother...?"
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruy112 Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:02 pm

I left the pass, I wanted to go after Dave, but I had promised Count Draynor to go see him. So I used my Glory to get to Draynor, happy that I could teleport again.

I entered the crypt and was greeted by Count Draynor, although he was very polite, he seemed angry. "Your buddy caused quite some trouble for me" he hissed, "He's not my buddy" I protested, but he didn't seem to notice. "Anyway, Drakan is aware of what happened, and we wouldn't come here, would we?" He asked, but he already knew the answer.

"I need to you to attract attention somewhere else" he said and handed me a very vampyre-looking cloak and a set of fake teeth. He wanted me to go to Varrock and make them think, that there was a vampyre on the loose.
"Why don't you pay my old acquintance, Dr. Harlow, a visit?" he said and I left the crypt.

I went to Dr. Harlow, figured it would be best not to put on my vampyre-costume before I knew exactly what to do. So I went to the Blue Moon Inn, and met with Dr. Harlow. I got him drunk and snuck out behind to equip my costume, and do what had to be done.

I fled the scene and headed towards Edgeville.
Ruy112
Ruy112
Partisan
Partisan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Avorian Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:12 am

As I entered Edgeville I heard the yelling, and when I say yelling I do not mean screaming. As I made my way to Evil Dave's mother's house I realized that the yelling was coming from a bold woman, namely Evil Dave's mother, "What have you been doing! At least your brother isn't harming anyone...he just play's around in the basement with whatever interests him! You on the other hand have harmed this poor old lady." As I came nearer I saw Evil Dave's mother yelling at her son while attempting to comfort the witch.

"But Mommy..."

"No buts Ernest. You are a disgrace to this family, this town, and this kingdom! I am ashamed to call you my son!"

"Fine then! If you don't want to be my mother don't! But that means I care nothing for you," And with that Ernest rushed at his mother, pulling a wicked sword from somewhere on his person.

"NO!" a voice thundered from the open door of the house. Evil Dave stepped out and raised his hand. Ernest had been stopped in his tracks at the sound of Dave's voice. "Get away from us...you are not my brother." and with those words Dave cast Fire Surge at Ernest who was thrown backwards against the general store burned to a crisp. "Let's have dinner Mum," said Evil Dave and the two of them walked back into the house...but not before Dave threw me a small package which I assumed held some reward...
Dark Avorian
Dark Avorian
Templar
Templar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down